• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Wallach

Some levels ago I bought a couple crew skill mission books from the AH, used them and had my companions complete them, but I haven't seen them repop in my missions lists.
Are those books a one time deal thing?

Also, another annoyance I have with the UI that I hope will be fixed is that schematics don't show if you know them already (or if they do, I have no idea where/how). Looking at the AH for schematics, seeing one and having to go open the list of stuff you know (which closes the AH window, so you have to reopen and research after which is another annoyance) to make sure you don't already have that one learned is bothersome.

The crew skill mission consumables give missions that you only get to complete once per use, yes.

Patryn

So how good is the Jedi Knight storyline?

Considering making one as my next alt.

I mean, I love my commando, but I just finished Tattoine, and I think I need a short break before starting up Alderaan (at least a break that doesn't involve me mindlessly running around the class starter planets randomly buffing and healing people).

Garryk

So how good is the Jedi Knight storyline?

Considering making one as my next alt.

I mean, I love my commando, but I just finished Tattoine, and I think I need a short break before starting up Alderaan (at least a break that doesn't involve me mindlessly running around the class starter planets randomly buffing and healing people).
Better than the Consular :p

But seriously I'm enjoying it and it is a really fun class play. Force Leap feels epic. Also, you get an Astromech Droid and you get your second (useful) companion on Coruscant. I'm level 30 on my Agent and I haven't got a real (I don't count the ship's droid) second companion yet.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I dunno if anything vital is missed, I did the main line and bonus series on Tat when I hit 30 and had ton of quests and stuff to do still, so I just moved on... Finding the Revan related mission on Nar Shadda intrigued me though as a side quest and kind of made me not want to miss things, but Tat is huge and no idea what to do, so I just left behind a ton of stuff undone on that planet. I'll go back to finish a few heroics with guildies probably, but theres lot of map unexplored for me still and stuff in my tracker that is green now. Doing Alderaan now since not sure I like being so over leveled and if I OCD Tat I would be several more levels up.
Bonus series for Nar Shaddaa (31) and Alderaan (40) are much higher level for the planet than the class quests there (at least for Imperials), so even if you are overleveled there's something to do there that'll get you XP.

No Im not talking about the class quest. Maybe calling it the main or world quest was wrong.
There is this questline which usually starts at the spaceport on all the planets. It more or less points you to all the quest hubs. And its after finishing that questline which spawns the XXXXX bonus series quests.

For example on Tatooine there was the
Czerka(?) quest.

But on Alderaan it ended with just 3 quests and you never left the starting zone. It ended with
the Organa duke saying that the battle was won but not the war.
Are you sure you finished it out on Alderaan? I could've sworn after finishing the initial stuff the guy sent you off to another area.

Better than the Consular :p

But seriously I'm enjoying it and it is a really fun class play. Force Leap feels epic. Also, you get an Astromech Droid and you get your second (useful) companion on Coruscant. I'm level 30 on my Agent and I haven't got a real (I don't count the ship's droid) second companion yet.
Takes a little longer for the Agent to get their next non-droid companion, but you then get more relatively quickly after.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Does either the JK or JC storyline ever lead to
getting on the Jedi Council
?

Haven't finished the main quest, seems to be broken according the the forms, but at the end of the JK quest you get to join the Council if you are lightside.

JWong

Banned
Haven't finished the main quest, seems to be broken according the the forms, but at the end of the JK quest you get to join the Council if you are lightside.

Are you playing a male?

Either way, are you able to go through with your romance option all the way to the end and get married?

Which flashpoint will give me Alderaan commendations? I bought stupid stuff when I was there, and now I want more commendations so I can get the moddable pants and boots like I shoulda done in the first place.

Anyone know?

Souplak

Are you sure you finished it out on Alderaan? I could've sworn after finishing the initial stuff the guy sent you off to another area.

All he told me was that the thuls had been pushed back to the coast and that other houses needed my help. But I didnt get any follow up quest. The only quest I had after that was my class one.

Azzurri

Been playing my Jedi Sage and having a lot of fun, the story is kinda boring, not as good as my BH, but I'm having a blast in PvP.

Garryk

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that for Imperials, Nar Shaddaa is a 20-24 planet, but the bonus series is a level 31 quest? Are any other planets like this? I wouldn't have noticed if my companion didn't have a quest on that planet.

I just got to level 32 on my consular.. the story varies between being ok but a little boring to epic and back to boring..

I now have the title of Master.. and have picked a legacy name.. I'm quite pleased with my character at the moment.

Azzurri

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that for Imperials, Nar Shaddaa is a 20-24 planet, but the bonus series is a level 31 quest? Are any other planets like this? I wouldn't have noticed if my companion didn't have a quest on that planet.

