• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Kintaco

Wow, even the forums have queues! WTF!? I was trying to read up on the slicing nerf and this is what I got.
3VhwBl.jpg

Ricker

It's really just about learning what everything you do does and understanding what your capabilities are. People underestimate the complexity of hotkey MMO games because WoW is so prevalent, but there's an incredible amount of information to internalize before you'd be considered proficient in the game.

Important things for tackling more challenging enemies:

1. Stay out of the fire/aoe/poison/bad things the enemy does.

2. One decent thing TOR does is put the 'activation bar' for enemy abilities right above their portrait when you're targeting them. This portrait is to the right of your main ability quickslot bar. The activation bar will tell you the enemy is about to use a more powerful ability; if you have a stun, knockback, or interrupt you may want to use it then (On more powerful enemies you may have to figure out which of their abilities are worth interrupting).

3. Not wasting time. This isn't meant to be critical but if you're a new player to a game like this you're probably wasting time. Once your hotkeys become more routine (muscle memory helps a lot) and you understand why you're doing what you're doing then you'll activate your abilities instinctively based on the situation.

In addition to this just making sure you're using the best possible gear will help. I'd give you more specific tips but I can't recall that particular enemy giving my friend and I (Inquisitor/Warrior respectively) any real trouble. Did you both pick up your advanced classes in the imperial fleet before trying the dungeon? That would give you a couple new abilities that might make a big difference.

Good luck and keep at it, undermanning content is one of the most fun things you can do. Right now my friend and I have 2 manned every heroic 4 (With a companion most of the time) and it's fun figuring out how we can pull it off.

Thanks for the tips,yeah we got our advanced classes but the only healing I have doesn't actually heal a lot for now hehe...I think it's the AoE that killed us or something,we probably just tanked and spanked without checking anything else.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Go to the fleet after hoth and you can grab the Alderaan Bouns Series 40ish lvl quest and a cool title

Guess I'll have to get it later, heh. Sitting at 80% through 49 with all of Corellia done. Not enough people on Hoth to do the bonus series heroics unfortunately.

cackhyena

So I'm getting this tomorrow. If i sign up for that main NA server everyone says to, am I still gonna get hit with queues? Just wondering if that stuff has eased up a bit.

Moaradin

Queues are resonable now, and they added a grace period so if you disconnect, you don't need to sit in a queue again. Currently the most populated server has a 15 minute queue at max (usually doesn't even take that long) down from 5 hour queues last week.

Jrmint

Anyone else having troubles logging in to create a new account? Just got the game and I'm trying to set up my initial account, but it is not logging in with my name and password.

GAF: North American Republic on Keller's Void
Leader: CzarTim (Jaina, Trooper)
Officer: Billychu (Saayli, Smuggler)
Officer: Trouble (Sylas, Jedi Shadow)
Officer: The_Inquisitor (CharName, Class)
Officer: Jbird34 (Jbird, Jedi Knight)
Officer: cartoon_soldier (Kumar, Jedi Consular)

There you go. Just send a whisper to one of them.

Wow what is going on with this patch? Absolutely killed my framerate. Getting 20fps at Jedi Temple in Coruscant. Wasn't like this last night, I don't think.

2600k @ 4.5
8GB RAM

LiK

Hmm, not sure what's wrong with the messaging.

Anyway, my character name is Lacey and I'm a Jedi Sentinel. Please send me invite someone. Thanks.

Yeah the person needs to be online to receive the message. I think you can do a /who GAF and get a list of people on in the guild to ask for a invite.

LiK

Got the invite just now. Thanks Elynara

Ah, so the dude I saw running around earlier was Kumar aka cartoon_soldier

How does binding work exactly? It seems that I can only fast travel to a bind point of the zone I am in already. Is this true?

):

Wow what is going on with this patch? Absolutely killed my framerate. Getting 20fps at Jedi Temple in Coruscant. Wasn't like this last night, I don't think.

2600k @ 4.5
8GB RAM
Wow, that is alarming.

Neverfade

How does binding work exactly? It seems that I can only fast travel to a bind point of the zone I am in already. Is this true?

):

Wow, that is alarming.

With the quick travel skill, yes. You also have an emergency fleet pass that takes you to the fleet with an 18hr cool down. Additionally, you can add a security key for access to the security vendor who sells fleet pass items for 1k a pop.

Wallach

I'm sticking with Slicing for now just because Biochem doesn't benefit a ton from Diplomacy. Picking up the boxes on planets is(was?) a pretty decent bonus. I'll swap things around later depending on what the economy looks like after I've maxed Bio/Bio.

I think if you're just using Biochem to craft your own stuff, this is sort of true. You lose the ability to make any profit off Biochem on the GTN without Diplomacy, though.

Dunlop

Just got my grand poohbah title for finishing the Bounty Hunter story line (act 1?), how to I trigger more story events. I am assuming going back to the enclave?

I know I can just check but loading planets takes forever for some reason (havent played since the patch but i am assuming it will be worse if anything) so I was gonna go do some PVP and flashpoints

Where I can buy a digital copy cheap enough? I'm european, so probably it would be better somewhere when I can pay in dollars (assuming the game codes are universal).

Duress

Who the fuck came up with this Balmorra puzzle quest? I don't mind it being a puzzle, but making elites spawn there and making it a group quest, that's just bullshit. Not worth the time.

Zafir

Who the fuck came up with this Balmorra puzzle quest? I don't mind it being a puzzle, but making elites spawn there and making it a group quest, that's just bullshit. Not worth the time.

Can't be as bad as the Colicoid War Games Flashpoint. It wasn't hard or anything, it was just tedious. I mean I like that they tried to innovate by adding minigames and puzzles, but they were just blergh.

Can someone send me an invite to the NA Imperial guild? I tried doing a /t to members but couldn't find anyone online. Character name is Ondine, level 16 sniper. I'm so lonely. T_T

timkunedo

did a bit of slicing earlier and didn't notice any change. I wasn't getting big payoffs anyway. My slicing is probably around 150-ish.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Can someone send me an invite to the NA Imperial guild? I tried doing a /t to members but couldn't find anyone online. Character name is Ondine, level 16 sniper. I'm so lonely. T_T

No officers on at the moment. Iwas looking for one to let my alt Rene in too.

Top Bottom