• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Lain

I start to wonder how WoW survived this long with the type of gamers MMOs have created.

It was a better game at release, even with the servers crashing (which I didn't experience since I started playing wow 3 weeks to 1 month after it launched). Poor decisions and what seems an inability to act swiftly to fix shit doesn't help this game.

Guys, this game wont let me cancel my subscription. It says that "You have no play time. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code. We will keep your account and character information in case you decide to return." The only problem is that if I go to my payment history it says: "Current Subscription: One Month Recurring Subscription". Any tips on making sure I dont get charged for another month besides calling them at 11pm? This sucks, I thought I could just cancel it but I think its bugged or something. Some background, I just put in my visa to get the game going and never wanted to go beyond the one month. Please help.

The link posted above should work for you, looks like there's some sort of "bug" COUGH COUGH COUGH that shows people as unsubscribed even though they are in fact subscribed and their payment reflects as much as you mentioned.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I start to wonder how WoW survived this long with the type of gamers MMOs have created.

The pipeline of the content already in place and pacing. Things JUST got stale in it's recent history and that's after a long ass time of quality content.

The most important aspect of the game was already in place. A groundbreaking level foundation of gameplay deemed crack like to maintain an addicted player base.

Yes! thank you! "Your subscription has been cancelled." Perfect. Really guys, I am doing this because I think this game needs a lot of work. I might come back, maybe. I played WoW for a solid 2 years, but that was a different time.

Delete your payment method(s) as well. Probably not necessary, but there have been a few fuck ups in recent years with old/dead accounts being charged in various MMOs.

Hawk269

Guys, this game wont let me cancel my subscription. It says that "You have no play time. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code. We will keep your account and character information in case you decide to return." The only problem is that if I go to my payment history it says: "Current Subscription: One Month Recurring Subscription". Any tips on making sure I dont get charged for another month besides calling them at 11pm? This sucks, I thought I could just cancel it but I think its bugged or something. Some background, I just put in my visa to get the game going and never wanted to go beyond the one month. Please help.

Sorry to hear that. I cancelled mine yesterday, but that was only because when I initially signed up I went with a 6 month plan. So I had to cancel and then re-sub for 1 month only. After playing early start and my 1st 30 days, I am not willing to commit 6 months of my hard earned money on a game that so far has had too many issues. However, I will committ to another month to see where things go and how quickly they put out hot-fixes for 1.1.

The game is fun, just a technical mess from lacking graphic options, bugs (dating back to over a year ago in beta bugs) and just a host of other issues. The other reason I am giving them 1 more month is alot of friends are planning to go 60 days since they bought the sub-cards and those only come in 60 day increments.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Whiners causing a riot over any little issue.
I'm not sure how breaking your entire PvP system in a manner that potentially has long term repercussions is a little issue, but okay, I guess. You are free to pay Bioware $15 a month to break a game that was a mess to begin with, but you probably shouldn't expect everyone else to.

Francois424

Neo Member
Mass exodus

God, my server is already dead (Galactic market Speaking), that I was forced to take up Cybertech to make my own Item Modification stuff, and Nerfed-Slicing(tm) to make money outside of questing . It can't really get any worse than that.

Hopefully the population will stabilize to a healthy amount and worst case scenario, we get server merge to better population.

But as usual, I seriously think people are just over-reacting on the whole thing.
It's an important issue, yes, but I'm sure they'll fix it the proper way (if not then, wow... -_-)
We'll see in a few months.

By the way, stuck at work... Has anyone been able to confirm/deny the stealth Slicing-Buff someone was telling us about ?

Thoraxes

Because they've constantly iterated and innovated with game-systems and attentiveness to problems and problem-solving in World of Warcraft, and rarely let it stay stagnant (however things have definitely slowed down since WotLK, that's for sure).

Thoraxes

i don't think bioware checked itself before it riggity wrecked itself :(
If anything, I hope they're a bit more careful with when and how they deploy patches, and at the very least allow level 50 premades for the PTRs. Those things will go a long way into the stability of the game.

It won't matter at all next week.
Why? Are they taking away the gear?

I'm not sure what the definition of "matter at all" is. However, it seems to me that suddenly handing out tons of valor and a truckload of the highest level PvP gear will have some big repercussions, though, both on Warzones and on raiding. Particularly when it's almost entirely given to one faction.

bill0527

lol things like this make it real hard for me to buy the game

So afraid to sink money into an mmo that could fail.

Dude I've put 100 hours into this game in the last 37 days (I had day 1 early access).

If the game shuts down tomorrow forever, I've easily gotten my money's worth.

I can't recall any other game I've purchased recently where I've gotten that much play time out of $60. Maybe Skyrim comes close, but I've probably only put 60-70 hours into that.

