• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

CzarTim

I hope they add better healing coms to PVP soon. Healers should get kill credits for the kills the people they are healing do.

I've hit about 6 of those patched things already, so that's good.

Glad to see they've put more into winning warzones. I had a lot of fun in pvp before launch but now every game has people just standing around or 5 people guarding one point when we have lost the other two.

Garryk

Why didn't they fix the bug that sets "Show Sith Corruption" to active every time I load a new zone? My Chiss looks awful with the pale, veiny skin.

jesus this game is taking along time to download. I am downloading "game assets 1" right now been doing it all day, have 1 gig left. I presume there will be more "assets" to download afterwards :(

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
257684-samus_snake_high_five.png

This is pretty much me and my friend's relationship in the game (I'm the agent and his female companion is the bounty hunter). COOP is so damn nice in this <3

border

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that there was an iPhone app that allows you to send your companions on missions while you're out and about in the real world.

Is this true? Where's the app?

Sethos

Banned
Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that there was an iPhone app that allows you to send your companions on missions while you're out and about in the real world.

Is this true? Where's the app?

I believe they were talking about some sort of RDP app to your computer, not an actual application that works directly with the game.

Ken

A few things...

There is no level requirement to get slicing, you can get it at level 1 but your alt will probably only have 1 companion which isn't very efficient. It would make more sense for you to just advance your main until you have another companion unless you plan to level your alt too, or you already have all the companions on your main.

I really don't see a huge nerf to slicing coming. The only thing that really needs to change is the lack of a crew skill cap tied to your character level. This problem is really evident with slicing, when you're getting level 50 boxes at level 15 but in the future it will be just as much of a problem with all of the crew skills when the high level goods from other skills are valuable as well.
Do your companions get their own crafting skills separate from what you have? I haven't gotten into the game yet but slicing sounded really appealing to me (I always have money problems in MMOs) but I'd much rather take a gathering skill that let's me get stuff for armors and weapons (for a Trooper). If I could just buy armor and weapons with the money from slicing though, then I'd probably go with slicing. How does slicing make money? I'm guessing through selling things at the auction house?

Zertez

They definitely lowered the amount of people they allow on servers. The longest que Ive ever had was less than 10 mins, but now it is over 30 minutes and it isnt even prime time hours yet.

LowParry

They definitely lowered the amount of people they allow on servers. The longest que Ive ever had was less than 10 mins, but now it is over 30 minutes and it isnt even prime time hours yet.

It's the weekend. Most people probably have the time off. Christmas is in two days. Strangely enough, I've seen bigger cues on the morning than evening. Go fig.

Emitan

Just noticed they patched Taris. AFTER I'M DONE WITH IT!!!

Also, sorry I haven't been on. Visiting family and I don't want to start playing only to get interrupted constantly so I've only been doing 3DS gaming (everybody get Mighty Flip Champs!)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty good interview here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCHgrEnkQ14

Covers a lot of my concerns regarding end game content. Apparently they have a shit load of storyline based quests in the pipeline. They also have long term contracts with most of the voice actors and are already recording new lines of dialogue for future patches.

Great interview, thanks for that. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the future content has got the voice recordings done already for later use.

sangreal

Do your companions get their own crafting skills separate from what you have? I haven't gotten into the game yet but slicing sounded really appealing to me (I always have money problems in MMOs) but I'd much rather take a gathering skill that let's me get stuff for armors and weapons (for a Trooper). If I could just buy armor and weapons with the money from slicing though, then I'd probably go with slicing. How does slicing make money? I'm guessing through selling things at the auction house?

The reason slicing is so popular actually is because you don't have to sell things through the AH. Slicing does give you items (crew skill missions and augments), but its popularity comes from the fact that it gives you lockboxes containing straight credits.

Anyways, to answer the rest... You can definitely buy items while leveling with the money you'll make off slicing. Your companions share your skills with you. Instead of a system where you stand there and craft, you send your companions to do it and they come back X minutes later with the item. Gathering works the same way (for a fee), except you can also find gathering nodes in the wild like in other games. There are some materials that can only be obtained by sending off your companion on a gathering mission.

You can have 3 skills, 1 of which can be a crafting skill. The downside of slicing is that it doesn't provide you with the materials you need if you pick up a crafting skill since the crafting skills all require 2 other gathering skills. You can of course buy them on the AH with the money you make from slicing though.

Sorry, not the best explanation. In short, slicing is the road for fast money early on. The crafting/gathering skills will probably net you more money in the long run but require more effort and a healthy server economy

Up to level 10, most fun I've had with an MMO in a while, probably since planetside. The storyline content is really good, much better than I expected from an MMO.

BTW how do I get into the GAF guild?

sangreal

Up to level 10, most fun I've had with an MMO in a while, probably since planetside. The storyline content is really good, much better than I expected from an MMO.

BTW how do I get into the GAF guild?

Dude, not only is the answer in the OP but it was literally asked and answered 4 posts ago

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I read through the OP, didn't see who to message. I didn't see the latest posts though, thanks.
OP said:
Guilds

GAF: North American Republic on Keller's Void

Leader: CzarTim (Jaina, Trooper)
Officer: Billychu (Saayli, Smuggler)
Officer: Trouble (CharName, Class)
Officer: The_Inquisitor (CharName, Class)
Officer: Jbird34 (Jbird, Jedi Knight)
Officer: cartoon_soldier (Kumar, Jedi Consular)

The GAF Empire: North American Empire on Keller's Void

Leader: fernboi (CharName, Class)
Officer: HarryDemeanor (CharName, Class)

NeoGAF: European Republic on Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Leader: Fonds (CharName, Class)
Officer: Schizoid (CharName, Class)
Officer: Tizzle-NL (CharName, Class)
Officer: Grimbi (CharName, Class)
Officer: Akyan (CharName, Class)

NeoGAF Empire: European Empire on Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Leader: Woorloog (Soh'jin, Class)

First time doing a warzone on my Gunslinger. Went 40-2 :D

For me the Gunslinger is way more enjoyable then my previous Inquisitor.

Just let me sit back and blast people.

And being Republic makes my warzone queue about 10 seconds.

Windu

a 2h 24m slicing quest? mother of god

HUy9N.jpg

Their point is that it says CharName for some of them

According to other posts, fernboi = Villeon and HarryDemeanor = Villeon
ah ok. shitty guilds anyway. The american republic guild is all that matters. Maybe someday i will decide to make a alt on that server.

edit: btw, they can always pm the people on gaf. probably the best way so you just have people that are registered gaf members.

Windu

Looks like a bue/purple missions. Speaking of level 50 slicing missions, has anyone seen above abundant yield for normal missions? I have to drop down to 41-48 to get a rich yield
i've seen a few where i get 5k or whatever, don't remember which ones they were though.

Top Bottom