• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Both (memory wiped) casts were subjected to the same kind of Despair and it resulted in similar killings (i'd even argue that the DR2 cast had stronger unity, since they were pretty much forced into killing each other), so one can only imagine what Junko did to the DR2 cast to turn convert them into the Ultimate Despair.

I'm only talking about the non-memory wiped part. It seemed the DR1 cast were confined to the school at a time when Junko was compliant (at least on the surface). We don't know what the DR2 cast was subjected to, but it seems pretty clear they were out in the world seeing some of the craziness firsthand.

Their emotional vulnerabilities aren't exactly riveting stuff. As far as I can see there aren't a lot of rape victims in the cast. Mostly they just suffer from the sort of things that ordinary people do. I could buy arguments for a few of them, but generally it's pretty tame stuff. What was Ibuki's issues, that people didn't like her new style of music? Gundham has social anxiety? That isn't the sort of thing people murder over. If worse shit went down, we aren't given the specifics.

See, this is a reason I find the cast compelling. Just the uncertainty regarding their transformation to Ultimate Despair. You're left to think "what could have happened to these kids to drive them to that point?" and you can just let your imagination run wild. Maybe one of the teams Nekomaru was managing was slaughtered. Maybe Ibuki tried to reconnect with her former bandmates, but they were raped and killed right in front of her eyes while she was only subjected to one of these things. Maybe Mahiru found the body of the mother she respects so much in some sick and twisted position with a photo on top of her smiling severed head that says "say cheese". The point is we don't know, but we're lead to believe it was so damn horrifying that even a relatively nice cast of characters with some mild insecurities (barring a few) were turned into monsters without a shred of humanity.

The only reason we know for sure is Hajime, and his despairification makes sense considering how much his brain was fucked with.

Rubedo

You mean the "Love-Love Level" that you raise from using Trip Tickets? Cause I got everyone's hope fragments on my first attempt and got zero endings.

No. You just need all the hope fragments. That gets you the normal ending. The Love-Love Levels get you that character's personal ending.

The normal ending is just where they all say they're friends and stuff like that and then it ends. The character endings are where they talk about how much they love you and stuff.

LX_Theo

Banned
A lot of people have no reason to lie about anything other than finding it funny or clever. Or, if you want a reason, maybe someone somewhere has some huge twist revelation for DR3 that ties directly into all of these "coincidences" between the two.

I call bullshit and that's fair because a coincidence that large would be ridiculous.
... Wow. No offense, but you seem desperate to turn this into a "lie". They've been pretty upfront with the design intents for him (intentional parallels with Makoto). They're also all plain to see in the game.

What would they gain out of saying its a coincidence? It would only make them look more clever if it wasn't a coincidence. If they wanted to make a lie, they wouldn't need to cover up the parallels. They could just say it was another intentional callback to his inspirations. There's nothing to gain for them by saying it.

I'm guessing you're one of those people who thought of the possibility that Nagito was really Makoto and convinced yourself it must be true. Remember, they're Japanese spellings are not one.

Past

No. You just need all the hope fragments. That gets you the normal ending. The Love-Love Levels get you that character's personal ending.

Yeah, I am talking about the character's endings. Can you still get those endings if you missed an assignment? I got 4 character's Love Love Levels full already, but missed one task.

PK Gaming

I'm only talking about the non-memory wiped part. It seemed the DR1 cast were confined to the school at a time when Junko was compliant (at least on the surface). We don't know what the DR2 cast was subjected to, but it seems pretty clear they were out in the world seeing some of the craziness firsthand.

Yeah I know. Hehe, I guess I didn't make myself clear, I wanted to...

at7azgd0spzmhhupsmrz.jpg

Their emotional vulnerabilities aren't exactly riveting stuff. As far as I can see there aren't a lot of rape victims in the cast. Mostly they just suffer from the sort of things that ordinary people do. I could buy arguments for a few of them, but generally it's pretty tame stuff. What was Ibuki's issues, that people didn't like her new style of music? Gundham has social anxiety? That isn't the sort of thing people murder over. If worse shit went down, we aren't given the specifics.

