• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

ZehDon

An appropriately Australian response to the AUS pricing on X

K1eq4xg.jpeg
star-trek-first-contant.gif

Traxtech

Australians need better paying jobs or better money management skills if they're crying about a $1200+$150 console. New phones are $2200 with the 1tb version being nearly $3000,a new set of quality car tyres is more expensive than this console.

If it's too much for your budget, you just shouldn't buy it, pretty simple since the normal PS5 would be fine for you.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Australians need better paying jobs or better money management skills if they're crying about a $1200+$150 console. New phones are $2200 with the 1tb version being nearly $3000,a new set of quality car tyres is more expensive.

If it's too much for your budget, you just shouldn't buy it, pretty simple since the normal PS5 would be fine for you.

Dickhead, I live in Vaucluse, and I ain't buying that shit :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Cyberpunkd

Australians might be lucky if Telstra or someone offers 24 month contract interest free like the Xbox ;)
Is this the ISP Internet + console deal? If that’s the case the most you are getting is a few percent off, you need to do the calculation, which majority of people don’t do.

For example, my wife switched phones with her carrier, now she is locked to 50€ contract for 24 months. My iPhone is old AF, but my contract is 10€.

Ywap

As a person used to checking pc parts prices i find the Ps5 Pro cheap. The CPU is the only 💩 in this package imo 🤢

Last edited:

iQuasarLV

Australians need better paying jobs or better money management skills if they're crying about a $1200+$150 console. New phones are $2200 with the 1tb version being nearly $3000,a new set of quality car tyres is more expensive than this console.

Condescending comments like this remind me of assholes who said shit that tanked their business for 10+ years ago.

Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to stay connected; it's called Xbox 360" - Don Mattrick, Microsoft's President of Interactive Entertainment Business

This was in response to Xbox One requiring, REQUIRING, an online connection to function at its announcement E3 2013.

Fabieter

How you powering that beast and how much per month will it cost extra on your electricity bills?

You can't play outlaws of assasins creed without ubi plus which is 15 a month or you use the clusterfuck which is epic games store.

Consoles will never win the operational cost game. Don't start at that

It's not so much to do with not having the money to buy it, it's more the value proposition.

Also the fact that it is over double what the PS4 Pro cost in Australia from $550 to $1,350 for PS5 Pro (if you want the disc) is pretty amusing.

Zathalus

That EU price is really taking the piss isn’t it? Even with the tax difference this should be €749 max.

PS5 is already trailing behind PS4 sales wise, and this is certainly not going to help close it. I’d actually expect the gap to widen.

LimanimaPT

Everyone is freaking out about price, but Gamestop trade-in for PS5 is about $350.

So this new one costs about $350. Who is gonna keep their old console and why?
Me. I've dropped 420 euro last year, I'm not dropping a single dime just to get better performance. Is this some kind of yearly fee?

DinoD

Aussies who have better paying jobs and better money management skills are probably smart and not going to spend $1360 AUD to replay TLOU2 or SM2.

For a disclosure. I'm paid well, but lacking money management skills. Therefore will be there day 1.

PeteBull

Gold Member
$700? Digital only? Only a 1.7x increase in power?

Yeah lol no. The ps4 pro was a bigger upgrade than this and that launched at the same price as the base model and was a physical model
i wish ps5pr0 would be 1,7x increase, its only+ 45% in gpu and around 10% in cpu(same zen2 just mild overclock), add to that 800€ for discless and its so much worse deal from ps4pr0 its not even funny =/

Traxtech

Aussies who have better paying jobs and better money management skills are probably smart and not going to spend $1360 AUD to replay TLOU2 or SM2.

For a disclosure. I'm paid well, but lacking money management skills. Therefore will be there day 1.
My man haha, im mostly in the wanting the fps drops to stop category, so I'm also day 1.

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling
Sony failed here in 2 key areas:

1. This is where those goddamned PC ports become a problem. You've created a comparative case that is difficult to make.
  2. Showing a bunch of early PS5/crossgen/late PS4 titles is not driving enthusiasm.
Other than that, I'm not surprised by the price. 4 years of record inflation after 15 preceding years of regular inflation with stagnant prices, technological plateaus, vastly increased chip demand outside of vidya, and assorted international fuckery all means that the days of quickly and deeply depreciating hardware and subsidization are over. Microsoft isn't charging 600 dollars for the Series X+2TB because they have leeway.

Iirc, Sony is still taking a bath on standard PS5s. At 61 million units in, that's insane. Despite being priced at mass market level, PS4 Pro didn't sell more than 12 million units. Sony's clearly looked at that, and decided to make a more significant upgrade and price it accordingly.

They've also clearly looked at the digital ratio and decided splitting off the disc drive is worth it, and gamers only have themselves to blame for that. You can't buy the supermajority of games digitally and not expect the business to shift in that direction.

