• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Then shouldn't I bring it up to seduce him into giving Painwheel good assists? ;-D
lolnope

tumblr_m7afql9j391qkw7tro1_250_zpse15e04e2.gif

You want Azumanga Daioh (excellent show btw) for that, but he probably won't fall for those tricks.

Dachande

Hey, are Lab Zero or anyone else going to stream the pools on their own channel? Anyone? :(

edit: yay, Marvellous to the rescue! Looking forward to dis.

Gosh between grandma dying, jobs meeting and interview of Harada, I finally found time to download the beta and play Squiggly.

SHE ROCKS SO MUCH. <3 <3

She felt very, very natural. Very long jumps with dive kick is fun, her crouch MK has soooo much range I poke people as if I was playing super turbo with Ryu. :D I didn't play a lot with stance moves for the moment and just tried to use her normals and basic combos. I need more training... I NEED MORE POWER.

Squigly is indeed awesome.

I discovered you can link st.HK off of a low to the ground medium dive kick, which was pretty neat. Gives her just that little bit more damage, I think.

Hoo, boy. I am going to EVO in a few hours, and I am going to get me in some Skullgirls play. I haven't really played online much ever since the game's release, so I'll probably lose horribly to the lot of you good folks, but that's okay, I'm still signing up to this tournament anyway. I hope to meet a lot of you SkullGAFers there, as well as the fine folks at LabZero again; I met some of you when Skullgirls was at EVO 2011, but haven't got the chance to attend a Skullgirls tournament like that until now.

Whatever happens, I look forward to the outcome. Until later~!

There is already a lot of very good players on the beta. The Golden Painwheel, Hobo With A Shotgun are very good, Altimar (something like that) are very good players with a lot of characters.

Golden Painwheel raped me with Filia resets everywhere and since the game updated to the last version I could not find the throw super of Squiggly anymore. :'D His painwheel is very good too even if it's more difficult for her as Squiggly j.HP is a great tool for keepaway.

Now I go back to work. I want to play more. :'(

Mr. X

EVA sucks

~~

EightySixed will be streaming pools tomorrow.

http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed

Also, they will have exclusive shirts for EVO weekend online and at the event.

From MegamanDS of EightSixed
Also, I don't know if I should post this news here or make its own Evo thread but this year, we are the official Evo shirt provider for Skullgirls! We have 2 designs ready to go. One will be at Evo at the Skullgirls table and ONLY 200 will be made total. The second will be online exclusive on our site and will only be available to purchase from Friday-Sunday. If you are at Evo and don't have internet to purchase, do not fear, we will be taking orders at the Skullgirls table. Thank you to Alex and his team for 2 unique Evo exclusive designs. And since it was drawn by them, you won't find leaks or the design posted anywhere here early Prices will remain the same at $20. Obviously if you are at Evo, no shipping charges.

Pools and Stream Links
My terrible predictions:
Pool 1 - No clue
Pool 2 - WingZero
Pool 3 - Dios X
Pool 4 - severin
Pool 5 - Duckator
Pool 6 - McPeanuts
Pool 7 - guitalex
Pool 8 - keninblack
Pool 9 - Mike Z
Pool 10 - Dime_x
Pool 11 - No clue
Pool 12 - Pizzarino
Pool 13 - Zidiane
Pool 14 - Winnie
Pool 15 - Nekro_Surge
Pool 16 - Jason D.
Something Skullgirls related is supposed to happen on Aug. 22, but I didn't catch all of what was mentioned

edit: EVO shirts are up

http://www.eightysixedclothing.com/skullgirls-evo-2013/
http://www.eightysixedclothing.com/skullgirls-poker-chips/
The second one is good, but it is overshadowed by the first. Something about the more rounded faces mixed with the extra attitude just kicks so much ass. Also, this is the most we've seen of Robo Fortune iirc.

So, um. Is Valentine supposed to be very character specific in regards to her combos, or is her combo thread just really unclear?

She was the only character in the game I'd never touched, so I boot her up, tried some basic stuff and she seems to really suffer from inconsistency due to weight. And there's not really anything attracting me to playing the character. :\

Shouldn't Squiggly be in there? Or does the PC version not get her? I have some groundless notion that she will be released when the PC version comes out.

Shouldn't Squiggly be in there? Or does the PC version not get her? I have some groundless notion that she will be released when the PC version comes out.

It's old art, so she's not there I guess. She'll indeed be in the game, alongside the other DLC characters when they're completed.

Ravidrath

She'll be available when the PC release hits, we just didn't have time to update the art.

We're running behind on her stage and story mode, so there's a good chance that she'll be a playable character only when the PC version launches. And then her stages and story mode will be released on PC when they hit console.

She'll be available when the PC release hits, we just didn't have time to update the art.

We're running behind on her stage and story mode, so there's a good chance that she'll be a playable character only when the PC version launches. And then her stages and story mode will be released on PC when they hit console.

But she already has a story mode.

2413937-2169924-kappa.png

You can spin the delay as a positive, though, because it means there's something PC players can anticipate after launch which isn't 6' 10" and wearing a trilby.

EDIT: Oh, one other thing: I managed to manipulate the current save file so that all the stages were unlocked, as I'm lazy. Will save data be modified before release to prevent people just unlocking everything from the get-go?

I met MasterMilk and SolarKnight!

How exciting!

Went 1-1 in the tourney. Got DQ'ed watching Tekken finals. I was even holding my phone in my hand so I could notice a text easily, but still missed it by a minute or two. If the DQ time had been 5 minutes instead of 3 I'd still be in. >_>

Oh well, didn't go 0-2 so I'm happy.

I'll probably be the only guy in a judge shirt by the SG station, or Ravid can point me out to you, solar

Top Bottom