• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith |OT| While My Guitar Gently Weeps

oh wait aminute is that the part where it says "play some noise!"

It kind of annoys me to have to do this to start a mini-game. I guess it's better than having to pick up the remote and press a button though....

The tuner version of "Make some noise" I swear doesn't work right. I always have to skip it if I ever use that tuner, which I don't

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Epiphones launched there new ES-339 PRO and Ultra-339
The Ultra-339 has all the new hardware features of the Les Paul Ultra III but in the semihollow body of the 339

N_120111C1.jpg

Pretty cool

"Make some noise!" "Louder!" "Keep it up!" "Louder!" "Make some noise!"

Yes, the sound check. I can get it to about 90% of the volume box, then it just goes down. I've tried as loud as I can, fast, slow, rhythmic, etc.

I may just go buy an electric so I can play... Seems kind of lame.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
"Make some noise!" "Louder!" "Keep it up!" "Louder!" "Make some noise!"

Yes, the sound check. I can get it to about 90% of the volume box, then it just goes down. I've tried as loud as I can, fast, slow, rhythmic, etc.

I may just go buy an electric so I can play... Seems kind of lame.

just do a steady strum i had the same thing as it climbed i was trying to strum faster and it got worse till i just did a brisk full movement up and down open strum

edit: and i wouldn't buy an electric to get past that..get one from school/or a friend to just bring one by for a few min..you never have to deal with that once you get past it.
heck rent a guitar for an hour .

just do a steady strum i had the same thing as it climbed i was trying to strum faster and it got worse till i just did a brisk full movement up and down open strum

edit: and i wouldn't buy an electric to get past that..get one from school/or a friend to just bring one by for a few min..you never have to deal with that once you get past it.
heck rent a guitar for an hour .

Hey, thanks. Got it to work just by being steady.

Hey guys, So im getting Rocksmith on Friday,imported it from the USA.Now I need an Axe, I don't have that much to spend and I know absolutely nothing about electric guitars besides which one looks the coolest.

I was thinking I post a whole bunch of options here that are in my price range and you guys say ,ya or na.Your feedback would really help, thanks guys.Lets start off with these.

0420bg_19.jpeg
5658mnj_19.jpeg

672347d_19.jpeg

0588b87_19.jpeg
84061d8_19.jpeg

So what you guys think, they are all within my price range.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
absolutely do not get one with a whammy bar for your first guitar. you'll have lots of problems keeping it in tune.
other then that are any of the others from a dealer that will do a proper setup included in the price? if so I'd get that one since all cheaper guitars usually really really need a proper setup.

NEO0MJ

It would be best to avoid guitars that look cool, especially if they're cheap.
I say go for the one on the bottom right (this one). Ibanez (I think it's that) are usually good stuff.

It would be best to avoid guitars that look cool, especially if they're cheap.
I say go for the one on the bottom right (this one). Ibanez (I think it's that) are usually good stuff.

absolutely do not get one with a whammy bar for your first guitar. you'll have lots of problems keeping it in tune.
other then that are any of the others from a dealer that will do a proper setup included in the price? if so I'd get that one since all cheaper guitars usually really really need a proper setup.

Thanks guys, so that is a no to buying second hand? I should buy it from a store that can set it up and all that?

Buying second hand is perfectly fine, if you've got a friend who knows his stuff around guitars to bring with you. If not i wouldnt take the gamble.

Schlomo

I find it super annoying that the technique challenges always load the instruction video, on every single retry, which you then have to skip, resulting in another load screen. I'm not even complaining about the check if you're still in tune (although that is so lenient that I never have to retune, making it pretty pointless).

I mean, aren't you supposed to do the challenges over and over? It's not even possible to get gold on your first try, as there simply won't be enough notes. As if the loading times in this game aren't long enough already... I started to pause and restart the challenges shortly before they finish. That way you can't see your score increasing, but it's still better than having to go through all that loading, tuning, skipping and loading again.

abq

Why must the UI be so frustrating? If you play a song and then want to practice it in riff repeater, you have to go through way too many save and loading screens.

jgkspsx

Why must the UI be so frustrating? If you play a song and then want to practice it in riff repeater, you have to go through way too many save and loading screens.
At this point, now that the "new toy" feeling has worn off, I'm getting very frustrated with it. It's a wonderful core of a game buried underneath a ton of sludge. Most of the interface isn't even that bad, but the load times take me back to PS1 days, and when you just want to try a song again, it's madly irritating.

Fusebox

Banned
At this point, now that the "new toy" feeling has worn off, I'm getting very frustrated with it. It's a wonderful core of a game buried underneath a ton of sludge. Most of the interface isn't even that bad, but the load times take me back to PS1 days, and when you just want to try a song again, it's madly irritating.

So true, the menu system and lack of restart options suck.

Maddog

Hopefully they fix at least some of the stupid navigation designs in this patch. Also maybe give us the option to turn tuning off. I know why they have it but still stupid to have to do it so much.

