• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
This sounds like it was inspired by Prince + Janelle Monáe. I like it!

She seems to be teasing something for this week. I hope its album release date. >.>

also you can follow me on spotify
cat_zpsa5a1f50a.png

Vazra

Kimbra's new lead single to feature Muse frontman on guitars
tumblr_lrrzp1SVLn1r22325o1_500.gif

Muse frontman Matt Bellamy will feature on the new album by Kimbra.

The New Zealand born singer, perhaps best known for featuring on Gotye's 2011 single 'Somebody That I Used To Know', recorded with Bellamy ahead of the release of her second solo album, which is produced by Rich Costey.

Muse have worked extensively with Costey in the past and Faster Louder reports that Bellamy has recorded guitar parts for the album's lead single.

Other artists who are confirmed to appear on the album include Daniel Johns, Van Dike Parks, Thundercat, Bilal, Mark Foster and John Legend. Kimbra is also reported to have worked with musicians including The Mars Volta, Queens Of The Stone Age, Dillinger Escape Plan, Dirty Projectors and Unknown Mortal Orchestra during the recording sessions.

Kimbra released her debut solo album 'Vows' in 2011. It featured the singles 'Settle Down' and 'Cameo Lover'. She will soon tour Australia with Janelle Monáe.
Source

OMG Im so ready for the slayage.
tumblr_mnf5umQTtP1ssgy3mo1_500.gif

JCX

Lana was fun. Was surprised so much of the audience knew the lyrics to songs other than summertime sadness. West Coast sounds even better live.

Nemesis_

Lana was fun. Was surprised so much of the audience knew the lyrics to songs other than summertime sadness. West Coast sounds even better live.

I feel like here, the songs that really took off for her were the "K Trilogy" songs - Blue Jeans, Born To Die and Video Games. I think Summertime Sadness really only took off long after the Paradise EP came out and her buzz for that first album were done IMO.

Glad to hear she was fun though. I worry she might not be interesting live :(

Anyone listened to all of Kelis' Food yet?

You can stream the whole thing here

I'm just starting now.

Whoah, how on earth did this album leak like, two months early? I remember when we were all clamouring for snippets of the leak.

edit: wait this sounds different to me, the leak might have been unfinised?

It's certainly a huge stylistic switch from Flesh Tone.

Zutroy

Just finished FOOD - wow, it's really good. I've instantly started listening again. Easily as good as Flesh Tone.

The rasp of her voice is mesmerising!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Radio 1 is compiling the Top 100 UK Downloads of all time at the moment, you can listen here.
Lettuce see if your faves can make the cut

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

This is the POPGAF Spotify playlist (click the banner). It is a collaborative playlist so you are able to add your own music to the mix.

• Do not add music that is more than 6 months old
  • Do not add full albums just the good tracks...
This is to discover new music faster, easily be able to grab it and add it to your own playlist.
Let me know if it doesnt work and please contibute. Enjoy!

iYPweVt3Heo3y.gif

I copied this from you know where :eli:

Meier

I've only now found out after all this time who the dancing girl is that Gay-GAF and Pop-GAF loves. Casey Wilson/Penny from Happy Endings.

I always assumed it was from a reality show.

Vazra

I've only now found out after all this time who the dancing girl is that Gay-GAF and Pop-GAF loves. Casey Wilson/Penny from Happy Endings.

I always assumed it was from a reality show.

Watch the 3 seasons and enjoy. I miss the show ;_;
penny-dance.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
They're down to the top 10 :)

edit; how interesting, they announced We Found Love as a Calvin Harris song feat Rih

Matt_

Pharrell has three songs in the top ten I am SEETHING
BLURRED LINES #1 My countrymen are DISGUSTING

Mau ®

Coldplay's digital promo single "Midnight" has been made available for purchase on most iTunes stores WW.

As expected from the KINGS OF POP, the song has gone #1 in most countries it's been released. A true testament of their selling power and overall superiority over the lesser bands and pop stars (like Kylie).

