• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

So after watching the trailers again I belive Rey is a skywalker. The Luke/Tatooine track playing when they show her and the orphan on a desert theme is too one the nose for it to be a Solo.

Cant wait for this movie.

My personal prediction regarding Finn, Rey and Kylo...

Kylo - It's all but certain he's a Solo. He's obviously force sensitive too, so Leia would have felt that in him upon his birth. She either helped guide him, or sent him to Uncle Luke for training. Ambitious, with an incredibly strong bloodline, I can see young Kylo being hungry to learn, to be strong, to be better than those around him. I think his ability of the force makes him vunerable, and from the trailers/leaks, it seems Snoke is in his head at the time of TFA. I think Snoke got into his head at a far younger age, tempting him with the power of the dark side and the legacy of his Grandfather. He abandons Luke/Leia and the path of the Light Side, and succumbs to the dark ways, and follows Snoke's guidance in joining/forming the Knights of Ren. The attack on the Jedi is an attempt at wiping them out, including Luke. After Luke goes into hiding, Kylo makes it his goal to kill the last remaining Jedi.

Everyone keeps mentioning how Kylo helped take down everyone at Luke's "school". If Rey was 5 at the time, how old was Kylo? Same age or maybe 10? No, he wasn't wearing that outfit at that age so the scene in the rain is either someone else and Kylo eventually inherits that outfit (which wouldn't make sense since Kylo only recently made that lightsaber) or the flashback is really more of a vision and is showing that Kylo aided or supported the attack but clearly Rey doesn't know who he is so the vision has given him his adult appearance since some of her memory is blocked/repressed.

Also, the spoilers say "R2, 3PO and BB8 solve the mystery of the lightsaber and find out where Luke is". No, it's much simpler than that. I think after letting the force in, Rey senses his location with Luke's help to go to him. The opening with Poe, where they put the "message" in BB8, means his lightsaber has been found which implies Luke thinks it's Rey's time. The message itself is the lightsaber.

I bet Luke sent the lightsaber through space, it would definitely show his power and focus when it's revealed. He knew it would reach her. And the falcon? It was on the planet waiting for her, for the right time. Why? Not sure about that one but Han knows who she is (he does play one of the mentor roles after all). The lightsaber being sent to her and the falcon reaching her will be talked about in 8.

Finn is not related to anyone. Could they make his backstory really cool or add a twist? Sure but the point is he is the regular person that's been thrown in to something he didn't ask for, looking for purpose. Rey and Kylo are the Skywalkers, the ones who have things set up for them.

Nodnol

Everyone keeps mentioning how Kylo helped take down everyone at Luke's "school". If Rey was 5 at the time, how old was Kylo? Same age or maybe 10? No, he wasn't wearing that outfit at that age so the scene in the rain is either someone else and Kylo eventually inherits that outfit (which wouldn't make sense since Kylo only recently made that lightsaber) or the flashback is really more of a vision and is showing that Kylo aided or supported the attack but clearly Rey doesn't know who he is so the vision has given him his adult appearance since some of her memory is blocked/repressed.

Also, the spoilers say "R2, 3PO and BB8 solve the mystery of the lightsaber and find out where Luke is". No, it's much simpler than that. I think after letting the force in, Rey senses his location with Luke's help to go to him. The opening with Poe, where they put the "message" in BB8, means his lightsaber has been found which implies Luke thinks it's Rey's time. The message itself is the lightsaber.

I bet Luke sent the lightsaber through space, it would definitely show his power and focus when it's revealed. He knew it would reach her. And the falcon? It was on the planet waiting for her, for the right time. Why? Not sure about that one but Han knows who she is (he does play one of the mentor roles after all). The lightsaber being sent to her and the falcon reaching her will be talked about in 8.

Finn is not related to anyone. Could they make his backstory really cool or add a twist? Sure but the point is he is the regular person that's been thrown in to something he didn't ask for, looking for purpose. Rey and Kylo are the Skywalkers, the ones who have things set up for them.

