• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

There was a claim that the Pro was to come with 2TB internal storage.

Don't want to post that here because the source of the article is that clickbaiting moron MLID. 🤦🏼

Last edited:

Quantum253

Gold Member

Don't want to post that here because the source of the article is that clout farming moron MLID. 🤦🏼
2TB NVME are still pretty pricy when using on a mass amount of systems. With the ability to easily add additional storage, I would think they would stay with the same HDD to keep costs down. That's only my opinion though

2TB NVME are still pretty pricy when using on a mass amount of systems. With the ability to easily add additional storage, I would think they would stay with the same HDD to keep costs down. That's only my opinion though

They can do 1TB instead of the 825 GB they currently do, and it would be received really well.

Alebrije

Don't want to post that here because the source of the article is that clickbaiting moron MLID. 🤦🏼
2TB would be great specially if for some reason PRO comes digital.and Physical. 1TB is not enought specially for digital one.

Banned
I bought an Xbox One X at launch. MS did a really good job of hyping up the power and demonstrating how it will automatically boost many games even if they never receive a One X patch. Pretty much any game that had dynamic resolution on would not run locked at 1080p, like DOOM 2016, Battlefield One, and so on. Plus the load times were slightly improved and there was some extra CPU grunt although not much.

MS and DF worked together and that was enough to convince me to get one, and the claims were all true.

So if the PS5 Pro is real and they want my money, it needs to be the same sort of experience. Every game sees a boost just by virtue of running on the machine, even if its something simple like hitting the fps cap or maximum resolution target. Obviously patched games will look great, that isn't a concern I have -- but its really important that my existing library performs better right out of the box.

Quantum253

Gold Member
They can do 1TB instead of the 825 GB they currently do, and it would be received really well.
With a usable 1TB, it would be nice, but I don't think they'd upgrade the HDD though. I hope to be wrong, but upgrading the HDD or transferring over the disk from the PS5 might be the first thing to do. People probably aren't thinking about buying another m.2 for the Pro

Alebrije

I bought an Xbox One X at launch. MS did a really good job of hyping up the power and demonstrating how it will automatically boost many games even if they never receive a One X patch. Pretty much any game that had dynamic resolution on would not run locked at 1080p, like DOOM 2016, Battlefield One, and so on. Plus the load times were slightly improved and there was some extra CPU grunt although not much.

MS and DF worked together and that was enough to convince me to get one, and the claims were all true.

So if the PS5 Pro is real and they want my money, it needs to be the same sort of experience. Every game sees a boost just by virtue of running on the machine, even if its something simple like hitting the fps cap or maximum resolution target. Obviously patched games will look great, that isn't a concern I have -- but its really important that my existing library performs better right out of the box.
Xbox one X is the Best Console Microsoft has produced to date. Mine still rocks (got the Scorpio versión). What You Say is true...got the One X because every improve offered was true. But most important the improvement was notable.

Banned
Xbox one X is the Best Console Microsoft has produced to date. Mine still rocks (got the Scorpio versión). What You Say is true...got the One X because every improve offered was true. But most important the improvement was notable.
Hard agree. I migrated my One X downstairs after I got my Series X. Installed a 2tb SSD and now its a perfectly fine secondary gaming device/blu ray player.

I agree they have been incognito for the most part .

But here is the problem.
We just learned there wont be any showcase for a while, instead just another state if play which is phatetic.

I dont see them using the tokyo game show for a reveal so what does that leave us with?

Only time will tell.
Geff Jrubb is a dubious source - he has a decent track record when it comes to certain Sony events like SOP, but I doubt any leaker knows what Sony is planning over the next few months in regards to major hardware releases and the reveal dates surrounding them.

Last edited:

Radical_3d

Wait really? Lol I had no clue and I've had a slim for like .. 6 months. Nice.
MtZ9N.gif

Euler007

I concur 1TB is what it should be, big waste of money on the bill of material to go 2TB. Having two slots for expansion would be nice, I'd pop in a 2TB right now and a 4TB in 3-4 years.

TrebleShot

They should just call it the PS6 been so long now PS5 feels like an ancient piece of tech from yesteryear mine is so loud and rattles along trying its best on its knees trying to upscale from 720p for 60fps.

bundylove

Sorry pal, anyone that thinks that it's delayed or canceled is no friend of mine. It's coming this holiday, prepare your wallet.
I am ready since last year.
I have over a dozen games on hold cuz of this.

But i am getting tired and have to start dipping into my backlog which is not ideal.
Looking at alan wake 2 here.

Fine it will release this year so you can be my friend again

I concur 1TB is what it should be, big waste of money on the bill of material to go 2TB. Having two slots for expansion would be nice, I'd pop in a 2TB right now and a 4TB in 3-4 years.
Now this is where the pro should actually upgrade and take it a step further and increase the max storage capacity to 16tb for an m.2

Loxus

lol.
yeah, it's 1TB. I guess they didn't need those special SSDs anymore that limited the storage space before
Everything should be the same except for the Nand chips and maybe the number of channels.

In the OG PS5 each Nand Chip has 2 dies @ 512 Gibi bit. Not to be confused with Giga bits.

Each channel is a lane that connects to a die, so two channels connects to a Nand chip.

512 × 12-channels ÷ 8 (to convert bits to bytes) = 768 GiB (Gibi bytes)

1 GiB = 1.074 GB
768 × 1.074 = 824.832 or 825GB

With the new PS5, it has 4 Nand chips with 4 dies @ 512 Gibi bit per Nand chip this time around.

4 nand chips × 4 dies = 16-channels.
512 × 16-channels ÷ 8 = 1,024 GiB
1024 × 1.074 = 1,099.776 or 1.1TB
Not to sure why Sony doesn't list it as such.

Not to sure about the speed though.
Techpowerup has a lot of details on the SSD.
Sony Playstation 5 825 GB
Die Read Speed: 551 MB/s
Die Write Speed: 57 MB/s
80Jd410.jpeg

Sony Playstation 5 SLIM 1 TB
Die Read Speed: 1600 MB/s
Die Write Speed: 164 MB/s
87CBTdX.jpeg

Last edited:

Preseznik

Neo Member
I too would prefer putting resources into more "grunt" (for example, VR performance which is probably last on the list) instead of already easily upgradable storage.

KT3wjzW.jpeg
HNo7AA9.png

Thus, we can see a design very similar to that of the PS5 Slim. The same white color will be found on the exterior of the console. 2 USB-C ports and the power button will also be present on the front of the console.

The first difference that we can notice in our sketch is the presence of three black bands in the middle of the exterior facades of the PS5 Pro. The type of exterior facade, however, remains similar to that of the PS5 Slim. And we imagine that it is possible to reuse the replacement front plates designed for the PS5 Slim.

The other difference that we can only see in the final image of the PS5 Pro has to do with its thickness. In fact, the PS5 Pro looks a little thicker than the PS5 Slim.

Unfortunately, we are still not sure about this point. Because indeed, the image we have comes from a PS5 Pro without a disc reader. However, although we think it will not be so, we do not know the existence of an edition with a disc player. Although it will undoubtedly be possible to add a disc reader (like the PS5 Slim).

We think it is rather a commercial choice of Sony to launch this console at a competitive price, reducing costs thanks to the presence (optional for some) of a disc player.

Top Bottom