• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

Perrott

Where are they?
Plenty of games to play. All of them critically acclaimed and/or with a remarkable user reception, most being lauded some the finest releases in recent times, and some even among the best games of all time.

kdynK5c.jpeg

And these are only Sony Interactive Entertainment / PlayStation Studios published titles, not including the various third-party exclusives that so far have also helped define the identity of the PS5 library.

Last edited:

Borowski_1

Are you really trying to say PSVR or VR in general is safe?
I'm saying that it was a risk in terms of the hardware they made, and at the price they released it

Not in terms of the actual games

Without system sellers like Astro or HL Alyx, it was always going to fail

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
To clarify, when I say that SIE are past the pandemic delays I am referring to Totoki's statements earlier this year when he noted that they are now past the disruptions to their pipeline caused by the pandemic.

I know what you mean, just wanted to clarify that you never get that time back.

Whether it be releasing another game, a DLC, or a higher quality game at some point during the generation, you'll never get the time back. Just like kids who missed their senior year of sports, that time is just gone. It's life.

I'd also hazard to guess that any studios with WFH still implemented will likely always have some element of lost production moving forward.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
I'm saying that it was a risk in terms of the hardware they made, and at the price they released it

I thought you weren't an investor... why do you care if it succeeds or fails...

How can you be so transparently hypocritical?

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Plenty of games to play. All of them critically acclaimed and/or with a remarkable user reception, most being lauded some the finest releases in recent times, and some even among the best games of all time.

kdynK5c.jpeg

And these are only Sony Interactive Entertainment / PlayStation Studios published titles, not including the various third-party exclusives that so far have also helped define the identity of the PS5 library.
Nice list of PS4 games you have there.

PS5 should have these kind of games by now.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

Sony were involved with some PSVR 2 games tho....regardless VR is probably the riskiest thing a studio, publisher can do, GaaS a close 2nd.

Perrott

You could say the same thing about the PS4 and Switch earlier years (and in the Switch's case, the entire generation), yet it would be stupid to complain about it since being able to enjoy The Last Of Us Remastered at 1080p 60fps or Mario Kart 8 on the go was great back then, just as it is similarly great to revisit Uncharted 4, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding or The Last Of Us Part II at 60fps, with visual improvements ranging from slight to major and in some cases even including additional content.

As I said, there's nothing wrong with remasters. When studios make an awesome game they should be able to "get away" with re-releasing it for the latest hardware in a similar fashion as to how beloved movies from the late 20th century have received home media re-releases in DVD, Blu-Ray and lately 4K Blu-Ray over the years.

Last edited:

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Sony were involved with some PSVR 2 games tho....regardless VR is probably the riskiest thing a studio, publisher can do, GaaS a close 2nd.

I think there is this misconception and probably due to the cost that there needs to be like 50 amazing VR titles or something. I'm probably 1 game away from getting VR.

I think it's about experiences and experiences that are completely different and fully realized from that of flat console gaming, but the price is the biggest issue. I would probably play PSVR2 for just 3 experiences, two of which already exist.

• Resident Evil
  • Gran Turismo

• Ace Combat
Honorable mentions for Everybody's Golf, Armored Core, and Alien Isolation.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
You could say the same thing about the PS4 and Switch earlier years (and in the Switch's case, the entire generation), yet it would be stupid to complain about it since being able to enjoy The Last Of Us Remastered at 1080p 60fps or Mario Kart 8 on the go was great back then, just as it is similarly great to revisit Uncharted 4, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding or The Last Of Us Part II at 60fps, with visual improvements ranging from slight to major and in some cases even including additional content.

As I said, there's nothing wrong with remasters. When studios make an awesome game they should be able to "get away" with re-releasing it for the latest hardware in a similar fashion as to how beloved movies from the late 20th century have received home media re-releases in DVD, Blu-Ray and lately 4K Blu-Ray over the years.

Basically, this..

Now sit back and be prepared for the goal post moving.

Another info about PS5pro

Interesting that the Pro is using RDNA 4's data pre-fetcher, for those that don't know its function is to fetch and load data into the GPU's cache and registers right before it is needed - I imagine RDNA 4 has made some improvements in this regard over RDNA 2 and 3 and it maybe one of the reasons the PS5 Pro's memory maybe more "efficient" as per Tom Henderson's leak.

reinking

Gold Member

How are you playing Helldivers 2 and Demon's Souls on PS4? You are also ignoring that list of games are improved on PS5. I am still not sure why people are arguing so hard against the Pro model PS5. They are acting as if it should be a next generation console when it is only there to improve what is already being put out there.

