• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

JWong

Banned
It's confusing. Questing is a grind so people want a return to Sandbox style MMO's where you can do whatever you want. Sandbox MMO's generally require lots of undirected grinding to get the resources you need to accomplish whatever you want.

Either way it's a grind. Some people want their grind to be their choice and other people want it directed...and still other people don't care as long as the systems are well designed and fun (That's me personally).

Even if there's a game that levels you by a press of a button, people will still complain that it's a grind.

People are dumb.

RotBot

I had no idea there are people who don't know about the out of combat restore abilities. It would explain the flashpoints where one person runs from battle to battle with 60% health the whole time.

Even if there's a game that levels you by a press of a button, people will still complain that it's a grind.

People are dumb.

Yea Sanbox games usually have more grind than most since to extend the game experience and keep people paying to play, they need to set goals that players will spend tons of time doing stuff for. SWG had tons of grinding as you had to grind every single skill you take, and then the CU made it pure combat grind pretty much.

markatisu

I had no idea there are people who don't know about the out of combat restore abilities. It would explain the flashpoints where one person runs from battle to battle with 60% health the whole time.

Yeah I don't get this, only thing I can think of is their bar is full of skills/items and they missed the restore ones

Or they just think they can march in because they are awesome, my brother was like that till I refused to revive him and made him learn to heal out of a battle lol

I wouldn't go that far...I see people do this all the time. They get overconfident and don't think they need to heal or think the healer will take care of them, not considering that the healer needs to regen himself/herself.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeah I don't get this, only thing I can think of is their bar is full of skills/items and they missed the restore ones
It's one of the first skills you have starting out when you barely have anything though. I think its people either being forgetful or reckless.

It's one of the first skills you have starting out when you barely have anything though. I think its people either being forgetful or reckless.

Yea it's your first ability, but have been in flashpoints with peoples in the 30's who apparently would not use it to heal up. Though I hope its just that they think the healer is going to waste time to heal them instead of them just doing it themselves.

erragal

I wouldn't go that far...I see people do this all the time. They get overconfident and don't think they need to heal or think the healer will take care of them, not considering that the healer needs to regen himself/herself.

I forget to use it all the time on my operative healer when I'm pvping because any other time I never have enough resource issues to make it worth my while.

TheContact

This shit is really fucking ridiculous. Bioware fucks up and they ban the player.

It's against their TOS. It's like this in every MMO. Remember the "bomb" or the "plague" that people spread in WoW from instances to cities? People got banned for that. It's really Blizzard's fault for not foreseeing that, but ultimately the users decided to exploit that. I'll say it again, It's against the TOS. Nuff said.

It's against their TOS. It's like this in every MMO. Remember the "bomb" or the "plague" that people spread in WoW from instances to cities? People got banned for that. It's really Blizzard's fault for not foreseeing that, but ultimately the users decided to exploit that. I'll say it again, It's against the TOS. Nuff said.

Except that in this case, it probably didn't even happen.

It has an unobvious name and icon, and an overly wordy description that doesn't seem very useful at level 1. I took it off my bar to make room for the onslaught of other abilities I was learning, and by the time I needed it I had 20 other abilities spread across 4 panels in my skills window. I actually tried to read every single one looking for the restore one, but due to the over-wordiness, I guess I missed it.

daoster

Created my first alt...rolling BH this time (the class I tried out on the Beta!)

Probably won't play too much of him until I beat Smuggler's story, but I'll probably get off Hutta...

But corrupted Chiss is the best kind of Chiss.
qrXov.jpg

What's wrong with your face?!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
yea, I was just referring to my specific case of an Inquisitor since I was the one that originally mentioned not being able to find it.
That one is labeled Seeth or something right? I played Inq in beta, the description seemed pretty self-explanatory to me at the time.

usea

I saw a gunslinger running around with only 1 pistol on tattooine (I usually inspect other players I run across). I haven't played gunslinger, but I was pretty sure you use 2 pistols.

As for that dance ban image, I posted it thinking it was legit. It still wouldn't surprise me if it was. The other, similar images that have been posted have been legit.

Garryk

I'm currently Cybertech on my JG tank and debating if I should switch to Synthweaving. Should the gear I get from running FPs be good enough? In other words, would it be more efficient to make my own mods and buy/loot gear or make my own gear and buy mods?

Which would be more valuable in endgame?

usea

I'm currently Cybertech on my JG tank and debating if I should switch to Synthweaving. Should the gear I get from running FPs be good enough? In other words, would it be more efficient to make my own mods and buy/loot gear or make my own gear and buy mods?

Which would be more valuable in endgame?
My scoundrel is only ~32 and I have orange gear in every slot except waist, just from quests. I don't think crafting gear would help, but crafting mods is very valuable.

The advantages at max level are going to be down to what each crew skill has that only they can use. I can't really speak to them as I haven't bothered to look it up.

Proxy

Is anyone else getting CTDs when trying to log in to their characters on Balmorra?

--

Logging into another character on a different planet appears to have solved it.

At what point should I leave Korriban? I'm level 12 and so far I'm just finishing up quests here and there. I was wondering if there was anything I could potentially miss by leaving too soon.

At what point should I leave Korriban? I'm level 12 and so far I'm just finishing up quests here and there. I was wondering if there was anything I could potentially miss by leaving too soon.

Finish up your quests, spend your commendation medals, never look back.

Unless you haven't gotten the two datacores yet.

You can leave usually as soon as your class story gives you quest to leave. You can do the quests on planets for completion sake or for the rewards/xp, but you can often skip quests on pretty much every planet.

los

I don't know where the vendor is on Korriban, but every commendation vendor is on the Fleet station in the Supplies district.

I think the commendation vendor for Quesh is actually only the planet. I couldn't find one on the Imperial Fleet.

Realyn

Woah shit, dark II looks so bad on my babyface human sage.
They will add gear for neutral right? Think I´ll stay on dark 1 and post some pics later on, just need 50 guud points.

Top Bottom