It's definitely more than "just a few" and most of their problems aren't exactly tame.

• Mikan and Kazuichi suffered from abuse. (The former suffered from heavy bullying too)
  • Mahiru and Fuyuhiko's home life aren't exactly ideal, but she probably fell into Despair due to the trauma they experienced relating to the Twilight Syndrome murders.
  • The Ultimate imposter has intense identity issues. He's extremely happy when Hajime accepts him after finding out he's not the real Byakuya Togami, so it's not a stretch to assume that Junko probably did the same. (She's pretty much a deity in their universe)
  • Teruteru was willing to kill someone (sans memory) for the chance of seeing if he's Mother is okay. Now say, for the sake of argument she died while he attended Hope's Peak. That alone could easily send him over the edge.
  • Akane was raised in an environment where people died left and right. She lived without a roof over head, was straight up molested by her mother's boyfriends, and had to work to support herself and hersiblings. Her situation isn't "tame" at all, and it's a small wonder she keeps it together on a day to day basis (Then again, she was pretty close to killing Nagito)
  • I don't really know what sent Gundam into Despair, but I don't think he suffered from social anxiety. I haven't finished his Free time event, but his childhood was pretty rough, and he ended up isolating himself from others.

Sonia, Nidai and Ibuki i'll give you, because there's nothing concrete (really, anything could have happened). But they simply got lumped in with the rest.

And really dude, I don't think there's any point in using your own values to judge the DR2 cast. This is a series where the apocalypse was started by a teenage girl. Naturally, falling into Despair warps a person to a point where they're unrecognizable.

But they didn't.

Because Junko didn't subject them to Despair over the course of several years. You realize that the DR1 characters were guinea pigs, right? They were kept alive (keep in mind, the ONLY class that survived despairifcation) for the second mutual killing game. It's different from what happened to the DR2 characters. Why? Because the DR2 characters were subjected to that very same killing game, and reacted to it similarly. If the casts was reversed, Ultimate Despair would comprise of the DR1 characters. (Aside from Makoto, Sakura and possibly Kyoko)

EDIT: Assuming they'd survive in the first place. All of the Hope Peak attendants (save the 78th class) died.

Random thought I forgot to share, but for the love of god Spike Chunsoft, DO NOT PUT MONOKUMA DOLLS IN EACH VICTIM'S ROOM IF YOU CAN GO THERE BEFOREHAND.

I cannot even believe that was approved by anyone. Like what the hell. >_<

ZeroX03

Banned
Ok, let me ask you something. Did you think they were terrible people before any of the Despair reveal? Did you think most of them were decent enough people when you were playing through, say, Chapter 3?

tbh I thought they were all pretty bland sans Nagito and Chiaki, and the game made it pretty clear something was up with both of them. Didn't have enough information to judge. Now I do.

DR1 also has the same issue. You start dropping bodies, nobody gets sufficient character development except for a chosen few. Restrictions on FTE also don't help, it's pretty tough to get to know more than a few people.

And really dude, I don't think there's any point in using your own values to judge the DR2 cast. This is a series where the apocalypse was started by a teenage girl. Naturally, falling into Despair warps a person to a point where they're unrecognizable.

If murder isn't against your values, you're also an asshole.

Rubedo

Random thought I forgot to share, but for the love of god Spike Chunsoft, DO NOT PUT MONOKUMA DOLLS IN EACH VICTIM'S ROOM IF YOU CAN GO THERE BEFOREHAND.

I didn't even think about that. In hindsight, it is a pretty bad mistake.

tbh I thought they were all pretty bland sans Nagito and Chiaki, and the game made it pretty clear something was up with both of them. Didn't have enough information to judge. Now I do.

DR1 also has the same issue. You start dropping bodies, nobody gets sufficient character development except for a chosen few. Restrictions on FTE also don't help, it's pretty to get to know more than a few people.

Really? You didn't have enough information by the time all that was revealed?