Mobilemofo

Will be interesting to see if the gains justify a potential £600 odd layout for a new console. I'm not arsed about ray tracing.

How are you playing Helldivers 2 and Demon's Souls on PS4? You are also ignoring that list of games are improved on PS5. I am still not sure why people are arguing so hard against the Pro model PS5. They are acting as if it should be a next generation console when it is only there to improve what is already being put out there.
Man the first 3 years of the PS4 was trash compared to the first 3 years of the PS5 and everyone called the PS4 the "Indiestation 4". I would rather have the PS5 first 3 years any day compared to PS4.

Borowski_1

Man the first 3 years of the PS4 was trash compared to the first 3 years of the PS5 and everyone called the PS4 the "Indiestation 4". I would rather have the PS5 first 3 years any day compared to PS4.

2021 vs 2014: PS5 had Returnal and Ratchet, so it wins

2022 vs 2015: PS4 had 3 next gens games: The Order, Until Dawn, and one GOAT, Bloodborne. PS5 had two cross-gen gamesthat were olso on PS4. PS4 wins

2023 vs 2016: Spider-Man 2 on PS5. Uncharted 4, Ratchet and The Last Guardian. Needless to say who wins here

2024 vs 2017: Astro Bot, Helldivers, and will even give you Stellar Blade for free. Horizon, Uncharted TLL and Gravity Rush 2 on PS4.

2025: TBA on PS5. Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Detroit and Spider-Man on PS4. Would be shocked if the PS5 tops that lineup

Perrott

2022 vs 2015: PS4 had 3 next gens games: The Order, Until Dawn, and one GOAT, Bloodborne. PS5 had two cross-gen gamesthat were olso on PS4. PS4 wins

2023 vs 2016: Spider-Man 2 on PS5. Uncharted 4, Ratchet and The Last Guardian. Needless to say who wins here

2024 vs 2017: Astro Bot, Helldivers, and will even give you Stellar Blade for free. Horizon, Uncharted TLL and Gravity Rush 2 on PS4.

2025: TBA on PS5. Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Detroit and Spider-Man on PS4. Would be shocked if the PS5 tops that lineup
In 2022, PS5 had new God of War, Horizon and Gran Turismo games on top of the remake of The Last Of Us, basically four major releases in some of the biggest PlayStation franchises... yet the year that had The Order wins? No fucking chance.

I personally love those three 2015 games, but being objective, I bet Sony would've sacrificed them all (yes, Bloodborne included) back then if it just meant that they would have had new Uncharted, God of War and Gran Turismo games as well as a The Getaway remake out that year.

Last edited:

nial

The only thing exciting for this year and the next, as far as exclusives goes, is Astro Bot, which speaks volumes
Good, sounds like you don't like Sony anymore, which is fine, but don't go around and complain about "no games" in every single thread, when plenty of people have enjoyed Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade.
kdynK5c.jpeg

I know it's a common mistake to think that the Nioh games are first-party, but SIE was only involved in publishing them in the West.

nial

I personally love those three 2015 games, but being objective, I bet Sony would've sacrificed them all (yes, Bloodborne included) back then if it just meant that they would have had new Uncharted, God of War and Gran Turismo games
You mean Horizon (which would have been a new IP back then), Uncharted did also have a collection in 2015.
But yes, their 2022 output, while not my favorite, was quite impressive; I mean, you didn't have a new Gran Turismo game this early into the generation since the PS2 days!

vivftp

You mean Horizon (which would have been a new IP back then), Uncharted did also have a collection in 2015.
But yes, their 2022 output, while not my favorite, was quite impressive; I mean, you didn't have a new Gran Turismo game this early into the generation since the PS2 days!

What's impressive is that the 2022 lineup was supposed to be part of the 2021 lineup until pandemic delays occurred. 2020 was an utterly batshit insane year for PlayStation and 2021 was supposed to be nearly as crazy before shit hit the fan.

Imagine if in 2021 we had Returnal, GT7, Horizon FW, GoW Ragnarok, R&C Rift Apart, Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut, Death Stranding Directors Cut and who knows what else might've made it in there.

I'd really love to see the alternate universe without the pandemic to see what 2021, 2023, 2023 and 2024 were meant to look like with releases. I think it's a contributing factor to why the second half of the gen is going to be so dense with releases, because it's going to include a bunch of games that should've originally released in 2023 and 2024.

Three

I didn’t know you could play Rift Apart, Helldivers 2, Returnal, Spiderman 2, Stellar Blade, Demons Souls, Rise of the Ronin and Astrobot Playroom on a PS4

/s

It clearly has "these kind of games" even if you were to exclude the crossgen releases since PS5.
Weird thing is nobody does this stuff for the countless popular Wii U ports on Switch or the PC games that could be played on ancient machines from a decade ago when they buy an expensive graphics card.

