• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

LiK

I actually didn't find her video game referencing all that interesting. She could have been anything other than the Ultimate Gamer and I would have still liked her. I can get how someone might think she's boring, but I just found her calming presence sweet and comforting. She was like Kirigiri, but without the edge.

Her reveal and circumstances surrounding her judgment/execution hit me harder than any of the others.

Yup, the fact that she doesn't exist IRL makes me sad. But she can be remade at least. It just won't be the same Chiaki. Altho who knows, maybe there's a backup somewhere. DR3 revelation!

sub_o

Danganronpa has some really sexy, voluptuous, and overly attractive female characters:

Here's some of the examples:

2014-09-06-15123433uwv.jpg

2014-09-06-1558087sup8.jpg

2014-09-06-152950wzukc.jpg

2014-09-07-195503lguop.jpg

Oh Usami and Gorimi, I'm gonna think of you two tonight while I sleep half naked.

sub_o

The only reason I hated Nagito in chapter 5 is because he took away the closest thing I had to a waifu in the game. And also Chiaki too!

You should try Usami and Gorimi, both of them are really good candidates for waifu, or shoufu, if that's your preference.

LiK

I love that none of the guys were that interested in Akane. I guess her boobs weren't that enticing. Most of the guys were into Sonia instead.

kewlmyc

I love that none of the guys were that interested in Akane. I guess her boobs weren't that enticing. Most of the guys were into Sonia instead.

Probably way too violent for most people. She's also dumb as bricks and doesn't really think before she acts.

Also Teruteru and Soda were the only one's really going out of their way to flirt with anyone. The other pairings happened more naturally.

sub_o

She's supposed to be analogue of Asahina, but she doesn't have the charm at all. Asahina just wants donuts.

Also I was waiting that Nagito Komaeda = Makoto Naegi da. Never happened, what a goddamn red herring.

LiK

Probably way too violent for most people. She's also dumb as bricks and doesn't really think before she acts.

Also Teruteru and Soda were the only one's really going out of their way to flirt with anyone. The other pairings happened more naturally.

She's supposed to be analogue of Asahina, but she doesn't have the charm at all. Asahina just wants donuts.

Also I was waiting that Nagito Komaeda = Makoto Naegi da. Never happened, what a goddamn red herring.

Yea, I didn't really like her personality that much until you max out her friendship and learn about her background. She had a hard life.

MSMrRound

I am so happy I can do that now.

and then Another Episode drops in two weeks =O

Apparently his colleagues told Kodaka "it's a Danganronppa game alright" when he showed them the script.

Ahhhh. Maybe they might announce a localization of it during the Sep 17th Sony Conference for the Asian markets...might just hold out for NISA's version though...shall wait and see.

"Could it be, are you trapping us on this island to force us to kill one another?"-One of the first few things Nagito said to Usami. Goddammit. Yup, I fell hook, line and sinker for both Nagito and Byakuya's red herrings.

kewlmyc

Yea, I didn't really like her personality that much until you max out her friendship and learn about her background. She had a hard life.

I really need to start Island Mode soon. I only completed Gundham, Mikan, and Hiyoko's friendship events during the story and it made Gundham and Mikan into better characters in my eyes (Gundham was already a good character to me though). Hiyoko's still super unlikeable though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yup, the fact that she doesn't exist IRL makes me sad. But she can be remade at least. It just won't be the same Chiaki. Altho who knows, maybe there's a backup somewhere. DR3 revelation!

Well, Alter Ego survived DR1. I honestly can't remember how they dealt with that at the end. I thought Monokuma supposedly destroyed Alter Ego's remnants after it saved Makoto.

Rubedo

She was too tough for any of those wimp dudes to handle. Except Nekomaru of course.

LiK

I really need to start Island Mode soon. I only completed Gundham, Mikan, and Hiyoko's friendship events during the story and it made Gundham and Mikan into better characters in my eyes (Gundham was already a good character to me though). Hiyoko's still super unlikeable though.

Yea, Hiyoko didn't redeem herself in my eyes even after I maxed out her friendship.

Well, Alter Ego survived DR1. I honestly can't remember how they dealt with that at the end. I thought Monokuma supposedly destroyed Alter Ego's remnants after it saved Makoto.

Yea, and I think Chiaki's popular so bringing her back isn't a big surprise. So many ways to do it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Did he? Alter Ego probably stored itself in Hope Peak Academy's system when Naegi and Kyouko hooked him up with the network. Something like a back-up, maybe?

