• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Won

I want an option to at least downvote a Warzone. I'm not gonna play Voidstar no matter how hard you try to shove it down my throat, Bioware.

Lain

I hit level 20 on my Operative, got the airship after finishing Kaas and have been doing some space fights and have been gettign some space fights commendation. Where do I go to redeem them, a specific planet or?

Imperial Fleet or Corellia

Where exactly? Because the only vendor I found with ship stuff just took credits, don't see what I do with space commendations

I want an option to at least downvote a Warzone. I'm not gonna play Voidstar no matter how hard you try to shove it down my throat, Bioware.

I would gladly change Huttball out for voidstar. As an Imp it seems the only thing that pops for me is huttball because of the pop imbalance.

Wallach

Lol how about gameplay wise?

Pretty much amazing. Gunslingers have incredible burst and range, and my Scoundrel is a healing machine at level 43. I haven't tried the other Scoundrel specs yet, but I have played a few WZs with another Scoundrel that is Scrapper and it is ridiculous. Flechette Round fucks people up hardcore, especially tanks that think they are hot shit. It's a great pair too because it puts people in a nasty catch-22, where coming after me puts their back to the guy wrecking their backside, and I'm a miserable bastard to try and kill (especially so thanks to Biochem). Turning around to kill him doesn't help since with me healing they'll never drop him before he blows them apart.

Where exactly? Because the only vendor I found with ship stuff just took credits, don't see what I do with space commendations

On the Republic Fleet, it's a vendor right next to the one that sells ship upgrades for credits, not a couple feet away. Maybe the vendor is somewhere else for the Empire.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Pretty much amazing. Gunslingers have incredible burst and range, and my Scoundrel is a healing machine at level 43. I haven't tried the other Scoundrel specs yet, but I have played a few WZs with another Scoundrel that is Scrapper and it is ridiculous. Flechette Round fucks people up hardcore, especially tanks that think they are hot shit. It's a great pair too because it puts people in a nasty catch-22, where coming after me puts their back to the guy wrecking their backside, and I'm a miserable bastard to try and kill (especially so thanks to Biochem). Turning around to kill him doesn't help since with me healing they'll never drop him before he blows them apart.

On the Republic Fleet, it's a vendor right next to the one that sells ship upgrades for credits, not a couple feet away. Maybe the vendor is somewhere else for the Empire.

lol nah, it's a droid right behind that vendor which takes credits.

anyone comment on how good the smuggler storyline is? not sure whether to go IA or smuggler. Don't like the female IA companion though (does that make me a hair-ist?)

Owensboro

Howdy everyone! I am going to roll a character as soon as I get home today from Christmas travelling and was wondering a few things:

1) How are the queue times on Keller's Void? I need to pick a server, and I'd like to get in the GAF guild.

...1a) Is Keller's Void a PvP server? If not, does GAF have a PvP server we hang on?
...1b) Is Keller's Void a RP-PVP server? If not, does GAF have a RP-PVP server we hang on?
(I hate RP-ing and never do it in MMO's, but in my experience the RP servers are always full of less idiots, children, and "internet assholes" then normal servers. It's a small price to pay.)

2) Does the republic guild on KV need healers? I only ever play them in MMOs, and was thinking of rolling one again. Probably Trooper or Smuggler. I ain't no sissy force user.

3) How is the Republic / Empire population balance? I know it will change per server, but is there a list of current populations per server that I could look at?

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm getting more and more excited about playing!

erragal

Are Sages and Smugglers comparable healers? I have a 12 Sage right now, but it feels like everyone is a Jedi.

They heal differently. A sage has more variety of tools to use with the absorb shield being the most significant difference. Sage late game healing style is all about acquiring temporary buffs from casting one of your heals that has a different effect depending on what heal you use next; exploiting that is the key to their healing.

Smuggler has one very powerful hot (it stacks to two applications on a single target) and the best emergency instant healing capability with Emergency medpac? (It's surgical probe for the IA). Mostly their healing revolves around stacking hots and utilizing tactical advantages (Kinda like combo points that only stack to 2) to power the surgical probe.

I like my IA (Empire version of smuggler) healing now that he has his hot, and it gives me more free time to do CC/DPS type shenanigans with the more passive/reactionary healing style which is what I was looking for.

eznark

Banned
My wife got this for me for Christmas. It arrives today. I've completely avoided this thread figuring I wouldn't be diving into the game at all. Is there a GAF guild/server or anything for a non-MMO veteran?

Do you ever learn anymore or is their any consequences coming off of the Infinite Engine quest stuff later on? Kinda wondering about that whole quest back from Nar Shadda and what it had to do with anything.

Dont want spoilers, just wondering if it comes up later or in other class stories somehow.