Last edited:

Borowski_1

In 2022, PS5 had new God of War, Horizon and Gran Turismo games on top of the remake of The Last Of Us, basically four major releases in some of the biggest PlayStation franchises... yet the year that had The Order wins? No fucking chance.

I personally love those three 2015 games, but being objective, I bet Sony would've sacrificed them all (yes, Bloodborne included) back then if it just meant that they would have had new Uncharted, God of War and Gran Turismo games as well as a The Getaway remake out that year.

3 cross gen games that can be played on PS4

Could you play The Order or Bloodborne on PS3? No

When i buy a new console, i want games that take advantage of the new hardware, not cross-gen stuff

Borowski_1

Good, sounds like you don't like Sony anymore, which is fine, but don't go around and complain about "no games" in every single thread, when plenty of people have enjoyed Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade.

I know it's a common mistake to think that the Nioh games are first-party, but SIE was only involved in publishing them in the West.

Can you blame anyone who don't like the anymore, given what they were and what they are now?

Perrott

In know, but I thought it was Sony-adjacent enough for the series to be there, especially with neither of the Nioh games having been ported to any other console platforms in the seven and four years since their respective releases.
No, I actually meant Uncharted (big, established PlayStation IP at the time, same as Horizon is in recent times) as in, well, Uncharted 4 not being delayed to 2016 back then. But you're right, there was The Nathan Drake Collection back in 2015, which in a way that could more or less fill the same slot as the Part I remake in 2022.
3 cross gen games that can be played on PS4

Could you play The Order or Bloodborne on PS3? No
So you're telling me that you'd rather play a mediocrely received game such as The Order over Ragnarök, Forbidden West and Gran Turismo 7? Are you a gamer that cares about good games or just a petty console warrior that only cares about what platforms are listed on Wikipedia?
When i buy a new console, i want games that take advantage of the new hardware, not cross-gen stuff
Oh, and how exactly did Bloodborne took advantage of the PS4 other than rendering at 1080p? Which honestly was the bare minimum for a 30fps PS4 game. In fact, having played Bloodborne for over 800 hours, I can confidently say that there's really nothing "next-gen" about it, and on top of that it runs like absolute shit. The only reason as to why the game is pleasing to look at is not due to FromSoftware's (inexistent) technical prowess, but due to their superb art design chops.

That rationale is so flawed, especially when within this console generation we have cross-gen games such as God of War: Ragnarök blowing PS5 only (which according to you would instantaneously mean "next-gen") games such as Stellar Blade out of the water graphically speaking.

And by the way, I want to remind you that Ragnarök, Forbidden West and GT7 all do provide improved visual fidelity and image quality, ultra-fast loading, DualSense features and, most importantly, 60fps modes in the case of Ragnarök and Forbidden West versus the 30fps of their PS4 counterparts. If none of that is worthy of a next-gen jump to you, not even the doubled performance across all these already visually striking games, then I don't know what to tell you, other than that you're out of your mind and have always been throughout the entirety of this discussion.

Last edited:

nial

But you're right, there was The Nathan Drake Collection back in 2015, which in a way that could more or less fill the same slot as the Part I remake in 2022.
I personally see The Last of Us Part I as the Tearaway Unfolded of the PS5 generation :lol

Borowski_1

In know, but I thought it was Sony-adjacent enough for the series to be there, especially with neither of the Nioh games having been ported to any other console platforms in the seven and four years since their respective releases.

No, I actually meant Uncharted (big, established PlayStation IP at the time, same as Horizon is in recent times) as in, well, Uncharted 4 not being delayed to 2016 back then. But you're right, there was The Nathan Drake Collection back in 2015, which in a way that could more or less fill the same slot as the Part I remake in 2022.

So you're telling me that you'd rather play a mediocrely received game such as The Order over Ragnarök, Forbidden West and Gran Turismo 7? Are you a gamer that cares about good games or just a petty console warrior that only cares about what platforms are listed on Wikipedia?

Oh, and how exactly did Bloodborne took advantage of the PS4 other than rendering at 1080p? Which honestly was the bare minimum for a 30fps PS4 game. In fact, having played Bloodborne for over 800 hours, I can confidently say that there's really nothing "next-gen" about it, and on top of that it runs like absolute shit. The only reason as to why the game is pleasing to look at is not due to FromSoftware's (inexistent) technical prowess, but due to their superb art design chops.

