• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Lord Phol

The pvp in this game is driving me crazy, so much cc and they last forever. Add some weird random lag (even with good fps and ms at ~60) and it's just really frustrating to play.

Edit: And Commandos/mercenaries are annoying as hell plus having level 10s go up against 30+ is just stupid.

Okey now I've vented *takes a deep breath*.

Jarmel

Banned
The pvp in this game is driving me crazy, so much cc and they last forever. Add some weird random lag (even with good fps and ms at ~60) and it's just really frustrating to play.

Edit: And Commandos/mercenaries are annoying as hell plus having level 10s go up against 30+ is just stupid.

As a melee class, I'm done with PvP in this game.

Trouble

Banned
Sorc is soooo the launch-era Shaman of SWTOR, dripping with cheese, haha.

Being a launch era Shaman was fun! When I was lvl58 I dueled a friend who was a lvl60 War. I did it naked without a weapon and won. :lol

Frost Shock... kite... Frost Shock... kite... Frost Shock... kite...

vilmer_

It certainly is ridiculous. I'm a Jedi Guardian (focus) and Warzone's are such a thorn in my asshole. I really have no idea why they don't have brackets for pvp... Really, really horrible decision.

ksimm

Woohoo! lvl 25 Sith Jug now with extra speeder :D
Nar Shaddaa is really different, love all the neon lights and the sense of scale when zipping around on the taxis.

Alex

With brackets they'd probably hit long queue issues, especially in the future with PvP. It's same server only, afterall. Back before WoW's PvP went cross realm, it had 20-30 minute queues for it's brackets.

I think it's OK as it is, myself. What they should probably do is take a second pass at ability levels, the Jedi and Sith ones especially are very stilted and don't come into their own until the mid-30's from what I can tell.

That and put a small boot up the Sage/Sorc's ass. I don't want to get into this hotfix and tidal waves of nerf shit again though, just fix the obvious stuff early on and hopefully make changes more through buffs and adjustments than slamming people down. It doesn't need to be chess, just let skill shine through in the end and give everyone times where they feel really powerful and have fun.

CzarTim

With brackets they'd probably hit long queue issues, especially in the future with PvP. It's same server only, afterall. Back before WoW's PvP went cross realm, it had 20-30 minute queues for it's brackets.

I think it's OK as it is, myself. What they should probably do is take a second pass at ability levels, the Jedi and Sith ones especially are very stilted and don't come into their own until the mid-30's from what I can tell.

That and put a small boot up the Sage/Sorc's ass. I don't want to get into this hotfix and tidal waves of nerf shit again though, just fix the obvious stuff early on and hopefully make changes more through buffs and adjustments than slamming people down. It doesn't need to be chess, just let skill shine through in the end and give everyone times where they feel really powerful and have fun.

And be nice to us healers :(

J-Rzez

BH/Trooper > Consular/Inq > Knight/War > Smug/IA

Especially if you play a sniper for example in PVP, it's the most annoying thing in the world. Sure, it's fun to pop away at people, but after your burst it's over. Plus most people aren't stupid, and everyone has a way to get you out of cover, thus negating your higher damage abilities, opposed to say BH's that just wreck faces in warzones.

The PVP "level balancing" is a load as well. Been PVP'ing up to lvl 34 now, and it's not odd at all to see BH's/Consulars topping the damage done/kills, as they've been topping those stats since my lvl 10 experiences. Whenever I top, or come in the top 3 in damage, I feel like I accomplished something.

I agree there are too many CC's, and those of too long lengths. Granted, I will say a Sniper/Gunslinger/Caster should have the most snares/roots, but they have one more than they should, plus the other classes have far too many/long CCs. They need to put up diminishing returns on those.

Funny watching a lvl 13 BH guildie come into a WZ with me and top the charts by nearly 100k damage done compared to even me being rarely left alone. Unless things radically change come 50, PVP is a broken imbalanced mess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So, still having the same inconsistent frame rate issues I had in beta. Outside? Great FPS! Inside? BAAAAAD FPS

Any fixes? My brother's having the same problems. I've tried adjusting graphics up and down, but it makes no difference.

Ferny

I'll send Billy a PM on this later but if anyone needs any invites for the GAF Empire side on KV:

Myself: Villeon
Harry: Verigan
DTX: Dignus
Somnia: Somnia or Alicar? (Not by the game sorry Som)
JWong: Sona if I remember correctly.

That's all the officers in the guild right now. Atleast one officer is always on so ask someone in the game (/who GAF Empire) and you'll get in.

Cystm

RASXZ.jpg

@ the PvP hate.

It's not hard as melee to stay on top of your target, and while yes, it certainly is not easy... Just.. You know: "L2Play" and all that.

Sith War / Jedi Knight: You have snares and you have CC. Is it as robust as ranged classes? Fuck no. You are melee, deal with it.

Spamstring

Chilling Scream -> Savage Kick

Force Crush.