After 5 whole chapters, 5 trials, and like 20 Free Times you couldn't form any opinion whatsoever on ANYONE? I find that a little hard to believe.

I didn't even think about that. In hindsight, it is a pretty bad mistake.
If it was only the first chapter, I could understand, because it's not enough to establish a pattern. (Though obviously it's extremely suspicious), but the fact that they did it again in Chapter 4 had me facepalming outta my seat.

Just don't SC, DON'T.

ZeroX03

Banned
Really? You didn't have enough information by the time all that was revealed?

After 5 whole chapters, 5 trials, and like 20 Free Times you couldn't form any opinion whatsoever on ANYONE? I find that a little hard to believe.

Focused on Byakuya, Chiaki, Mikan and Nagito. First two dead and latter two were nuts.

Keep in mind I knew who all the killers and victims were thanks to being spoiled before playing.

I assume most of the people who don't like Hiyoko didn't like Togami in the first game?
Come on guys we need our asshole characters in our happy/crazy family.
I mean, that's one of the reasons Fuyuhiko was one of my favorites since the beginning.
The beta version of this game had Kuzuryuu dying in Chapter 3.

It seems that Spike Chunsoft enjoys the idea of giving someone character development in Chapter 2 and offing them in Chapter 3. Thankfully that was changed.
As much as I like Hiyoko, killing Fuyuhiko would be fucking horrible, them bastards. And totally agreed, Ishimaru was the only one in the first game where I really felt like "FUCK WHY DID YOU KILL THIS CHARACTER" (the only other close ones were Celes and Leon) and specially disliked how they set the whole Ishida stuff only to kill him in the same chapter. Uggh, if they wanted a 3 male 3 female ratio in the survivors, should have swapped Hagakure with Ishimaru there. Also, are any other differences in the beta?

PK Gaming

If murder isn't against your values, you're also an asshole.

I guess I didn't make myself clear:

Don't apply your real world values (ie: I wouldn't murder someone after falling into Despair) to this game, because this is a universe where Despair is a virus that can morph people into unremorseful killing machines.

The end.

Blackage

Yeah I know. Hehe, I guess I didn't make myself clear, I wanted to...

It's definitely more than "just a few" and most of their problems aren't exactly tame.

• Mikan and Kazuichi suffered from abuse. (The former suffered from heavy bullying too)
  • Mahiru and Fuyuhiko's home life aren't exactly ideal, but she probably fell into Despair due to the trauma they experienced relating to the Twilight Syndrome murders.
  • The Ultimate imposter has intense identity issues. He's extremely happy when Hajime accepts him after finding out he's not the real Byakuya Togami, so it's not a stretch to assume that Junko probably did the same. (She's pretty much a deity in their universe)
  • Teruteru was willing to kill someone (sans memory) for the chance of seeing if he's Mother is okay. Now say, for the sake of argument she died while he attended Hope's Peak. That alone could easily send him over the edge.
  • Akane was raised in an environment where people died left and right. She lived without a roof over head, was straight up molested by her mother's boyfriends, and had to work to support herself and hersiblings. Her situation isn't "tame" at all, and it's a small wonder she keeps it together on a day to day basis (Then again, she was pretty close to killing Nagito)
  • I don't really know what sent Gundam into Despair, but I don't think he suffered from social anxiety. I haven't finished his Free time event, but his childhood was pretty rough, and he ended up isolating himself from others.

Sonia, Nidai and Ibuki i'll give you, because there's nothing concrete (really, anything could have happened). But they simply got lumped in with the rest.

Because Junko didn't subject them to Despair over the course of several years. You realize that the DR1 characters were guinea pigs, right? They were kept alive (keep in mind, the ONLY class that survived despairifcation) for the second mutual killing game. It's different from what happened to the DR2 characters. Why? Because the DR2 characters were subjected to that very same killing game, and reacted to similarly. If the casts was reversed, Ultimate Despair would comprise of the DR1 characters. (Aside from Makoto, Sakura and possibly Kyoko)

EDIT: Assuming they'd survive in the first place. All of the Hope Peak attendants (save the 78th class) died.