I kind of remember it being a big deal because Alter Ego essentially "sacrificed" itself to save Makoto. If it stayed in hiding, then Monokuma wouldn't have realized it was still around in the system.

Yea, and I think Chiaki's popular so bringing her back isn't a big surprise. So many ways to do it.

Yes, and I will forever wait for her return!

Rubedo

Did he? Alter Ego probably stored itself in Hope Peak Academy's system when Naegi and Kyouko hooked him up with the network. Something like a back-up, maybe?

They hooked him up to the network and then Monokuma just destroyed the laptop. That's like destroying the thing a virus originally came from after it's already spread to other people's computers. Meaning, it doesn't really do anything. The program would have already made it's way into the network and destroying the original laptop would not kill it.

I really liked Akane even before I did her Free Time Events because I'm a big fan of scrappy or thuggish characters (which is part of the reason why Mondo was my favourite DR1 character), so the extra sympathy and depth added by her FTEs were just icing on the cake. She was probably my favourite of the survivors and tied with Fuyuhiko for my second-favourite character in the game.

MSMrRound

I kind of remember it being a big deal because Alter Ego essentially "sacrificed" itself to save Makoto.

I took it as Alter Ego infiltrated Monokuma's network and acted as a virus, preventing Naegi's punishment from being carried out. Alter Ego virus form was only shown to the players. Monokuma might not have necessary noticed it as it was involved with carrying out the punishment.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I took it as Alter Ego infiltrated Monokuma's network and acted as a virus, preventing Naegi's punishment from being carried out.

You're right, that's definitely what happened. Alter Ego infiltrated the system and was doing research while in there. But when it prevented Naegi's execution, it alerted Monokuma to its presence, which allowed Monokuma to search and purge Alter Ego. My memory is admittedly foggy on that last part, but I thought that was the message.

Rubedo

I really liked Akane even before I did her Free Time Events because I'm a big fan of scrappy or thuggish characters (which is part of the reason why Mondo was my favourite DR1 character), so the extra sympathy and depth added by her FTEs were just icing on the cake. She was probably my favourite of the survivors and tied with Fuyuhiko for my second-favourite character in the game.

Exact same here. Akane was my favorite of the survivors followed by Fuyuhiko. I liked her before the FTEs just because she reminded me a little of what it'd be like if Aoi and Sakura fused.

After doing her FTEs, she quickly became one of my favorites. Though the 4th one seemed strangely not as related as the previous 3 amd the 5th event.

Exact same here. Akane was my favorite of the survivors followed by Fuyuhiko. I liked her before the FTEs just because she reminded me a little of what it'd be like if Aoi and Sakura fused.

After doing her FTEs, she quickly became one of my favorites. Though the 4th one seemed strangely not as related as the previous 3 amd the 5th event.

Going to the movies with her in Island Mode even implies that her favourite movie is The Raid and that she's a huge Dragon Ball nerd. There's a lot more to her than it would initially appear.

LiK

the best news? Akane and Hina in DR3. Double the boobage!

JNA

Banned
I have to say, the English VA for Junko did an excellent job again. The lines were great but her delivery was even better. XD

LiK

I have to say, the English VA for Junko did an excellent job again. The lines were great but her delivery was even better. XD
looked like she had even more fun with it. It was Incredible. I was just loving every minute of it. I hate not being able to praise it on twitter cuz it would spoil the game haha

MSMrRound

which allowed Monokuma to search and purge Alter Ego. My memory is admittedly foggy on that last part, but I thought that was the message.

Don't really recall them implying so though. Maybe Alter Ego's re-appearance was the spark that gave Junko the idea of living on as Alter-Junko...who knows?

JNA

Banned
looked like she had even more fun with it. It was Incredible. I was just loving every minute of it. I hate not being able to praise it on twitter cuz it would spoil the game haha

Please tell me she has a Neogaf account? XD

What's her name? 0_0

Rubedo

Going to the movies with her in Island Mode even implies that her favourite movie is The Raid and that she's a huge Dragon Ball nerd. There's a lot more to her than it would initially appear.

I was thinking her talking about tails was related to Dragon Ball as well. Not the front tail thing but I mean during Chapter 5 if you talk to her in front of the Hotel she'll talk about something to do with people having tails that make them stronger or something.

I was thinking her talking a out tails was related to Dragon Ball as well. Not the front tail thing but I mean during Chapter 5 if you talk to her in front of the Hotel she'll talk about so ething to do with people having tails that make them stronger or something.

She jokes that grabbing her tail will make her weaker (referring to a plot point from Dragon Ball and early DBZ) and it's pretty obvious that she's intentionally making a reference in-universe.