That rationale is so flawed, especially when within this console generation we have cross-gen games such as God of War: Ragnarök blowing PS5 only (which according to you would instantaneously mean "next-gen") games such as Stellar Blade out of the water graphically speaking.

And by the way, I want to remind you that Ragnarök, Forbidden West and GT7 all do provide improved visual fidelity and image quality, ultra-fast loading, DualSense features and, most importantly, 60fps modes in the case of Ragnarök and Forbidden West versus the 30fps of their PS4 counterparts. If none of that is worthy of a next-gen jump to you, not even the doubled performance across all these already visually striking games, then I don't know what to tell you, other than that you're out of your mind and have always been throughout the entirety of this discussion.

I'd rather play something that really takes advantage of the new hardware and that wasn't possible on the previous gen. Ragnarok and FW are PS4 games on PS5

Returnal, Ratchet and Spider-Man 2 are such games. I want more like these

ABnormal

To be fair a lot of games out on the PSVR2 look like shovelware imo, which is one of many reasons I returned mine.
As it is in gaming in general and especially on VR, PCVR included. Plus, since VR installed base is very low, especting many games and big budgets means living outide reality.

The quality of hardware is there. Good games on it are relatively few, but anyone who knows the state of industry will never buy VR to have tons of games, but to play even few ones that give an experience impossible anywhere else.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Ok I know this 'is bait' but what exactly are the filters on this list?
So far I'm getting - Sony Published/developed, no other platform(s) (including PS platforms), budget must be >X ? (we can derive X later). That's a lot of qualifiers already - but just making sure we're not missing more?

I'll be 'that' guy here and point out that only one of those 3 actually looked like a PS4 game (Besides, Until Dawn was a PS3 game - and a waggle one at that - until 2013). So plenty of cross-gens look favourable in comparison.

Last edited:

Ronin_7

People are really on here talking about how PS5 has no games...

Seems like I hear this same shit every single generation.
Low IQ is rampant in society, college admissions are probably at all times lows or will be, and low grades from basic to High School are at all time high.

90% these days can't pass 8th grade math, with the wide spread of the internet & phones, these retarded takes will be more common.

We went to Cyprus at the beginning of July, had a beautiful Villa and it had a PS4 slim in there, I haven't used my PS4 since the PS5's release and by god, it's so slow, I downloaded FC 24 to play some games when i was having a break from the sun, even navigating the menus on that were a chore next to the PS5, you would absolutely not want to play anything on PS4 after having a PS5.

Games being cross platform means nothing, PS4 is more than adequate, games are made for PC and Console, most PC's are about as powerful as a PS4 if you look at the Steam hardware surveys, they will always cater for the lowest common denominator, otherwise they don't get enough sales to cover the cost of development and marketing.

I've also got a PC with a 12900KF and a 4090, beyond pushing higher fps, shinier graphics and more effects it's the same as playing on my ROG Ally, a PS4 or a PS5, what do you people expect from a new console? what do you expect of a PS5 Exclusive? it's not going to be vastly different to anything you've ever played before, it will just load quicker and have better graphics which is going to be harder and harder to distinguish as we move forward because the bar is so high anyway.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Strongly disagree here, 600$ in 2024 is actually very reasonable price, 1994's 300$(playstation price, was literal mic drop) is worth 631$ coz of inflation so its definitely in the realm of even casual gamer as long as specs are solid/hype for the mashine is there.
not the same thing, we don't get paid double of what we did back then

I think it just underscores how long this generation will be - or should be anyway. If Sony and/or MS really releases a new console gen before 2030, they are gonna be in for a bad time.

Last edited:

Poordevil

I'm ready for this 5Pro! Sitting here now with a 4Pro. It has been a great console too. I upgraded from the PS4 because I had upgraded my gaming TV from the Sony XBR910 CRT to a modern Sony X900E HDR 4K.
I have never seen my X900E display at true 4K 60hz, or at 120hz in any resolution. So I am looking to see this TV maxed out. I'm thinking the 5Pro will do it!

I'm ready for this 5Pro! Sitting here now with a 4Pro. It has been a great console too. I upgraded from the PS4 because I had upgraded my gaming TV from the Sony XBR910 CRT to a modern Sony X900E HDR 4K.
I have never seen my X900E display at true 4K 60hz, or at 120hz in any resolution. So I am looking to see this TV maxed out. I'm thinking the 5Pro will do it!
What do you mean by true 4K60? If we're talking about games running at native 4K60 res then your 4Pro already does that. Go search for games that run at native 4K60 on the 4Pro if you wanna see what your TV is capable of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom