• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Pretty much the end goal of some of the guys island mode is to date Hajime. Gundham, Nagito, Kazuichi, Nekomaru

I mean, hey he already has their underwear, dating is the next step!
Heh.

Though I didn't get that vibe from Kazuichi. He did everything in his power to classify it as "bro time".

Guys, a friend of mine will be sending in an interview to NISA who will forward the questions to Spike Chunsoft. If you'd like, post some questions and my friend will send them in to get answered.

Also the less spoiler-ish the better.
How soon can we expect Another Episode in English?

What's the current status on Zero Escape Vol. 3?

Zephyx

Maybe he wants to help Junko bring the world back to the brink of Despair since it's starting to recover?

Or he could just be bored.

But in that context, "used her liked she used me" doesn't really apply to his tone at that moment. He seems to have a grudge or something. If he was more clear that he'll use Junko to create despair like Junko used him before, it would make a lot of sense.

petghost

Banned
man seeing all this hip/bust size nonsense makes me kinda worried that they gonna go in a really pander-y fan service direction for this series. i dont remember much of that in the first game but the 2nd game had some (somewhat) out of place stuff going on with mikan. also heard AE got quite a bit of it. im sure it hits their target demographic but man... that shit bums me out sometimes. not because im a puritan or anything but because it seems like they are being really manipulative and pandering to otaku bullshit.

Vylash

You guys are really something else lol...

I guess I'll leave this artwork of Junko from Dangan Ronpa Zero.

NSFW: http://i.imgur.com/mBehpc9.jpg

oh god, saved so hard, i like to pretend she's stepping on hiro or kazuichi

man seeing all this hip/bust size nonsense makes me kinda worried that they gonna go in a really pander-y fan service direction for this series. i dont remember much of that in the first game but the 2nd game had some (somewhat) out of place stuff going on with mikan. also heard AE got quite a bit of it. im sure it hits their target demographic but man... that shit bums me out sometimes.

i don't see why random fan discussion would make you think this

DaBoss

man seeing all this hip/bust size nonsense makes me kinda worried that they gonna go in a really pander-y fan service direction for this series. i dont remember much of that in the first game but the 2nd game had some (somewhat) out of place stuff going on with mikan. also heard AE got quite a bit of it. im sure it hits their target demographic but man...
Yea, not a big fan of it either, but I guess it fits the audience. And AE does indeed get more of it.

Rubedo

man seeing all this hip/bust size nonsense makes me kinda worried that they gonna go in a really pander-y fan service direction for this series. i dont remember much of that in the first game but the 2nd game had some (somewhat) out of place stuff going on with mikan. also heard AE got quite a bit of it. im sure it hits their target demographic but man... that shit bums me out sometimes. not because im a puritan or anything but because it seems like they are being really manipulative and pandering to otaku bullshit.

Have you seen some of the stuff in DR:AE? Better buckle up.

Is he a better little sister than Fuyuhiko's sister?

Probably, especially since he wouldn't be the dead Ultimate Little Sister

/badjoke

Heh.

Though I didn't get that vibe from Kazuichi. He did everything in his power to classify it as "bro time".

Oh, I meant Kuzuryuu, dunno why I keep messing up their names, especially given one is one of the best character and the other is trash.

You guys are really something else lol...

I guess I'll leave this artwork of Junko from Dangan Ronpa Zero.

NSFW: http://i.imgur.com/mBehpc9.jpg
Reminds me of Yukari, lol
I was really surprised to see how much fanservice was in this game compared to the first one.

To be fair, it's not like there wasn't otaku pandering/references in the first game.

Wynnebeck

Banned

.....wut. Well just because you were worried:

xuq5fssd1d3wii6avapf.jpg

Caladrius

The increased frequency and blatantness of the fanservice was a bit bothersome. If it weren't for that I'd be screaming from the rooftops to get people to try the game.

Oh, I meant Kuzuryuu, dunno why I keep messing up their names, especially given one is one of the best character and the other is trash.

I wasn't expecting Kuzuryuu to go full Tsundere.

<3

Zareka

Guys, a friend of mine will be sending in an interview to NISA who will forward the questions to Spike Chunsoft. If you'd like, post some questions and my friend will send them in to get answered.

Zero Escape 3 status. Spike pls. ;_;

Also yeah I guess AE localisation timeframe, maybe if DR3 has been thought about any more
but not before ZE3 damn it
wow, I never realized how that bottle spilling liquid...looks.
You just drew my attention to the fact the food has just been shopped in.

Not that it speaks for the quality but this games budget was rock bottom huh.

LX_Theo

Banned
Honestly, it felt like the vast majority of the fanservice was thrown in the beginning of the game. I don't recall much of anything from later chapters. It got less and less as you went on.

Honestly, it felt like the vast majority of the fanservice was thrown in the beginning of the game. I don't recall much of anything from later chapters. It got less and less as you went on.

Well yeah, it's mostly gone by the end of Chapter 3.

It helps when all the possible characters to do such a thing are either dead or a robot.

LX_Theo

Banned

It helps when all the possible characters to do such a thing are either dead or a robot.

True. I guess my point, if any, is that it almost seems like they were meaning to get the fanservice out of the way. Use it like a hook for the game early on and drop it as you go along.

redhood56

Banned

Where do you see the dangan ronpa franchise going in the future.
also give me zero escape 3 damnit :p

Vylash

i didn't really mind the fanservice, but at the same time i don't really think it needs fanservice beyond the general existence of Aoi and Akane

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, after Chapter 2's CHIAKI SWIMSUIT MOMENT YAAAAAAAAYYYY, it pretty much stopped, save for the Mikan sleeping scene.

.....though for games that insert fanservice at times, they sure do like censoring it....

I'm still surprised there's a naked Mikan in her execution.
Wait WHAT. *watches execution again*

Edit: Oh, it was a REALLY QUICK "blink & ya miss it" moment after Monokuma finishes injecting the....fuel(?) into that rocket arm. But it was about as detailed as the "mystery" person when you're filling in the blanks at the end of a trial of what exactly happened.

Rubedo

They still talk about a lot of sexual things throughout the whole game, even into the Chapter 5 trial. And then there's Junko's boob and giant women talk.

PK Gaming

There's definitely an overabundant amount of fanservice in DR2. It's unfortunate, but not ruinously so. Background noise, basically.

In Mikan's case, even though her fanservice is shameless, there's this extra layer of uncomfortable-ness that gets added when you find out she puts herself in these degrading situations on purpose for validation.

Edit: Oh, it was a REALLY QUICK "blink & ya miss it" moment after Monokuma finishes injecting the....fuel(?) into that rocket arm. But it was about as detailed as the "mystery" person when you're filling in the blanks at the end of a trial of what exactly happened.
Yeah that's what I was talking about. If I remember right
why should I remember this
it was just her naked but without nipples, imo that's way more detailed than the killer guy.

also soapies the shower bonus scene
which is kinda even more questionable because of hiyoko

but i mean whatever the fanservice-y stuff is definitely there and has always been there, and i just kinda ignore it. it's certainly never tasteful, but it's rarely overwhelming, i find.

I don't mind all the fanservice though. Just in the 2nd game there was less equal opportunity fanservice.

Wonder if they'll ever top that~

Top Bottom