Yeah, the thing that really leaped out to me about this group even before I found out they were the Ultimate Despair was that they all were kinda dark/twisted. Ultimate Yakuza? Hiyako in general was just an awful person.

Nagito's nature was a red flag in chapter 1, and I didn't think he was an outliner I thought he was the red herring that should have let you know "Ok if this guy is fucked up, what about the rest of this group?" I did Mikan's social link before trial 3, and when she revealed her true self I wasn't surprised, or surprised to know she was acting like that when she got her memory back.

There was something just....off about the entire group.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of the characters, I feel like Hiyoko didn't really have a sense of empathy until Mahiru helped her out. Killed bugs, being a brat in general with her comments... I feel like Mahiru was one of the few that really showed her kindness. Sure, they were all friends during the Twilight Murder scenario, but I felt like she had some growth and starting caring after her death.

Honestly, I was not a fan of hers but I kinda... felt bad when she died. A brat, but didn't deserve a death :/ (Even though prior to it I didn't care if she died :p)

Sorian

Banned
... Wow. No offense, but you seem desperate to turn this into a "lie". They've been pretty upfront with the design intents for him (intentional parallels with Makoto). They're also all plain to see in the game.

What would they gain out of saying its a coincidence? It would only make them look more clever if it wasn't a coincidence. If they wanted to make a lie, they wouldn't need to cover up the parallels. They could just say it was another intentional callback to his inspirations. There's nothing to gain for them by saying it.

I'm guessing you're one of those people who thought of the possibility that Nagito was really Makoto and convinced yourself it must be true. Remember, they're Japanese spellings are not one.

Well of course I thought they were the same. It was kind of sold that way but I didn't really care one way or the other. Call me desperate or whatever, no real issue on my end. It's a ridiculous coincidence and sure, coincidences happen but I'm not so foolish to pass something off on coincidence, especially for such an odd series as this.

Also, you can't really say they have nothing to gain from the lie. I highly doubt you have any inside information on future projects involving either character so it's hard to say. If I'm desperate to make it a lie, you're desperate to believe it

/shrug

Rubedo

Focused on Byakuya, Chiaki, Mikan and Nagito. First two dead and latter two were nuts.

Keep in mind I knew who all the killers and victims were thanks to being spoiled before playing.

Hmm well I think knowing who the murderers were may have influenced what you thought of them since you consider everyone who kills in DR an absolutely monstrous human being.

But if you were going through the game and growing attached to the characters and suddenly hated them because of the Ultimate Despair thing, you'd be no different from Nagito in that he was very amicable to all of them and did a 180 once he learned that.

The best I can describe it is this. Say you travel back in time and meet young Hitler. Do you kill him right on the spot because, in the future you know of, he becomes an extremely evil man or do you try to mold him in such a way that he will be a completely different person and the horrors he COULD commit are no longer something he would do. The versions of the characters inside the Neo World Program are like that. They are essentially the past versions of themselves, not yet molded to be evil. Can you really say those characters are the same people as the Ultimate Despair versions if they are molded to be very good human beings and have no knowledge of having been evil? Makoto believed it could be done. He believed they could make them into something other than Ultimate Despair, that there's an alternate path that could be taken in their lives and that he could help mold them to follow the good path. Are these alternate "good" selves really the same as the evil ones they have no knowledge of? You can't say they would be absolutely evil without Junko's influence. Is Makoto trying to mold them to be "good" all that different from Junko molding them to be "evil"?

ZeroX03

Banned
I guess I didn't make myself clear:

Don't apply your real world values (ie: I wouldn't murder someone after falling into Despair) to this game, because this is a universe where Despair is a virus that can morph people into unremorseful killing machines.

The end.

They aren't values. Healthy people don't kill others. Many of these people are not victims of extreme abuse. Bullying happens to everyone. Stop apologizing for murderers.

If these people were extremely fucked up in other ways, we didn't see it.