If you're not down with the PS5 Pro, I don't blame you: particularly if you have a substantially more powerful PC already (good idea with those ports Sony /s) or a base PS5. But let's be realistic about this.

TrippleA345

The marketing people don't understand what the purpose of gaming events are, they suck hard with the state of plays and showcases.
Not surprisingly they also suck at showcasing the ps5 pro. And the prices are backfiring hard basically everywhere on the media.

gif-Nuke-PC.gif

bighugeguns

They probably lost like 1 billion dollar with all their gaas bullshit the last few years. They should fire all current executives instead of letting consumers paying for that mismanagement.
Yeah, agreed, this screams knee-jerk and just like with Sega and Creative Assembly, they quickly realized suddenly jacking up prices everywhere in response to executive fuckups is an even dumber idea than the ones which caused all the losses in the first place.

Fabieter

Or they gonna drop sonys greed and just get a PC. How about that?

There is no reason to eat everything a shitty greedy company throws at you.

bighugeguns

Throw this puppy in there and maybe we can talk.

And that official wireless headset.

It's called the Playstaiton 5 PRO, not the Playstation "Oh Jesus we need to make money back immediately!"

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fd6563a91-9e68-4746-88f1-9b71ad75f1cf_1280x720.jpeg

Last edited:

Fabieter

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
System also has 2TB SSD.

Since the price is already high, they could had made it 1TB and chip down the price. Lots of PS5 gamers probably have their own 1TB drive to add if they wanted to.

But to make extra money directly off the gamer it's 2TB standard. They'd rather make the money on extra SSD space than people using their own or buying an external third party SSD to add themselves.

Last edited:

bighugeguns

This genuinely is not worth it. End of story.
If you have all the gear already like the duelsense edge, 3d Pulse etc then it makes sense to trade up your base PS5, for anyone else this is a hell of a difficult sell, it's a couple of extra FPS, extra 1TB storage and a very barebones system otherwise. :-/

SHA

People need to stop bringing the "inflation" argument
True, you don't say that and make a safe argument unless you're talking about yourself, it has never been at the scale of whole community, it's just selfish at this point, zen 2 on 7700xt, how is this even acceptable?

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Playstation 5 PRO!*

* Duelsense Edge, 3D Pulse Pro, Disc Drive, Stand sold separately

Doesn't exactly scream value at me.
They’re being incredibly shortsighted by not including a stand, especially considering the console's high price point. It's as if they're assuming that anyone willing to spend that much money on a console would also be willing to pay extra for a basic accessory like a stand.

peish

Not just australians, but the whole internet wailers wailing as if ps5pro is some super unaffordable machine.

When in fact, $699 is nothing these days for a high powered device.

Me says, it is just the internet hive mind joining the huzzah parade. And a little opportunisitic hoping Sony get spooked. When everyone knows, it is just impossible in today's environment that ps5 pro can be 499 or even 599

bighugeguns

They’re being incredibly shortsighted by not including a stand, especially considering the console's high price point. It's as if they're assuming that anyone willing to spend that much money on a console would also be willing to pay extra for a basic accessory like a stand.
Yeah it's very rough, I think they're specifically targeting people with all the extras already in place? Whatever, there's no way in hell I'm buying this thing, with all the extra stuff I'd want to get, the pro controller, headset etc, I'd be going into majorly stupid territory, for me anyway. That kind of money spent I could get the kind of RTX 4000 GPU for my PC that would just murder whatever the PS6 is.

I like Sony, I had PS5s before, but not this much, lol.

One good thing from this is by November the second hand market for regular PS5 consoles will be hot with people "trading up".

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Not just australians, but the whole internet wailers wailing as if ps5pro is some super unaffordable machine.

Me says, it is just the internet hive mind joining the huzzah parade. And a little opportunisitic hoping Sony get spooked. When everyone knows, it is just impossible in today's environment that ps5 pro can be 499 or even 599
Internet hive mind? This announcement is negative everywhere you look. Everywhere, not just on GAF. From the same announcement video to social media and even executives in the same damn industry commenting how that pricing strategy is basically greedy and stupid.

Fabieter

It's the same shitty cpu with more storage than people need. Alot of them already bought an extra ssd years ago because the ps5 storage was too tiny. So yes all around the pricing is shitty for what it is.

peish

Internet hive mind? This announcement is negative everywhere you look. Everywhere, not just on GAF. From the same announcement video to social media and even executives in the same damn industry commenting how that pricing strategy is basically greedy and stupid.

Yes that is the hive mind i am saying. People just like to over react as if end of days. It is only $699 in an era where processors are getting expensive. Your next android phone using snapdragon will see a price increase.

It's the same shitty cpu with more storage than people need. Alot of them already bought an extra ssd years ago because the ps5 storage was too tiny. So yes all around the pricing is shitty for what it is.

So you can move the extra ssd over to pro? Is there any loss? NAND prices are going up with the AI gold rush. Thank god Sony locked down 2TB prices with the pro.

Top Bottom