• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

After going through Island Mode, I'm now pretty positive that Nekomaru is gay, or at least bisexual. He refers to interactions between himself and Hajime as actual dates (not "man-dates" like stupid Kazuichi) and tells Hajime bluntly to plan better so Nekomaru can "fall for him". (If you pick a lame choice during a Trip Ticket event.)

Add to this all the evidence from the main game and his Free Time events, and I'm sold. Nekomaru is into man-on-man lovin'! Best DR character all time ever confirmed. :D

Pretty much the end goal of some of the guys island mode is to date Hajime. Gundham, Nagito, Kazuichi, Nekomaru

I mean, hey he already has their underwear, dating is the next step!

Hiyoko is the very personification of the constant and unwarranted abuse that turned Mikan into what she is, her being the one to kill Hiyoko felt like a twisted sense of vindication

I never thought of it like that, but yeah, you're right- I'd imagine that may have been a reason why they chose her to be the other victim.

Ibuki was my favorite, so I fucking hated Mikan after finding out she killed her, but in light of chapter six I suppose it's hard to stay mad when *every* character would become a psycho killer if they had their memories restored like Mikan's were.

FluxWaveZ

I mean, DR is a PlayStation exclusive as much as GoW, it shouldn't have been a problem. Maybe they decided to go for the safest thing and didn't even ask.

I'm not sure that's how trademark issues work, though. It's probably more complicated than those series being exclusive to the same brand of platforms.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
In the Japanese version, Junko straight up name drops God of War. In the NISA translation, it's some fake video game.

Did you catch the part where, I think it was Monokuma, was about to say "Dragon Que-" but the translation was instead "Final Fa-".I thought that was kinda a weird change.

Rubedo

Did you catch the part where, I think it was Monokuma, was about to say "Dragon Que-" but the translation was instead "Final Fa-".I thought that was kinda a weird change.

Maybe Final Fantasy is more recognizable to westerners than Dragon Quest?

I don't know if that's true, just a guess.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Final Fantasy is more recognizable to westerners than Dragon Quest?

I don't know if that's true, just a guess.

I mean I would assume that, but it's not like we don't have DQ here either! (Then again, SE almost actively want us to forget that it exists, sooo....)

Guys, a friend of mine will be sending in an interview to NISA who will forward the questions to Spike Chunsoft. If you'd like, post some questions and my friend will send them in to get answered.

Also the less spoiler-ish the better.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
In the Japanese version, Junko straight up name drops God of War. In the NISA translation, it's some fake video game.

I though the NISA translation was still referencing either God of War or Bayonetta.

Guys, a friend of mine will be sending in an interview to NISA who will forward the questions to Spike Chunsoft. If you'd like, post some questions and my friend will send them in to get answered.

When is Danganronpa 3!?

Also, ask about the discrepancy with the Remnants of Despair attaching parts of Junko's body to themselves despite there being nothing left of her.

Rubedo

I though the NISA translation was still referencing either God of War or Bayonetta.

It references Bayonetta but it doesn't say Bayonetta. It makes up some fake name.

When is Danganronpa 3!?

Also, ask about the discrepancy with the Remnants of Despair attaching parts of Junko's body to themselves despite there being nothing left of her.

Dear God, yes. Please. The thing about getting the body parts from her body after it had been completely crushed in the execution is one of the main things that bothers me.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
When is Danganronpa 3!?

Good questions. Also add in a "how fast can AE be localized? We are hungry for MORE!!"

Danganronpa 2 anime when?

I know it's more up to the studio who did the first one (maybe the first series wasn't that profitable to continue?) I think a more appropriate question could be a "might we see localizations of the manga/novels in english?" Although once again, I'd assume that's more up to the publisher.

Vylash

How long did the scenarios for DR 1, 2, and AE take to map out?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

1. Were we supposed to infer that an Ultimate Despair practiced necrophilia with Junko's body, or were her sexual organs removed and passed into another UD?

2. Will we ever see more of the DR1 and DR2 pre-Tragedy memories?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What goes into the thought process of a murder case and deciding which characters are the murderer & which get killed?

What goes into the thought process of a murder case and deciding which characters are the murderer & which get killed?

Building off of that, in the planning process, do you already have an idea of who's going to live and who's going to die throughout the game or is it a trial by trial basis.

PK Gaming

What caused Teruteru to fall into Despair? Was it the death of his mother (and did he kill her himself?)

Rubedo

So I found this on Hajime's wiki article:

"After the defeat of AI Enoshima, Hinata and former Ultimate Despair members opted to stay on the Jabberwock Islands, possibly in hopes that they could do something to help their comatose friends, acknowledging his past but choosing to live on as Hajime Hinata with the best booty around town."

Thoraxes

Man, I almost thought Makoto was a future version of Nagito for a long time because their names are almost perfect anagrams for each other. Outside of two letters, their names are almost comprised of the same letters. Just the D and A in Nagito's name make it not perfect.

Almost wonder if it was a red herring for people like me who are good at those lol (I guess that and the skill too)

And I fucking loved the end of this game. I was on a near spoiler blackout (only saw the first trailer with "fat Byakuya", and that's literally it) and played over the course of almost a month. Everything that happened the whole game was fucking amazing, I loved the hell out of the twists, and the ending was sooooo goood. I was so hooked I stayed up till 10AM just to finish it because I couldn't put it down.

Fucking 10/10 for me. I love this game.

So I found this on Hajime's wiki article:

"After the defeat of AI Enoshima, Hinata and former Ultimate Despair members opted to stay on the Jabberwock Islands, possibly in hopes that they could do something to help their comatose friends, acknowledging his past but choosing to live on as Hajime Hinata with the best booty around town."

makes sense, I dig it

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
man if izuru is ultimate everything

think about all the dumb, useless fucking talents he must have

if he is the ultimate everything, hes can be an ultimate programmer too, which means he couldve made the junko ai

shaymalan twist

joe2187

Banned

Your avatar.

Junko is basically the Johan Liebert of the DR universe.

FStubbs

if he is the ultimate everything, hes can be an ultimate programmer too, which means he couldve made the junko ai

shaymalan twist

I still think he somehow builds Chiaki a body and frees her from what remains of the Neo World Program. He has to have his waifu after all.

Wait what is going on about Junko's booty? I thought it was law Mikan has the fattest ass of all the DR girls?

When you account for height, I think Chiaki wins in both that and in boobs.

Rubedo

This is also one part I don't get. It seems Izuru has an ulterior motive than just cooperating with Junko.

Maybe he wants to help Junko bring the world back to the brink of Despair since it's starting to recover?

Or he could just be bored.

Top Bottom