Hmm well I think knowing who the murderers were may have influenced what you thought of them since you consider everyone who kills in DR an absolutely monstrous human being.

But if you were going through the game and growing attached to the characters and suddenly hated them because of the Ultimate Despair thing, you'd be no different from Nagito in that he was very amicable to all of them and did a 180 once he learned that.

The best I can describe it is this. Say you travel back in time and meet young Hitler. Do you kill him right on the spot because, in the future you know of, he becomes an extremely evil man or do you try to mold him in such a way that he will be a completely different person and the horrors he COULD commit are no longer something he would do. The versions of the characters inside the Neo World Program are like that. They are essentially the past versions of themselves, not yet molded to be evil. Can you really say those characters are the same people as the Ultimate Despair versions if they are molded to be very good human beings and have no knowledge of having been evil? Makoto believed it could be done. He believed they could make them into something other than Ultimate Despair, that there's an alternate path that could be taken in their lives and that he could help mold them to follow the good path. Are these alternate "good" selves really the same as the evil ones they have no knowledge of? You can't say they would be absolutely evil without Junko's influence. Is Makoto trying to mold them to be "good" all that different from Junko molding them to be "evil"?

I'm not saying you can't like these people or grow attached to them. I'm just saying there assholes. I like Nagito and Byakuya. They're definitely assholes.

Rubedo

They aren't values. Healthy people don't kill others. Many of these people are not victims of extreme abuse. Bullying happens to everyone. Stop apologizing for murderers.

Only 4 of them were really murderers though. And two of those literally had no choice. The sim version of Mikan had no control over what her Despair self would do. Gundham had to or everyone would die anyway.

LX_Theo

Banned
Well of course I thought they were the same. It was kind of sold that way but I didn't really care one way or the other. Call me desperate or whatever, no real issue on my end. It's a ridiculous coincidence and sure, coincidences happen but I'm not so foolish to pass something off on coincidence, especially for such an odd series as this.

Also, you can't really say they have nothing to gain from the lie. I highly doubt you have any inside information on future projects involving either character so it's hard to say. If I'm desperate to make it a lie, you're desperate to believe it

/shrug
Your reasoning being based on that it "could" basically throws away your argument, you know that? If your logic follows, we should basically consider anything they say is a lie. Because who knows if there's some twist they're trying to hide.

Again, this is why you seem desperate. Your reasoning is closer to something to satisfy you than a conclusion based off evidence.

You calling be desperate on that level because I'm pointing this just supports all the more.

The whole point is that they are not in a healthy state of mind after Junko gets her hands on them...

Sorian

Banned
Your reasoning being based on that it "could" basically throws away your argument, you know that? If your logic follows, we should basically consider anything they say is a lie. Because who knows if there's some twist they're trying to hide.

Again, this is why you seem desperate. Your reasoning is closer to something to satisfy you than a conclusion based off evidence.

You calling be desperate on that level because I'm pointing this just supports all the more.

I just find it odd that you're trying to convince me otherwise. I'm not the only one who doubts the coincidence story. The character was made behind closed doors and the info of someone around is good but people lie. It's up to the individual to believe what they want to believe, within reason, of course. I think its dumb to believe this particular case, so I don't.

PK Gaming

They aren't values. Healthy people don't kill others. Many of these people are not victims of extreme abuse.

Once again, this is a universe where a teenager can cause a movement that brings about global anarchy? Do you really think that their Despair is comparable to ours? I'm not apologizing for murder. Murder is unforgivable and there's absolutely no justification that excuses it, but being affected by Junko's brand of brainwashing Despair clearly turns ordinary people into murderers (especially if they're emotionally vulnerable). So, stop applying your (and I mean our*) society's standards to the DR2 kids.

Something to keep in mind:

Every single Reserve course student committed suicide. All of the Ultimate students massacred each other. Junko's Despair is far from normal.

Bullying happens to everyone. Stop apologizing for murderers.