I mentioned it when I talked about Rey, but I think a lot of people assuming Rey is present at the attack is down to the description of the vision. I'm starting to lean more towards she's just witnessing the event, rather than being there, but it's something that keeps changing (my opinion and/or interpretation).

When Kylo tries to break Rey mentally, it's implied that there's history there, and that's also accounted for people thinking Rey was there. However, it might be that Rey simply has the resolve to probe Kylo's mind, and sees his obsession with Vader. By all accounts, he walks away from that confrontation feeling flustered and frustrated, so you'd imagine Rey is a strong mental opponent.

They could hand wave it all and Rey forgets the evidence thanks to some mind trickery from Luke, but I think it's most likely, as you pointed out, that Rey is simply not there at the time of the attack.

Do we have an idea on the time scale regarding Luke's disappearance, the attack, and the start of the film?

I mentioned it when I talked about Rey, but I think a lot of people assuming Rey is present at the attack is down to the description of the vision. I'm starting to lean more towards she's just witnessing the event, rather than being there, but it's something that keeps changing (my opinion and/or interpretation).

When Kylo tries to break Rey mentally, it's implied that there's history there, and that's also accounted for people thinking Rey was there. However, it might be that Rey simply has the resolve to probe Kylo's mind, and sees his obsession with Vader. By all accounts, he walks away from that confrontation feeling flustered and frustrated, so you'd imagine Rey is a strong mental opponent.

They could hand wave it all and Rey forgets the evidence thanks to some mind trickery from Luke, but I think it's most likely, as you pointed out, that Rey is simply not there at the time of the attack.

Do we have an idea on the time scale regarding Luke's disappearance, the attack, and the start of the film?

My assumption was that Rey was taken away from there as a child, when the attack happened. Why else would she have to leave so young? Which points to the Kylo Ren in the vision not being the Kylo we know since he would be her age. Then we'd have to go with one of two things: Kylo attacked that place much later when Rey had already left that place many years before (which we'd need an explanation for) or the vision is showing that Kylo assisted as a child or went with them (there is no 5-10 year old that tall). They've mentioned the lightsaber he built is new so unless he just attacked Luke's school (which he didn't), then the vision is just a message.

Nodnol

My assumption was that Rey was taken away from there as a child, when the attack happened. Why else would she have to leave so young? Which points to the Kylo Ren in the vision not being the Kylo we know since he would be her age. Then we'd have to go with one of two things: Kylo attacked that place much later when Rey had already left that place many years before (which we'd need an explanation for) or the vision is showing that Kylo assisted as a child or went with them (there is no 5-10 year old that tall). They've mentioned the lightsaber he built is new so unless he just attacked Luke's school (which he didn't), then the vision is just a message.

If Snoke is this big-bad voice in Kylo's head, then you'd imagine, as has been depicted before, that the dark side can cause ripples in the force. While it can cloud the mind (great job Jedi Order!), I wonder if Luke senses something in Kylo? I definitely think Kylo's ambition could have been played on by Snoke, what with how he's been depicted in his obsession with Vader, and the general lure of the dark side. The dark side has never marketed itself on "Hey You!! Want to have a face like a prune but be able to fire out lightning from your finger tips? Join today!", it preys on fears, desires, jealousy, so on and so on. It stands to reason Kylo's fall would be similar to those before him. As Han's son, and we're assuming Leia given his force abilities, you'd imagine he didn't just grow up and start out as a disciple of the dark side of the force. Point being, there had to be some sort of influence there, and even if Luke couldn't feel what it was, you'd imagine he could atleast notice it.

Would it be feasible for Luke to fear for Rey's safety, and send her away? That would mean he was a bit irresponsible with putting his new disciples in the crosshairs though...

I hope the vision isn't just a message, though I know where you're coming from. It looks such an awesome scene from the real quick shot we've seen; the rain, the dark figures, the dead pupils (we assume).