Damn I was really enjoying this game during the beta weekend but that was because I just ran through it like a single player KOTOR game. Now I am going through basically the same missions and finding the mmo parts a little lacking. P

Hopefully I can get on over the vacation to catch more of the guild on. Gonna have to make my imperial toon on the EU server so the time difference isn't so bad. Heh

For now though I just gotta get the hell off coruscant.

Also no droid companion for consular is lame as hell. :mad:
Gonna probably make my main a bounty hunter just so I can roll with Blizz.
I would pay like a bazillion monies for HK-47

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
My wife got this for me for Christmas. It arrives today. I've completely avoided this thread figuring I wouldn't be diving into the game at all. Is there a GAF guild/server or anything for a non-MMO veteran?

Kellers Void server. The empire better suits you eznark going by your character in the NFL threads. ;-):p

The people that can invite are listed somewhere on the OP.

Piecake

So, this is a stupid question, but how exactly do I get my side toolbars? Been trying to figure it out, but all I can get is two on the bottom, and Ive seen videos where there are toolbars on the sides of the screen

ttocs

So, this is a stupid question, but how exactly do I get my side toolbars? Been trying to figure it out, but all I can get is two on the bottom, and Ive seen videos where there are toolbars on the sides of the screen

Do you just mean the slots you set in the options menu? Under UI I believe. There's check boxes for center bottom, left, and right quick slots or whatever they are called. Is that what you mean?

Interfectum

BTW in case you guys don't know, in the options screen you can set it to "loot all bodies near me" to loot all the dead bodies at once. saves a lot of time.

ttocs

BTW in case you guys don't know, in the options screen you can set it to "loot all bodies near me" to loot all the dead bodies at once. saves a lot of time.

I did see that but I didn't turn it on because I kept ignoring items I picked up. Now that I'm more familiar with the looting system and can see it in the chat, I might actually turn it on. Seems like it would save a lot of time like you said.

Interfectum

I did see that but I didn't turn it on because I kept ignoring items I picked up. Now that I'm more familiar with the looting system and can see it in the chat, I might actually turn it on. Seems like it would save a lot of time like you said.

I usually go on a big killing spree and just check my loot every 10 minutes or so.

Izayoi

Banned
Always, always, always make sure that area loot and right-click-to-auto-loot are on!

If you're having money problems it's likely because you're not looting bodies, which have vendor trash and credits on them, and occasionally a nice rare that you can use or sell.

It's very helpful and makes going through mobs quick. Combine it with sending a companion to sell your grey items ability and it's just quick credits

rakhir

Ok, so i don goofed - Got one of those 'answer one of your secret questions!', didn't remember the answer (or did a typo when setting it up) and blocked my whole account...
Did anyone had the same problem?
What do do now other then phone them?

10 mins..? It doesn't work THAT well...

It only loots like up to 15-20 meters max. So you should loot after you wipe every pack but just 1 guy.

You are misinforming.

Hes not saying that. Hes saying to check for items in his inventory every 10 min or so. If you set it to auto loot you don't actually see what you are picking up, so you have to check your inventory manually to see what the greens/blues/etc you are picking up actually do. Area loot picks up everything in an area, but there is also the auto loot option that just picks up the stuff without you having to say "ok" or choose what to pick up which makes it super quick.

Hes not saying that. Hes saying to check for items in his inventory every 10 min or so. If you set it to auto loot you don't actually see what you are picking up, so you have to check your inventory manually to see what the greens/blues/etc you are picking up actually do. Area loot picks up everything in an area, but there is also the auto loot option that just picks up the stuff without you having to say "ok" or choose what to pick up which makes it super quick.

Ah. Ok was like... "wtf".

Hah. My bad

eznark

Banned
Kellers Void server. The empire better suits you eznark going by your character in the NFL threads. ;-):p

The people that can invite are listed somewhere on the OP.

Cool thanks. I haven't decided on which side to join yet. I don't think I've ever played the bad side in an mmo.

i... must... resist.... must not... be... seduced...

promised myself to finish witcher2 before getting other games..... :(

is the smuggler that bad? thought it's my fav after watching some youtube vids.

Interfectum

10 mins..? It doesn't work THAT well...

It only loots like up to 15-20 meters max. So you should loot after you wipe every pack but just 1 guy.

You are misinforming.

Haha sorry I wasn't clear. What BattleMonkey said.

I just don't pay attention to what I'm looting for a bit. It kills momentum if you stop every two seconds and check what you just looted. Just loot a shit ton and check it when you need a break.

Orgun

Oh another thing that people might not know about - FLEET PASS.

Go to your abilities window (P by default) then go to the general tab and you'll find a Fleet Pass ability that lets you warp back to the imperial fleet. It only works once a day but it's useful!