Midnight

#1 Argentina (=)(NE)
#1 Belgium (=)(NE)
#1 Brazil (=)(NE)
#1 Bulgaria (=)(NE)
#1 Chile (=)(NE)
#1 Colombia (=)(NE)
#1 Costa Rica (=)(NE)
#1 Cyprus (=)(NE)
#1 Czech Republic (=)(NE)
#1 Denmark (=)(NE)
#1 Dominican Republic (=)(NE)
#1 Ecuador (=)(NE)
#1 El Salvador (=)(NE)
#1 Estonia (=)(NE)
#1 Finland (=)(NE)
#1 Guatemala (=)(NE)
#1 Honduras (=)(NE)
#1 Ireland (=)(NE)
#1 Israel (=)(NE)
#1 Italy (=)(NE)
#1 Latvia (=)(NE)
#1 Lithuania (=)(NE)
#1 Luxembourg (=)(NE)
#1 Malta (=)(NE)
#1 Mauritius (NE)(NE)
#1 Mexico (=)(NE)
#1 Netherlands (=)(NE)
#1 New Zealand (NE)(NE)
#1 Norway (=)(NE)
#1 Panama (=)(NE)
#1 Paraguay (=)(NE)
#1 Peru (=)(NE)
#1 Poland (=)(NE)
#1 Portugal (=)(NE)
#1 Romania (=)(NE)
#1 Russia (=)(NE)
#1 Slovakia (=)(NE)
#1 Slovenia (=)(NE)
#1 South Africa (=)(NE)
#1 Spain (=)(NE)
#1 Sweden (=)(NE)
#1 Venezuela (=)(NE)
#2 Canada (-1)(NE)
#2 Greece (-1)(NE)
#2 Hungary (-1)(NE)
#2 Switzerland (-1)(NE)
#2 Turkey (-1)(NE)
#3 United States (=)(NE)
#3 France (-2)(NE)
#4 Germany (-2)(NE)
#5 Austria (-3)(NE)
#6 United Kingdom (-3)(NE)
#10 Lebanon (NE)(NE)
#11 Argentina (=)(NE)
#11 Chile (=)(NE)
#11 Colombia (NE)(NE)
#11 Costa Rica (NE)(NE)
#11 Ecuador (=)(NE)
#11 Guatemala (NE)(NE)
#11 Panama (NE)(NE)
#11 Paraguay (=)(NE)
#23 Finland (+23)(NE)
#32 Sweden (+38)(NE)
#41 Poland (-3)(NE)
#53 Nicaragua (-10)(NE)
#54 Netherlands (+100)(NE)
#68 Bolivia (-20)(NE)
#81 Norway (+224)(NE)
#83 Italy (+21)(NE)
#97 Indonesia (NE)(NE)
#99 Denmark (+273)(NE)
#110 Austria (+22)(NE)

Ya'll better PERCH for the TRUE SINGLE "A Sky Full of Stars", which has been described as Yellow 2.0.

Matt_

You did not just come for Kylie why stanning Coldplay of all fucking people

Mau ®

You did not just come for Kylie why stanning Coldplay of all fucking people

Ch... calm down. It's a little battle I have with Godel, who I know is currently SEETHING as he reads this from banned heaven.

Kiss Me Once is TRASH tho and that's something you cannot change.

Vazra

Mau ®;108965187 said:
Ch... calm down. It's a little battle I have with Godel, who I know is currently SEETHING as he reads this from banned heaven.

Coldplay entire discography cures Insomnia and no that's not a compliment.

Matt_

Mau ®;108965187 said:

Then in the spirit of Godel let us turn to Metacritic, where Kiss Me Once is rated higher than Coldplay's most recent effort.

Mau ®

Coldplay entire discography cures Insomnia and no that's not a compliment.

What kinda odd shade? Usually it's the other way around.

And please. Coldplay's CELEBRATED discography shits on your faves. But I won't get into exact details because I don't like fighting with you :3

Then in the spirit of Godel let us turn to Metacritic, where Kiss Me Once is rated higher than Coldplay's most recent effort.

Yup. "Mylo Xyloto" is horrible as well :biblio:

But at least it had hits the GP truly got their life from.

Touchdown

Banned
I will never forget Katy thankfully knocking Blurred Lines off the top of Billboard right before it was about to creep up on Mariah's record. I would have done some bad things if that garbage overtook the queen.

iYTzrggZ8yIg8.gif

Vazduh

Rhenna looks so hot in that photo. What a beauty.

I will never forget Katy thankfully knocking Blurred Lines off the top of Billboard right before it was about to creep up on Mariah's record. I would have done some bad things if that garbage overtook the queen.

iYTzrggZ8yIg8.gif

Payola queen, ha power
pSlGFJ5.gif
pSlGFJ5.gif

Feeling slightly melancholic right now, so here's an "oldie" that fits my current mood. I think that most of you might like this song (some of you are probably familiar with this guy's music).

City and Colour - Hello, I'm in Delaware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom