• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Any nice orange gear for Operatives? I know there should be a uniform similar to what other Imerials are wearing, but it's kinda silly to run around like that.

Dina

Sad to say, people unhappy with a JK need to stick with it until level 40 rolls around. My brother, who is a great PvPer, never did exceptionally well with his JK until he reached the end of level 30. He now is up to snuff with me, even tho I use a tankspec while he specs for PvP first and foremost.

And yes, 50 operatives/scoundrels with good PvP gear are sick. I expect this class to get the first nerfs actually. That said, he was mostly up against people in the 20-40 range and the 50s he faced has nowhere near the gear he has.

Doing the Nar Shadda bonus as a 32 Scoundrel and have hit a wall. Can anyone give any hints against the Sith Apprentices, specifically the Inquisitors? Their lightning just chews me up, and I can't out-dps them. I've tried distraction when they trigger it, but they get it back before the distraction cool down is over.

Other than returning in a couple of levels or grabbing some help I'm stuck.

I feel that Consulars/Sorcerors are the first class to really take off in PvP. Especially when fighting people on the same level, it feels that Sorcs have the upper hand and the most tools for about the same 30 levels. It sure made me pissed off when I was PvPing, I hated that class so much. But for me (Trooper), it got better after level 30. And I think it's the same for smugglers/IAs as well. JK/SW take a bit longer (see above).

That said, after fighting them for so long I no longer think they are as annoying unless there are like three or four on one team. Especially when most of them are specced healing. They just don't die and since slow does not affect your resolve you feel so powerless as a melee opponent vs them.

Choc

Banned
Underworld Trading because I just got into that.

lol nah :)

they may rebalance PVP XP, lots of less people are playing it this week as if you lose you get fuck all XP now

the ywant to encourage PVP they need to fix that.

Sure winning should be MORE Xp, but they nerf they put on was stupid.

Wallach

Well, we already know what is on the 1.02 test realm notes. I don't know if they will ninja anything in this time.

Main PvP things I want them to address right now is creating a 50s bracket to get Expertise gear out of 10-49 players' faces, and make DoTs stop interrupting objective captures and recovery abilities. Oh, and change the shitty RNG of bag loot, naturally.

Cystm

It's cool, I don't take it personally at all :)

Here's my thoughts on the matter. ToR is my first MMO, so naturally, I *don't* know what I'm doing when it comes to advanced stuff. I'm really trying to learn as I go, and with that I know things will naturally be difficult at times. That said, I'm a big gamer, play a variety of genres, and am part of the GAF guild that has given me quite a bit of advice/tips about the game. So, compared to the MMO people, I may be inexperienced; but compared to the millions of "joe schmoes" that will pick this up, I know I'm better.

Fair enough.

Some general tips(nothing mindblowing, mind you) to anyone at all having trouble with boss fights:
  • Always have medpacks on you.
  • Always interrupt casts where you can.
  • Always have your companion HoT off CD before you initiate. On Jedi Knights for example it's called: Call On the Force. All classes get a version of this.
  • Stims can boost you too, the type depends entirely on your class and your companions class. If you are a Jedi Knight and you have the consular companion, then take an endurance stim for some extra health.
  • Always interrupt casts where you can.
  • Make sure you are not forgetting to gear your companions up as well as you progress. They will occasionally offer companion upgrades as quest rewards, but you'll end up needing to use the Transaction Network for some if not most.
  • Interrupt!

And that's basically all I have ever had to do to get through those fights. If you are still having trouble, keep leveling and then come back to it.

Choc

Banned
Well, we already know what is on the 1.02 test realm notes. I don't know if they will ninja anything in this time.

Main PvP things I want them to address right now is creating a 50s bracket to get Expertise gear out of 10-49 players' faces, and make DoTs stop interrupting objective captures and recovery abilities. Oh, and change the shitty RNG of bag loot, naturally.

they nerfed slicing without putting that on the test notes

they won't give heads up they are nerfing/buffing things imo, else the forums implode

Cystm

This.

I love dotting up people with Incendiary Missile. It has a 18 second dot. I just DoT as many people of the opposing team as I can and they'll never capture an objective.

Wallach

Rakata medpac is amazing, just have to say. God I love biochem.