OR if you have a security key then the vendor sells one use Fleet Passes for 1k.

You get to try and hump everything you talk to pretty much. Don't see what's bad

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
So are there plans for a PVP Gaf server? PVE is neat, but I would love a large pool of folks to work with against Imp/Republic scum.

ttocs

The smuggler is my favorite class. I went gunslinger and I'm mowing through enemies with my companion. It's really fun too.

Vlodril

Smuggler is great. He does alot of dmg gameplay wise and i just laugh all the time at his lines.

His story is allright so far but i am guessing it will ramp up now that i am reaching the end of chapter 1(or so i think). Still prefer the story of the Sith Warrior.

ttocs

Smuggler is great. He does alot of dmg gameplay wise and i just laugh all the time at his lines.

His story is allright so far but i am guessing it will ramp up now that i am reaching the end of chapter 1(or so i think). Still prefer the story of the Sith Warrior.

I've heard a lot of good things about the sith warrior story. That's next in line for me.

bill0527

What class has a lot of fun AOE damage abilities? Either of the BH advanced ones?

Bounty Hunter Mercenary - Death From Above

They've also got an AoE Rapid shots ability

Plus some AoE missiles - Fusion Missile is AoE and has a damage over time component. Missile Strike gets a small AoE component in the mid 20s.

On a pack of mobs I open with Fusion Missile and then the AoE Rapid shots (can't remember exactly what its called), this takes care of all the weak ones and usually leaves the strongest one with about half his health.

If its an elite in a pack of mobs, I open with Death From Above since its your strongest AoE and its got a long cool down.

erragal

I've heard a lot of good things about the sith warrior story. That's next in line for me.

If you want to be absurdly ruthless, it's the best storyling. Female Sith Warrior is also my favorite VA empire side; male one is good but doesn't have quite the same inflection and malice .

Patryn

Oh god. Why I can't split myself in two?

I love my commando, but I really want to try out the Imperial Agent. I want to see how good and nice a light side agent can be (because I'm like totally incapable of being a bastard in games, no matter what. Just can't do it!)

And apologies to whoever I was seducing last night with my description of how kick-ass the Trooper is.

Actually, now that I think about it.... Vanguard seems fun too.....

Also: How the hell did someone FINISH Taris at level 18? I think I ARRIVED on Taris at level 18.

Oh god. Why I can't split myself in two?

I love my commando, but I really want to try out the Imperial Agent. I want to see how good and nice a light side agent can be (because I'm like totally incapable of being a bastard in games, no matter what. Just can't do it!)

And apologies to whoever I was seducing last night with my description of how kick-ass the Trooper is.

Actually, now that I think about it.... Vanguard seems fun too.....

Also: How the hell did someone FINISH Taris at level 18? I think I ARRIVED on Taris at level 18.

That was me. I really wasn't try a commando but I fear their mobility in PvP or lack of shall I say is a detriment.

Vanguard though looks hella fun but carrying around one lame gun and doing lackluster dps makes me sad. Their harpoon and leap skill though is amazing.

KrawlMan

Question about the digital deluxe addition, is it worth the $20? I've barely looked into this game's mount system, but how expensive are they using in game currency? I see people all over my server using the exclusive(?) mount.

That was me. I really wasn't try a commando but I fear their mobility in PvP or lack of shall I say is a detriment.

Vanguard though looks hella fun but carrying around one lame gun and doing lackluster dps makes me sad. Their harpoon and leap skill though is amazing.

I like my commando but wish I was vanguard because I really hate how you look with that giant assault gun on your back always. Then your first companion also has a ridiculous assault gun on his back or walks around everywhere with it deployed which is annoying.... I know it's silly but hate how it looks in some of the cutscenes especially.

Question about the digital deluxe addition, is it worth the $20? I've barely looked into this game's mount system, but how expensive are they using in game currency? I see people all over my server using the exclusive(?) mount.

It's 8k for the mount of it's level. Its nice looking but you are also not going to use it forver as you will upgrade to a new one in 15 lvls or so.

KrawlMan

I like my commando but wish I was vanguard because I really hate how you look with that giant assault gun on your back always. Then your first companion also has a ridiculous assault gun on his back or walks around everywhere with it deployed which is annoying.... I know it's silly but hate how it looks in some of the cutscenes especially.

It's 8k for the mount of it's level. Its nice looking but you are also not going to use it forver as you will upgrade to a new one in 15 lvls or so.

Oh, 8k is nothing. Thanks for the info.

cametall

Has there been any mention of neutral aligned items?

Thus far I have managed to keep my IA neutral by making choices I think he would make, if loyal to the Empire but not a total evil dick. But I'm starting to worry I am making a mistake by not choosing to go full light/dark.

Top Bottom