If these people were extremely fucked up in other ways, we didn't see it.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait, hold on a minute. Bullying happens to everyone...? Are you for real? What kind flimsy reasoning is that? Abuse is abuse. Trauma is trauma. Everyone handles them differently. And when you add in Junko's Despair and you have a recipe for disaster. We didn't directly see the abuse, but a lot of it can be inferred.

LX_Theo

Banned
I just find it odd that you're trying to convince me otherwise. I'm not the only one who doubts the coincidence story. The character was made behind closed doors and the info of someone around is good but people lie. It's up to the individual to believe what they want to believe, within reason, of course. I think its dumb to believe this particular case, so I don't.
You find it odd that atrociously bad reasoning is being called bad? Calling it a choice of belief doesn't change anything. If anything, it makes me think your actively choosing to follow bad reasoning because you like the result more. The more you call it an opinion, the more I'll remind you that it makes no difference in how stupid the opinion is.

Huh, didn't even realize or notice that. And I actually went to everyone during the free time just to see what they would say.

As much as I like Hiyoko, killing Fuyuhiko would be fucking horrible, them bastards. And totally agreed, Ishimaru was the only one in the first game where I really felt like "FUCK WHY DID YOU KILL THIS CHARACTER" (the only other close ones were Celes and Leon) and specially disliked how they set the whole Ishida stuff only to kill him in the same chapter. Uggh, if they wanted a 3 male 3 female ratio in the survivors, should have swapped Hagakure with Ishimaru there. Also, are any other differences in the beta?

Nope, I haven't seen anything else mention about the beta.

Sorian

Banned
You find it odd that atrociously bad reasoning is being called bad? Calling it a choice of belief doesn't change anything. If anything, it makes me think your actively choosing to follow bad reasoning because you like the result more. The more you call it an opinion, the more I'll remind you that it makes no difference in how stupid the opinion is.

I certainly find your passion on the subject fun.

Rubedo

Killing Yasuhiro and Hifumi in the same chapter would never happen. It would be far, far too fortunate. Most people would not give a shit which is probably not what developers want to happen to keep it compelling.

Killing Yasuhiro and Hifumi in the same chapter would never happen. It would be far, far too fortunate. Most people would not give a shit which is probably not what developers want to happen to keep it compelling.

Have Hiro be the first victim like how it was in the beta.

Then have Maizono and Yamada be the victims in Chapter 3.

We keep Super Saiyan Ishimaru as his hot bloodness breaks through despair.

Everyone wins!

Sorian

Banned
this thread is getting very heated, remember to love your fellow students!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130806063033/danganronpa/images/9/9e/MonomiA_%287%29.png[/MG]

love loooooooooooove[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121218005226/dangan-ronpa/images/e/e1/Monobear_vs_Monomi.jpg

Have Hiro be the first victim like how it was in the beta.

Then have Maizono and Yamada be the victims in Chapter 3.

We keep Super Saiyan Ishimaru as his hot bloodness breaks through despair.

Everyone wins!

No way, Maizono needs to die first, that was probably one of my favorite design decisions in the entire series.

LX_Theo

Banned
I certainly find your passion on the subject fun.
Wow. This is ridiculous. So, what are you trying to do now? Make up some stuff to try and insult me with? Is that your argument now?

This is just getting sad. Please actually address the topic instead of using stereotypical evasion tactics.

Huh, didn't even realize or notice that. And I actually went to everyone during the free time just to see what they would say.
Maybe I'm too pattern obsessive, but it seemed glaringly obvious to me. You can only see the dolls early in Chapter 1 and Chapter 4, but it also spoils in a roundabout way in all the chapters, because you if you don't see a doll in someone's room, you know they're safe. When I realized that the room the doll was in was the one Nekomaru was gonna use in Chapter 4, my stomach literally dropped. T_T

I can't believe this was approved by Spike Chunsoft. I really hope that if the dolls return, they don't use them in such a awful manner.

Nope, I haven't seen anything else mention about the beta.
Aw, alright, thanks.
I suppose you're right about that, but still, I think they could have worked more on the Ishida plot if they wanted to. Bringing more to the story (imo) > keeping Yasuhiro just for despair.