I really need to start running FPs now that I am 50 so I can make my Rakata stuff. I've spent the last couple days being a little busy so I've just been crafting and running those consumable missions. I think I have like three stacks of the purple grade 6 medical supplies, and god knows how many artifact implants I made.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's cool, I don't take it personally at all :)

Here's my thoughts on the matter. ToR is my first MMO, so naturally, I *don't* know what I'm doing when it comes to advanced stuff. I'm really trying to learn as I go, and with that I know things will naturally be difficult at times. That said, I'm a big gamer, play a variety of genres, and am part of the GAF guild that has given me quite a bit of advice/tips about the game. So, compared to the MMO people, I may be inexperienced; but compared to the millions of "joe schmoes" that will pick this up, I know I'm better.

I know I'm not playing correctly in PvP, and I also know that things are hard when facing lvl 50s, regardless of class.

But most my frustration comes from the PvE story stuff. And when it comes to that, it's agreed by many here, and even more on the official class forums, that some of the story bosses are almost impossible unless you either 1) prepare for them ahead of time (which spoilers story stuff) or 2) you "trick" the AI into following you into weird paths. There are 100s of complaints on the class forums about the class feeling weak.

And in my opinion, there are probably similar amounts of "novices" playing every class, but it seems the focus is only on a couple for being "underpowered." Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. But either way, it's hard to recommend for the time being *IF* you don't have the patience for some pretty ridiculous difficulty spikes.

Just my two cents. I've been told a few times I just don't know how to play the class... and even if that is the case, that unquestionably means to me, then, that other classes are objectively easier to play; as I've messed with a couple of my friends' classes.

True for my Consular story.
Vivicar
is impossible to kill without some form of CC. You will die.

Negaiido

Is anyone experiencing frame drops when opening the profile info(a.k.a. the button C)?
Everytime I click on "C" my fps drops to +-34 fps.

Wallach

Servers are up, and have been up for the past 30 minutes apparently. Fastest maintenance ever.

Rumors of the maintenance's duration are greatly exaggerated, it would seem.

Hoping that the shadows fix improves the weird spots of FPS for me. It would always act weird when I was in a building with two floors.

Wallach

Needs to be nerfed. Right now I hear Biochem is essential for DPS.

A medpac needs to be nerfed because Biochem is essential for DPS?

I imagine that Biochem is definitely the most convenient of all crew skills for endgame PvE (or at least saves the most money), but I would be surprised if from a min-max standpoint it is actually top. The difference between Exotech and Rakata is pretty small (535 vs 585 on the 15s crit adrenal, for example), and it is the only thing I know of that separates a Biochemist from a non-Biochemist in terms of actual stat gains. The BoP relics from Artifice and BoP earpieces from Cybertech with open augment slots should be superior in terms of stat gain when paired with Exotech consumables.

Today's (1.0.2) patch notes

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19843-patch-notes-1-0-2-1-4-11

General

Guilds that are currently leaderless will have an Officer chosen and promoted to Guild Leader.

Classes and Combat

Sith Inquisitor (Forum / Skill Calculator / Abilities)

The Darth title is now properly granted to Sith Inquisitors.
Bug Fixes

Corrected an issue that could prevent players from taking cover when targeting large NPCs.
Fixed a bug that caused some abilities with activation times to be interrupted when used from cover.

Crew Skills 

Gathering

Removed some high-level harvesting nodes from Tatooine, Corellia, and Ilum.

Flashpoints and Operations 

Flashpoints 

Cademimu

General Ortol can no longer be pulled out of his room. 
Maelstrom Prison

Corrected an issue that could cause Kilran to behave incorrectly when defeated in cover. 
Taral V

General Edikar now has the correct loot in Hard Mode and no longer enrages in Normal Mode.
Operations 

Eternity Vault

Gharj can no longer be pulled out of his encounter room. 
Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that could cause choosing Nightmare Mode to not set enemies to Nightmare difficulty.

Items

General

PvP lockboxes now cost 70 commendations, contain more consumables, and always contain an item.
Bug Fixes

Corrected several PvP items that were Bind on Equip. They are now Bind on Pickup.
PvP vendors on Capital Planets now offer the correct PvP items.
Commendations received via in-game mail are now correctly added to the Currency tab.

Missions and NPCs 

Missions

Imperial

Number One with a Bullet: Players who choose dark side options now correctly receive the mission First Strike after completing this mission.
First Strike: Players who did not receive this mission will now receive it upon entering their personal starships.
Republic

Death Cloud: Players can now complete the "Toxic Waste" bonus objective regardless of how quickly they complete this mission.
Bug Fixes

Corrected mission steps on several planets that could cause client instability.
Fixed issues with some missions that could prevent pending rewards from being accepted.

Space Combat

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that caused a client crash if a space station was destroyed in Space Combat.

