• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SPOILERS] Dangan Ronpa 2 Spoiler Thread | Aloha, Despair!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to find more of those 4 komas. I remember seeing some for the first game, had no idea they did some for DR2.

PirateKing

Does anyone own the Zero novels and other novels? I'm wondering cuz I wanna buy them but can't find a site that doesn't overcharge me considering Australia is close to Japan so shipping shouldn't be $100+ for five books.

Anyone knows a good import site?

Yasumi

Banned
Does anyone own the Zero novels and other novels? I'm wondering cuz I wanna buy them but can't find a site that doesn't overcharge me considering Australia is close to Japan so shipping shouldn't be $100+ for five books.

Anyone knows a good import site?
CDJapan has them. Don't know the shipping off-hand, but they're generally pretty good.

Jintor

lol

...i bet they don't have furigana ey

fun fact: one of my first-grade junior high students drew a picture of monokuma for me. I was like, "This is awesome, but... you're... a bit young for super high school level stuff, right?"

Moonlight

Banned
lol

fun fact: one of my first-grade junior high students drew a picture of monokuma for me. I was like, "This is awesome, but... you're... a bit young for super high school level stuff, right?"
Junko's indoctrination begins early, young minds are easier to shape towards despair.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
lol

Maybe he saw him somewhere and though he was a pretty cool design? I know some people irl that know about Monokuma and think he's a pretty sweet bear, but only know him as the "Danganronpa bear"

How is the manga in general? Leon was a fucking mark in the game
This is just my opinion, but I really think it is amazing. It re-tells the events from the chapters from the view of Maizono, Leon, Chihiro and Celestia, and there's a Mondo chapter about the sauna battle too. And yeah, it makes Leon a more likeable character. Plus, it made me like Chihiro more when I didn't actually cared for him.

Edit: There are DR2 mangas too?! Say whaaaaaa! Please tell me thet are translated.

PK Gaming

to be fair ibuki would probably give herself big boobs if she could

Sounds like we found the artist

Mioda_%2817%29.png

Jintor

Maybe he saw him somewhere and though he was a pretty cool design? I know some people irl that know about Monokuma and think he's a pretty sweet bear, but only know him as the "Danganronpa bear"

She drew me togami later. Maybe I'll send the pic to feep

So I never got what Ibuki's horns were.
Are they hair or a hat.

Is she Jolyne.

She pretty much is Jolyne, but I'm pretty sure the horns are supposed to be part of the Oni motif that her whole character was designed around.

Seriously though, with the number of Jojo references in this game (23 at my last count), I wouldn't be surprised at all if it were just a nod to Jolyne's design.

Steel

Banned
He seemed totally ok when Sonia was worried what body modifications they could have done as possible despairs.

I seem to remember him talking about how interested he was in Sonia's bone structure, and how seeing bones poking out from her skin was a turn on for him. In hindsight, I think that might of been a sign.

Vylash

I seem to remember him talking about how interested he was in Sonia's bone structure, and how seeing bones poking out from her skin was a turn on for him. In hindsight, I think that might of been a sign.
Remind me why Ibuki, Mahiru, and Chiaki had to die instead of this creep?

Because you wouldn't have cared as much? The purpose is to make you feel. If you don't give a shit about the people dying, it lessens the effect.

Hence why both double homicide cases involve one beloved character and one whose death you couldn't care less about. Gotta balance out the despair ratio.

Hence why both double homicide cases involve one beloved character and one whose death you couldn't care less about. Gotta balance out the despair ratio.

I liked Saionji. It definitely felt like something was missing when she was gone. And I thought her getting killed off was a cheap way to make Kuzuryu's integration into the group easier, avoiding the aftermath of chapter 2.

Beginning of chapter 3 -Will Saionji ever forgive him for what happened to Koizumi? Can you really forgive someone for murder given the events of the Twilight video game?

Chapter 3 Investigation - Welp I guess it doesn't matter now.

also i didn't care about ishimaru in the first game

I liked Saionji. It definitely felt like something was missing when she was gone. And I thought her getting killed off was a cheap way to make Kuzuryu's integration into the group easier, avoiding the aftermath of chapter 2.

Beginning of chapter 3 -Will Saionji ever forgive him for what happened to Koizumi? Can you really forgive someone for murder given the events of the Twilight video game?

Chapter 3 Investigation - Welp I guess it doesn't matter now.

also i didn't care about ishimaru in the first game

You're the exception, not the rule :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I didn't mind him, but I was disappointed in the fact after his transformation, he gets killed. At least with Mechamaru, I feel as though I got to know him a bit more after his transformation and how he's changed.

Rubedo

I've seen a lot of mixed opinions on Ishimaru, actually. Rarely outright hatred but I've seen quite a few posters not think much of him.

I personally liked him, then again I'm a sucker for Hot-blooded paragon types.

I thought he was annoying as fuck during the main game. Then I did his FTEs and Trip Ticket events in School Mode and he became pretty alright.

Top Bottom