• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

TheYanger

I've now won 3 times today, my daily sits at 0/3 and my weekly at 3/9

FUCKING BULLSHIT.
I don't think it's asking too much to fix, as a republic player on a pvp server it's basically a miracle any time I get a win, I could be 2/3 done and spend 4 hours queueing to get the next one. I don't have time for the wins to not count.

Heysoos

I like Republic GAF. Nothing against anyone here. It just seems really quiet most of the time (at least when I'm on).

I was still on my vacation though (today is my last day). So I played mostly during the day, when other people were at work. I didn't play that much during "prime time". It's probably more active then or something.

A lot of times, at least when I've noticed guild chat to be really quiet, there's either very little people on, or a good bunch of us are running FPs/Warzones, could be time also though, I see the guild chat plenty active sometimes.

I suggest you try and get a GAF group going and teach a few of us how PvP works in this game! PvP always goes better when one person who completely understands the maps can take charge and tell the groups what to do initially. It also helps that GAF people will listen and (hopefully) want to learn, whereas randoms will just get pissed off because "You can't tell me what to do / how to play!"

Once my new computer parts come in and I can get a framerate better then 15, I was going to try dipping into PvP a bit. I love being a healbot. Lets get a group together!

Sure, I have no problem setting up groups, it'd probably take away the frustration of losing with complete randoms. :p I think Jaina was running groups for a while but then stopped.

the only games the republic wins no my server is voidstar, we dominate those.

The ones I win the most on KV Republic is Alderaan. :/ My least favorite too.

joelseph

A lot of times, at least when I've noticed guild chat to be really quiet, there's either very little people on, or a good bunch of us are running FPs/Warzones, could be time also though, I see the guild chat plenty active sometimes.

Shouldn't chat be quiet due to Mumble? That is where my guild lives in our out of games.

Heysoos

Shouldn't chat be quiet due to Mumble? That is where my guild lives in our out of games.

We have TS server, don't know how active it is though, haven't been in it. Probably wouldn't be a good TeamSpeak person either though, I usually have music blasting when I'm playing. <_<

Izayoi

Banned
This thread is starting to look like the official forums. Too much RNG whining for me (random is random folks, that's kinda the point). Have fun and keep some perspective; game's been out two weeks.
You don't have a problem with that? Hard work should not be rewarded with something random. Give the unlucky ones a way to grind it out, if need be. The current system sucks, people are right to whine about it.

Zafir

You don't have a problem with that? Hard work should not be rewarded with something random. Give the unlucky ones a way to grind it out, if need be. The current system sucks, people are right to whine about it.

Agreed. Especially when you can get duplicates you don't want. My friend has gotten two sets of the champion bracers and two sets of the offhand. There shoud be some system where you can trade it in for the equivalent amount of champion commendations or something. I haven't got any duplicates yet, but then again, my luck hasn't been particularly great with the bags.

windz

Separate question for people who are doing Cybertech...are you buying your materials, or do they all come from scavenging and investigation?

99% of my materials came from Scavenging and Underworld Trading. Only recently have I started buying some materials off the GTN due to making blues that sell quickly and running out of mats. And while it has cost me a lot to send out my 3 companions on missions constantly, I usually make back what it costs with what I craft + and then some on occasion. There are a few things that sell REALLY well/consistently in Cybertech.

JWong

Banned

Except it's pretty easy to get those bags. You get 2 every day for playing about an hour. IMO it should be harder. Regardless, you get centurion commendations to spend.

Izayoi

Banned
Except it's pretty easy to get those bags. You get 2 every day for playing about an hour. IMO it should be harder. Regardless, you get centurion commendations to spend.
Centurion gear is awful and really not worth even mentioning outside of its cosmetic appearance. You don't think that opening over 90 bags and not getting a full set is ridiculous? Today I'll break 100 bags, and I'm willing to bet that I still won't have a full set. That's over 5 days of /played in PvP alone. I can't imagine how many months it would take to get Battlemaster gear, seeing as there is no way to actually grind boxes.

Empire GAF is best GAF.

