• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Is it possible to get the steam overlay to work with this game? I've added the launcher as a non steam game but the overlay doesn't seem to be working. I think the issue is the launcher closes when it launches the actual game and as far as steam is concerned, the game closed. I haven't had this issue with other similar launchers though.

falastini

Man... fuck this game.

I did the quest with the Jawa
Jedi
, and my only options were to kill him or turn him into the Empire. I didn't wanna do either :(.

Also, ran into a bug healing a warzone. The HP of my teammates wasn't accurate on the UI at all. It made it impossible to heal effectively.

Is it possible to get the steam overlay to work with this game? I've added the launcher as a non steam game but the overlay doesn't seem to be working. I think the issue is the launcher closes when it launches the actual game and as far as steam is concerned, the game closed. I haven't had this issue with other similar launchers though.
I don't think it is right now. I wish it worked though.

Alex

I can't tell how good it feels to be able to punch a force user in the face.

The Force classes just arent that interesteing compared to the others, in my opinion. And, yes it's fun to rub their stoic nonsense in their faces whenever possible. Our party of Bounty Hunters and an Agent all telling Lady No-Show to cram it was cathartic during the first dungeon.

That was a really fun dungeon, too, wish it had some more exploration but at least it was of a decent length and felt like a real dungeon which alone was a treat coming off of WoWs 4.3 patch.

Also, ran into a bug healing a warzone. The HP of my teammates wasn't accurate on the UI at all. It made it impossible to heal effectively.

The DPS combat and tanking feel really fun and polished so far, I love Bounty Hunter to pieces, probably the best in the genre to me. However the healing hasn't impressed me as much thus far and it doesn't feel too necessary early on either which is expected but still disappointing.

falastini

The DPS combat and tanking feel really fun and polished so far, I love Bounty Hunter to pieces, probably the best in the genre to me. However the healing hasn't impressed me as much thus far and it doesn't feel too necessary early on either which is expected but still disappointing.
Yeah, BH is a lot of fun. I started up the dps tree, but I branched into the healing one recently. Im starting to get access to some more interesting spells/mechanics. Good healing is definently needed in the later flashpoints, and even some of the heroic quests (though you can pull some of those off with a healing companion and some timely CC).

DTX3

Neo Member
hey all its dignus here reporting in from GAF Empire...hope everyone is having fun in game and i hope all the GAF Empire guildies are enjoying themselves in our guild and like the way we are running the guild.

and of course i gotta leave a smiley for somnia :-D :-D :-D lol.

Won

That bug seems to exist for a while now and pops up all the time. Really annoying.
In a normal group the player ressources also aren't properly dispalyed most of the time.

I could complain about the UI all day......

Also a Jedi Sage can look pretty badass, if he goes all out in a Flashpoint. Giant floating droids and smashing rocks everywhere. No idea how he pulls rocks out of the floor of a space ship though. Damn wizards.

Somnia

hey all its dignus here reporting in from GAF Empire...hope everyone is having fun in game and i hope all the GAF Empire guildies are enjoying themselves in our guild and like the way we are running the guild.

and of course i gotta leave a smiley for somnia :-D :-D :-D lol.

Woot, my day isn't complete without a smiley!

I. Freakin. Love. How you get a filtered voice when you wear a helmet as a Sith Warrior(and whatever else).
Little, awesome details like that man.

I just wish the equipment textures were better, they're so low res on some pieces.

hank_tree

Finally got back onto Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Anyone up at this time that can invite me into the Empire guild? My characters name is Elric.

Moaradin

My internet randomly went down for a couple seconds and now I'm on a 1400 queue =(

My guild just had to be put on the most populated server in the game.

My internet randomly went down for a couple seconds and now I'm on a 1400 queue =(

My guild just had to be put on the most populated server in the game.

Yeah swiftsure is pretty brutal. The fact that us Aussies designated it as an unofficial oceanic server also means that the queues are basically constant.

Dorrin

I now have two characters, a 13 Commando and an almost 11 Marauder. I'm still torn on who I'll end up taking to 50 first. The commando I can always spec healing if grouping become an issue as DPS but the Marauder well its DPS or bust. Both stories have been good and voice acting is great(love evil Jennifer Hale).

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Yeah it was fun, wish I lived a bit longer. Still don't know what killed me.

edit

lookedup his attacks, the lazer thing must have gotten me, targets 2 at a time.

Is anyone thinking about making a GAF guild on a US West server? My friends have already started characters on Warriors of Shadow PVP, so might I suggest that server if someone is thinking about making one. ;)

nataku

I have to say I find Smuggler healing to be a pain in the ass. I'd kill for a hostile/friendly target system like WAR had.

ZimJaBim

Neo Member
Girl friend gone to bed. Gray goose is primed and ready to go. God damn you Keller's Void Queue! Have they said anything yet on if they are going to increase the server cap? its going to be nuts on launch day.

After 24 hours of /played i can safely say I am hooked. If have not enjoyed an MMO this much since my first time with DAOC. Its a great feeling :)

Hawk269

I'm definitely getting one of those mice for this game. Wish the star wars one was out

It is out. Newegg has them. $10.00 more than the regular Naga. I ordered mine yesterday, got my email today that it has shipped already. SHould have it Tuesday, which will be nice cause that is when I pick up my CE from GameStop!

Cystm

Is anyone thinking about making a GAF guild on a US West server? My friends have already started characters on Warriors of Shadow PVP, so might I suggest that server if someone is thinking about making one. ;)

There are a few other people that have asked a similar question, and as far as I know, so far no one has stepped up to put that together. I am on the west coast too, and prefer PvP servers.

Alex

The imperial capital is really awesome, love it, really, really nice art direction. I'm impressed with a lot of the visual design on this, I just wish it ran a little more stable at times, I bounce between 40 and 60 FPS so much and it's a pain, I guess I need those new Nvidia drivers where you can limit something to 30 FPS, sadly. Hell, could've relly used those in wow raiding when Cata changed its effects systems to light your pc on fire from inefficent particles and smoke.

I don't think this is a quad core supporting game, is it? I get really tired of pc exclusives in damn near 2012 only running with dual core.

If I could get an invite to the empire gaf guild too that'd be awesome. Name is Treythalomew there too.

Has anyone played much of the pvp warzones? I just played my first and it was a lot of fun but I had no clue what was actually going on.

Cystm

Which one is that?

48BoQ.jpg

Dromund Kaas

Alex

48BoQ.jpg

Dromund Kaas

Yeah, it's quite awesome inside with all of the mood with the clouds and sprawling towers and lots of bustle, I just love the heavy use of that black color empire design scheme. Pulls off the sci if sprawl about as good as I've seen, Mass Effect 2 was wonderful in that regard but this makes me hope 3 can do it even better, I've been bummed out about all of their focus on Earth with the previews for that, that's how these exotic games always get ruined.

Anyway, ive not seen the republic city yet but a friend said he liked the empire one a bit more, although he gave points to letting people fall to their doom in it.

FStop7

Banned
Dude... it's pretty awesome. It's long too. I'd give it an 8. Some parts are tough too. I don't know if 2 players is just the recommended size or the hard limit, but I would consider 3 people on it if possible.

I took everyone's advice and played the BT flashpoint. You're right, it was awesome. Just a random group of 3 of us + my companion.

I was really skeptical about the voice thing making a difference at first, but now I'm sold. It along with the mini cutscenes during conversations really do add a lot to the game.

The best part about getting into an MMO during the early days is that there are normal sounding names available for characters. Francine the Sith Assassin is here to wreak havoc.

Top Bottom