Yea, I thought the same thing, plus there's like an extra 4-5 heroics in the area.

Interfectum

not sure why people are so down on the sith jugg. did some pvp last night (hutt ball mainly) and was scoring the most points and getting some of the highest dps all night. I love force choking people over the fire or force pushing into the acid. so satisfying.

Allard

Some class quests leading up to the end of act 1 finish on Nar Shaddaa. I know around lvl 32 I was asked to go there on smuggler and right around then I got access to the area that has a lot of lvl 31ish bonus quests.

not sure why people are so down on the sith jugg. did some pvp last night (hutt ball mainly) and was scoring the most points and getting some of the highest dps all night. I love force choking people over the fire or force pushing into the acid. so satisfying.

I love my Jug, do very well in pvp. They suck at lower levels but once you get past 25 they become very good in pvp with lot of good abilities and I'm tank build which usually is not best idea for pvp. If you take the right talents also you get lot of good damage mitigation and immunity abilities. I can see people complain about Mauraders, but Jugs do perfectly fine.

Seem to have stuck some stuff like this to get people to go back to planets at later levels.

RotBot

Yet the bonus series still gives you Nar Shaddaa commendations to spend on low-level gear. Come up with some better rewards, please.

cackhyena

Feeling dumb asking this, but hoping someone has the answer. I'm playing a Sith Inquisitor/Assassin. Level 12 and I've seen plenty of video of people getting the first attack by jumping in from far away. Is there a command I'm missing that everyone can do, or is that something I unlock later on? I've been looking in my skill tree and have yet to find it.

Feeling dumb asking this, but hoping someone has the answer. I'm playing a Sith Inquisitor/Assassin. Level 12 and I've seen plenty of video of people getting the first attack by jumping in from far away. Is there a command I'm missing that everyone can do, or is that something I unlock later on? I've been looking in my skill tree and have yet to find it.

Sure your not watching videos of Sith Warriors which have the jump to ability?

Zafir

I've been topping the tables on my tank jugg, which kind of surprised me, wasn't expecting tanking to be so viable in PvP. I still think there's a bit of work to do on the class for PvE, though.

I've been topping the tables on my tank jugg, which kind of surprised me, wasn't expecting tanking to be so viable in PvP. I still think there's a bit of work to do on the class for PvE, though.

What do you think is wrong with them in PvE? I've not really had any issues and once you get your aoe taunt they do a good job at being what they are supposed to be. I could see them being lackluster in the dps tree builds perhaps.

Maaseru

Banned
I've been wanting to play my game since my birthday, Dec 20, but I waited since the holidays wouldn't allow me to have a good connection at home with the family. I've checked everyday, everyday for the digital version. How is it that IT IS STILL SOLD OUT!!!!!!! I'm not spending 20 dollars more for the deluxe one. What gives!?!?!?!? How can a digital product be sold oout for so fucking looooooonggg!

RotBot

Huh? The PC digital version isn't sold out. How could it be?

xNWWg.png

Edit: That's actually the physical copy. The Digital isn't sold out. Hit Buy Now and you're done.

Edit 2: Laughing a bit at Maaseru looking at that screen day after day and raging. Sorry.

KaYotiX

Banned

love my Jugg, but they dont get good till 40 and up. They also need a slight buff in the armor department becasue my health goes down fast in flashpoints for a tank specced Jugg. and most of the gear i have is my level.

Macattk15

My girlfriend gets horrible FPS (single digits ... even in space missions) and I don't know what to do to help her. I don't have her exact specs on her laptop but it runs Skyrim just fine. It isn't a shitty laptop by any means ...

I'm trying to text her to get her exact processor and video card ... but it just doesn't make sense how it can run Skyrim just fine but not Old Republic ... damn MMO's.

She has shadows and all the bells & whistles stuff turned off or on low .... even changing the resolutions does not net any increase in performance.

Are they doing a patch today or later this week?

Glad to see they fixed the darkside visual option toggle that keeps resetting now.

I hope they fixed both LS/DS icon during conversations. Even when I have it enabled it still resets each time I launch the game i.e. option is On, cannot see the icon.

Anyway, got my Operative to Lvl 20, Kolto Probe is a godsent.

XiaNaphryz

All he told me was that the thuls had been pushed back to the coast and that other houses needed my help. But I didnt get any follow up quest. The only quest I had after that was my class one.
Can't remember if there was a follow-up or not actually - but I do recall a bunch of quests that do string together after that initial set after you start the right quest at another area (think it was the mountain outpost?).

Alderaan's bonus series is lvl 40, so they won't show up for you unless you're lvl 37. Start point is in the Thul palace by the spaceport in a side room.

