• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

remz

Amazing. Definitely trying these when I get home tonight or at least some variation of it. I just have to get used to charging again... ahahah
http://youtu.be/ORyPTyke_Go

Finally got around to recording it. 8.4k dmg, works anywhere on screen.
Sick combo. Your Ms. Fortune stuff is everything I want mine to be and more, thanks for notating the whole thing too, big help there.

Also if they "fix" Hornet Bomber assist but don't do anything about Napalm Pillar assist then lol.

Nowhere near as powerful as Hornet Bomber, as Q said Pillar doesn't go full screen and is a lot easier to punish.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Heres some frames for ya :D, Painwheels c.MK

painwheel_cmk_normal.gif

And a slower version, so you can look at the thing

painwheel_cmk_slow.gif

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Speaking of this, what was the deal with Reverge cutting down on WIP Skullgirls pics on tumblr yesterday?

People were posting them without the proper guidelines (image size, use of logo, adding the copyright). No biggie

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Also if they "fix" Hornet Bomber assist but don't do anything about Napalm Pillar assist then lol.

Not to mention there's a dead zone over/within napalm pillar that smaller character can hide in, and hit Parasoul on the way down.

shaowebb

99% of online is Peacocks. ughhhhhhh
I have no complaints lolol

Q is the 1%.

To be fair though I play Peacock because of 2 things. One reason is she had Cable's 4 shot and that immediately meant I was going to play her as soon as I heard it announced in a conference room QA waaaaaaaaaay back in development when she was first announced. The other reason is her character design is themed off of old cartoon characters and is a giant tribute to animation in general. I'm an animator so she owned my soul at reveal for being designed as a tribute to Steamboat Mickey era stuff.

I just happened to hit the lotto with her having the homing overhead, the slow moving ground bomb, the teleport, and the plane. All that was just icing on the cake to me.

Peacock 4 life for having a cool design and my favorite MVC2 move.

d0c_zaius

Peacock is awesome. I dont care if she becomes wesker status, Ill never drop her. Its Zappas ghosts plus dropping elephants!

Trying to go with Painwheel as a partner. Her style is growing on me.

shaowebb

Peacock is awesome. I dont care if she becomes wesker status, Ill never drop her. Its Zappas ghosts plus dropping elephants!

Trying to go with Painwheel as a partner. Her style is growing on me.

Are you using the finger projectiles that eat up space with Painwheel as the assist for Peacock?

Tizoc

Personally, I really love the fact that I don't HAVE to play certain characters to get the assist I want, due to these custom assist. I really liked Captain Commando in MvC2, and the closet I could get to CapCorridor in MvC3 was with Dante, a character I have no desire to play.
I find that to be silly no offense; why force yourself to use a character you don't like just for that specific utilization?

SupaNaab

I find that to be silly no offense; why force yourself to use a character you don't like just for that specific utilization?

1. Competitive Advantage
2. Maximizing the potential of your favourite character.

I was in a similar situation as a Viper player, I would argue that Dante is her best assist. He was popular though so I had no interest in exploring that character. Only specific characters (like Ammy) were effective for certain setups like unblockables. Depending on who you played, you would struggle to be competitive by picking just your favourites. Custom Assists allow players who pick their favourite characters to still have a competitive chance despite perhaps not being the most optimal assist.

Tizoc

1. Competitive Advantage
2. Maximizing the potential of your favourite character.
Fair points, but I still think one should pick the characters they like (in UMvC3) and test out how to make them all work together, which is much beneficial than strengthennig 1 or 2 characters of the team.
If you're gonna use a character who you don't like then at least put in the effort to use, learn and utilize that character effectively, and if you end up liking the character's style, then that's a bonus.
Not trying to be offensive or insulting to you, SAB CA~

