• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Draxal

OP nerf was justified because their burst was insane. However they needed to buff their toolbox/sustained dps, and that hasn't changed at all.

I think the frustration here is further caused by Huttball, non-force class users are at a disadvantage there already.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
OP nerf was justified because their burst was insane. However they needed to buff their toolbox/sustained dps, and that hasn't changed at all.

I think the frustration here is further caused by Huttball, non-force class users are at a disadvantage there already.
If by non-Force class users you mean Operative/Scoundrel then sure.

Emitan

scarjo_popcorn.gif

It hasnt even been 24 fucking hours since the news came out.

An yet already the argument from both sides have been completely exhausted and now simply plays like a broken record

To make matters worse you guys arent even arguing the same thing.

You: Ops dont have anything good now.
Others: But the amount of burst damage WAS pretty ridiculous.

So, you know, just maybe a solution is to buff other aspects of the class to go along with the nerf. It sounds like you were perfectly happy being a 1 trick pony. The worst part is not a single fucking person has probably even played with the damn change yet, yet everyone's talking doom and gloom about how its the end of the world and the class is finished.

You know, somehow ignoring the fact that they can simply buff other areas in another week

frequency

Has BioWare indicated at all whether they intend to add a quest rewards thing for when you are accepting a quest? It would be very useful to know for whether I want to take on a bonus series.

Wow, declaring that they were not OP as pure fact despite most of the community agreeing they were, BW included. Nope, forget your opinions everyone. This thread is getting rich.

Has BioWare indicated at all whether they intend to add a quest rewards thing for when you are accepting a quest? It would be very useful to know for whether I want to take on a bonus series.

Doubtful, since a bonus series is an entire quest line.

You can use a site like torhead, but itll take some time for their databases to become more complete

frequency

Doubtful, since a bonus series is an entire quest line.

You can use a site like torhead, but itll take some time for their databases to become more complete

Well, it would still be helpful for individual quests. If I'm overleveled or bored of a planet, I want to know if I should even bother doing specific quests that send me like way back out in the middle of nowhere... where I just came from.

I don't like using sites like torhead. I'd like it to be all in game.

markatisu

Are the Taris bonus missions broken? I have been trying to finish 2 of them and I think the map is borked because I go to where it says and cannot find any of the things I need to do

jersoc

all these nerfs because of pvp can be easily solved if companies would wise the hell up already and have separate rule sets. it's 2012, this boggles my mind how they haven't figured this out yet.

also, i don't have an operative :p
I just got annoyed as fuck as pvp kept classes changing all the damn time. I was a hardcore pvper in wow too and that shit totally ruined it for me.

Force Cloak is broken just like Vanish was on Rogues for 6 years. It fails more than it works. You better be 10 feet away and the mob better be melee if you want to get away. And hope your companion doesn't keep fighting anyway too.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Force Cloak is broken just like Vanish was on Rogues for 6 years. It fails more than it works. You better be 10 feet away and the mob better be melee if you want to get away. And hope your companion doesn't keep fighting anyway too.

Even if you set them to passive?

frequency

Is choosing an Advanced Class required in this game?
I know you're making it way harder on yourself if you don't choose an AC, but I was just wondering if you absolutely had to choose one for your class story to continue (can't get a ship to move between planets without class story).

I know you're making it way harder on yourself if you don't choose an AC, but I was just wondering if you absolutely had to choose one for your class story to continue (can't get a ship to move between planets without class story).

You cannot put any points into the skill trees without choosing an advanced class. Though I think it should be possible to play without choosing one because both ACs have the same story quests

Its possible but....have fun with that shit.

Tess3ract

Banned
Yes, one of my guild mates is doing just that for the novelty of it.

KaYotiX

Banned
I just wish they would buff jugg tanks somehow, I get destroyed by ranged classes either PvE or PVP. Seems like I'm only viable against melee classes or bosses.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Don't know. It's not going to matter in MOP but even playing wow is hard without talent points. With talent points everything is faceroll, unlike SWTOR.

zlatko

Banned
So I tried more PvP and I just feel like I'm a totally worthless piece of shit as my level 22 Jedi Sentinel...When does my class start to feel like they aren't just fodder for everything else?

I want to do some PvP daily or bi daily, but just getting spanked no matter what I do is making me very ugh about it all. I stick with people, focus down low health enemies first, move around so I'm not an easy target, kick to interrupt moves, slow their feet down, and unleash crazy damage, but in return I get stunned once, lose over 50% in a milisecond, and then try to struggle to stay alive/get away.

I'm not ill equipped either. *sigh*

zlatko

Banned
That's because you're probably fighting against Operatives who can stunlock you.

Whatever it is it makes me a sad panda. :(

I'm looking forward to the level brackets for PvP. That's in the works with the Legacy system for next patch right? Should actually stand a chance in the 20 bracket. :p

I hope they tell us soon when they expect to drop that, because I'm getting antsy about playing my Commando alt, and I know if I get past level 5, then I'd be too lazy to remake him. :p

Hawk269

Since I am fairly new to MMO's and my small guild wanted me to make a tank character, what is the stat or area of a skill tree for a Sith Jugg to hold aggro? I know they need to use heavy armor and have high endurance to take the beating, but what exactly helps control aggro/mob etc?

gatti-man

Whatever it is it makes me a sad panda. :(

I'm looking forward to the level brackets for PvP. That's in the works with the Legacy system for next patch right? Should actually stand a chance in the 20 bracket. :p

I hope they tell us soon when they expect to drop that, because I'm getting antsy about playing my Commando alt, and I know if I get past level 5, then I'd be too lazy to remake him. :p

Group up with pvp gaf.

