• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Dunlop

dayum, 3rd week in a row of HM EV and not a single BH drop.

We are running 2 8 man groups with 3 BH per group. Meanwhile the 2 IA's are almost on their 3rd sets.

Never been so excited to see /roll however, small victories

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

We are running 2 8 man groups with 3 BH per group. Meanwhile the 2 IA's are almost on their 3rd sets.

Haha our agents also have 3 sets of gear. For us though, warrior gear rarely drops--bounty hunter and agent seem pretty plentiful.

bjb

Banned
What's GAF's opinion on cheating?

There's a guy in my guild (non raider - casual type) who's been botting pretty much every night (space missions) in order to make credits. From what I can tell he's just buying implants and vanity items, so not necessarily hurting anyone.

Would you report him?

Realyn

There's a guy in my guild (non raider - casual type) who's been botting pretty much every night (space missions) in order to make credits. From what I can tell he's just buying implants and vanity items, so not necessarily hurting anyone.

Would you report him?

First, I would tell him to stop in private. Then I would create a thread at our forum/speak about it openly in /gu. Then I would write a ticket.

Edit: And what does it matter if he is a raider, a casual player, someone who just joined the guild or someone you have known online for 5 years?

Alur

Just need my boots and I will have a full Battlemaster set. Been very lucky with drops.

My sorceror says hi. Though yesterday I did have some luck and went 2 for 3 in bags. I'm currently 7/39.

New WZ/Ilum changes...thank you for giving me a reason to continually get my ass kicked by the late night Starsider/Prime Defense premades. At least now I get rewarded for being humiliated.

Pub side needs to gain about 40 more level 50 pvpers so that they can enjoy life with 12k nubs who run the wrong way in huttball again like they used to. And we need to lose about 40 or even 60 lol, to trim to pile down to only good players like Starsider/Prime Defense are able to roll with.

Zafir

Oh, we've had drops, but I'm never on the right character to get them.

I swapped onto my merc for Gharj in EV HM since you only need one tank, and the other tank didn't have an alt. Two warrior offhands dropped much to my dismay, so the same warrior got both since we only had one in the group(bar me on my main). Pylons afterwards, I swapped back to my tank, and BH legs dropped. -.-

Would you report him?

Yes, absolutely.

Would you report him?

Should be up to the guild as a group decision.

Would you report him?
I would.

markatisu

Would you report him?

Did he tell you he was botting? You would think he would know better and not reveal it

WTF? No. Botting is cheating. End of story. Report him.

If it's a guild member, they shoud just talk to him. If hes not close to you and you are bothered by it, then go ahead and report him if you want, but the guild should take care of things on their own. Course I'm part of a close knit guild, I guess some guilds are more stand offish with their members and don't know it's members as well. But I would never just piss in one of my friends cornflakes.

Yuripaw

Banned
I bought this game, but haven't been able to play it because shortly after I bought it, my video card died. Been unable to play PC games at all, and really kinda bummed. I've been trying to sell the product code for my game in the b/s/t thread, but haven't had much luck. I'm not even looking to get anywhere near full price. I was wondering if anyone here was interested in it, because I figured there may be more people interested in TOR here than anyplace else.

arimanius

Ugh I wish 1.2 wasn't pushed back or at least more details about the class changes would of gotten announced.

I need to decide on a main to gear up and let my guild know. I'm stuck between my OP and Jugg. :(

You would think I'd be happy with an assassin since it's "kinda" in the middle but I'm just not feeling it at 50.

aett

I hit 50 with my BH the other day and I've been doing dailies for commendations since. Is it worth spending commendations on armoring and barrels to equip your companion?

I really hope we can switch servers soon, but I doubt we'll be able to anytime soon. I made an alt on a server that was consistently Very Heavy, but now it's almost as low as my original server. Since that character is also Imperial and I'm getting sick of those quests, I want to play as a Republic character, but I'm not sure what server to create him on. Probably my original one, because soon we'll be able to send items cross-faction, and my BH's 400 Cybertech will be very useful.

Milly79

I hit 50 with my BH the other day and I've been doing dailies for commendations since. Is it worth spending commendations on armoring and barrels to equip your companion?
I would say no. at this point you'll really only use them for dailies (which you should be in a group anyway).