Also, does anyone have a link for everyone's rooms?

Wow. This is ridiculous. So, what are you trying to do now? Make up some stuff to try and insult me with? Is that your argument now?

This is just getting sad. Please actually address the topic instead of using stereotypical evasion tactics.

Why are you so high strung about this?

LX_Theo

Banned
Why are you so high strung about this?
I just want the person making absurd claims to actually come back down to Earth. Him being evasive just makes me think he's actively choosing to be an idiot in this scenario, which I was trying to give him the opportunity to demonstrate otherwise.

No idea if you actually know what high strung means, so take it however you will

Sorian

Banned
I just want the person making absurd claims to actually come back down to Earth. Him being evasive just makes me think he's actively choosing to be an idiot in this scenario, which I was trying to give him the opportunity to demonstrate otherwise.

No idea if you actually know what high strung means, so take it however you will

Heh, opinions, how do they work? I'm sorry you don't like mine but its there. I'm being evasive now because you've reached the point where its either agree with you or shut up and I'm not into being forced to change my stance because someone wants me to really badly.

And yeah, you're emulating the definition of high strung pretty well right now.

Edit: Also, had to chuckle at the absurd claims comments. Stay tuned for next week, I'll actually be arguing about how the sky is actually orange.

Tumblr has you covered.

From the PSP version so you get Time Travelers instead of Another Episode.
I was hoping that was a link that declared that Ishimaru actually survived somehow. :(

Heh, but talking seriously, thanks. Teruteru's room lol And of course Sonia's room is that different from others.

Also, while lurking over the thread:
Are you thinking what i'm thinking? Persona Q, but with DanganRonpa characters!

Danganronpa.png

=====
HOPE'S PEAK ACADEMY...

A DEATH SENTENCE FOR THOSE THAT ARE TRAPPED THERE...

TWO STUDENT BODIED UNITED THROUGH LUCK AND FATE...

TOGETHER, THEY OVERCOME ANYTHING?!

Ibuki: Woah... who are they?!?
Makoto: My name is Makoto Naegi, it's a pleasure to me you.
Hajime: It's nice to you meet you too.
Chiaki: 2 protagonists with the same ahoge...
Hajime: It seems like we're fighting for our reasons, and they're fighting for theirs... I don't think that makes us friends, but for now, we have the same goal.
Kyoko: I think we can trust them... for now.
Byakuya: Hmph, more idiots
Fuyuhiko: What the fuck did you just say?

THE BATTLE OF HOPE VERSUS DESPAIR STARTS ANEW

Nagito: As long we're all together, hope will never die.
Makoto: Right!

WILL THE ULTIMATE STUDENTS PREVAIL?

Hajime: As long as i'm around, I won't let anyone die!

=====

Coming never, to a store near you!
THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

Busaiku

The only reason I was sad when Hiyoko was killed was because of the reason for her getting killed.
She just wanted to stop smelling.

Sorian

Banned
The only reason I was sad when Hiyoko was killed was because of the reason for her getting killed.
She just wanted to stop smelling.

I agree with what someone said earlier. She deserved her death being as uneventful as possible. I think out of everyone, she was probably the easiest for Junko to turn to despair since she was already a little piece of shit.

LX_Theo

Banned
Heh, opinions, how do they work? I'm sorry you don't like mine but its there. I'm being evasive now because you've reached the point where its either agree with you or shut up and I'm not into being forced to change my stance because someone wants me to really badly.

And yeah, you're emulating the definition of high strung pretty well right now.

Edit: Also, had to chuckle at the absurd claims comments. Stay tuned for next week, I'll actually be arguing about how the sky is actually orange.
Nope. My statements have been the issues I see with your argument. In an argument, that's where you're supposed to pose why they are not issues. Not evade it entirely and claim it's legitimate because it's your opinion.

And like I said. Opinions are opinions. That fact makes no difference in any line of logic ever.