We know Luke has gone missing, or is rather in hiding. We know Rey is waiting on Jakku for her family. Assuming Rey is indeed Luke's daughter, then it stands to reason that she knows she's been left on Jakku by her family, but doesn't know who they are. Luke put her on that planet for a reason; if he just wanted her safe, he could have quite easily put on out reach in any number of scenarios (with the Resistance, for instance). Instead, he put her on a remote planet on her own. Maybe he's waiting for her to come of age (then why not directly steer her to her destiny?), or maybe he's protecting her from that life entirely?

We know Kylo wants to finish what someone started; we assume it's Vader given the trailers. We know he's after the lightsaber because he wants to hunt down Luke. We have Luke shipping his daughter off to a dust bowl, and a shot of the Knights of Ren standing over bodies. Would the Knight's attack not be the perfect reason for Luke to disappear? Would that not fuel Kylo in his hunt, to the point that the First Order is chasing after a lightsaber? That's the whole reason they are on Jakku in the first place, which kick starts everything in the film, so you'd imagine it's of significant importance.

I think Kylo lead the attack, we see him with his lightsaber, which we know was recently constructed (wouldn't be surprised if his was its first outing), and I think he wipes out Luke's pupils. The leaks pretty much refer to it as much. What we really don't know, is if Luke is there, is Rey there, and why was Rey shipped out and seemingly knows nothing of her family?

It's a little over two weeks until we have some of the answers (HYPE), though I still think a lot of the 'why' won't be handled till VIII. It's fun to speculate though, even in a spoiler thread where we pretty much know everything, and yet know nothing about some of the key details. Yay.

I think Kylo lead the attack, we see him with his lightsaber, which we know was recently constructed (wouldn't be surprised if his was its first outing), and I think he wipes out Luke's pupils. The leaks pretty much refer to it as much. What we really don't know, is if Luke is there, is Rey there, and why was Rey shipped out and seemingly knows nothing of her family?

So what you're saying is Luke JUST went into hiding? I'm not arguing, just trying to get the timeline straight. If it is indeed a true flashback in the vision, that means Kylo, who is around the same age as Rey, JUST recently wiped out the school (which means no way Rey could've been there since she was left alone as small child) and Luke just recently went into hiding? So then why was Rey taken away, what, almost two decades prior when she was 5?

According to your view, timeline would go:

Rey, at age 5, is taken into hiding.
Kylo at some point leaves.
Luke continues teaching.
Kylo comes back to kill everyone (him and Rey are both now in their 20's). This also implies the school has been around until very recently.
Luke goes into hiding and Kylo is after him.

I always assumed the school went down in flames when Rey was a child which is why she was transported away and Luke has been hiding for years which, again, doesn't go along with Kylo destroying the school and having that lightsaber because, again, they're around the same age meaning that's either an insanely tall 5 year old, this school was around longer than I thought and was recently destroyed or it's a vision that has meaning but isn't exactly what happened.

The only reason I question it as a recent event is because Luke has been missing for a long time which to me implied many years and he gave up on the school when she was a child. Unless...Rey was actually around the whole time and saw the massacre. Her mind was altered by Luke and she knows how to use the falcon because she wasn't actually dropped off as a kid, she was lied to and hasn't been on Jakku for very long. It also awakened her memory of how to use a saber and the force.

Huh...

sphagnum

Banned
The Face of Evil mentions that Hosnian Prime is a "civilized" world, so I don't think that's where Luke is hiding. Combine that with one of the MSW leaks saying the New Republic began in the Hosnian system, which I think may be some confused information since it begins on Chandrila, and I think that perhaps Hosnian Prime is simply the current capital world of the NR during the time of TFA. It might just be on the map because of its relative importance to galactic politics rather than it specifically being in the movie.

Luke's world just may not be named yet for all we know. I would like it if his Academy was on Devaron though, since that would tie in nicely with The Weapon of a Jedi.

Nodnol

So what you're saying is Luke JUST went into hiding? I'm not arguing, just trying to get the timeline straight. If it is indeed a true flashback in the vision, that means Kylo, who is around the same age as Rey, JUST recently wiped out the school (which means no way Rey could've been there since she was left alone as small child) and Luke just recently went into hiding? So then why was Rey taken away, what, almost two decades prior when she was 5?

