• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Please can some answer a quick query?

Do I refresh the page regularly? Or will the page automatically update when the PS5 PRO is available for pre-order?

AmuroChan

I bet a lot drop out when they see the price...

Those who are in on the 30th Anniversary edition already know it will be expensive. Price is of no concern to these folks. There are only 12k of these made and the allotments are disturbed across dozens of countries. These will go quick.

Hard to say. Anyone that buys a Pro Classic can make 2-3x (maybe more) their money back if they resell it. No reason not to get it unless you can't afford the upfront cost.
Just saw the Direct store doesn't take American Express, PayPal or allow Klarna for preorders. LAME!

Archie501

Neo Member
10am means I'm deffo not going to work tomorrow, fuck that. I'll get up at 5am as normal and spend the next 5 hours hitting F5.

Which you'll have to do, as in my experience if you leave the Playstation direct website sitting idle for too long it logs you out. I wonder how that will work with a potential queuing system? Once you're placed in the queue will the site keep you logged-in indefinitely? As obviously refreshing could lose your position in the queue? I wasn't around for past releases that used the queuing system so have absolutely no clue.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Trust me guys, this isn't the iPhone lol. You will have no trouble getting your preorder in if you want it. No need to get up at 4 AM.

Of course! That's what a scalper would want us to believe

I See You GIF by HBO Max

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Looks like GameStop Canada is (at least partially) bringing back the forced bundle approach that were common with regular PS5 for so long...

TransTrender

Gold Member
Still no deets in the OP?

Is tomorrow going to be the PS5 Pro 30th Anniv edition only on the PS Direct store, or will they also do the regular PS5 Pro?
Is the date of October 7th still holding for Best Buy/Amazon/Walmart/Target PS5 Pro pre orders?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yup, aren’t there only like 12,000 of them?

Planning on getting a reg PS5 pro and 2 anniversary controllers. But hoping they limit everything to one per customer so more people get get a chance to get something.
Yeah 12k world wide

Total side note but pro tip to those who don't charge big purchases usually to let your CC company know ahead of time so they dont deny it on first try

hepfom

Maybe I am biased but for LE items there should be a weighted system in place the longer your account has been active and number of trophies especially plats you have ;)
I agree with you. They should just let anyone who wants one to sign up for a waiting list sign up and order by seniority ( how long you've been paying for and/or how many months you've stacked of Playstation Plus). there's gotta be some benefit to paying for their useless online toll road.

Last edited:

Euler007

For the limited edition might as well just auction it to PSN accounts that have been active for more than one year, with activity (purchase) in the last year. Open up the bids, top 12833 (non blind) bids win it.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Top Bottom