UI

Maps

Group members no longer appear on all planets on the Galaxy Map.
Corrected an issue that could cause map notes to disappear after logging out and back into the game.
Corrected some map notes that referenced the incorrect map.
Updated map notes for "travel to planet" steps in class missions on Nar Shaddaa, Hoth, and Belsavis to indicate the planet's space station.
Bug Fixes

Group members outside of a player's phase are no longer prompted to roll on items.
The In-Game Customer Service Portal no longer appears to hang while the "updating" message is displayed.
The Guild interface now properly displays the guild member list when it is sorted.
The "Show Sith Corruption" option no longer toggles off when transitioning between areas.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Taxi rides are no longer occasionally interrupted, causing the player to be dropped from the taxi.
Using the /dismiss command now correctly dismisses a vanity pet.
Corrected some issues that could cause players to become stuck on the loading screen when logging into a character.
Players can now use emotes while riding a vehicle.
Fixed a bug that prevented some text-only mail messages from being received.
Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.
Being in Do Not Disturb mode no longer prevents characters from being logged out for being away.
Corrected an issue that caused poor performance on some machines in indoor areas with shadows enabled.
Fixed an issue that could prevent players from being logged out for inactivity.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Nice little jab there. In case you hadnt read i am not 50 yet. ive heard that at level 50 Operative can actually do something. Its frustrating that at lower levels, even at 35, performance seems to be very subpar. ive seen many other classes come into matches at the 10-15 level and do many times better at both damage and survivability than an Operative 20 levels higher.

Darklord

Banned
Today's (1.0.2) patch notes

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19843-patch-notes-1-0-2-1-4-11

General

Guilds that are currently leaderless will have an Officer chosen and promoted to Guild Leader.

Classes and Combat

Sith Inquisitor (Forum / Skill Calculator / Abilities)

The Darth title is now properly granted to Sith Inquisitors.
Bug Fixes

Corrected an issue that could prevent players from taking cover when targeting large NPCs.
Fixed a bug that caused some abilities with activation times to be interrupted when used from cover.

Crew Skills 

Gathering

Removed some high-level harvesting nodes from Tatooine, Corellia, and Ilum.

Flashpoints and Operations 

Flashpoints 

Cademimu

General Ortol can no longer be pulled out of his room. 
Maelstrom Prison

Corrected an issue that could cause Kilran to behave incorrectly when defeated in cover. 
Taral V

General Edikar now has the correct loot in Hard Mode and no longer enrages in Normal Mode.
Operations 

Eternity Vault

Gharj can no longer be pulled out of his encounter room. 
Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that could cause choosing Nightmare Mode to not set enemies to Nightmare difficulty.

Items

General

PvP lockboxes now cost 70 commendations, contain more consumables, and always contain an item.
Bug Fixes

Corrected several PvP items that were Bind on Equip. They are now Bind on Pickup.
PvP vendors on Capital Planets now offer the correct PvP items.
Commendations received via in-game mail are now correctly added to the Currency tab.

Missions and NPCs 

Missions

Imperial

Number One with a Bullet: Players who choose dark side options now correctly receive the mission First Strike after completing this mission.
First Strike: Players who did not receive this mission will now receive it upon entering their personal starships.
Republic

Death Cloud: Players can now complete the "Toxic Waste" bonus objective regardless of how quickly they complete this mission.
Bug Fixes

Corrected mission steps on several planets that could cause client instability.
Fixed issues with some missions that could prevent pending rewards from being accepted.

Space Combat

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that caused a client crash if a space station was destroyed in Space Combat.

UI

Maps

Group members no longer appear on all planets on the Galaxy Map.
Corrected an issue that could cause map notes to disappear after logging out and back into the game.
Corrected some map notes that referenced the incorrect map.
Updated map notes for "travel to planet" steps in class missions on Nar Shaddaa, Hoth, and Belsavis to indicate the planet's space station.
Bug Fixes

Group members outside of a player's phase are no longer prompted to roll on items.
The In-Game Customer Service Portal no longer appears to hang while the "updating" message is displayed.
The Guild interface now properly displays the guild member list when it is sorted.
The "Show Sith Corruption" option no longer toggles off when transitioning between areas.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Taxi rides are no longer occasionally interrupted, causing the player to be dropped from the taxi.
Corrected some issues that could cause players to become stuck on the loading screen when logging into a character.
Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.
Being in Do Not Disturb mode no longer prevents characters from being logged out for being away.
Corrected an issue that caused poor performance on some machines in indoor areas with shadows enabled.

No Mako fix... ;_______;

Edit: And no broken loot chests in flashpoints. God damn it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
A medpac needs to be nerfed because Biochem is essential for DPS?