Heysoos

I have some EXTREMELY shitty luck when it comes to disconnecting from Warzones sometimes. Usually, the game likes to kick me out when I'm seconds away from finishing my daily. Which is usually followed by an extremely long, frustrating losing streak once I connect. This time, I'm having a really awesone game, seconds away from finishing daily... Lose power. Freaking shitttttty luck I tell ya.

HBroward

You have all the ports open it needs? I can post them in a bit if you can't find them.

Edit: Ports 80, 8995, 12000-12999 and 20000-30000 (TCP) It's kind of ridiculous to have such large ranges, but who am I to argue.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Elaborate?

12% self-heal attached to a 5k+ instant burst of damage on a 12-15 second cooldown. Couple that with tank mitigation and you get an unkillable, self-healing, bursty machine that puts up 400k+ damage in warzones, 80k protection, and 100k self healing.

bjb

Banned
12% self-heal attached to a 5k+ instant burst of damage on a 12-15 second cooldown. Couple that with tank mitigation and you get an unkillable, self-healing, bursty machine that puts up 400k+ damage in warzones, 80k protection, and 100k self healing.

I've only ever seen BH's, Marauder / Consular, and Sorc's doing over 40k. In fact I've seen a few of those classes pull 60k, but never an Assassin.

Not saying I disagree with your analysis, perhaps its just my server's players. Only unkillable classes I run across are typically full BM Jugg Tanks and Commando's.

Milly79

is there any main draw to the authenticator beside increased protection? I thought about ordering one, but I don't know how much longer I'll be playing the game. with me3 out, it's basically gonna be raiding only, not like that's any different from how I much I play now.

is there any main draw to the authenticator beside increased protection? I thought about ordering one, but I don't know how much longer I'll be playing the game. with me3 out, it's basically gonna be raiding only, not like that's any different from how I much I play now.

What I do is just leave the game signed in and my toon idling until I see a raid going on, a shout for a HM, or something like that.

CzarTim

You get fleet passes, but they are less useful once you are level 50. You can always get the iOS/Andrioid app instead.

Milly79

HMs would be fun for gearing my companions, but beside that I'm only lacking Chest/Boots Rakata to finish my set. I haven't seen anyone on Empire want to do HMs in a long time and the only one I haven't done is D7, and that's still bugged for BHs AFAIK.

I have a WP, so that's outta the question or I would have did that by now.

12% self-heal attached to a 5k+ instant burst of damage on a 12-15 second cooldown.

None of this is true. I'm assuming you mean force lightning, which isn't instant. It's also not on a cooldown, you just need to build up 3 stacks of harnessed darkness in order to get the healing benefits.

Dunlop

So frustrating,

We lose a DPS to DC and get SOA (HM) down to 29k, so we figure it's in the bag.

We spend the next 90 minutes dying to bugs in the fight (resetting instance almost each time)

some highlights (not at the same time
-Invisible electric pools in phase 1
-Invisible lightning balls in phase 2
-Playes at full health dying from a jump to a lower ledge, getting rezzed and then it happening again (proper ledge jump)
-Insta raid wiping damage at the beginning of phase 2
-Pillars hitting SOA in Phase 3 but not dropping shield

We hit the point where we can do the hardest part (controlling lightning ball damage in phase 2) without a single death only to run into this shit

bjb

Banned
So frustrating,

We spend the next 90 minutes dying to bugs in the fight (resetting instance almost each time)

-Playes at full health dying from a jump to a lower ledge, getting rezzed and then it happening again (proper ledge jump)

We hit the point where we can do the hardest part (controlling lightning ball damage in phase 2) without a single death only to run into this shit

I'm assuming this is 16m? Seems to be a lot more buggy than 8m.

The instant raid wipe at the start of phase 2 is due to his stacks not depleting while you're moving down and destroying power cores. This happens quite a bit in 8m as well.

As soon as you notice it, immediately exit area and reform the entire group. It has completely killed quite a few of our Nightmare attempts. It's been like this since launch - and never fixed BioWare has absolutely no clue what the fuck they're doing.

The biggest bug we've ever seen on Nightmare was killing him in phase 2 because for whatever the transition never happened. After he was defeated, the floor despawned and we all fell to our death. We then proceeded to spend an hour trying to loot his dead corpse mid-air.

Needless to say it was impossible, and half of my guild has since not logged in.

HBroward

So frustrating,

Insta raid wipe damage at phase 2 comes when you kill the little pylons out of order, for example the second before the first one. This can happen because the first seems to take a little time to activate and become targetable when you start the drop phase. The ranged can sometimes kill the 2nd pylon before the first activates, which seems to glitch it so the remaining 3 buffs on Soa aren't removed when you kill the next three. This is easily avoidable once you know to prevent it from happening at least.