According to your view, timeline would go:

Rey, at age 5, is taken into hiding.
Kylo at some point leaves.
Luke continues teaching.
Kylo comes back to kill everyone (him and Rey are both now in their 20's). This also implies the school has been around until very recently.
Luke goes into hiding and Kylo is after him.

I always assumed the school went down in flames when Rey was a child which is why she was transported away and Luke has been hiding for years which, again, doesn't go along with Kylo destroying the school and having that lightsaber because, again, they're around the same age meaning that's either an insanely tall 5 year old, this school was around longer than I thought and was recently destroyed or it's a vision that has meaning but isn't exactly what happened.

The only reason I question it as a recent event is because Luke has been missing for a long time which to me implied many years and he gave up on the school when she was a child. Unless...Rey was actually around the whole time and saw the massacre. Her mind was altered by Luke and she knows how to use the falcon because she wasn't actually dropped off as a kid, she was lied to and hasn't been on Jakku for very long. It also awakened her memory of how to use a saber and the force.

Huh...

That order yes, but like I mentioned above, we don't really know the timescale.

One thing I would assume, is Kylo and Rey aren't the same age. Whilst Driver could pull off playing a younger character, and Ridley could conceivably be older too, I don't see it in their characters. I know nothing in trailers suggests Kylo's age, so I'm kinda just pulling something out my arse. That said, I don't see anything to suggest they are the same age either.

I would guess...

- Kylo is born not long after ROTJ, say 5/6 years. Someone who's reading the comics could possibly offer insight into how far forward it covers Leia and Han after those events, and give a better idea of how soon it could theoretically be. Han and Leia are in a far better place at the end of ROTJ to produce a kid, whereas Luke doesn't have a partner. I know that doesn't matter and Luke could just find anyone at any point, but from where the characters are at the end of ROTJ, it's a sensible guess that Han and Leia would have a kid before Luke.

- Kylo could quite easily be 18/19 at the time of the attack.

- If I were to guess at Rey's age, I'd say there's anywhere between 5-10 years between her and Kylo.

- I'd also guess that Luke has been MIA for ten years or so.

That's purely how I'm piecing it together in my head. I don't know anything more than anyone else that has read the storyboard or MSW. It's pretty much speculation, but I'm just trying to make sense of what the leaks suggest and how it ties together. The elephant in the room though, is Rey and why she was placed on Jakku, by whom and when.

Kylo could be 10 years older than Rey, not 5. Which could put him anywhere between 15-18 years old. The idea that he's leading the Knights of Ren on that mission at so young an age isn't entirely out of bounds, I don't think.

(edit: nodnol posted basically the exact same thing as I was writing this, heh)

That whole "vision" thing is so murky (and always has been) that even with about 2 weeks to go, we still don't know what the fuck any of it actually means or how it slots in. Maybe the novelization will leak soon and that can get straight up answered, who knows.

But the age gap between Kylo and Rey isn't known, of course. But Adam Driver is, himself, about 10 years older than Daisy Ridley, and likely could be playing even older than he actually is.

sphagnum

Banned
Here's the entire flashback sequence as MSW posted it in case it helps. The problem is that, unless it's not entirely in order, some of it doesn't seem to make sense like the battle between the "clan" and the "Seven" (Knights of Ren) being seen after the lightsaber already starts being passed around, unless it turns out that the "clan" really is a group on Jakku and not the Jedi, which would also require Kylo Ren to already have been on Jakku before and encountered Rey. It's just very messy. Note, Rose = the codename for Maz.

Interior Day Roses’s Pub – There is a secret underground chamber and Rose begins her tale to Han, Rey, and Finn. They hold hands.

Flashback: Interior Night at Academy – Dead bodies are on the ground. Luke turns up.

Flashback: Exterior Dusk at the Academy – It is noted it is peaceful now. Artoo-Detoo is saddened as his master departs.

Flashback: Exterior Day at the Savannah – A hand that takes the sword at the start of the film is revealed to be Naka’s hand.

Flashback: Exterior on the Savannah – A peasant’s hovel where the peasant drops the sword, starts a fire, panics and then returns.