Yet the bonus series still gives you Nar Shaddaa commendations to spend on low-level gear. Come up with some better rewards, please.
A couple of my guildmates ran through all those Nar Shaddaa bonus quests a few nights ago and we got some pretty good mods. Rewards were plenty good enough.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm seriously starting to consider getting the game now. I haven't played an MMO in a long time, but this looks too good to pass up.

Just one question though; Is the first month free? As in, when I first boot up the game I won't have to start paying the subscription fee till like a month from now.

AppleMIX

I'm seriously starting to consider getting the game now. I haven't played an MMO in a long time, but this looks too good to pass up.

Just one question though; Is the first month free? As in, when I first boot up the game I won't have to start paying the subscription fee till like a month from now.

Yes, you are required to enter CC/game time sub card, but you won't be charged for 30 days.

KaYotiX

Banned

Yes first 30 days free.

Blitzzz

I must say, Alderran and Tatooine are quite nice looking. Hoping to power through Alderran with my smuggler and get legacy so I can start alting with my consular/sage

EekTheKat

So do I have it right that your typical pull in a flashpoint/group should look like this :

CC Elites

Tank picks up strong /normal adds.

DPS kills starting from weakest to strongest?

Shadow tanking seems to be incredibly convoluted so far, as I'm using about 20 hotkeys. Debuff durations could be longer, and things could streamlined a bit with a debuff refresh mechanic through a different ability instead of manually refreshing everything.

Currently I'm a level 50 Jedi Shadow , with Level 49 Jedi Shadow tanking gear (mostly synthweave) seems to be heavy on absorbtion, but light on defense. Currently I do have a little under 15k hp though, which seems adequate for a level 50 tank in 49 blue gear.

Souplak

Can't remember if there was a follow-up or not actually - but I do recall a bunch of quests that do string together after that initial set after you start the right quest at another area (think it was the mountain outpost?).

I just noticed that there is 2 more quest givers now right outside the Organa palace, they must have triggered after completing those first quests, maybe they continue the questline.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So do I have it right that your typical pull in a flashpoint/group should look like this :

CC Elites

Shadow tanking seems to be incredibly convoluted so far, as I'm using about 20 hotkeys. Debuff durations could be longer, and things could streamlined a bit with a debuff refresh mechanic through a different ability instead of manually refreshing everything.

Currently I'm a level 50 Jedi Shadow , with Level 49 Jedi Shadow tanking gear (mostly synthweave) seems to be heavy on absorbtion, but light on defense. Currently I do have a little under 15k hp though, which seems adequate for a level 50 tank in 49 blue gear.

Shadow tanking isn't too bad, but I do admit we have a lot of shit that is based off of procs. You have to constantly monitor your status bar to know when to use your abilities.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My girlfriend gets horrible FPS (single digits ... even in space missions) and I don't know what to do to help her. I don't have her exact specs on her laptop but it runs Skyrim just fine. It isn't a shitty laptop by any means ...

I'm trying to text her to get her exact processor and video card ... but it just doesn't make sense how it can run Skyrim just fine but not Old Republic ... damn MMO's.

She has shadows and all the bells & whistles stuff turned off or on low .... even changing the resolutions does not net any increase in performance.
Try setting the "Graphical Quality preset" to high then back to low.

XiaNaphryz

CC Elites

My friends and I usually do the opposite actually, as we've run into a lot of elites that can't be CC'd with our current abilities. So we try to take down the strongest one first unless there's a healer.

If our initial approach doesn't work, we change it up.

Macattk15

this really does work for that issue for me at least. Made me laugh when i was told this in chat in game, i was like reaaally?!? hahah and then it worked........

I will tell her to try it when I get home. She has an Alienware m15x Laptop (yeah I know overpriced, but I didn't pay for it) which should be plenty capable of playing it ... she literally has 4 fps at times though.

edit : She tried it and it didn't do anything :(

FLEABttn

Banned
Fellow Smugglers, are you using Risha at all? Or have you been sticking with tanks?

Tanks. Using Risha will make packs of regular mobs die, but introducing 1 strong alone will make the fight harder than it needs to be. Introduce an elite into the mix and I'm probably going to die. I've stuck with Corso for the most part but I generally pull Risha out for dialogue to get her affection up.

Mastamind

Tanks. Using Risha will make packs of regular mobs die, but introducing 1 strong alone will make the fight harder than it needs to be. Introduce an elite into the mix and I'm probably going to die. I've stuck with Corso for the most part but I generally pull Risha out for dialogue to get her affection up.

Corso was trying to get in my pants... he no longer gets used.

Top Bottom