MSMrRound

Please tell me she has a Neogaf account? XD

What's her name? 0_0

The role (and many faces) of Junko Enoshima is shared between Erin Fitzgerald (Chie in Persona 4 Golden, Sorceress in Dragon's Crown and lots more) and Amanda Celine Miller.

The two of them also shared the character Toko/Genocider Jill from Danganronpa 1.

Pretty sure while they don't have Neogaf accounts, you can follow them on Twitter.

I think that Danganronpa 3 needs to break away from the whole mind wipe and Hope's Peak freshmen deal, because at this point there's really not much else they can get out of that plot point. I think that starting off the game with the full understanding of what's been going on with the rest of the world might make for an interesting scenario, since that also means that the cast knows about the first game (and thus making events play out very differently). It would also be nice to have the cast be primarily Hope's Peak graduates, as that would tie into the theme of people that have left school and experienced the reality of the real world.

In other words, a Danganronpa game that completely overturns the traditional setting and cast of characters on its head.

PK Gaming

Are you usually known for your shit-talking?

It's his gimmick. He presents his own warped interpretation of something as a fact and then uses it to take a potshot at others. He seems to enjoy calling people out and making them feel like shit.

It was in jest. Geez. Maybe you might not have gotten the Persona 4 joke (thought most might have come across it once or twice here on GAF, since the game's pretty popular). Sorry about that.

He knows damn well what Persona 4 and is he knows that you weren't serious. He's feigning ignorance in order to justify slandering you.

Ryuukan, nobody cares if you want to indulge in your laissez-faire wannabee jokester/cool guy persona, but if you intentional go out your way to make others feel like shit, then we have a serious problem. Cut that crap out.

JNA

Banned
I don't think she's on GAF, but I think Junko was played by Erin Fitzgerald.

The role (and many faces) of Junko Enoshima is shared between Erin Fitzgerald (Chie in Persona 4 Golden, Sorceress in Dragon's Crown and lots more) and Amanda Celine Miller.

The two of them also shared the character Toko/Genocider Jill from Danganronpa 1.

Pretty sure while they don't have Neogaf accounts, you can follow them on Twitter.

Ah, cool to hear. It is a shame as said before that I can't praise them on twitter either. :( if only twitter had like a private message system or something.

...wait a minute, Junko voiced by the same woman who voiced Chie!? Did not except that! IMO this is her best role yet.

You're right, that's definitely what happened. Alter Ego infiltrated the system and was doing research while in there. But when it prevented Naegi's execution, it alerted Monokuma to its presence, which allowed Monokuma to search and purge Alter Ego. My memory is admittedly foggy on that last part, but I thought that was the message.

I think Monokuma knew the whole time, that Alter Ego existed but just didn't do anything about it.

Everyone really wasn't exactly being all that secretive about it one bit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think Monokuma knew the whole time, that Alter Ego existed but just didn't do anything about it.

Everyone really wasn't exactly being all that secretive about it one bit.

Hm, at the very least, I don't think that Monokuma knew that AE was uploaded into the network. And AE even mentions that it has to be careful when snooping around in there so that it doesn't get caught. I'm not sure, though. I'm just trying to convince myself that Chiaki might make a return.

JNA

Banned
Ok so today, I'm going to try Island mode.

Can anybody give me a little quick version of what it's about? Is it exactly like DR1's mode (that for some reason I forgot the name of) where we get materials, tools and stuff while we do free time events, or is there a twist here?

Moonlight

Banned

Can anybody give me a little quick version of what it's about? Is it exactly like DR1's mode (that for some reason I forgot the name of) where we get materials, tools and stuff while we do free time events, or is there a twist here?
It's pretty much exactly the same as School Mode, yes. Or rather School Mode was pretty much exactly the same as Island Mode.

Ah, cool to hear. It is a shame as said before that I can't praise them on twitter either. :( if only twitter had like a private message system or something.

...wait a minute, Junko voiced by the same woman who voiced Chie!? Did not except that! IMO this is her best role yet.
Junko's shared between Erin Fitzgerald (P4G/A/TA's Chie) and Amanda Miller. Couldn't get one VA to cover all the personalities she had, haha. Top-notch stuff on both their parts, though.

It's pretty much exactly the same. Don't worry about building Usami's requests the first time around, just work on building Tools and grinding your characters' search level. Also be sure to designate two people as your cleaners so that you don't get screwed over in future runs.

Rubedo

Only partially. Chie's VA only did some of the personalities.

Amanda C. Miller did the rest and the her "main" voice.

Top Bottom