I was in a similar situation as a Viper player, I would argue that Dante is her best assist. He was popular though so I had no interest in exploring that character. Only specific characters (like Ammy) were effective for certain setups like unblockables. Depending on who you played, you would struggle to be competitive by picking just your favourites. Custom Assists allow players who pick their favourite characters to still have a competitive chance despite perhaps not being the most optimal assist.
Gotcha, that's one thing that would be interesting if UMvC3 updates to allow for custom assists.
However, UMvC3 seems quite balanced in it's own way, at least that's what it looks like to me ^_^;
...but I'm a Tager player...among other FG low-tier characters player, so struggling's become a normal thing for me ;D

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

I didn't, lol, and this is why I don't play MvC much anymore. Stuff I'd like to use was on characters I didn't like. Many (no, not all) characters I DID like were often times made horribly, or nerfed to being unfun.

It's great to have games where the characters you wanna play aren't "Just good for assist", or "predominantly play well only play well 1 way".

Custom assist and well-rounded characters are such fantastic compliments to a game of this style. As much as people complaion about the number of characters in fighters, I prefer quality over quantity any day...

Fair points, but I still think one should pick the characters they like (in UMvC3) and test out how to make them all work together, which is much beneficial than strengthennig 1 or 2 characters of the team.
If you're gonna use a character who you don't like then at least put in the effort to use, learn and utilize that character effectively, and if you end up liking the character's style, then that's a bonus.
Not trying to be offensive or insulting to you, SAB CA~

Yeah, I agree. Like I mentioned in the rest of my previous post, I like getting to play all my characters as "mains", rather than the Mahvell "2 assist for specials, 1 main" stuff.

Like you'd guess, even the rare times I DID try to learn a character I didn't naturally like, in order to give who I did like that o-so-cherished assist, that bonus character never stuck long. I missed the ones I WANTED to play, and playing them just rubbed how poorly-concieved some of them where, under UMvC3's systems, or how limited they felt...

Tizoc

I didn't, lol, and this is why I don't play MvC much anymore. Stuff I'd like to use was on characters I didn't like. Many (no, not all) characters I DID like were often times made horribly, or nerfed to being unfun.

It's great to have games where the characters you wanna play aren't "Just good for assist", or "predominantly play well only play well 1 way".

Custom assist and well-rounded characters are such fantastic compliments to a game of this style. As much as people complaion about the number of characters in fighters, I prefer quality over quantity any day...

Yeah, I agree. Like I mentioned in the rest of my previous post, I like getting to play all my characters as "mains", rather than the Mahvell "2 assist for specials, 1 main" stuff.

Like you'd guess, even the rare times I DID try to learn a character I didn't naturally like, in order to give who I did like that o-so-cherished assist, that bonus character never stuck long. I missed the ones I WANTED to play, and playing them just rubbed how poorly-concieved some of them where, under UMvC3's systems, or how limited they felt...

I personally like how the characters play in UMvC3 for the most part, and already have some that I have fun using in the game (but hey I'm a scrubby Sent play in 3 so...=V).
Sad to see you couldn't find characters u like in U3 though.
Can I still a bro hug?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
If you're holding mp or hp while doing peacock's teleport, a bomb just appears from underneath the other person? lol.

Ravidrath

Your website is running at a glacial pace, so I'll ask:
Can I buy a scribblecat t-shirt?

We're still in the process of transitioning to a new server... really did not expect that post to slow it down so, though.

And I do want to update the site with more art. Scribblecat is a good one. I also want Alex to make a Science Shark shirt.

Steaks

We're still in the process of transitioning to a new server... really did not expect that post to slow it down so, though.

And I do want to update the site with more art. Scribblecat is a good one. I also want Alex to make a Science Shark shirt.

I will pay money for a scribblecat t-shirt. You want more of my money, right? Good.

Dachande

Filia's air options are so sick. I was getting beaten down in the air by my friends Valentine using jHK, but Filia's jHP beats it soundly if timed right and pushes them away so far, right into the corner, where I need them...

I wish there was an easy way to record and upload videos in-game, but I guess other things need to come first.

Top Bottom