Tacitus_

I'll hold out till then I suppose. Is that patch also supposed to allow some of the races to be classes they can't be currently?

No idea. The video they released showed some new race-class combos, but I wouldn't take that as a confirmation since it was just a backdrop for the guy talking about the legacy system.

Hawk269

Damage, taunts, and threat generation skills/talents.

Thanks...I am only Lv15 with my Jugg, but have not invested much at all in damage. I need to look at the tree more closely since I dont remember some being taunts or threat generation.

Thanks again though, appreciate the help.

Ken

Thanks...I am only Lv15 with my Jugg, but have not invested much at all in damage. I need to look at the tree more closely since I dont remember some being taunts or threat generation.

Thanks again though, appreciate the help.

Looking at the abilities, it looks like you get Taunt at level 16. While at the trainer, I think you can set it to look at all skills even if they aren't purchasable at the moment.

MIKEAL

Banned
Once you get the AOE taunt, you can get tons of medals in pvp warzones. I usually get around 6-8 medals now a game. Its so much fun, especially when most republic players seem to have no idea how to actually play pvp warzones

Zafir

Since I am fairly new to MMO's and my small guild wanted me to make a tank character, what is the stat or area of a skill tree for a Sith Jugg to hold aggro? I know they need to use heavy armor and have high endurance to take the beating, but what exactly helps control aggro/mob etc?
I'd personally recommend taking one of the other two classes if you're new to mmorpgs. The other two classes, Powertech and Assassin have a much easier time holding aggro, and you don't really lose much from choosing them.

If you're dead set on a juggernaut though, you have a stance which increases threat generation by 50%. You gain threat through damage done to the mob. Juggernauts do also have one high threat attack, but it's pretty high into the Immortal tree, so you won't get it till your late 30sish.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I forgot this thread moved to Community, and have been out of the loop since the 1.1 patch. I've skimmed back a few pages, but there's a lot of information you all are arguing about! ;p Anybody mind giving me a very quick rundown of the last few days' events? Thanks!

frequency

I forgot this thread moved to Community, and have been out of the loop since the 1.1 patch. I've skimmed back a few pages, but there's a lot of information you all are arguing about! ;p Anybody mind giving me a very quick rundown of the last few days' events? Thanks!

OPERATIVES/SCOUNDRELS HAVE BEEN NERFED SO BAD THEY SHOULD JUST STOP EXISTING BECAUSE THEY ARE NOW USELESS. AND MMOS CAN NEVER BE REBALANCED AS NERFS ARE PERMANENT AND CLASSES NEVER GET BUFFED IN OTHER AREAS.

Or something like that.

Stupid silly stuff as usual

TheYanger

Finally did the new flashpoint (hard mode), was a lot of fun and although it probably had a BIT too much trash for my liking, the idea was solid and it came accross correctly (Left 4 Dead: the instance). The optional boss was rough and entertaining. All of the OTHER bullshit with the patch aside, that zone was a keeper. Looking forward to part 2.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
OPERATIVES/SCOUNDRELS HAVE BEEN NERFED SO BAD THEY SHOULD JUST STOP EXISTING BECAUSE THEY ARE NOW USELESS. AND MMOS CAN NEVER BE REBALANCED AS NERFS ARE PERMANENT AND CLASSES NEVER GET BUFFED IN OTHER AREAS.

Or something like that.

lol, thank you! ... That's kind of what I figured. ;p Anybody corroborating the early suggestion that slicing saw an un-advertised buff?

Moaradin

I just went DPS for the first time. I've been a Medic Operative from 10-47. Holy shit I have so much burst damage in PVP. I'm not level 50 and the pvp gear will surely negate it, but it's fun as hell wrecking havoc on low levels lol.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!

Or something like that.

i dont think anyone said that. i know i didnt. i dont know what will happen in the upcoming months but i do know that the changes in 1.1.1 were all take and no give. 1.5 second stun? Thats a global cooldown. Its the only move thats more advantageous to the person on the receiving end because they get full immunity to stun for one attack that lasts the time it takes for the GCD to come up. If it had been changed from 3 second full Resolve to 1.5 second stun with a 4 second root that would be nice but thats not whats in the change. If the armor penetration nerf had been accompanied with a buff to sustained damage that would be acceptable. If a single way to close to the enemy were given for any or all of these changes things might be different. This isnt the case though.

squidyj

Or something like that.

Trust in Bioware, the faithful shall be rewarded.

I just went DPS for the first time. I've been a Medic Operative from 10-47. Holy shit I have so much burst damage in PVP. I'm not level 50 and the pvp gear will surely negate it, but it's fun as hell wrecking havoc on low levels lol.

Spec into advanced cloaking if you can, and use your cloaking screen as a tool to hit successive Hidden Strike's, it's hilarious. I'm enjoying it while I can until Tuesday, at which point I'll see where concealment stands. I have no desire to swap classes though, as others have said buffs/nerfs come and go for classes, and I have way too much fun on the toon.

Top Bottom