I have an addiction to making alts, now I have

Level 8 Bounty Hunter - Sunday
Level 10 Sith Warrior (Jugg) - Monday
Level 19 Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer) - Tee'hee
Level 25 Jedi Knight (Sentinel) - Prominenet
Level 26 Jedi Consular (Shadow) - Empathy
Level 38 Imperial Agent (Operative) - Thursday

Agreed on Empire GAF, but I only have two characters. My jug and my assassin.

Anyway, what's this about them fixing the high res textures I keep hearing about?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Khem Val : Gundam edition
Screenshot_2012-01-06_10_18_59_239549.jpg

daoster

99% of my materials came from Scavenging and Underworld Trading. Only recently have I started buying some materials off the GTN due to making blues that sell quickly and running out of mats. And while it has cost me a lot to send out my 3 companions on missions constantly, I usually make back what it costs with what I craft + and then some on occasion. There are a few things that sell REALLY well/consistently in Cybertech.

Do you level them more or less at the same time? My cybertech level is behind both scavenging and ut. The reason why i ask is because i‘m running out of materials to create things for cybertech despite having a lot of materials from scavenging and ut...maybe i should be running the lower level ut and scavenging missions? Maybe i need to buy more recipes when i‘m on the fleet next?

JWong

Banned
Centurion gear is awful and really not worth even mentioning outside of its cosmetic appearance. You don't think that opening over 90 bags and not getting a full set is ridiculous? Today I'll break 100 bags, and I'm willing to bet that I still won't have a full set. That's over 5 days of /played in PvP alone. I can't imagine how many months it would take to get Battlemaster gear, seeing as there is no way to actually grind boxes.

No, it's not ridiculous. Get to 60 Valor then you get your Champion's set through commendation.

In fact, it should take you a week's played worth of PVP grinding to get one piece. Right now it's pretty damn easy.

Would you mind sharing what those things are?

I haven't had much luck selling my armoring or mods. That might be because I haven't put too much on the GTN because my luck at learning blue and purple schematics has dropped considerably at the higher levels.

Do you level them more or less at the same time? My cybertech level is behind both scavenging and ut. The reason why i ask is because i‘m running out of materials to create things for cybertech despite having a lot of materials from scavenging and ut...maybe i should be running the lower level ut and scavenging missions? Maybe i need to buy more recipes when i‘m on the fleet next?

My cybertech was way behind my UT and Scavenging until I started buying the higher level recipes from the vendor. A lot of those require lower level components. For example, I'm level 40 and have been making level 37 and 39 mods and armoring for myself which require level 4 scavenged metals and compounds. You can also stack cybertech missions for your companion. Have him/her make some 6 might mod 20s (or whatever is still rated green or higher) and it will jump in no time.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
+1 for empire gaf. I'm getting that warzone win bug too... I should have finished my daily with 3/3 wins yesterday before the server maintanence, but nope, stupid bug.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why does my Imperial Agent sound like a completely different person all of the sudden?

cametall

Why does my Imperial Agent sound like a completely different person all of the sudden?

For some story quests he drops the English accent to keep his identity secret. I guess all Imperials have English accents.

Or they changed actors part way through recording. I'm on Tatooine and it's still the same ... I think.

Won

No, it's not ridiculous. Get to 60 Valor then you get your Champion's set through commendation.

In fact, it should take you a week's played worth of PVP grinding to get one piece. Right now it's pretty damn easy.

That's the thing. It's neither easy nor hard. It's random.

Patryn

For some story quests he drops the English accent to keep his identity secret. I guess all Imperials have English accents.

Or they changed actors part way through recording. I'm on Tatooine and it's still the same ... I think.

Yeah, English accent = Imperial. So if you're a spy, you'd probably want to drop it so as to not immediately call out who you're working for.

I can say this, because the accent thing comes up as part of the Trooper storyline.

Ryu

It has nothing to do with levelling and everything to do with end-game balance

Artifice is fine for levelling but useless at 50. The only reason I haven't dropped it is because I have some bizarre obsession with unlocking random advanced schematics for alts or friends to use at level 50 for an extremely brief period before they get an easy upgrade from pve/pvp

I disagree. I can craft lightsabers (orange) and relics (purple - with augment slots). That will be pretty important down the line. Artifice also makes the color crystals that all classes need so there's that too. I've already had fresh 50's in my guild asking me for the level 48 epic type color crystals for their moddable weapons. Every person hitting 50 will need at least one so the market will be there soon when more people hit 50.

