• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

cackhyena

I don't know of any you should really avoid, but I wouldn't get 2 unrelated mission skills like treasure hunting and diplomacy. You should probably get a gathering skill that compliments your crafting skill and a mission skill that does as well. If you look in your codex, you'll see what you can get from each skill and what goes with what.

Thanks.

Well, played 13 matches today and won all of 2 -- not even enough for my daily. Just looked over to find that it didn't credit me with one of those wins. So I basically went 1 and 13.

The 50 bracket will be a step in the right direction, but the fact of the matter is that it won't change much. It was pure luck to be put on a server with such zealous Empire PVP groups while the Republic is so lacking in that regard. So I'm now faced with having to decide between keeping on with my character that I invested 9 days of playtime and playing with the only best GAF guild or actually enjoying the game.

Yes. This is the thing that's irking me the most in this game: I feel like there aren't very many people playing it who give a shit. I watch streams of people on other servers where there are constantly 200+ people in the Imperial Fleet when there are less than 100 in the Republic Fleet on Keller's Void. Republic PVP on KV is a fucking exercise in futility. I already leveled a marauder on a server even emptier than this one to level 34 (and abandoned it), now I've got my commando to 35 and I'm beginning to contemplate rerolling on another server on the imperial side in order to ensure a decent population of players.

It feels like they should have about half as many servers as they do with twice the people on them because playing an MMO AT LAUNCH in leveling zones with less than 50 other people in the WHOLE ZONE is just stupid. It's impossible to find people to group with and the worlds are so huge that things just feel empty and lifeless. This is what's killing the game for me: WoW servers felt fucking packed with people at all times, especially after an expansion release. These servers just... don't.

Ken

Pssht to all your color crystal arguments. This is the weapon of a real Sith.

Screenshot_2012-01-06_18_00_37_500300.jpg

Screenshot_2012-01-06_18_00_31_238942.jpg

That's an awesome helmet. What equips are you wearing? Might have to roll Empire to wear that.

Izayoi

Banned
One thing that I still can't believe isn't fixed is the Voidstar door exploit. No mention of it in next week's patch notes and complete silence on the issue since it was discovered in beta.

What's the deal?

Choc

Banned
One thing that I still can't believe isn't fixed is the Voidstar door exploit. No mention of it in next week's patch notes and complete silence on the issue since it was discovered in beta.

What's the deal?

whats the exploit?

So do Imps really just get nonstop Huttball?

Republic seems to always get a variety but we always seem to lose.. Or at lease lose a good 75% of them AT LEAST.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Classes start next semester. I'm also going back to work soon.
I'm trying to force myself not to play this anymore because I won't have time to play this, and work, and school and try other games.

It's not working so far.

Kalnos

Banned
GAF Keller Void Imps.. Do you have to play a ton of huttball or is it like maybe 2 for every 1 other WZ?

I'm not on Keller Void, I'm on Terentatek, but I would say it's about:

75% hutball vs Imp.
15% voidstar.
9% hutball vs Rep.
1% alderaan (I have no idea why this is so rare :<).

Dina

Decided to reroll a Sith Inquisitor after getting my Marauder to level 16. Definitely the most unbalanced, absolute shitty class ever. No CC or AOE abilities, and trying to take on more than 1 mob at a time is just utterly impossible.

Seems Inquisitor is pretty much the only damn class people are bothering to play anyway, which is sad.

Game still needs a lot of work, mainly on making other classes appealing to play.

This is just plain wrong. Are you even past level 10? Inquisitors/Consulars are the very first class to take off. They get a lot of meaty goodies (slows, stuns, heals, etc) in their 10-20 range, while others get it much later.

If you wanna complain, complain about the SW/JK. They take off the slowest.

Izayoi

Banned
Wow, the game gave me the wrong piece when I exchanged a Champion barter and I have a feeling that they'll never respond to my ticket.

:|

:|

TheYanger

This is just plain wrong. Are you even past level 10? Inquisitors/Consulars are the very first class to take off. They get a lot of meaty goodies (slows, stuns, heals, etc) in their 10-20 range, while others get it much later.

If you wanna complain, complain about the SW/JK. They take off the slowest.

He was, Said Marauder was awful, and inquis is night and day better. Reread what you quoted ;)

Mairu

After figuring out the trick to getting magenta crystals I'm extremely disappointed that the only way to get the schematics to craft them is by hoping it happens to drop off a world boss with a 2 hour respawn timer. Killed him twice and no crystals, not going to be surprised if the next few days we won't be able to get him down if the other, bigger guilds decide to start farming for the patterns.

Why does Bioware hate Artifice :(

I am very happy that the rakata/columi relics have endurance added to them on the PTR, but Artifice is still annoyingly disappointing.

Vlodril

The Foundry was by far the best piece of the game so far.

hk 47 was awesome and so was revan. Great music as well. Love the dialog. First time i actually felt sad after finishing that. Great line about Hk-47 waiting for him for 300 hundred years. I wish there was an option to spare him

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I'm pretty sure he was talking about the Marauder there, guys.

Oh wow you are right. i totally misread that. At least it wasnt just me lol

edit:
Enjoy Zeal. You are going from zero to hero with that change. From what ive read about Marauder you deserve it. Hopefully Marauder and its twin are fixed soon.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
PVP is unplayable at the moment, there's some sort of weird in-describable lag for me that makes it hard to use all the hazards in Huttball.

