• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

AppleMIX

God... I want this game.... But I don't wanna spend $60...

On a side note. Which class/gender/has the best VA? I remember playing a bit of the Jedi 'mage' class in Beta and found his voice intolerable.

Female Imperial Agent is good.

I'm pretty sure you just happened to pick the worst gender/class combo.

Zafir

Ergh. Got this diplomacy bug, where Quinn failed a diplomacy mission, and it gave me a decimal amount of dark points. Now my dark alignment is to 10 decimal places.

JWong

Banned
So I found this interesting headpiece that doesn't make me look bald, but kinda makes me look old school agent-like.

xdZie.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
God... I want this game.... But I don't wanna spend $60...

On a side note. Which class/gender/has the best VA? I remember playing a bit of the Jedi 'mage' class in Beta and found his voice intolerable.

The Jedi Consular? But that's Nolan North!

EGG

Neo Member
Female Imperial Agent is good.

I'm pretty sure you just happened to pick the worst gender/class combo.

That's the exact one I'm playing, and it's pretty awesome. No complaints so far, and the first companion is also pretty funny.

Truant

Bounty Hunter is by far the most fun class to actually play. Story is pretty bad compared to the Agent, but then again the agent isn't that fun in combat.

The Jedi Consular? But that's Nolan North!

fuck. No wonder it sounds familiar ;)

I guess it's probably due to jedi starting zone being... pretty boring and the quest dialog and what not are kinda boring.

I'm hearing good stuff on empire side... Do the republic 'story' stuff get good later?

JWong

Banned
Bounty Hunter is by far the most fun class to actually play. Story is pretty bad compared to the Agent, but then again the agent isn't that fun in combat.

Sleep Dart, Hidden Strike, Shiv, Debilitate, Backstab, Overload Shot, Shiv...

I can take down 4 strong mobs at once.

Screenshot_2011-12-28_00_15_46_891576.jpg

I know this whole chain says it takes 2 people. But I been doing it solo the whole time. Is it possible to do the whole thing?

Sorceror/Sage is extremely powerful while solo early due to heals, a tank companion for your first companion and that ridiculous 60 second ranged CC that you get just for picking your AC.

Ceebs

After playing about 15 hours or so far, I want to murder whoever designed the early quests. These quest givers are so far away from the actual areas where you quest it's insane. The story missions are even worse as you half to go all the way across a zone just to turn in a simple quest.

Moaradin

After playing about 15 hours or so far, I want to murder whoever designed the early quests. These quest givers are so far away from the actual areas where you quest it's insane. The story missions are even worse as you half to go all the way across a zone just to turn in a simple quest.

The quest are designed to have minimal backtracking though. Most quest in an area will lead you to the same general area.

Ceebs

The quest are designed to have minimal backtracking though. Most quest in an area will lead you to the same general area.

On Dromand Kass and I have to venture out into the jungle then run all the way back to a taxi to travel to the city, then run through the city to another taxi just to turn in class quests. Yes there are quest hubs along the way, but they do not lead into each other the way WoW guides you through quest hubs. They all just end or send you back to the city so you can get a quest to the next hub.

Moaradin

On Dromand Kass and I have to venture out into the jungle then run all the way back to a taxi to travel to the city, then run through the city to another taxi just to turn in class quests. Yes there are quest hubs along the way, but they do not lead into each other the way WoW guides you through quest hubs. They all just end or send you back to the city so you can get a quest to the next hub.

The quest do guide you to another quest hub. Yes, you need to go back to the questgiver to turn in the quest, but that's expected.

Ceebs

The quest do guide you to another quest hub. Yes, you need to go back to the questgiver to turn in the quest, but that's expected.

I am mainly annoyed by having to run through an empty city over and over again. It feels like it takes forever.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Just hit level 40. Any tips to rushing to 50? I think I'm going to pvp my way to it.

It's a bit slower now that they've reduced the xp from pvp.

Hard mode flashpoints are fun as hell. Maybe it's because I skipped the majority of them while leveling, but Foundry is absolutely fantastic aside from (Foundry Boss)
-----Revan-----
being a bit of a gear check. Ran some normal flashpoints as well. The amount of interactivity in them is really, really great. CWG can be really fun if everyone in your group can understand basic puzzles, but it's a bit frustrating otherwise.

Slicing nerf isn't bothering me as much as I thought it would. I've already got all my skills and mount training and stuff so it's giving me a chance to not constantly be running slicing missions and get my cybertech and scavenging up as well.

Izayoi

Banned
Just hit level 40. Any tips to rushing to 50? I think I'm going to pvp my way to it.
That is going to take a very long time. You're looking at about 2.5 million xp needed, and assuming 17k xp per Warzone (i.e., you win every one) that's ~153 Warzones. At roughly 15 minutes per match (not including queue times), that's 38 hours of PvP. Half the the amount of time it's taken me to get to level 47.

Dunlop

Holy crap there are a lot of Starwars geeks out there :p

Game was prompting me for every screen to put in my legacy name, I called my wife's cousin who has read every piece of fiction pertaining to the startwars universe and had to go through like 40 names till on was accepted

edit: does legacy names help with picking the first name, counts the last name so there are far less duplicate names? That would actually be very usefull

Top Bottom