• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

man this would be so much better with the older mask

qTEvzbb.jpg

Hell ya. He should totally bring that back

He should really switch to a mask without that stupid-ass wig, and which covers up more of his face, and doesn't look like cheap shit.

Also, he should grow stubble.

281af2dae4a85f7fcaac82fc2c9329a5.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Facts:

1. Kane is the biggest heel in the WWE.
2. Kane is the biggest face in the WWE.
3. Jolly Kane is second behind the new day as most entertaining character on the show.

Why is Wyatt/Roman main eventing?

Are we seeing something big like an ambrose heel turn?

Or is Roman getting back on track to the main event?

I don't understand the children show thing because how is that true? Was the attitude era a children's how. Being PG does not make a show for Children and when the average age of a Raw viewer is is in there 30's to 40's.

edit: In Nov 2014 the average Raw viewer was in the 40's. Plus The viewership for three shows is less than 19% under the age of 17. 22% of the viewership is between 18 and 34, and 22% between 35 and 49. 37% is over the age of 50.

Well there's a spectrum that goes on. John Cena and Bayley types are for the 5-12 year olds, Brock Lesnar and whathaveyous are maybe for the teenagers, but the idea is this is stuff designed to appeal to people who aren't fully developed and I think that holds true for the attitude era and the gif of some guy jerking off a wooden stick someone posted

You can't really say 'the attitude era wasn't for kids!!!' when every 12 year old boy in school was watching it precisely FOR the hell in a cell matches and the softcore bikini bullshit. they knew what they were doing. i mean i liked the blood back then way more than i do now, because it seemed just a little over the line and exciting, where now it's just gross to look at.

it gets its hooks in you as an adolescent and then you stick with it, for life in some cases. so when you've got 40 year old guys watching raw, how many of them started at age 37 never having watched wwe before? just channel surfing 'wow this feed me more guy is pretty compelling'. nah.

but yeah that wasn't really my main point - i only stressed it because when there's stuff going on in wwe i'm not interested in (which is 80% of it) i just think why would i be? it isn't really FOR me anymore. so i just pay it no mind and see if there's anything interesting or fun going on. and sometimes there isn't so i just skip everything!

so you can do that or if it's really grating at you, you can just move on. there's more to life than the disappointment that you don't like your childhood stuff as much as you used to.

i think just listening to 30 mins of that powerbombcast i thought, i will stop watching wrestling before i whine about how bad it is, because these are the most depressing guys in the world right now.

UberTag

Shame the Bills can't get Orton on their roster. He could RKO people on the field. Would make for a ratings draw for the NFL.

Top Bottom