-------------------------

Also, gear is extremely important when leveling. You should be gearing yourself out and modding your equipment as necessary. You should be doing the same for your companions. Your companion gear is great at that level, but if you're not upgrading your own gear and your companions, you will run into trouble and you will die.

Tacitus_

I disagree. I can craft lightsabers (orange) and relics (purple - with augment slots). That will be pretty important down the line. Artifice also makes the color crystals that all classes need so there's that too. I've already had fresh 50's in my guild asking me for the level 48 epic type color crystals for their moddable weapons. Every person hitting 50 will need at least one so the market will be there soon when more people hit 50.

ITT: people not getting what "useless at max lvl" means. So, you can craft gear that's equivalent to hardmode flashpoint drops. Good for you. After everyone is running those, your profession is useless outside of maybe selling something to new guys. Biochem and Cybertech will always be relevant since they give reusable consumables.

ITT: people not getting what "useless at max lvl" means. So, you can craft gear that's equivalent to hardmode flashpoint drops. Good for you. After everyone is running those, your profession is useless outside of maybe selling something to new guys. Biochem and Cybertech will always be relevant since they give reusable consumables.

It's not like the list of craftable items is fixed for the indefinite future.

Tacitus_

It's not like the list of craftable items is fixed for the indefinite future.

True, but even if they give you a new item per tier of gear, it'll still be just that item - which might even get replaced when you get more loot. Biochem and cybertech will still be giving you the same edge all the time.

TheYanger

And how long it took you to get that?

Compare it to getting 1 token in 80 hours of constant PVPing.

Your logic is retarded.
Making them consistent and not random has nothing to do with suddenly making it an absurd grind. 1 item per say, 5 hours of pvp, sounds totally reasonable to me. Possibly a bit less, take your pick. A lot better than 3 hours of pvp for a CHANCE at an item or 1/30th of a lesser item.

Patryn

I asked this earlier, but didn't get an answer. Just how busted is the Sentinel from a purely PvE experience? I have absolutely no interest in PvP, and I'm really feeling like rolling a Jedi Knight alt, and I'm kind of a fan of the whole dual lightsabers thing.

Do we have any sort of an ETA on when JKs are getting fixed?

JWong

Banned
Your logic is retarded.
Making them consistent and not random has nothing to do with suddenly making it an absurd grind. 1 item per say, 5 hours of pvp, sounds totally reasonable to me. Possibly a bit less, take your pick. A lot better than 3 hours of pvp for a CHANCE at an item or 1/30th of a lesser item.

5 hours of PVP for a pvp item? I guess you haven't played WoW.
zBiSn.png

border

Gathering professions have always been better moneymakers than crafting professions, since most people are willing to sell their goods for only slightly more than the cost of materials.

But crafting gets you a bind-on-pickup set of epic gear, and at some point crafters will probably get the same stuff they had in WoW. Special exclusive mods/enchants and the ability to make important crafting materials (on a long cooldown).

At some point in an MMO, money becomes utterly useless because there is no way to improve your character with it. You've bought all the BoE equipment and mods/enchants that you can......and everything else that will make you better is BoP. Taking up crafting is part of getting the buffs you can't get with money.

Also, gear is extremely important when leveling. You should be gearing yourself out and modding your equipment as necessary. You should be doing the same for your companions. Your companion gear is great at that level, but if you're not upgrading your own gear and your companions, you will run into trouble and you will die.

I would probably disagree on this point. The game is balanced so that anyone in garbage gear can cakewalk through it. I don't see the point in modding leveling gear. Perhaps if I got an epic item that would be good for 10 levels I might, but everything else just gets replaced so quickly.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is it the starter planet? Your boss tells you to lose the accent, so they sound american while in Nem'ro's palace.
No, this is on Belsavis. And no, I'm not wearing a helmet and it has nothing to do with voice modification, it just feels like a completely different person is doing the voice acting for my character now. This is with people I have no reason to hide an accent from either.

Top Bottom