FLEABttn

Banned
Poor decisions and what seems an inability to act swiftly to fix shit doesn't help this game.

Turning off Taxi's and patching the fix tomorrow morning is an inability to act? Really?

---

A day of Ilum problems is hardly worth shitting oneself over. Threats of quitting and actually quitting over this seems pointless.

Turning off Taxi's and patching the fix tomorrow morning is an inability to act? Really?

---

A day of Ilum problems is hardly worth shitting oneself over. Threats of quitting and actually quitting over this seems pointless.
That's how MMOs work, you loudly and vocally threaten to quit over everything.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I think he means that WoW is responsible for turning mannered, responsible, intelligent gamers into "trolls."

Nah, MMO forums were the same before WoW. It's why I generally avoid the forums of any MMO. You would hope that the GAF community was above that sort of doom crying over reaction but I guess not.

Berordn

---

You're new to this MMO thing, eh? People will make a mountain out of a molehill over the stupidest things, and ignore the more pressing issues.

Choc

Banned
You're new to this MMO thing, eh? People will make a mountain out of a molehill over the smallest things, and ignore the more pressing issues.

whilst i agree about mountains out of mole hills. This does have the ability to fuck up high level PVP for a looooooong time.

has bioware SERIOUSLY removed the cancel button today?

LOL if true

rockx4

Wow, they really did remove the "cancel subscription" link from the account page... it was there yesterday when i switched my 3 months to monthly... now I don't know if I want to even keep it monthly. Pretty shady "bug" that's happening right at the end of the 30 days.

bill0527

That's how MMOs work, you loudly and vocally threaten to quit over everything.

Yep.

And that's also the answer for the guy who was wondering what this statement meant on the previous page:

Whiny, entitled, doomsaying, sky-is-falling, fix this shit now, I mean NOW, I mean fix it right fucking NOW, or me, my guild, all 300 of my friends, my mom, their moms, and my pet chinchilla are all going to quit this ridiculous game. It sucked anyway.

Berordn

whilst i agree about mountains out of mole hills. This does have the ability to fuck up high level PVP for a looooooong time.

LOL if true

Just like WoW, PvP clearly isn't the focus of the game, but it does throw it for a loop I suppose.

And the cancel button is back, I just used it. Not to quit, but just because I forgot I had a subscription active and I always prefer to deal in time cards if I can.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
TORtanic eh? Better then Costa Contordia I suppose.

Also this is horrible, I like this game a lot (31 imp agent) but jesus christ, bioware is trying really hard to kill the game today..

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Anyone who thinks the game is gonna die because of this needs their head examined.

I wonder what % of the population is level 50 already, and what % of the population even gives a shit about PVP.

No way to tell about the second one, but I highly doubt this is going to kill the game.
It was a better game at release, even with the servers crashing (which I didn't experience since I started playing wow 3 weeks to 1 month after it launched). Poor decisions and what seems an inability to act swiftly to fix shit doesn't help this game.

Uh, the patch hasn't even been out for 24 hours yet. It could be fixed tonight.

You're a moron.

Moaradin

LOL if true

No? I just checked. Option was there.

Some proof:

ibaDwBwodyQrf0.png

Choc

Banned
Finally Bioware dont be so arrogant. It is blatant you have no clue what you are doing, there are players playing your game which are more qualified to do your job than you yourselves are. If you make a mistake I expect the exact individual who screwed up to come and personally apologize on this forum. I DEMAND this right as a paying customer, it is not something optional, I demand respect as a paying customer.

meanwhile back in the real world.....

seriously the official forums are hillarious

seriously the official forums are hillarious

It's painful for me, as I try to sift through them on a daily basis for items such as the potential slicing buff. For every potentially interesting or informative post you get the most wretched and horrid shit imaginable. The game really needs its own "mmo-champion" or similar news site imo. Obviously more pressing concerns, but hey while we're making a wish list here. :lol

And yeah the threads going a little nuts, I mean tortanic? Seems like the last page has just been incessant gloating at Bioware's mistakes with the patch, did they run over someones dog? Games not going anywhere guys, at least not this early.

To summarize: BRING BACK THE EROTIC DROID FANFICTION.

Einbroch

Banned
Let's get this party started...

Jaicer pulled his ship, 'Enduring Wind', out of hyperspace and checked his orders again.

