• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Thanks. I'll probably be skipping Synthweaving since I only plan to have one Force user and he is better off with medium armors.

So to create customizable weapons do I just keep reverse engineering higher grade stuff?

Nope, moddable stuff will have its own schematics.

Varna

My server needs to start putting up Might hilts up for sale.

I think the stigma of Meele range DPS being shit is spreading really fast. I'm seeing people specifically only inviting range DPS characters. This goes for crafters too. I'm one of the only people on my server (shadowtown) that seems to be selling might hilts.

zlatko

Banned
Which server has the highest republic amount of players and is PvP?

I want to make my alt on that since idk what my server is like population wise.

So, I got stunned while on my speeder.
I could attack and everything, but could not move.
Even using /stuck and my Waypoint didn't fix it.
Just... what the hell.

FLEABttn

Banned
Finally got to run Kaon Under Siege and it was alot of fun. Hopefully this is the level of quality to be expected from future flashpoints going forward.

It's a shame that it was swept under the rug yesterday with the Ilum fiasco, but hopefully as the fervor over that dies down some people will start talking about Kaon and Karagga's more.

Yeah, seriously. I just did Kaon and it was a fantastic flashpoint. I'm looking forward to the new ones they add in if this is the quality we can expect.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Is Artifice any good? I'm a bit worried because weapon and armor crafting skills seem kind of worthless.

I constantly use it to upgrade my lightsaber and shield. My guild used alot of what was in artificing while leveling but its not much of a money maker. I like it but i am hoping for some good high level schematics when i get to 50.

Varna

Is Artifice any good? I'm a bit worried because weapon and armor crafting skills seem kind of worthless.

I really like it. I'm at level 37 (Marauder) and I'm always working on having the best hilt and enhancement. It makes a big different in damage and it's always nice to know your dealing more damage then other DPS people.

It makes me enough money to keep my gear updated. Purple items always sell for quiet a bit.

Heysoos

So we got the idea of searching for those Magenta crystals, however the Belsavis boss was being already killed by Goon Squad.. Then someone suggested we try the Hoth world boss..

Tougher fight than we expected..

Success!

No Magenta crystal though. :(

Then we noticed we had enough for an Operation...

Nothing can stop us!

Thanks for the fun Republic GAF! We need to start running more of these. Should help us get more Hard Mode FPs running.

JovethGonzalez said:
ZaneKaiser said:
So I just got an email from Bioware stating I was caught using an "exploit". Um...the valor thing was a bug on your behalf, I was just playing the game like you told me to. They then told me they will take action to reverse the effect of the exploit?!

So I log in and I see my valor rank go from Battlemaster down to Gladiator

I'm sorry but why are you punishing me for something that was your fault?
Hey ZaneKaiser, we just checked with our ToS team and no action was taken against you. Our team is actively investigating those that took extreme advantage of the situation on Ilum, but you, personally, have not been actioned against. However, due to the misinformation that you have posted, your post has been reported to our community forum team and they will take action, per our forum rules.

Many lulz were had this day.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1898519#edit1898519

Does anyone know where the data centers are? Does Western and Eastern servers necessarily mean there are in data centers in those zones?

Looks like it's not hitting full anymore based on torstatus.net. Thinking about playing there.

I think the EU data center is somewhere in Ireland, I don't know where the other ones are.

So we got the idea of searching for those Magenta crystals, however the Belsavis boss was being already killed by Goon Squad.. Then someone suggested we try the Hoth world boss..

Success!

Nothing can stop us!

Thanks for the fun Republic GAF! We need to start running more of these. Should help us get more Hard Mode FPs running.

Who is that handsome sentinel in there :p

Lots of fun tonight taking down our first ops boss in Bonethrasher.

zlatko

Banned
Kellers void

Thanks. I'll create a character this weekend on there.

Is there anyway to just copy exactly what a different character you have looks like to a new character? I kept trying tonight for over 30 minutes to create the same look of my main, but to no avail. :(

Zafir

[IMG/]http://i.minus.com/jfeFGuaStJf4W.jpg[/IMG]

Success!
[IMG/]http://i.minus.com/jGqPAZMYus6wC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG/]http://i.minus.com/jbiNhi4Zi0IgWi.jpg[/IMG]

Nothing can stop us!

It's a level 50 champion mob which drops a magenta crystal in Hoth. You need some water to make it spawn from what I remember.

Belsavis world boss definitely drops the schematic though.

Tess3ract

Banned
It's a level 50 champion mob which drops a magenta crystal in Hoth. You need some water to make it spawn from what I remember.

Belsavis world boss definitely drops the schematic though.
No.

1. You need to click a thing on the moisture vaps on Tat.
2. You need to get to quickly get to hoth, and go up a mountain that slows your movement speed and the buff from the moisture vaps turns into water in your inventory
3. you go to ilum to a specific spot, drink the water, click a crystal, beat a lvl 50 champion boss, and loot the crystal on the ground
4. you now give this crystal (unique) to a crafter that has the schematic that drops off the Belsavis world boss.

Zafir

No.

2. You need to get to quickly get to hoth, and go up a mountain that slows your movement speed and the buff from the moisture vaps turns into water in your inventory
3. you go to ilum to a specific spot, drink the water, click a crystal, beat a lvl 50 champion boss, and loot the crystal on the ground
4. you now give this crystal (unique) to a crafter that has the schematic that drops off the Belsavis world boss.

Pretty sure I saw a video where that champion actually dropped a magenta crystal and didn't need the schematic. I don't really care either way though. The crystal isn't really that good to begin with. The only benefit is the colour, and I have the champions lightsaber which is purple anyway.

usea

In huttball, is there a way to control which direction you're going to go from the air vent jumpy thing? That would make the map so much better for me.

No.

Yeah thats what i've seen, to be specific I think the Hoth world boss drops the schematic for Magenta +33 Critical and the Belsavis boss drops +33 power

Also the Magenta crystals are pretty good disregarding champion gear (you can't even remove the crystals from the raid/pvp sabers either)

At least you can choose which lightsaber to put them in and such rather than being stuck with a specific saber, also of note it costs 22k to remove the crystal from a saber so make sure you put it in the one you want to use!

Mairu

Yeah thats what i've seen, to be specific I think the Hoth world boss drops the schematic for Magenta +33 Critical and the Belsavis boss drops +33 power

Also the Magenta crystals are pretty good disregarding champion gear (you can't even remove the crystals from the raid/pvp sabers either)

At least you can choose which lightsaber to put them in and such rather than being stuck with a specific saber, also of note it costs 22k to remove the crystal from a saber so make sure you put it in the one you want to use!

The Hoth & Belsavis bosses both drop all 3 of the magenta crystal schematics, it's just random which one you get (if any)

The Hoth & Belsavis bosses both drop all 3 of the magenta crystal schematics, it's just random which one you get (if any)

Ah, whats the stat for the third one? +33 endurance? (I'm at work and cant look)

I just got the +33 crit for extra powered heals, the power one on the GTN was 500k and I wasn't willing to pay that.

Every crafting skill except Biochem is useless at lvl 50, before that you simply outlevel created items to much, no point in going for blue/epic patterns. You level 40 points on green, go to a trainer, and train for 400 credits next level green that is as good as epic you would have to rely on RNG to get.

Right now the crafting system is seriously broken. Best thing to do: pick up 3 Gathering professions, grab everything, sell on GTN. Once you get to T5-T6 you will be making thousands of credits from a single node, or a mission, just need to put the results on GTN.

Top Bottom