Of course it's absurd. You're literally saying that it's a particular way because you think it's too much of a coincidence and it's possible because we don't know what they're planning. I hope you realize that is the sort of argument people use to call the president a terrorist because if his middle name.

And if you really think this is me being high strung, then the only conclusion I can think if is that you're purposely skewing what I'm saying into your mind into a form you can dismiss easily.

Vylash

I agree with what someone said earlier. She deserved her death being as uneventful as possible. I think out of everyone, she was probably the easiest for Junko to turn to despair since she was already a little piece of shit.

"hey, wanna cause worldwide despair and the collapse of human civilization?"

"do i get gummies?"

"of course!"

"i'm in! *squishy squishy*"

Nachos

I'm certainly one to talk, but Theo, even if Sorian was demonstrably, irrefutably wrong, why does it matter? What do you personally gain from proving yourself to be right, that could offset wasting energy over something that's incredibly inconsequential? Chill, or at least, consider if this is line of discussion is even worth it. Can you really convince someone to change their mind on a video game forum of all things, especially when they're clearly not interested?

Take a quick break from the internet and reread your posts later – not the content itself, but the way you've been framing it.

Sorian

Banned
Nope. My statements have been the issues I see with your argument. In an argument, that's where you're supposed to pose why they are not issues. Not evade it entirely and claim it's legitimate because it's your opinion.

And like I said. Opinions are opinions. That fact makes no difference in any line of logic ever.

Of course it's absurd. You're literally saying that it's a particular way because you think it's too much of a coincidence and it's possible because we don't know what they're planning. I hope you realize that is the sort of argument people use to call the president a terrorist because if his middle name.

And if you really think this is me being high strung, then the only conclusion I can think if is that you're purposely skewing what I'm saying into your mind into a form you can dismiss easily.

Except I'm not quite following what you want here. We have a statement from someone. You think its true and I think its false. We have absolutely no evidence that points one way or the other. Your main claim on the topic is "what reason would they have to lie?" I responded with a plausible reason and then countered with my belief that if I have a choice between a reason and a coincidence, I'll always choose the reason. You then proceeded to call me desperate and an idiot so I started shrugging you off.

Also, if we want to have a real debate, drop the bolded garbage analogy.

"hey, wanna cause worldwide despair and the collapse of human civilization?"

"do i get gummies?"

"of course!"

"i'm in! *squishy squishy*"

Such a bad character, I couldn't even feel for her when she was being framed for her friend's murder.

GSR

I had forgotten about this. Still upset that we never got it over here. Still, neat bit of promotion.

I've toyed with the idea of doing a TT LP one of these days as translation practice. It's an interesting game, and not super long (~10 hours, I think?).

I know for a while Level-5 was pretty harsh about taking down videos of it, though. Hopefully that's relaxed a bit.

abrack08

I liked Hiyoko. Sure, she was a giant asshole, but I thought she was entertaining. A good edition to the cast, wouldn't have been fun if everyone was just nice to each other all the time. And she became friends with Mahiru, maybe the rest of the group should have tried to break down her shell a little bit more. I warmed up to her in chapter 2, and her little memorial for Mahiru in the restaurant made me actually like her. I was bummed when she died, I thought her and Fuyuhiko were both going to be redeemed.

1) From someone who hasn't been involved in the debate at all, "high strung" does suit the way you're arguing about this.
2) I don't think you've actually pointed out any flaws in this reasoning:

"I don't believe that Nagito's name containing all the same letters of Makoto's name is a coincidence. They share too many similarities for me the believe that THAT happened just by chance. I know the developers said that it was, but they could have been lying. Who knows what else they have planned?"

Not being able to list a definite reason why they would lie does not mean it's a bad argument. Maybe initially Nagito WAS crazy-Makoto and they shifted gears but don't want to tell us? Maybe Nagito will be revealed to be a clone of Makoto, or they're both clones of someone else (lol pls no)? Maybe it was a joke or sarcastic remark and it WAS done on purpose?

Top Bottom