Besides the fact that I, at level 32, are fighting level 50s in level 50 gear with level 50 abilities. I know the level 50s will get their own bracket, but I hope they also do groups of 10 soon.

The level discrepancies are fixable, of course. I'm just worried the lag problem won't ever go away. It does seem a little bit better than it was in the beta, but that was during the weekend tests and mightve just been extra laggy then.

Izayoi

Banned
The level discrepancies are fixable, of course. I'm just worried the lag problem won't ever go away. It does seem a little bit better than it was in the beta, but that was during the weekend tests and mightve just been extra laggy then.
What is your latency?

Heroic 4 areas are so poorly designed. Two of them on Tatooine are only available after you finish the main portion of quests there and start Bonus Series. Terrible design, not going to waste 1-2 hours looking for group, got my ass to Alderaan, almost lvl 32.

I would love to see some group space combat missions, that stuff is addicting!

Any idea where do I get the titles from Balmorra, Nar Shaadda, etc.? I assumed you get it after you finish MQ + Bonus Series, but nope, nothing.

One more thing - how should I reverse engineer? Should I make one copy, reverse engineer, make another copy? Or simply make all of them at once and RE the whole batch?

TheYanger

Heroic 4 areas are so poorly designed. Two of them on Tatooine are only available after you finish the main portion of quests there and start Bonus Series. Terrible design, not going to waste 1-2 hours looking for group, got my ass to Alderaan, almost lvl 32.

I would love to see some group space combat missions, that stuff is addicting!

Any idea where do I get the titles from Balmorra, Nar Shaadda, etc.? I assumed you get it after you finish MQ + Bonus Series, but nope, nothing.

One more thing - how should I reverse engineer? Should I make one copy, reverse engineer, make another copy? Or simply make all of them at once and RE the whole batch?

First method takes longer, wastes less mats. Second method takes less time, uses more mats. Up to you beyond that

Awesome game at its core with balance and bug issues but nothing very serious and nothing that can't be fixed relatively quickly.

I played the early access and enjoyed it as a game, but was left a little unsure what it offered as an MMO. Granted I only reached level 16 or so, so the game may have opened up beyond that level.

Do you see yourself resubbing once the 30 days are over (if you already haven't)?

Have they solved the queue issues?

TheYanger

I played the early access and enjoyed it as a game, but was left a little unsure what it offered as an MMO. Granted I only reached level 16 or so, so the game may have opened up beyond that level.

Do you see yourself resubbing once the 30 days are over (if you already haven't)?

Queues solved themselves, as they do with any new release. Lots of people have quit, lots of people have gotten over their initial 'must play 24-7' periods, servers are settled into stable states.

I think it's worth playing if you enjoy wow gameplay and like KOTOR/ME storytelling, beyond that who knows but you can play for at least the first month and get your money's worth.

I think it's worth playing if you enjoy wow gameplay and like KOTOR/ME storytelling, beyond that who knows but you can play for at least the first month and get your money's worth.

That was the impression I got from the early access that it was very much a standalone game, rather than a MMO. BH Tank with a Medic Companion meant I didn't really have much need for other people.

Story was great, however. Gameplay was decent. Just wasn't sure on spending £9 to keep playing it beyond the 30 days.

hamchan

Yeah I'm resubbing so I can play through the class stories since I'm finding them quite interesting so far. Stuff beyond that like raiding or PvP I'm not really interested in so I can't speak too much on that. PvP I hear is kinda screwed with Huttball appearing as the mode most of the time when there are 2 other warzone types out there. Also I hear the amount of CC some classes get is annoying and hard to fight against.

TheYanger

Yeah I'm resubbing so I can play through the class stories since I'm finding them quite interesting so far. Stuff beyond that like raiding or PvP I'm not really interested in so I can't speak too much on that. PvP I hear is kinda screwed with Huttball appearing as the mode most of the time when there are 2 other warzone types out there. Also I hear the amount of CC some classes get is annoying and hard to fight against.

PVP is a blast, but you really need to be high level before that's the case. Huttball is only common as empire, becauseit's the only same-faction available WZ. as republic I get them all equally.

First method takes longer, wastes less mats. Second method takes less time, uses more mats. Up to you beyond that

Is discovery rate the same for one item per RE vs. whole batch? Also, can I only discover one improved recipe from one regular recipe? Do I have to do like that:

Medpack X for Improved Medpack X, Medpack Y for Improved Medpack Y, Cunning +X for Improved Cunning +X, Cunning +Y for Improved Cunning +Y?

Cheech

This game is fantastic. I'm very interested to see how they keep the same high level of production values in expansions/add ons, but I bought my 60 day time card and want to keep it rolling. I don't necessarily see myself playing a full year as I did with WoW at launch, but this , BF3, and ME3 are all I'm going to need for several months. I'm EA's bitch.

Also, I rolled Sith Inquisitor, unaware how popular it was. It was the class closest to a WoW warlock, which I loved playing. It's weird, because at least at launch, warlock was one of the least popular WoW classes for years. Oh well!

TheYanger

Is discovery rate the same for one item per RE vs. whole batch? Also, can I only discover one improved recipe from one regular recipe? Do I have to do like that:

Medpack X for Improved Medpack X, Medpack Y for Improved Medpack Y, Cunning +X for Improved Cunning +X, Cunning +Y for Improved Cunning +Y?

Yes to all.

Top Bottom