Flashback: Exterior Desert – Local trader is seen leaving. (I believe it then cuts to Finn and Rey’s faces as the story unfolds).

Flashback: Exterior Day Desert – Local trader makes a sale to a wealthy man.

Flashback: Exterior Night Battlefield – Fierce battle! Sword is being use by the CLAN against THE SEVEN.

Flashback: Exterior Night: the last man is down and Kylo Renn approaches Rey!

Flashback: THE SEVEN are looting and we see Rose in the foreground taking “the object.”

Interior Day Roses’s Pub: In the underground chamber, Rose presents the saber and Rey is revolted by it while Finn is attracted to it.

Interior Day Roses’s Pub: Rey moves past aliens in an uproar as she leaves the establishment.

Interior Day Roses’s Pub: Courtyard: Rey runs away from the castle.

Exterior Day: Woods near Roses’s pub Rey runs into the woods.

Interior Day Roses’s Pub: Rose now knows why the saber “came to her.”

Exterior Day: Woods near Roses’s pub BB-8 finds Rey but suddenly the villains are overhead.

One thing that has confused people is Maz taking "the object" from the foreground. I wonder if this is actually just a scene transition, with the Knights looting the battlefield trying to find the lightsaber, which is on the ground, and we see Maz's hand reach down and grab it to break the "spell" of the vision as it transitions back into the pub, with her trying to hand the lightsaber to Rey.

Nodnol

Do we know who Naka is? Most likely a codename, if Rose is Maz. Who's the local trader, too?

I find it odd that the vision starts with the dead bodies, and the battle occurs afterwards.We obviously don't know Maz's narration, so maybe it jumps back and forth. Shows the aftermath and Luke leaving, followed by how the lightsaber was passed along until it reaches Jakku, including the battle that forces Luke to flee.

The last person to have it, before the battle it seems, is the "wealthy man". What an odd description. I wonder...I wonder if it's a wealthy "Republic credits will be fine" man type scenario, and Luke get's his old saber back.

I wonder if Kylo approaching Rey is merely symbolic, as well as an indication that Rey is simply viewing the events.

I think her revoltion is due to this apparent heirloom, being responsible for so much death.

I'm kinda venturing into the ramblings of a hype-filled fanboy. Think I need to just sit in a corner and rock back and forth for two weeks.

Adding on top of all the flashback talk, over at the TheForce.net some people have unlocked a whole new level of speculation after adjusting the image of Ren in the rain. He appears to be holding an object that looks a lot like lightsaber in his off-hand, and it looks awfully similar to Luke's ROTJ saber.

1442916132991.png

Nodnol

Adding on top of all the flashback talk, over at the TheForce.net some people have unlocked a whole new level of speculation after adjusting the image of Ren in the rain. He appears to be holding an object that looks a lot like lightsaber in his off-hand, and it looks awfully similar to Luke's ROTJ saber.

1442916132991.png

Kinda throws a spanner in the works...

It's been largely assumed that Kylo seeks the lightsaber throughout TFA as a means to track Luke.

1442916132991.png

This image isn't clear enough for me to tell what he's holding. Let alone it being a lightsaber and that it's Luke's second saber.

MattyG

Banned

1442916132991.png
It does kind of have a similar shape to his green lightsaber, but it looks too fat on the handle and too skinny at the top.

Guy.brush

No, some just see a repeat of A New Hope, but it's becoming obvious that they structured it more as a homage to the entire OT and Episodes VIII and IX will be more original stories (hopefully).

First Act of TFA: A New Hope (introduction to heroes, desert planet, a McGuffin)
Second Act of TFA: The Empire Strikes Back (snow planet, surprise Imperial attack)
Third Act: Return of the Jedi (A last minute victory for the heroes, Luke shows up and the Jedi come back into play)

There's even more stuff from the entire OT thrown in between. Themes from ROTJ come up in the second act, stuff from a TESB in the third etc., but it seems very likely this is what they went for.

Let's hope it works.

