• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

With AI, why can Sony not figure out who their actual customers are and offer this preorder to them first? How easy would that be, like seriously. They don’t care.
They don't even need AI, just restrict it to those with a trophy level above the 25th percentile for the first hour or two. Hell 50th if they really want to be selective.

Not a perfect system but better than totally random.

Mobilemofo

I can imagine a massive loudspeaker installed in the middle of London with a small countdown clock..when it reaches zero, the speaker let's out a tiny fart sound.
Let the pre-orders commence! 😅

n0razi

Just got this message:

Preorders for PlayStation® 30th Anniversary Collection and PS5 Pro will begin at 7am PDT (10am EDT).

IMPORTANT INFO:
When countdown reaches zero, you’ll be assigned a random place in the queue.
Don’t worry – your place in the queue is secure. Opening multiple queue tabs or manually refreshing the page will not affect your place. The page refreshes automatically.
Have your payment details ready. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover cards.
You’ll need a PSN account to buy directly from PlayStation. Have your Sign-In ID ready.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
preorder start on a thursday during work hours what is sony thinking ??? everyone is off at midnight they should've started the preorders now makes no sense when people are beginning the work day what if they are in a meeting or something this is a big Sony L

n0razi

So how does the direct queue even work.. Do you try and load the page early? Right at 10?

My assumption is that once you get the "queue page" then your ip address and/or your PSN ID goes into a line on sony's servers and it will hold it for you for a reasonable amount of time once the pre-orders open up

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
preorder start on a thursday during work hours what is sony thinking ??? everyone is off at midnight they should've started the preorders now makes no sense when people are beginning the work day what if they are in a meeting or something this is a big Sony L
gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

Killjoy-NL

pick up on 7th November confirmed! LETS GOOOOOOO

https://mediamarktsaturn.com/ large EU chain with giant stock I got my PS5 and the XsX from them on release day with zero issues.

I just checked the other 2 big chains we have - both have preorders still locked on "notify"...
MediaMarkt NL doesnt show it yet.

I'm just gonna wait for Playstation Direct pre-orders to go live.

As if my work day couldnt get any slower....

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
It's pretty weird that there is no mention whatsoever of the pro preorders on the psdirect in Belgium. Let's see how this goes.

Last edited:

DryvBy

I'm getting some weird 400 bad request error on PS Direct.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF
Oh trust me. What will happen is the website will crash, you'll be logged out non-stop, and you'll need to spent over an hour refreshing the site and hope everyone else gives up.

Edit: 10 years ago, that worked for me.
1CHHGzj.jpeg

Last edited:

RCU005

I don't think there's going to be hard at all to get a PS5 Pro whenever you want to. People should be worried about the 30th anniversary edition, not the normal one. I bet the normal one will be available for pre-order everywhere, and available in-store whenever it comes out.

Last edited:

Kerotan

In theory, yes. However, think about how few we are likely to be allocated out of the 12300 and set your expectations accordingly. I'll be happy if I can grab a regular Pro and then go from there.
Is it possible they made 12,300 pros and 12,300 slims?

Top Bottom