• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

I do. I'm 43 now, and I definitely would not trade it for either of the other two healers. Especially so regarding PvP.

On a completely unrelated note, Taral V and Maelstrom Prison were pretty fucking cool. It seems clear that the faction-specific Flashpoints just stomp the shit out of the shared ones.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

FStop7

Banned
I thought that you couldn't have names with spaces? Can you add custom titles?

Legacy name. My sith is Lord Francine Blacksun.

And now I have created her long lost brother, Jedi padawan Chest Blacksun.

They don't even know of each other. And they're fighting on opposite sides of the gulf of this great war.

It's tragic, really.

Ok, so what do I need to do to join the GAF Empire guild?
Contact Villeon in-game with a whisper. We require people to give their GAF username when asking for an invite so we can put it as your member note in the guild window. That way people know who's who.

/t Villeon Hey, can I get an invite to the guild? This is Eznark from GAF.

If Villeon isn't on try using /who The GAF Empire to find guild members and ask them if there's an officer on to invite you. "/who" should work in finding people.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kaliyo disapproves. She's Morrigan 2.0.

You must be doing something horribly wrong. Kaliyo is more like Leilana 2.0 in the sense that she's super easy to keep happy. Try the Sith Warrior's first companion sometime. She's the worst.

Also, Chiss Agent is the only real Agent race
screenshot_2011-12-2867x1g.jpg

eznark

Banned
Contact Villeon in-game with a whisper. We require people to give their GAF username when asking for an invite so we can put it as your member note in the guild window. That way people know who's who.

/t Villeon Hey, can I get an invite to the guild? This is Eznark from GAF.

If Villeon isn't on try using /who The GAF Empire to find guild members and ask them if there's an officer on to invite you. "/who" should work in finding people.

Thank you for spelling it out for me! (glad i didn't have to ask how to whisper)

Moaradin

You must be doing something horribly wrong. Kaliyo is more like Leilana 2.0 in the sense that she's super easy to keep happy. Try the Sith Warrior's first companion sometime. She's the worst.

Yea, if you're an asshole. Try lightside with her.

Varna

So what's the fastest way to get a second lightsaber? Just got to the Imperial Fleet.

I don't know what to do with this game to get it to perform better. Are some people seriously getting 60FPS in Imperial Fleet w/ x44 and trAA x4? I get drops as bad as 30 with two fucken 580gtxs. I tried going single and it runs even worse. My setup is working great. 11000 in 3DMark and runs everything else perfectly.

Moaradin

I'm getting this weird issue where I go from 80 fps with max settings to 20-30 no matter what area I'm in or settings I'm using. The only temporary fix I've found is to reinstall graphic drivers, but it comes back soon after and now it's coming back immediately. Any ideas?

Using a GTX 460 with an i5@4ghz.

Choc

Banned
So what's the fastest way to get a second lightsaber? Just got to the Imperial Fleet.

I don't know what to do with this game to get it to perform better. Are some people seriously getting 60FPS in Imperial Fleet w/ x44 and trAA x4? I get drops as bad as 30 with two fucken 580gtxs. I tried going single and it runs even worse. My setup is working great. 11000 in 3DMark and runs everything else perfectly.

you need to select the right advanced class to be able to dual wield. For example with Jedi Knights this is the Sentinal class

I made a trooper alternate character and so far I like where the story is going but I hate my dialog options. Playing the profit driven smuggler with the heart of gold gives me better choices with a better voice actor.

FStop7

Banned

Totally agree, cuz in those dapper uniforms they look like Grand Admiral Thrawn... one of the cooler characters from the extended universe.

Sooo, Ive started a Jedi Shadow that I plan on playing as a tank with my Scoundrel friend, but I look so fucking stupid that I dont know if I want to play him. haha.

What level can I expect a Shadow to not look like a fool? Im thinking I might give up the idea of 2 people stealthin around and tankin an healin, for a sweet lookin Guardian instead.

bounchfx

holy crap that armor hurts my eyes.

I'm level 12 right now, it's fun shooting people, but there's way too much running with nothing going on.. and it doesn't really feel like an MMO at all... which is why I assume a lot of people are enjoying it.

I saw a level 50 vanguard running around and he looked just like an imperial scout from return of the jedi... I sure hope that wasn't end game armor. If I wind up looking like an unimportant redshirt that's certainly disappointing. I get wanting to tie it into the films but surely they could have come up with something more bad ass

Moaradin

holy crap that armor hurts my eyes.

I'm level 12 right now, it's fun shooting people, but there's way too much running with nothing going on.. and it doesn't really feel like an MMO at all... which is why I assume a lot of people are enjoying it.

I saw a level 50 vanguard running around and he looked just like an imperial scout from return of the jedi... I sure hope that wasn't end game armor. If I wind up looking like an unimportant redshirt that's certainly disappointing. I get wanting to tie it into the films but surely they could have come up with something more bad ass

Here is me and my friends level 25ish armor.

jeAyfonCOl9Ii.png

Most of the cool looking gear is fully modable, so you can keep a level 20 piece of gear and keep it useful forever if you like. I imagine the person you saw was just picking up any piece of uncommon gear that he could find and not keeping any modable gear.

Sooo, Ive started a Jedi Shadow that I plan on playing as a tank with my Scoundrel friend, but I look so fucking stupid that I dont know if I want to play him. haha.

What level can I expect a Shadow to not look like a fool? Im thinking I might give up the idea of 2 people stealthin around and tankin an healin, for a sweet lookin Guardian instead.

Problem with Jedi armor is that you are mostly limited to robes.

There is ability to get some good Social armor but that require Social levels that I have been unable to attain

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Fastest way to grind social levels is to run noobs through Esselles / Black Talon over and over until you cry from the grind.
Oh nice. i was unsure if returning to lower level stuff would award social points. When i get to high level i like to run people through lower level dungeons so this is good news for me.

Oh nice. i was unsure if returning to lower level stuff would award social points. When i get to high level i like to run people through lower level dungeons so this is good news for me.

Black Talon is also a great way to grind Light/Dark Points, you can get 200 points in one run and its real easy once you're above lvl 16

Varna

Flashpoints are awesome. Love the arguments I get from people as to why I am a "nice" Sith.

Why aren't you killing everyone you can? Why are you being polite to Jedi? ARGH!! Be a jerk!!!

Can you only do those once per day?

And yeah the second lightsaber was in my pack... I found another in the Flashpoint and It made me curious about something. Are all sabers just blanks that you can customize complete with the different mods? I found a force user oriented one.. but I swapped out some parts and it's pretty good for meele now.

Any suggestions on how to build my sith marauder? Not sure were to start with the tree... increasing dual wield damage to start seems like an obvious one. Defensive form seems like another good starter.

Also does armtech cover lightsaber parts?

And yeah the second lightsaber was in my pack... I found another in the Flashpoint and It made me curious about something. Are all sabers just blanks that you can customize complete with the different mods? I found a force user oriented one.. but I swapped out some parts and it's pretty good for meele now.
Yes, any moddable weapons and gear can be used 1-50 as long as you keep putting in level appropriate mods.

Carm

Which faction guild has been more active so far between the two NA ones? Unless the /who function is broken I saw a lot more empire on just now. but it's late.

26 Jedi
30 Bounty Hunter

really tempted to start a IA, worth it hambo?

I've got a 35 IA and I've been really enjoying the class and it's story. It's a nice mix of Bond and a secret police force. I haven't played anything else though (apart from a lvl 5 Sith Warrior and a lvl 4 Jedi Consular) so take that with a grain of salt.

Gameplay-wise I also like the mixture of rogue and druid that the operative plays as.

Top Bottom