Bit worried about all the elements that seem to comprise the last 2 acts.
The verdict will be in how organic it feels to transition over to e.g. the speeder bike chase thing on Starkiller base in between all the other elements/action set pieces that are directly lift..rhymed with the OT.
From some leaks, Act2 and Act3 definitely feel more like kitchen sink rather than going with iconic 1-2 action scenes and making sure they are worth it.
In this regard TFA already seems to be more like a modern Marvel movie.

To be fair, Star Wars had 3 parallel battles going on in ROTJ. During TPM post-production Lucas realized he might have made a mistake with going for 4 which is just too many to get invested in.

Joeytj

Banned
Bit worried about all the elements that seem to comprise the last 2 acts.
The verdict will be in how organic it feels to transition over to e.g. the speeder bike chase thing on Starkiller base in between all the other elements/action set pieces that are directly lift..rhymed with the OT.
From some leaks, Act2 and Act3 definitely feel more like kitchen sink rather than going with iconic 1-2 action scenes and making sure they are worth it.
In this regard TFA already seems to be more like a modern Marvel movie.

To be fair, Star Wars had 3 parallel battles going on in ROTJ. During TPM post-production Lucas realized he might have made a mistake with going for 4 which is just too many to get invested in.

Yeah, 4 was just too much mostly because the rest of the movie was Lucas' clunky space-politics.

As far as we know, we have only two battles in the final arch of TFA, really. What's happening in the ground at Starkiller base and in space. Anything else are just variations of that arrangement that in theory shouldn't make it seem like TPM.

At the most we have three, where what's happening at Starkiller base becomes both the search for Rey and Han and Chewie's mission to blow up the super weapon. But from what we know, they overlap as much.

TheForce.net JC speculation isn't much to go on. There's a 13-page thread over there where they're still trying to convince themselves the MSW leaks aren't real.

MattyG

Banned
I'm still really curious how Poe fits into everything. So far all I know for sure is that Kylo tortures him and he plays a hand in Finn's escape. Beyond that, he seems like a pretty unknown quantity.

I'm still really curious how Poe fits into everything. So far all I know for sure is that Kylo tortures him and he plays a hand in Finn's escape. Beyond that, he seems like a pretty unknown quantity.

He's the closest to being one-dimensional in the film. He's in the opening, helps Finn escape and helps fend off the First Order in a couple of scenes at the end with his squadron. I'm guessing they're going to expand his role in the sequels.

sphagnum

Banned

He's basically Wedge++ in this movie. I'd expect him to get a bigger role in 8 and 9.

He heads to Jakku to get the lightsaber (or maybe just a kyber crystal and Maz has the lightsaber? Hard to tell now with that one illustration showing Lor San Tekka putting something in his hand that is clearly smaller than a lightsaber), gets caught in the raid by Kylo's forces but hands off the package to BB8. He's taken to the Finalizer and tortured for information, and when Finn decides to defect he gets him out of the brig and they hijack a Special Forces TIE together. The TIE gets shot down on Jakku and Finn thinks that Poe is dead so he takes his jacket and plods off into the desert. Somehow Poe gets off Jakku and reappears on Takodana just in time to help save the day by riding in with his X-Wing squadron, then heads to D'Qar to rejoin the Resistance. He leads his squadron in the space and atmosphere battles over Starkiller Base. His group survives when Hux uses "the array" and wipes out nearly all the First Order and Resistance ships, and they destroy the superweapon by bombing it after Finn lowers its shields withe the lightsaber.

He's basically Wedge++ in this movie. I'd expect him to get a bigger role in 8 and 9.

He heads to Jakku to get the lightsaber (or maybe just a kyber crystal and Maz has the lightsaber? Hard to tell now with that one illustration showing Lor San Tekka putting something in his hand that is clearly smaller than a lightsaber), gets caught in the raid by Kylo's forces but hands off the package to BB8. He's taken to the Finalizer and tortured for information, and when Finn decides to defect he gets him out of the brig and they hijack a Special Forces TIE together. The TIE gets shot down on Jakku and Finn thinks that Poe is dead so he takes his jacket and plods off into the desert. Somehow Poe gets off Jakku and reappears on Takodana just in time to help save the day by riding in with his X-Wing squadron, then heads to D'Qar to rejoin the Resistance. He leads his squadron in the space and atmosphere battles over Starkiller Base. His group survives when Hux uses "the array" and wipes out nearly all the First Order and Resistance ships, and they destroy the superweapon by bombing it after Finn lowers its shields withe the lightsaber.

