• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

Three

Those who are in on the 30th Anniversary edition already know it will be expensive. Price is of no concern to these folks. There are only 12k of these made and the allotments are disturbed across dozens of countries. These will go quick.
Is it available in the UK? I see nothing about it on the UK PSdirect store.

akira__

Banned
Absurd situation, this is why they need real competition.

They show us a product with a lackluster reveal and second showing. And then top it off by not even allowing their customers to pre order/buy said product.

Great product though Mark Cerny delivered again.

But damn, don't reject money like this.

Those who are in on the 30th Anniversary edition already know it will be expensive. Price is of no concern to these folks. There are only 12k of these made and the allotments are disturbed across dozens of countries. These will go quick.

Presumably Sony will do the bare minimum to discourage scalpers from thinking they can just return it if they can't resell easily.

I get the impression that people are only interested in the AE because they think they can scalp it.

Last edited:
Yes. Everybody. Please trust A asdasdasdbb . Sleep in, go to work, do whatever. Just don't try to preorder a PS5 Pro. :devilish:

I mentioned it before here... I bought a PS4 Pro no problem on BF. The PS4 Pro was a much much bigger upgrade than this, plus it was only $100 more than the PS4 Slim. And you saw all the complaining about the price and the memes. Legit demand for the console won't be much.

Neofire

They said the same thing about the PS5. This is always the excuse. It's such a cop out. If it doesn't sell out you'll come back screaming I told you so and blaming Sony for the price. If it does sell out then you'll say it was just scalpers.
I hope it doesn't sell out and history has shown that if it does sell out it isn't mainly because of scalpers and eBay is the proof lol.

Kings Field

My buddy from Gamestop didn't think the regular pros stock would be a problem

And $1200 is about what I expected for the bundle and thought they might even push it higher.

They could have charged $1500 and it would still sell out in seconds

That’s what I heard too. Regular pros aren’t going to be a problem especially for people who preorder at their specific store.

AmuroChan

Presumably Sony will do the bare minimum to discourage scalpers from thinking they can just return it if they can't resell easily.

I get the impression that people are only interested in the AE because they think they can scalp it.

Nope. I want one because I'm a collector. No interest in ever selling it. The collectors community is absolutely going to be vying to get one of these. Scalpers be damned.

DinoD

I know it's only 19 minutes in since pre-order started. Don't look like a mad rush tbh. Pre-orders still available through EB/JB-HIFI/Amazon.

Topher

Gold Member
Why does Sony keep trolling me with this gotdang 30th Anniversary "Shapes of Play" preorder? Damned if I don't keep clicking thinking preorders are open.

XnKPsdD.png

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

DinoD

Most of online retailers implemented an array of protection measures against scalpers since 2020. I am sure you guys will be fine.

I guess about $1650 CAD for the PS5 Pro SE. [Edit whoops That's probably too high]

PlayStation 30th Anniversary Collection Purchase Information

In regions where direct.playstation.com* is available, players with a PlayStation Network account can pre-order the following PlayStation 30th Anniversary Collection products exclusively from PlayStation starting September 26. In regions where direct.playstation.com isn't available, pre-orders begin starting September 26 at participating retailers.

• PlayStation 5 Pro Console - 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Bundle
  • PlayStation Portal Remote Player - 30th Anniversary Limited Edition (standalone)
  • DualSense Edge Wireless Controller - 30th Anniversary Limited Edition (standalone)
So I wonder which retailers are the best bet in Canada? Best Buy Online? Amazon?

Last edited:

CLW

This is INSANE - no link no time no announcement of when either will be announced (or an announcement for said announcement)

demigod

So how is this going to work? They put you in a queue and you can choose between the Pro or 30th Pro? Or do we have to spam 2 separate tabs?

Zacfoldor

With AI, why can Sony not figure out who their actual customers are and offer this preorder to them first? How easy would that be, like seriously. They don’t care.

Top Bottom