I imagine that Biochem is definitely the most convenient of all crew skills for endgame PvE (or at least saves the most money), but I would be surprised if from a min-max standpoint it is actually top. The difference between Exotech and Rakata is pretty small (535 vs 585 on the 15s crit adrenal, for example), and it is the only thing I know of that separates a Biochemist from a non-Biochemist in terms of actual stat gains. The BoP relics from Artifice and BoP earpieces from Cybertech with open augment slots should be superior in terms of stat gain when paired with Exotech consumables.
I mixed it up with the Rataka Attack Adrenal and Skill Stim, sorry. They're all ridiculous though.

Wallach

There are literally THREE people in my instance on Alderaan.

This is ridiculous.

The player base was told the game would still be down for another four hours, and given that maintenance started in the middle of the night, I really would not expect very many people to even try to log on for a while.

Walshicus

I know some people prefer having servers, but I'd much rather not (beyond the PvP/PvE/etc. options). I don't play many MMOs, but I'd much rather have instances you could manually switch between.

Choc

Banned
um

anyone else got a broken IA? no cover animations, no shooting animations, can't loot?

:|

edit: reload may have fixed it

but wow that was scary

w2000

um

anyone else got a broken IA? no cover animations, no shooting animations, can't loot?

:|

edit: reload may have fixed it

but wow that was scary

I've had that happen with my sith inquisitor too. It was so bad that dead mobs were still standing and I couldn't loot them :-(

datamage

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Does this mean textures are fixed? (Assuming they were broken to begin with..)

Yay, glad they got it back up early, I would only have got an hour in before I had to go to work!

Just finishing up the Alderaan bonus missions before I head to Belsavis

Have to check out a few areas to see if the FPS was fixed for me in the indoor areas as noted in the notes. Was not usually bad for me but there was a couple areas in the game that would really hit the framerate hard for no reason indoors, like underground of Coruscant.

The loading bug fix, was it an actual freeze or are they talking about how the game will load up to about 25% and then just kinda stay there for a very long time before the game actually starts? First boot up has been doing this for me and taking realy long to get into the game.

CzarTim

Or they are the start of a new instance that is being populated.

A lot of people are hard on the instancing, but I check my map a lot when there are less than 10 people on the planet, and it's rarely instanced. A much larger problem is that the worlds are too spread out for their own good.

Zafir

Have to check out a few areas to see if the FPS was fixed for me in the indoor areas as noted in the notes. Was not usually bad for me but there was a couple areas in the game that would really hit the framerate hard for no reason indoors, like underground of Coruscant.

The loading bug fix, was it an actual freeze or are they talking about how the game will load up to about 25% and then just kinda stay there for a very long time before the game actually starts? First boot up has been doing this for me and taking realy long to get into the game.
I had the same issue. Though it seemed to affect warzones as well for me, annoyingly. On both high and low settings(No change basically) I'd get 5-15FPS in some of them.

Patryn

Only problem with that patch is it looks like it's mostly an Imperial patch.

Which reminds me, I would love to get just some general statistics of the player breakdown.

Like percentages of playerbase that is Republic/Empire and percentage of playerbase that is each class.

Jezbollah

Hi all. Is there any way to stop being logged out if all you are doing is sending companions on crew tasks?

It's annoying having to move yourself around every couple of minutes just so you dont get hoofed out of game..

Cheers

Hi all. Is there any way to stop being logged out if all you are doing is sending companions on crew tasks?

It's annoying having to move yourself around every couple of minutes just so you dont get hoofed out of game..

Cheers

Numlock + wall. I'm sure there's a better way but I guess you could just autorun your character into a wall and walk away?

Darklord

Banned
Yeah, I think that's it for me. I can't play this fucking cunt game anymore. Look, I understand it's an MMO and they have bugs at launch but when a story focused game constantly has BROKEN story lines it just ruins it completely. I spent ages going through a story arc. Probably 6 or 7 quests at least. I get right to the very, very end where you fight an important character and they fall of a ledge, the quest breaks and I can no longer fight then or even get to where they are. Waste of time!

Yeah, I think that's it for me. I can't play this fucking cunt game anymore. Look, I understand it's an MMO and they have bugs at launch but when a story focused game constantly has BROKEN story lines it just ruins it completely. I spent ages going through a story arc. Probably 6 or 7 quests at least. I get right to the very, very end where you fight an important character and they fall of a ledge, the quest breaks and I can no longer fight then or even get to where they are. Waste of time!

Did you try resetting the quest in your log and just trying again? I've been lucky or something as I've never had a quest not able to complete for any reason so far.

Top Bottom