I just realized, there's no scene explaining how Poe gets off Jakku. Another HMMM....

iosefe

They should make a new Y-Wing based on the original concept art: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...Q-ywing.png/revision/latest?cb=20130308044453

(I know The Clone Wars Y-wing was based on this but it is too hightech-y, IMO.)

the idea is that during the clone wars, it was the "stock model" with armor plating, but by the time of the galactic civil war, when the rebels got their hands on them a lot of the armor plating was removed to make maintenence easier

kaiju

Kudos to Disney/Lucasfilm, a few weeks out from release and there's still so much we don't know about this movie (Act 3, Luke, Vader's mask, Rey/Finn/Poe/Kylo's lineage, etc.).

Not an easy feat in this day and age.

Kudos to Disney/Lucasfilm, a few weeks out from release and there's still so much we don't know about this movie (Act 3, Luke, Vader's mask, Rey/Finn/Poe/Kylo's lineage, etc.).

Not an easy feat in this day and age.

I think we know most of those things.

You may not want to be in this thread.

chaislip3

It's pretty bizarre at this point that people are still doubting the MSW synopsis. I mean, I figured that it would stop when the second teaser came out, when a bunch of scenes described in the shot list were in it. Nope.

Then the trailer came out a couple months ago and more scenes from the shot list were confirmed. Nah, still just "guesswork". I swear some people are still gonna be in denial even after they see the movie.

BS.

You're telling me you know everything about Act 3? Get out of here. It's still all speculation.

Every commercial, trailer, picture and merchandise has confirmed everything. I can tell you act 3 in detail thanks to the leaks matching up with exact shots in these releases.

And Adam Driver playing Ford's son makes sense when you look at their faces at the same age. I never even thought to do that until recently.

Tookay

Pretty crazy that, excluding MSW obtaining the call sheets (which was a huge leak, don't get me wrong), we'd know very little about this movie.

It's pretty bizarre at this point that people are still doubting the MSW synopsis. I mean, I figured that it would stop when the second teaser came out, when a bunch of scenes described in the shot list were in it. Nope.

Then the trailer came out a couple months ago and more scenes from the shot list were confirmed. Nah, still just "guesswork". I swear some people are still gonna be in denial even after they see the movie.

People will see the movie a week from Monday. Even if they talk about it afterwards, the deniers will still claim it's all guesswork or misinformation and there's secretly a lost third act that's nothing but Luke wrecking Kylo.

These delusional people have no problem accepting the 1st or 2nd act of the shot list, but they claim nothing is known about the third act to maintain their Luke delusions. That's despite the soundtrack listing pretty much confirming the outline.

BS.

You're telling me you know everything about Act 3? Get out of here. It's still all speculation.

Act 3 is detailed here. It's not speculation, it's what's listed in the shot list:
http://makingstarwars.net/2015/07/h...the-force-awakens-one-sleeps-and-one-awakens/

chaislip3

People will see the movie a week from Monday. Even if they talk about it afterwards, the deniers will still claim it's all guesswork or misinformation and there's secretly a lost third act that's nothing but Luke wrecking Kylo.

These delusional people have no problem accepting the 1st or 2nd act of the shot list, but they claim nothing is known about the third act to maintain their Luke delusions. That's despite the soundtrack listing pretty much confirming the outline.

That's pretty much what it boils down to. If it doesn't feature Luke kicking Kylo Ren's ass and/or Han surviving, it's misinformation. I mean, I'm pretty sure that Luke will have his moment to shine in VIII or IX.

But some people just feel like these characters are getting the shaft just because they aren't front and center for the whole thing. There are some people on TFN that honestly believe that Luke's role won't increase in VIII, which is absurd. It's weird.

Top Bottom