• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Lain

People don't like the new cooldown animation? It seems more clear to me.

I dislike it. Greyed out until it was usable again was better, because with the new way I'm never completely sure if the cooldown is done, or if there's still some seconds left.

LMAO, hey guys continue subbing and you will get titles.....that everyone else will also get...

No really trust us it's totally worth it.

Sincerely,
Bioware.

Patryn

Why does /v/ have such a big grudge against this game?

Everyone has a grudge against this game, simply because it's EA, and because they spent so much money on it.

I was fully in favor of the game and against the haters until this latest mess. Now I'm doubting Bioware's ability to competently run this game.

Moaradin

Everyone has a grudge against this game, simply because it's EA, and because they spent so much money on it.

I was fully in favor of the game and against the haters until this latest mess. Now I'm doubting Bioware's ability to competently run this game.

Damn if we were all so cynical about early MMOs, they'd all be D.O.A

Honestly, this Ilum issue sucks, but is a day of buggy patch (nothing new to MMOs.) going to really matter a week from now?

Patryn

Damn if we were all so cynical about early MMOs, they'd all be D.O.A

This is my first MMO, so this is new to me. I'm not bailing now, as I'm planning on subscribing for at least the first month, so I'm not a total doom crier. But I'm worried.

It's not just the patch. It's the dropping number of players, too. It's the constant bagging on one of my chosen classes, the admittance of problems by Bioware, but no signs of any fixes.

TheYanger

Sprint is useful for moving across large indoor areas where mounting is not allowed. It turns off when out of combat. It would make more sense if it were passive as was said earlier. As a stealth class i also found it handy because it had a visual and audio cue for when i dropped combat. i dont see the issue with the ability though.

Sprint never turns off when you're in combat, there's a big difference friend.

As far as the founder medal thing...kind of lame, since they gave a grace period on activation for pre-orders, so basically I preordered forever ago, was playing days BEFORE launch, and subbed when I had to, but I'm not a founder? That makes fucking sense.

Sigfodr

As far as Ilum is concerned, I am so sorry for fellow Republicans that are at fifty. At my level 30 though, I don't care since it will be fixed long before I get there. The cooldown thing is annoying though, especially since I wasn't ready for it and I kept trying to get my Shock going. I look forward to the zombie thing. My boss made fun of me as if I would be upset about it, but I just said, "It's an MMO. Shit like this is awesome and fun." Also, I'll take some free stuff (medal and title) that kids joining up in a few months won't have, but maybe focus on fixing the problems you just made.

Finished the prologue with my Sorc, and I had said I would jump over to my Scoundrel after that, but honestly I am loving guild chat with Empire GAF. All my friends on Rep miss me, though. #firstworldproblems

Mashing

Wait a minute, so I don't play the game at all but from what I can gather empire folks are killing republic folks by AOE'ing near spawn points? Geezus, just increase the safe zone size so that doesn't happen... problem solved

Moaradin

Wait a minute, so I don't play the game at all but from what I can gather empire folks are killing republic folks by AOE'ing near spawn points? Geezus, just increase the safe zone size so that doesn't happen... problem solved

The faction spawn should be instant kill for the other side. They aren't supposed to be able to spawn camp them. That's the bug that caused all these issues. It's gonna be fixed tomorrow.

daoster

Wow....now (at least on the fleet) the damn loading screen is appearing ALL the time and it's pretty damn annoying. Fix one thing, ruin another....

Sigfodr

That's the idea, but apparently there was in issue with the patch. However, there is a fix incoming: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1822494#edit1822494

Hello everyone; I wanted to update you on the issues we’ve been seeing today on the live servers, specifically within the Open World PvP area on Ilum. We’re aware that on some servers, either Republic or Empire groups have been capturing the Ilum control points, entering the enemy’s base and ‘camping’ the medcenters, preventing the opposite faction from leaving their base to recapture control points. This is not a fair or balanced gameplay experience and can also severely affect client performance, so we’re taking steps to address this.

Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in Warzones, and that the defending faction can take taxis to other points within the zone. In Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended. We have found the issue preventing this from happening under server load and will be publishing an Emergency Patch to address the issue. We’re aiming to have this patch published early tomorrow morning (January 19th, 5 AM US CST).

