• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

You're giving them waaaay too much credit dude. I've been fallowing the game, played in the closed beta, and I didn't find out until after hearing about it here.. and even then not until much much later... like yesterday.

I'm not letting it get me down, but you shouldn't really defend them, because it's kind of shady.

It was mentioned constantly during the comic con and (I thought) it was common knowledge, we will all get in eventually, its annoying but lets just remain patient.

Anyway going to be making a Sith sorceror, was a healer in DC universe and really enjoyed it, apparently I was quite good at it too, my old league wouldn't really raid unless I was there healing the hell out of them as the other healers we had were pretty lacklustre.

isny

napkin dispenser
Four hours later and only two waves of early access? Guess I'm not getting on today =/ (Entered my code on July 30th)

Four hours later and only two waves of early access? Guess I'm not getting on today =/ (Entered my code on July 30th)

Have faith. A shit load of people probably registered on the first few days and the same amount are probably spread out over the next few months.

markatisu

I watched a youtube video of a guy running Witcher 2, which has similar specs to TOR. It was serviceable, but not great. Bootcamp is a memory hog. It's running two OSs in parallel. I'd rather run it natively or in a Wineskin.

I just wish Bioware would ask Blizzard how they get all their games to run on Windows and Mac.

You don't even know what you are talking about. Your statement could not be anymore misinformed

Bootcamp is simply the assistant that allows you to install Windows natively and give you access to that partition in Windows and vice versa.

When you are running "bootcamp" you are running Windows, it installs in its own partition and the computer boots as a regular PC would boot. It has no ties to OSX whatsoever

You are thinking of Parallels or Virtual PC, the only resources "bootcamp" will hog is the same ones Windows does naturally

The drivers are better under Windows so thinking a Wineskin is better is just sad, OS X has better overall performance but its graphic drivers for Mac cards stinks and that is a big part of gaming

Damn it. I actually got to log in before going to work and reserved some names. I can't believe how slow today is going. I WANNA PLAY! Thankfully, I have Friday and all of next week off. It's going to be a very Star Wars Christmas!

You don't even know what you are talking about. Your statement could not be anymore misinformed

Bootcamp is simply the assistant that allows you to install Windows natively and give you access to that partition in Windows.

When you are running "bootcamp" you are running Windows

You are thinking of Parallels or Virtual PC

The drivers are better under Windows so thinking a Wineskin is better is just sad, OS X has better overall performance but its graphic drivers for Mac cards stinks and that is a big part of gaming

Hmm, I'm wondering if my late November 2010 Macbook Air (11") can run this at all. I seriously doubt it.

It runs WoW just fine.

I don't mind eating up 20gigs of space on it just for this game since I only use it for browsing and writing when I'm away from home.

Cystm

No email.....

sA60p.jpg

so I have the preorder code redeemed and got the invitation email, but is it normal to get "no active subscription" on the client? What should I expect now? Another email?

Moaradin

They are sending out the 3rd wave. I just got in and I preordered July 23th. So far,

first wave: July 21
second wave: July 22
third wave: July 23-?

Ketch

I watched a youtube video of a guy running Witcher 2, which has similar specs to TOR.

Witcher 2 (from Steam)
Minimum:
Processor: Intel 2.2 GHz Dual-Core or AMD 2.5 GHz Dual-Core
Memory: 1.5 GB (Win XP), 2GB (Win Vista/Win 7)
Graphics: GeForce 8800 (512 MB) or Radeon HD3850 (512 MB)

Recommended:
Processor: Intel or AMD Quad-Core
Memory: 3 GB (Win XP), 4GB (Win Vista/Win 7)
Graphics: GeForce 260 (1 GB) or Radeon HD 4850 (1 GB)

SWTOR (from Origin)
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
Operating System: Windows XP / Vista / 7RAM, Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM, Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
Video Card: minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better, ATI X1800 or better , nVidia 7800 or better, Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

I don't know why I looked this all up because I don't know enough about computers to compare them. halp.

Witcher 2 (from Steam)
Minimum:
Processor: Intel 2.2 GHz Dual-Core or AMD 2.5 GHz Dual-Core
Memory: 1.5 GB (Win XP), 2GB (Win Vista/Win 7)
Graphics: GeForce 8800 (512 MB) or Radeon HD3850 (512 MB)

Recommended:
Processor: Intel or AMD Quad-Core
Memory: 3 GB (Win XP), 4GB (Win Vista/Win 7)
Graphics: GeForce 260 (1 GB) or Radeon HD 4850 (1 GB)

SWTOR (from Origin)
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
Operating System: Windows XP / Vista / 7RAM, Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM, Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
Video Card: minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better, ATI X1800 or better , nVidia 7800 or better, Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

I don't know why I looked this all up because I don't know enough about computers to compare them. halp.

Ok, I think my Macbook Air might have a shot. Just need to install Windows on it.

Jezbollah

If I dont get an email on the forth wave, I'll be frustrated.

I pre-ordered and got the early release, and registered my code on the 21st July.

Let's see what happens...

If I dont get an email on the forth wave, I'll be frustrated.

I pre-ordered and got the early release, and registered my code on the 21st July.

Let's see what happens...

Maybe it got caught up in something, you should just try logging in to the client.

@Rockjaw Stephen Reid
@ScottMachin @Thaded Four waves planned so far - day isn't over yet. We're already seeing fairly full servers, so it's going great so far.

hopefully things go smooth enough to allow more waves

Krelian29

Third wave was sent just now
from facebook : Star Wars: The Old Republic
The third wave of Early Game Access emails have been sent, one more to go!

No dice on the email. Not gonna complain. I got 7 free days in that other MMO that is really really popular that is about to get a new expansion with pandas, so I have something to sedate my appetite.

isny

napkin dispenser
It just shows you, if they're going this slow, people who preordered anytime after August probably won't get any early access at all.

Ketch

Anyone else hoping the 4th wave just opens the flood gate?

Edit: They didn't say one more today... they just said one more to go... could be everybody, just sayin.

Sent

For today.

Well they have let in 3 days of people out of......145 days

If I ordered in July and didn't get in day one I'd be pissed, and so far it looks like they won't get everyone from July...which is mind bogglin to me yea! (/randysavage)

It just shows you, if they're going this slow, people who preordered anytime after August probably won't get any early access at all.

And like I've said, a lot of people rushed to preorder on the first couple of days. After that I'm sure that the preorder amounts are spread out over the rest of the months.

Once they get through that initial batch of day one/two preorders, I'm sure they will start covering larger swaths of people.

Well they have let in 3 days of people out of......145 days

See above.

I imagine the pre-order numbers are largely front loaded. With a shit load of people preordering in the first few days. The numbers will drop drastically at some point allowing for larger groups of people covering more than one day to be in a single wave.

Those of you who were late signing up for The GAF Empire guild can contact me in-game.

My name is Verigan and we're on the Keller's Void server.

Arandur

Someone is playing without seeing the game in Origin?

Some months ago, I registered the preorder in swtor.com and all seems ok there, but I never see it in Origin. I'm sure i'm fucked :/.

Top Bottom