• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Wallach

So how many of you guys are exclusively going light or dark side? I have run into a surprising amount of players that outright refuse to get points in one or the other. When I re-did Esseles (after getting interrupted by last night's maintenance) one of the Jedis was so mad that I jettisoned the redshirts in engineering into outer space I thought he was going to drop group on the spot. I had to reassure him that he didn't get any meanface points since he didn't actually make that choice himself.

FStop7

Banned
So I just started playing an hour or so ago, and maybe it's just because it's very early on and I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but so far I think this game is pretty awesome. I'm still in the Sith Academy, messing about.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
When did you run it? It was only later this evening that it started to fall apart.

Specs for reference:
3.8GHZ Quad Core
4GB Ram
460GTX
earlier today. if it was just later in the evening then it just sounds like server issues or just your internet.

Emitan

So how many of you guys are exclusively going light or dark side? I have run into a surprising amount of players that outright refuse to get points in one or the other. When I re-did Esseles (after getting interrupted by last night's maintenance) one of the Jedis was so mad that I jettisoned the redshirts in engineering into outer space I thought he was going to drop group on the spot. I had to reassure him that he didn't get any meanface points since he didn't actually make that choice himself.

~3000 Light Side points. 0 Dark Side points.

So, ended my first night as a 12 sniper. Had a lot of fun. Had a lot of jankiness too, but that's to be expected. I only got to play huttball in pvp, but that was pretty enjoyable, I dig the sniper experience in pvp. Gotta be kinda sneaky and hang around your teammates, although you also have a fair number of solo abilities that are pretty useful. When a target fails to notice you while they're fighting your teammates.. man. They'd just better hope they notice you.

Milly79

Any way to fix this? All my settings are on the lowest. The character models work in movies, but not in the game itself. :(

1v16h.jpg

nataku

I've somehow worked it out to be nearly even on my Lv18 Smuggler with Light ~1050 and Dark ~950, even though I wasn't paying attention to it at all.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Well darn... how long is afk before auto-log?

I have to go #2. I take my time, normally... I don't wanna get in the queue! lol

Won

Going all light. I will hug the Empire to death if I have to, to get that Mini Sandcrawler.

Wasn't going to play it since I wasn't too pleased with the beta.

Then my friend started playing around in Early Access...

...went and pre-ordered. I'm weak.

ksimm

I thought I'd beat the queues and log in nice and early 08:40, server full and a 30+ min wait DOH!

I love being evil in this game! I always play the good guy, but I guess I'm turning to the dark side as it's so much cooler being a complete arse when choosing what to say, and delivering the harshest punishment where possible.

"Please my lord, I did not mean to"
DIE Mwahaha!

My character has no compassion, shows no mercy, and apparently doesn't like dramatic pauses lol, I loved it when he said that. :D

Wallach

Got a ton of time in today, really having a good time with the leveling so far. Finished out the night killing a world boss on Coruscant (that big droid in the Old Galactic Market) and finally getting my hands on my ship. I think I'm more excited about the droid that comes with it so I can get a regular flow of crafting/missions done without giving up Riggs. World boss dropped a couple purple weapon barrels, one of which I scooped up... wasn't that hard considering out of the 20 folks there were maybe two Smuggler ACs, including myself.

What a boss.

k7HH5.jpg

Measley

My Sith Warrior is already starting to get red eyes at level 12. Had no idea the corruption started that early.

She had lovely blue eyes, then another cutscene popped up and her eyes were amber colored. Awesome!

Just want to thank Riku for the invite and it was pretty crazy running into a gaffer on Tython. Thanks Bastilla for the help. For the republic haha.

Meier

Took forever to log in but once I did get in, I played for 8 hours straight...woops. Almost level 13 now as a Merc. +300 Neutral I believe. I am bad at being evil.

Zeal

Banned
Hit level 11 with my Sith Warrior and finally got off Korriban. God, I hated that place. It's like the Blasted Lands, only somehow worse. Game is proving to be more fun than I initially expected though.

ksimm

Woohoo The Hut has sent my game, not Jabba, thehut.com that is.
Scored a 60 day time card for £14.95 too, game was £32.85 so £47.80 for 3 months of Sith. Tis a much better deal than Origin, so glad I cancelled.

Sykra

Tomb already has a 2+ hour queue? Poor guys.

The timer is actually completely wrong, when i joined the queue it said one hour and well 3 hours later im 80th in queue, so i wonder how long it will take for those that join the queue now.. just awful.

theDeeDubs

Going all light. I will hug the Empire to death if I have to, to get that Mini Sandcrawler.

I've been trying to stay Neutral, for when/if they ever add Grey Jedi gear. Luckily I've had enough decent choices during quests to make this possible so far without having to skip quests or being indifferent throughout all of them.

Top Bottom