There are more.

Sith Inquisitor / Jedi Consular: You have a fucking AoE snare on top of all the CC lockdowns you get. You don't get to complain about CC. You have CC out the ass. Use it.

Melee is fine.

Rant:

Battlegrounds are and always will be in general a clusterfuck of dipshits and assholes rolling their faces on their keyboards trying to get kills. Start a premade, hop in vent/skype, and communicate.

But don't cry about being melee in a random BG, that's just ridiculous. "I am being targeted by all the CC, FUCK THIS GAME" Sorry you don't get to last hit the random guy with low health, but it's a team oriented mode not a "I press buttons and kill shit, so therefore I win" mode. Be glad the other team is blowing all their CC on you and not the healer healing you or the ball carrier or the 9 other fucking people on your team.

/Fucking rant.

CzarTim

when the other team targets me, I know I'm doing something right. One thing about same server pvp is you start to recognize names and develop strategies.

Miragith

I've been playing Sniper on The Fatman and it's been a lot of fun. But then again, it's getting quite lonely. I think I might reroll on KV to play with GAF.

Anyone know if having my brother in America for me on my own origin account(the key should still come to my email right?) would screw me over somehow?

I really wanna get this game...

Trasher

Anyone know if there is something wrong with nvidia cards and this game? My player models are all screwy looking. I can't run the game at max, but when I turn things lower to make it more manageable, it runs fine except for the player models looking funky. Any ideas? Do I need a certain driver update?

markatisu

Anyone know if there is something wrong with nvidia cards and this game? My player models are all screwy looking. I can't run the game at max, but when I turn things lower to make it more manageable, it runs fine except for the player models looking funky. Any ideas? Do I need a certain driver update?

Try updating the driver, also if you have force enabled AA through the ini it might have some issues

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So, still having the same inconsistent frame rate issues I had in beta. Outside? Great FPS! Inside? BAAAAAD FPS

Any fixes? My brother's having the same problems. I've tried adjusting graphics up and down, but it makes no difference.

This for me. I never played the beta, but the performance on this game is dogshit. Outside FRAPS tells me I am running over 60fps; inside it's less than 12fps. Beyond that there is a constant hitch going on with everything I do. Move the mouse and it hitches, do any action and it hitches. Taking cover works half the time at best. I often hit hotkeys twice just to ensure that my action actually performs. This is regardless of max settings or with everything set to 'ugliest'.

I want my money back. Game does not feel ready for primetime.

gatti-man

This for me. I never played the beta, but the performance on this game is dogshit. Outside FRAPS tells me I am running over 60fps; inside it's less than 12fps. Beyond that there is a constant hitch going on with everything I do. Move the mouse and it hitches, do any action and it hitches. Taking cover works half the time at best. I often hit hotkeys twice just to ensure that my action actually performs. This is regardless of max settings or with everything set to 'ugliest'.

I want my money back. Game does not feel ready for primetime.

It would help if you guys posted settings and hardware specs. Game runs at a smooth 60fps for me with everything set to max and ini tweaks.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It would help if you guys posted settings and hardware specs. Game runs at a smooth 60fps for me with everything set to max and ini tweaks.

i7 920
Radeon HD 4890
9GB DDR3 RAM

There is a 200 page thread on the SWTOR forums detailing the issue at large. Some of us are affected and others not. One of the mods in the mega thread posted that the issue is recognized and a fix is incoming at least.

That's what world instancing gets you.

The game would be unplayable without instance in the world. So many areas of the game with people doing the same quests and often stuck waiting for your quest objective to respawn even in the current state of "seems empty".

The worlds also are far bigger than what many people claimed they were during beta, and the level brackets of the planets are not very spread out so players can quickly skip a planet and go other places. You level up quick in the game and there is over abundance of quests that can be skipped so players are bouncing around easily. Starting areas especially would look extra ridiculous with the insane amount of clones of you and your same companion. The instancing keeps it down a bit. Story wise it also is pretty jarring to the illusion when your questing and you have multiple other groups with companions running around in the same spot.

Is anyone else bugged as shit at all of the jedi/sith players? I knew they would be the most popular, but this is ridiculous.

No.... why does it matter? Half the classes are force users. The setting is pretty much focused on a period where there is thousands of them on each side.

KorrZ

Is anyone else bugged as shit at all of the jedi/sith players? I knew they would be the most popular, but this is ridiculous.

It's Star Wars dude. Most people want to live out the fantasy of being a Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader. People don't really fantasize about being Commander Cody.

I've seen a lot of Sith on my server but honestly the real surprise to me is how many Bounty Hunters there are, just a god damn flood of them all over the place. Imperial Agent seems to be the class that hardly anyone is playing.

AeroGod

Having one of your dudes botch a 2+ hour crafting missions is one of the most heartbreaking things ive ever come across in an MMO. :(

Top Bottom