Fixed1979

Hopefully they fix at least some of the stupid navigation designs in this patch. Also maybe give us the option to turn tuning off. I know why they have it but still stupid to have to do it so much.

If they at least made it accurate it wouldn't be so bad, but it's so out of whack it's silly.

I don't think they can get rid of the tuning before every song. Maybe they can let you skip it with a button press but I doubt it personally.

jgkspsx

If they at least made it accurate it wouldn't be so bad, but it's so out of whack it's silly.
Right. It only says I'm out of tune when it's a whole step off. But then the game fails me on things because the string is out of tune :(

I can tune by ear, but still.

KiKaL

What's your reasoning for the Xbox version being better?

Also is it really that much better using hdmi+analog vs just hdmi?

Just a Deep Purple song. From what I've read across the net the 360 version is more stable but, the PS3 version looks better. Given that graphics don't really matter in this game I would lean towards the 360 version if I had a choice.

With that being said, I have the PS3 version and the only issue I have had is the crash to XMB for a 7 song set list. I was able to work around it by removing a song from each set list. Other than that, no problems to report on this front.

KiKaL

Looks like xbox version it is. On the downside I have a PS3 copy coming as a gift for Christmas...on the bright side, I can just buy the xbox version now and return the PS3 copy later.

Zeliard

What's your reasoning for the Xbox version being better?

Also is it really that much better using hdmi+analog vs just hdmi?

It's far more responsive as far as input lag, and it's also something you should probably be doing regardless. Whatever sound system you've got is likely to be better than television speakers.

jgkspsx

Could've sworn someone said you could but now I'm not 100% sure
Guess I could always try it

Bless your heart, you can! You can!

Well, that should help a great deal with load times...

EDIT: It's not a huge improvement, but it is noticeably less frustrating.

I PURCHASED MY AXE TODAY!

V6MRSSB.jpg

Features

Body: Eastern Poplar
Neck: Hard Maple – Bolt On
Fingerboard: Rosewood, V6MRBK Maple
Scale: 25.5"/648mm
Frets: 22
Neck Inlays: Pearloid Dot
Tuners: Wilkinson® WJ55 E-Z-LOK™
Vibrato: Wilkinson® WVC
Pickups: Wilkinson® Single Coil x 3 (N)WVS (M)WVS (B)WVS
Hardware: Chrome
Controls: 1 x Volume/ 2 x Tone/ 5-Way Lever

Well Gaf, did I do well? for entry level?Its got that whole worn rustic look like its been played for 20 years every day for 3 hours.

Seanspeed

Banned
I PURCHASED MY AXE TODAY!

V6MRSSB.jpg

Features

Body: Eastern Poplar
Neck: Hard Maple – Bolt On
Fingerboard: Rosewood, V6MRBK Maple
Scale: 25.5"/648mm
Frets: 22
Neck Inlays: Pearloid Dot
Tuners: Wilkinson® WJ55 E-Z-LOK™
Vibrato: Wilkinson® WVC
Pickups: Wilkinson® Single Coil x 3 (N)WVS (M)WVS (B)WVS
Hardware: Chrome
Controls: 1 x Volume/ 2 x Tone/ 5-Way Lever

Well Gaf, did I do well? for entry level?Its got that whole worn rustic look like its been played for 20 years every day for 3 hours.

What brand is that? Cant really see.

EDIT: Looked up Wilkinson guitar parts. Is that a 'Vintage Icon' or 'Vintage Signature' guitar? I've never heard of them, but again, if thats what it is, it looks a step above a normal entry level guitar so pretty good.

What brand is that? Cant really see.

EDIT: Looked up Wilkinson guitar parts. Is that a 'Vintage Icon' or 'Vintage Signature' guitar? I've never heard of them, but again, if thats what it is, it looks a step above a normal entry level guitar so pretty good.

Sounds like your happy, so Ya you did great! Have fun and Grats! :)

Congrats on the Axe. While not a big fan of batle damaged looks(I just can't stand a non clean look) it still looks pretty cool.
Also, you might want to replace the strings. Go for these, will make it much, much easier to play.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/D-Addar...Electric-Guitar-Strings-101205680-i1122074.gc

Its a vintage Icon V6, thanks NEO0MJ for the string recommendation.I am gonna have blisters all over my fingers in no time, I will let you guys know how it plays as soon as my amp and copy of rocksmith arrive.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
So the PC version was moved to May? Why? You can't even pirate this one Ubi!

Sounds like small team not having time..as well as issues of not sure how to sell game on pc digitally if you still need a cable from retail.
As well as UBi's bailout on pc gaming platform attitude ..I'm not all that confident PC will ever be released.

I have read a some feedback from Nongamers going.."UBI I have a Mac/PC i want your product..i don't want to buy a console to get it tho"..so if that voice is heard it could be encouraging. Still needs to be on Steam or some service for the song DLC (preferably Steam)

Top Bottom