"Attention Jaicer Reed. The Republic has need of your skills again. An Imperial Commander is going to Nar Shadaa to hire a Duros bounty hunter named Kord Larn. Be advised, both the Commander and the Hunter are extremely skilled in blaster and hand to hand combat. Your pay has been transferred ahead of time. We have no doubt you can handle this", the recording ended and Jaicer's dark red eyes glistened with excitement. He hadn't had a job in a long time. He adjusted his dark grey Gunslinger hat over his black hair. The light inside the cockpit made his tan skin and grey gunslinger coat look ominous and dark. It wasn't like he was a good guy though. He had his own share of sins. He was the farthest possible thing from a hero but he would never call himself a villain. The dual mandalorian heavy blaster pistols resting on his hip were begging to be used. The way there were position on his hip was unique. One was above the other on his right hip. The top's hilt was turned up while the bottom's was turned down. He could draw his blaster faster than any man this way. On his shoulder was a vibro knife in a scabbard. Everything about him seemed dark. His ship wasn't exactly screaming 'sunshine' either. It had a black decal with small pockets of white in some places. Jaicer was busy mulling over how he was going to do his job when his Nav Computer went off telling him to land already. He took the controls and pulled into his personal docking pad. After shutting down his ship, Jaicer left the comfort of his ship and entered the dangerous world that is, Nar Shadaa. He walked in silence through the crowded streets. People were smart enough to avoid him….That is, MOST of the people.

"Excuse me sir?" a voice came from behind him causing him to turn, "Could you spare a few credits?" the voice came from a young looking female blue Twi'lek. She was dressed in a white shirt without sleeves and a pair of ripped up, raggedy looking dark green pants. She didn't even have shoes but she did have a nice gold ring with rubies in it around the middle of her right lekku. Jaicer eyed the gold band with a questioning eye.

"Why do you need credits if you have that?" he asked pointing to the ring. The girl looked slightly sad at the comment. Jaicer raised an eyebrow waiting for the girl to explain.

"It's my mom's. She gave it to my for my birthday. A month after that she died when thieves attacked us. Well no one said life on Nar Shadaa was easy I guess", she sighed before continuing, "I don't want to sell my last connection with my family", she looked stead fast on her decision. Jaicer frowned a bit and looked at the time. He had a few hours before the target was meeting the Hunter. He smiled a tiny bit and looked at the Twi'lek girl. She tilted her head slightly at his smile with innocence.

"Come with me. I'll buy you some lunch and give you a few credits", Jaicer turned before the girl could respond and didn't really care if she followed or not. He was hungry. The sound of light footsteps told him that she was following.

"Tillia," the girl said in half a whisper. Jaicer caught it barely and turned his head without stopping.

"Your name?" he asked. She nodded still looking at the ground. Jaicer looked back ahead. "Jaicer. Nice to meet you. How old are you? You shouldn't be walking these streets alone", he asked. Tillia gave a small smile and picked up her pace to walk side by side with the Smuggler.

Fuck Ilum, boo hoo. The real damn question is...when the fuck are we gonna get some performance updates?! This game should not be bring 580GTXs and 6970s to its knees because you have 10 other people kickin it with you in fleet.

And their AA options suck ass, it's basically 1xAA, 2xAA...really Bioware? Really? 1xAA? The fuck, no one is using a Voodoo card man

I think a lot of you are overreacting quite a bit...soo much negativity. I can only speak for myself, but...this game has been damn fun so far and I have no plans to cancel at this point.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Fuck Ilum, boo hoo. The real damn question is...when the fuck are we gonna get some performance updates?! This game should not be bring 580GTXs and 6970s to its knees because you have 10 other people kickin it with you in fleet.

And their AA options suck ass, it's basically 1xAA, 2xAA...really Bioware? Really? 1xAA? The fuck, no one is using a Voodoo card man

Amen to this.

I have an overclocked i7 930, a GTX570 OC'd, 6GB RAM, and the game is on a 10K RPM drive, and the fleet brings me down to sub 30fps quite often. Just stupid.

It's also crazy how much RAM this game eats up. After an hour or so, it's not uncommon for 5GBs of RAM to be used by the ToR.exe.

Anyhoo, I'm not even playing the game today. I'm gonna wait it out for a couple days, and see what everything is like once the dust settles.

SupaNaab

Level 32 BH. I ran to to Illum see if it was possible to take advantage of the valor situation. Turns out factions are pretty balanced on my server and Illum seemed to be going back and forth for the most part.

Thoraxes

Amen to this.

I have an overclocked i7 930, a GTX570 OC'd, 6GB RAM, and the game is on a 10K RPM drive, and the fleet brings me down to sub 30fps quite often. Just stupid.

It's also crazy how much RAM this game eats up. After an hour or so, it's not uncommon for 5GBs of RAM to be used by the ToR.exe.

Anyhoo, I'm not even playing the game today. I'm gonna wait it out for a couple days, and see what everything is like once the dust settles.

That's why I always run a memory cleaner/optimizer when I play. Keeps things low.

Top Bottom