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

Regarding Valor gains, with the 1.1 update, players now receive a base reward of 20 Valor per unique enemy player defeated in a short time, and this base reward is modified by the number of objectives that the player’s faction owns. The gains are rate limited per player killed, encouraging players to attack unique players, not to pursue vendettas. The Valor gains players can see over time will vary greatly depending on the activity level in the zone. This is expected.

To dispel a couple of rumors that have been seen today – there is no Valor gain from destroying turrets within enemy bases, and none from killing NPCs.

We encourage players to avoid Ilum until our patch is deployed. As a temporary measure we will be disabling taxi services which would normally take players into the Open World PvP area. However, players will still be able to taxi out of the area.

We will continue to monitor Ilum across all servers and will make further changes to gameplay if required. We welcome your feedback here on the Forums, but please ensure your feedback is constructive and specific. Feedback based on rumor does not help us isolate potential issues.

Mashing

The faction spawn should be instant kill for the other side. They aren't supposed to be able to spawn camp them. That's the bug that caused all these issues. It's gonna be fixed tomorrow.

I just remember from LOTRO there were one shot kill NPCs near spawn points to prevent that. So I guess there is something along those lines, but it doesn't work? LOL, that's some nice programming there Bioware.

Einbroch

Banned
People clearly don't remember wow launch if they think the servers were remotely stable at the time. Also remember the zul'gurub reputation glitch?

2004 =/= 2012.

It might seem like a troll response, but it's not. Technology, and especially gaming, has evolved a lot in 8 years. But what does server stability have to do with anything? SWTORs servers have been stable.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
It seems like we're watching a good ol fashioned collapse unfold. At the very least there's a good amount of panic happening.

It must suck for them, it's like watching your stock fall and you have a lot invested on it and you can't sell.

Horrible feeling because it happened to me but thankfully I didn't lose much.

bizatch

Guys, this game wont let me cancel my subscription. It says that "You have no play time. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code. We will keep your account and character information in case you decide to return." The only problem is that if I go to my payment history it says: "Current Subscription: One Month Recurring Subscription". Any tips on making sure I dont get charged for another month besides calling them at 11pm? This sucks, I thought I could just cancel it but I think its bugged or something. Some background, I just put in my visa to get the game going and never wanted to go beyond the one month. Please help.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Guys, this game wont let me cancel my subscription. It says that "You have no play time. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code. We will keep your account and character information in case you decide to return." The only problem is that if I go to my payment history it says: "Current Subscription: One Month Recurring Subscription". Any tips on making sure I dont get charged for another month besides calling them at 11pm? This sucks, I thought I could just cancel it but I think its bugged or something. Some background, I just put it my visa to get the game going and never wanted to go beyond the one month. Please help.

hahahaha

-edit sorry bro just looked funny lol...

Guys, this game wont let me cancel my subscription. It says that "You have no play time. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code. We will keep your account and character information in case you decide to return." The only problem is that if I go to my payment history it says: "Current Subscription: One Month Recurring Subscription". Any tips on making sure I dont get charged for another month besides calling them at 11pm? This sucks, I thought I could just cancel it but I think its bugged or something. Some background, I just put it my visa to get the game going and never wanted to go beyond the one month. Please help.

Try https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel

Not sure if it'll work, since I cannot login without the authenticator. Hopefully it does.

Rookje

People clearly don't remember wow launch if they think the servers were remotely stable at the time. Also remember the zul'gurub reputation glitch?
This is like excusing yourself for having no inventory, stock or staff after opening a store as a competitor to Best Buy.

Patryn

I start to wonder how WoW survived this long with the type of gamers MMOs have created.

Inertia?

And for those saying "WoW didn't have the most stable launch, and people didn't freak out then," what you're forgetting is that WoW didn't have to compete with what WoW is now. The current stability of WoW has spoiled people, so these disasters seem worse in comparison.

Azzurri

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=198957

I cancelled a few days ago, so I can't confirm. Can't wait to see the spin on this if true.

AndHereWeGo.gif

Top Bottom