• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I want to keep the orange eyes without all the black around the eyes/mouth. Is that possible too? Highly doubt it :(

not possible, in fact i think there is a bug that makes it so when you switch off sith corruption it doesnt save the selection when you quit the game. So everytime you start the game youll have to switch it off...... I hate the sith corruption because it made my guys face pink..... =(

KaYotiX

Banned
not possible, in fact i think there is a bug that makes it so when you switch off sith corruption it doesnt save the selection when you quit the game. So everytime you start the game youll have to switch it off...... I hate the sith corruption because it made my guys face pink..... =(

i love corruption, my sith has red eyes and greyish skin now :)

Patryn

According to notes, that bug was fixed with today's patch.

That was fixed in todays patch

DQsOT.jpg

meh

Blair

Banned
Getting sick of queueing for an hour every time i want to play on TOFN.

So far, loving the game. Lvl19 Scoundrel and pvp is great fun.

Wait wait wait... why would people want to stop looking even more like a Sith badass?! Turning that off should not be an option. If you don't want to show off your evil, then go light side ya
pussy

If you look pink... then that just means you need to be more evil. /endofstory

RetroMG

It's either off or on, im sure they will add some cosmetic vendor eventually to change the look of your character.

I was thinking today that I'd like to change my Jedi's hair, and it occurred to me that I had yet to see a way to do that, which kind of shocks me. I would think that would be a feature available at launch on a new MMO.

Wait wait wait... why would people want to stop looking even more like a Sith badass?! Turning that off should not be an option. If you don't want to show off your evil, then go light side ya
pussy

If you look pink... then that just means you need to be more evil. /endofstory

It doesn't look good depending on your race/complexion choices.

Also it really doesn't make sense on non force sensitive classes.

usea

I was thinking today that I'd like to change my Jedi's hair, and it occurred to me that I had yet to see a way to do that, which kind of shocks me. I would think that would be a feature available at launch on a new MMO.
This and several dozen other features.

Realyn

I simple like dark I the most. My first char was a good guy trooper with a huge model, so I thought it was fun to twink a female babyface healer whos bad to the bones on the inside.

Edit: nope, quoting doesnt work

Had the opportunity to do some operations last night. It was interesting to say the least. I came in right before the first boss of eternity vault. The boss was enjoyable and didn't run into any bugs to speak of.

But then it got interesting, after clearing 20 min of non itemized trash we got to the second boss and wiped. Nothing wrong with the fight itself it's more the aftermath. After engaging the second boss, whenever you're out of combat anyone in the group has a chance of instant dying out of nowhere. It even happens outside of the instance. It's pretty amusing but ultimately annoying when trying to go for more attempts.

We also ran into a bug that wouldn't let us back in saying someone inside was in combat while we were all outside trying to get back in. Reforming fixes it but we had to reclear trash.

The Hutt op is a whole other story. However despite these issues I still am looking forward to more. I had fun and coming from a huge mmo background I understand these are issues that will get fixed soon enough. Least I don't hafta run through an entire lower level fp to get to the operation. =P

Jrmint

Interesting. Hadn't considered this an option. Do you set the game exe to run in XP mode or the launcher or both?

I think it would the game exe. I right click on the game and then go to properties and it was one of the options under there.

They said by doing this it frees up ram from having to do all the visual crap that vista uses when running the game.

TheYanger

Had the opportunity to do some operations last night. It was interesting to say the least. I came in right before the first boss of eternity vault. The boss was enjoyable and didn't run into any bugs to speak of.

But then it got interesting, after clearing 20 min of non itemized trash we got to the second boss and wiped. Nothing wrong with the fight itself it's more the aftermath. After engaging the second boss, whenever you're out of combat anyone in the group has a chance of instant dying out of nowhere. It even happens outside of the instance. It's pretty amusing but ultimately annoying when trying to go for more attempts.

We also ran into a bug that wouldn't let us back in saying someone inside was in combat while we were all outside trying to get back in. Reforming fixes it but we had to reclear trash.

The Hutt op is a whole other story. However despite these issues I still am looking forward to more. I had fun and coming from a huge mmo background I understand these are issues that will get fixed soon enough. Least I don't hafta run through an entire lower level fp to get to the operation. =P

Hey running 40 people through BRD to get to MC was fun! /sarcasm

Realyn

Don´t know why you are being sarcastic about it. When I did BRD, upper, MC and so on most of the raid wasn´t even 60 and geared in green/blue stuff. Also there were none, really none guides, except one for MC by some US guild.
We laughed alot, discussed alot, flamed alot, wiped alot and cheered alot. Good times 8].

usea

It was fun watching people try to swim the lava shortcut who couldn't quite make it. Had a permanent res station on that first rock.

One time we zoned into MC from BRD and all 40 of us ended up in the same instance as 40 alliance. Much fighting ensued, and somebody pulled the golems. Early wow was a strange place. Having to leave people logged in with leader to keep the instance alive for the next day, etc.

Patryn

Don´t know why you are being sarcastic about it. When I did BRD, upper, MC and so on most of the raid wasn´t even 60 and geared in green/blue stuff. Also there were none, really none guides, except one for MC by some US guild.
We laughed alot, discussed alot, flamed alot, wiped alot and cheered alot. Good times 8].

As a relative newbie to MMOs.... are you speaking English?

Slightly sarcastic, but no, I don't understand half this post.

usea

What happened to reverse engineering?
You only have reverse engineering if you have a crafting crew skill. And you can only reverse engineer the kinds of things your skill can craft. Maybe you don't have any crafting skills, or the UI has bugged out and thinks you don't have any?

Sorry if you already know this, but you were kind of vague so I'm just trying to help.

All the time I'll switch from one character to another and the game thinks I have 4 crew skills. One of them will be at 0 skill and if I try to do missions for it, the level range selector says "Undefined" and there are no missions listed.

Patryn

You only have reverse engineering if you have a crafting crew skill. And you can only reverse engineer the kinds of things your skill can craft. Maybe you don't have any crafting skills, or the UI has bugged out and thinks you don't have any?

Sorry if you already know this, but you were kind of vague so I'm just trying to help.

All the time I'll switch from one character to another and the game thinks I have 4 crew skills. One of them will be at 0 skill and if I try to do missions for it, the level range selector says "Undefined" and there are no missions listed.

I'm also fairly certain you also have to have your skill high enough to RE the specific item, or it will remain dark when you click Reverse Engineer.

Heysoos

Freaking CC is a fucking mess in Warzones. CC breaks do jack shit too, cool down is extremely long, and if you do use it, you're likely going to be CCed again in seconds. So freaking annoying, it's pretty single handily ruining any enjoyment I may have had in Warzones.

Realyn

I can´t image playing warzones without my 2 sec speed boost(30 sec cd) and aoe knockback(20 sec cd).

Whenever I get hit I press cleanse, or whatever it is called, aoe knockback, then sprint and I RUN for my life. While doing that a shield and HoT on me and I´m fine. Must be a real pain for Imp´s to kill a sage.

Edit: And I have a instant 4 sec stun myself(again only 60 sec CD). Writing all that I allready see a sage nerf comming ...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Freaking CC is a fucking mess in Warzones. CC breaks do jack shit too, cool down is extremely long, and if you do use it, you're likely going to be CCed again in seconds. So freaking annoying, it's pretty single handily ruining any enjoyment I may have had in Warzones.
Aren't you supposed to be more selective on when you use your breaker and rely more on trying to get the resolve bar filled so you'll be immune to CC?

Top Bottom