Dunlop

Thanks for the info on the instawipe issue, I'm a healer so my concerns is elsewhere on those jumps
KuGsj.gif

Ip assed on the message, we did have some new people but the issue only occurred in the last 5 attempts, never before that.

By then I almost snapped my keyboard in half for the waste of time

Enosh

yeah EV is kinda "meh" especially given all the bugs and RGN bullshit at soa (if there is a ball designeted for you, you shouldn't be able to be lifted up or mind trapped -.-), overall I'd say KP is a lot better designed with more fun bosses that have less randomness to them
the 2 bounty hunters are still my favorite

also
nightmareu.jpg

^^

Zafir

I think you'll find if they're going 400k damage, they aren't tank specced. Not to mention, the self heal they get isn't that great in action, it doesn't scale that well from what I remember.

I think the bigger issue is that tank classes can spec DPS and still tank just as well in warzones, and do great damage ontop of it.

Alur

When we were talking about yesterday day in guild chat I said I've never seen this on any of my characters.

Like someone above said, assassins have to gain 3 stacks of Harnessed Darkness by using Shock (shadows gain 3 stacks of Harnessed Shadows by Project). The Shock/Project is on a 6 second cooldown, but properly talented, can be immediately cast again (it's something like a 30% chance to refresh) after using Double Strike/Thrash (and the AOE saber strike Whirling Blow/Lacerate) to immediately refresh the Shock.

Once they've stacked up 3 times, they can cast the rocks or lightning. The lightning and rocks isn't instant cast, it's channeled, and has to be fully channeled to get the full heal. It's damn near the top of the tree (next to last tier) so IMO you have to be confusing assassin/shadow specs with each other. A DPS could switch stances after he's done a ton of DPS and get some guard medals, but he'd not have the healing. I just can't see a full tank doing that kind of damage though, which is what they'd have to be to reach that kind of self healing.

I've not seen an assassin or shadow do more than 410k in a full WZ, and generally only see even the absolute best on our side do 350k tops. If they are in full tank spec (which they'd have to be for the self heal - have to have at least 27 points in Darkness/Kinetic) I could see them doing 250k if they disregard the game and try to pew pew constantly. But guarding for 80k without a pocket healer would hurt their dps chances cause it'd kill them prematurely. If they've got the healer with them they have no reason to be worrying about doing that kind of damage, they'd be playing objectives.

Assassin/shadow tanks are hard as shit to kill (<3 Camlost) but I've not seen any of them doing near what you're describing. The only 400ks I see regularly are marauders (you), mercs, the rare good operative, and the couple good sorc dps we have. Hell I see more good jugg dps than assassin dps on our side.

yeah EV is kinda "meh" especially given all the bugs and RGN bullshit at soa (if there is a ball designeted for you, you shouldn't be able to be lifted up or mind trapped -.-),
^^

The one that pisses me off is how he throws you around the room about 2-3 seconds before the floor starts collapsing, so he drops you on the opposite side of the room from the rest of the raid and you don't have enough time to make it back to the group before it's time to start jumping down.

yeah EV is kinda "meh" especially given all the bugs and RGN bullshit at soa (if there is a ball designeted for you, you shouldn't be able to be lifted up or mind trapped -.-), overall I'd say KP is a lot better designed with more fun bosses that have less randomness to them
the 2 bounty hunters are still my favorite

We've been running EV alot for the past month as we are constantly try to introduce newer members to operations as they are just now getting to 50, and it's been frustrating. Keep failing on SOA due to the randomness of the fight causing it to go out of our control. Trying to get them to do KP instead as getting sick of going to EV just to not get past Soa

Dunlop

I'm trying to cut them slack on EV as it is their first raid.

Leading up to SOA the bosses are so comically easy and then the only real challenge is overcoming bugs on the final boss.

Hitting KP HM tonight, did the Rancor last week when we had a little time but then stopped.

Also, we have an obscene amount of BH's in the guild so I a resigned to levelling a sorc as they do not looked to be brought down to regular levels any time soon and are a greater asset than a IA healer (also I have a gun touting toon...)

Must say levelling one is a freaking blast, they are my holy/disc priest and warlock all rolled into one, Huttball is almost not fair ; )

Top Bottom