• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
So Gwen and Pharrell will be performing Hollaback Girl next week on The Voice

mess

iblTIkz1ChsuFz.gif

Bladenic

Go on! sent you packing
So long! you've been slacking
We're so out of reasons
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING
My heart's been released
You have been evicted
You're out, I'm spring cleaning
So thank you, and
THANKS FOR LEAVING!

Y'all need to get into this bop, I mean you can get it for free.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Go on! sent you packing
So long! you've been slacking
We're so out of reasons
THANK YOU FOR LEAVING
My heart's been released
You have been evicted
You're out, I'm spring cleaning
So thank you, and
THANKS FOR LEAVING!

Good song that got paid dust tbh.

Vazduh

First Love, J. Lo's new single is out there. Not sure if it's a demo or finished version, but I'm willing to bet it's the latter. If I had to compare it to one song, it would be Xtina's Your Body, only slightly less big, if that makes any sense. It could smash with the right video and promotion, but it's not something that'll be massive.

update: It's up on Popjustice.

Oh, and Alpines have released a video for their new single.

Alpines - No Other Lover

edit: in other news, Jessie J keeps being herselfobnoxious.

#jessiejalbum3 #jessiejrecordingdiary #jessiejbehindthemic I wanted to show you what I am like before the polished videos and mixes and masters. This is the bit most of the time you don't get to see of me, even though this is where I work the hardest before promo and release. I put my phone on when I'm recording and forget it's there to capture myself at my most realist. Because when I know a camera is there even if I try I know I am aware and I don't relax. It's always a little showier than the real real of the real. How much I self criticise (constructively) in the studio to improve. How silly I am, how pissed off I can get when I can't get the notes. How I don't bother wearing makeup. How much I swear, uh huh it's ALOT! Yep! My hay-fever trying to be a flipping feature on every song. How much I frown. How hot and sweaty and stressed I get. How much I love what I do. How important it is to me for everything to be clean and clear and well executed. How I coach myself. How I don't use tuning so I challenge myself. How I practice between takes. How much I can get it wrong. It's all part of a real process of making music or anything creative. It's about self improvement and self reflection. I love to sing. But that isn't enough. Making it your living is a different game. So I this time to focus on making sure the core of it all the music is where I want it to be and how I want it to feel and sound. I love making music and not a day goes by that I don't think about how thankful I am to my heartbeats/fans for this opportunity. Nothing is ever promised. I have to work hard for this, nothing should be handed on a golden platter. And you can't get comfortable, EVER! It's about me understanding and managing my expectations and being BETTER always and just simply being MYSELF! ��✌️❤️

1jfQzEE.gif

p.s. Rebecca & Fiona's album Beauty is Pain is out.

I honestly expected much more simply because I loved the first one. This one is more poppy, and less house-y sounding, though that may be to the fact that Rebecca isn't with Adrian Lux anymore (he produced most of the first album). Overall it has some solid tracks, but for the most part it's forgettable. And I can't believe they left out two really good singles they released after I Love You Man:

Taken Over (feat. Style of Eye)

Union

Fevaweva

I know I am seriously late, but Ariana Grande's latest song is flames. So much better than it should be. That rap verse is terrible, though.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Pfft, igyy's verse is the best bit

Touchdown

Banned
Pfft, igyy's verse is the best bit

The problem I have with Iggy is that she does not use, or have, a robust vocabulary; which hinders her as a rapper. I like her in theory but her songs overall seem to disappoint lyrically. The opposite is true with Nicki. Her wordplay, verses, punchlines and multis are usually very clever and more in-depth.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
:*( going through my playlist this morning and pressing "skip", I kind of realized something. I'm kind of over Artpop......

:*( going through my playlist this morning and pressing "skip", I kind of realized something. I'm kind of over Artpop......

Yeah aside from Venus, ARTPOP and Applause, it doesn't hold up like Born This Way did. I listened to Born This Way for two years straight. I don't see myself doing that with ARTPOP.

Nemesis_

I was feeling the same way until the tour happened about Born This Way. If it doesn't renew my faith in the music, then Born This Way is officially the better album for me.

Vazra

Yeah aside from Venus, ARTPOP and Applause, it doesn't hold up like Born This Way did. I listened to Born This Way for two years straight. I don't see myself doing that with ARTPOP.

Meanwhile Natalia Kills "Trouble" remains flawfree and still holds up. So does Sky "Ferreira Night Time, My Time", Janelle Monae "The Electric Lady" and V V Brown Samson and Delilah"

You should text Gaga to go back at doing good music. ASAP.

A Natalie fan insulting Gaga's music is, I'm pretty sure, one of the common logical fallacies you learned about in high school.

You should probably spend more of your time referring your fave to her local Career Services Center than coming for people who actually file taxes.

tumblr_mtyak70G4k1rk8jx0o1_500.gif

Vazra

A Natalie fan insulting Gaga's music is, I'm pretty sure, one of the common logical fallacies you learned about in high school.

You should probably spend more of your time referring your fave to her local Career Services Center than coming for people who actually file taxes.

tumblr_mtyak70G4k1rk8jx0o1_500.gif

Maybe you should refer your rat face fave to a clinic afterall her fading relevance and her schtick failing to get the masses to spend the coins like they used to will get ha insane *More than she usually is*. Who knows he can eventually become Natalia's roommate at this rate.
gagaugly.jpg

I didnt knew you were stanning Ariana Grande tbh. Oh you meant US Hot Dance Club Songs like the Xtina stans used to defend her flop album Lotus after Let There Be Love touched the first spot? That didnt changed anything in the end hunty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom