• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Imp Agents, what kind of "rotation" are you using?

I did that shuttle flashpoint with a friend earlier. Bosses I tried to:

Get to cover
Get a seeker up
Poison Dart
Snipe snipe snipe etc
Use the spammy shot till energy came back

Not sure if this is a good way to do it, considering the whole faster energy regen the more energy you have mechanic.

Is the poison dart dps (no talents for it) worth it?

TheYanger

That's not the way to do it. You want to stay over like 60% energy at all times or you're losing dps, so you need to weave in 'autoattacks'

Meier

The talent trees are indeed godawful as is the auction house. Not being able to search for an item by name without selecting type, etc. is insane but perhaps the worst bit is not even being able to filter armies by their slot. Flipping through page after page to hopefully find some pants = dumb. I have no clue how this system made it into the final release.

I am insanely hooked. It's a total blast. My BH (merc) is now 17 and on Balmorra. Glad my droid can craft, etc while Mako heals my ass.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Female Imperial Agent is the best VA ever in a Bioware game.
I've been going with the male IA, and it's been pretty damn good. Especially mixed with something like Chiss for the look and focusing on dickish/dark side conversation choices.

Cystm

I fucking love my little Sith Inquisitor.

9w8HT.jpg

I can't step away from this game. Must. reach. 50. GAH.

Dunlop

21 now, finally have an AOE heal

Hopefully I can pull 1/2 the numbers of a Sith Inquisitor that is at least half my level :p

Akyan

I finally hit level 25 with my Jedi Sage last night, and I'm now into "new" content which I've not seen in any test. I must say I've really enjoyed it so far.

The only irritation has been the queue situation (1000+ before midday on ToFN) which I really hope will be sorted once the caps are raised.

demonkaze

Wake up to a beautiful snowy day, have a shower and something to eat. Let's put some swtor on and level my character a little.....

Oh! Hello Mr. Queue, 1700 in queue you say? I'll be back in four hours then . . .

Hixx

Done with ToFN till they sort queues. Not waiting in another ridiculous one only to finally get in and not really want to play.

Imp Agent on Krayus or Trayus Academy or whatever its called.

Won

Talent trees are indeed weak. Some of the abilities you get in there should be core abilities. Spending 11 points to get a hot and 31 to get a basic aoe heal isn't really exciting.
And then you have shared talent trees on top of that.....

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Think I'm done with MMOs. If this had been a single player game (from what I've seen of the story) I'd have been all over it.
Sooo buy it and play it for the first month. You probably could get at least one character to 50. I understand not wanting to pay a subscription fee but you get a free month with the initial purchase. There really is no reason not to get it for at least one month if you are a kotor fan. The game is very similar.

demonkaze

Curious if any EU Gaffers want to set up a guild on a different server, seriously sick of these queues every time I try to play. I'm assuming it's only going to get worse at launch.

Only problem for me is I really want to play BH still but i'm sick to death of the BH starter area.

I'm loving the warzones but there is only three different maps. They all each have unique gametypes and it seems odd they didn't make at least a couple more maps for the battlefield gametype.

Vlodril

I have asked this in general but i haven't gotten an answer. Is there anyway to pick which warzone you join instead of randomly joining one? I ask because i almost always get Voidstar and i hate it. I prefer Alderaan and i want to try hutball but so far i haven't gotten into a single one.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I have asked this in general but i haven't gotten an answer. Is there anyway to pick which warzone you join instead of randomly joining one? I ask because i almost always get Voidstar and i hate it. I prefer Alderaan and i want to try hutball but so far i haven't gotten into a single one.
no i don't think so

ksimm

Think I'm done with MMOs. If this had been a single player game (from what I've seen of the story) I'd have been all over it.

Honestly, I am level 17 so far and I think I have grouped up twice during that time, and only once was to help someone else who asked for it.
I think it's probably worth buying the game for the free 30 days of play just to go through as much content as you can, then pick up a cheap game time card if you feel you want more.

CoilShot

Wake up to a beautiful snowy day, have a shower and something to eat. Let's put some swtor on and level my character a little.....

Oh! Hello Mr. Queue, 1700 in queue you say? I'll be back in four hours then . . .

How is it possible you guys getting 1700 queues? Is this on Euorpe server's? The most I had ever got is a 20 min wait with only 100 queue.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
To tell you the truth, from what I heard they are all damn good.

Male Trooper had a lot of repetitive lines, either that or I'm just hitting it perfectly to get him to say the same things over and over again.

My Male inquisitor isn't having that problem though.

Sykra

How is it possible you guys getting 1700 queues? Is this on Euorpe server's? The most I had ever got is a 20 min wait with only 100 queue.

Tomb of Freedon Nadd, right now it says the queue is 2 hours and 20 minutes, but that translates rougly to about 5-6 hours

MedIC86

Ugh maybe going to the LoL server wasnt such a good idea after all, i want to play for say like an hour now, but i have to go in a 4h+ queu....

Zafir

I decided to give up on ToFN unless there isn't any queue(Which is generally at like 2am+ in the morning). Got the Sith Jugg I made on Frostclaw up to 24. Unfortunately now Frostclaw is experiencing queues. I think this is the problem with moving servers. They all seem to be filling up really quickly, so you'll end up with another queue anyway.

Darklord

Banned
Is everyone in the GAF guild a member? 120 members for the empire guild seems big. I'll probably join that. Bounty Hunter or nothing!

pfkas

I've probably grouped more doing early quests on this than all the other MMOs I've played put together. Probably due to so many people hitting the same content at the same time, but grouping is the best part. I've never got to end game content before but hopefully my interest will hold out this time.

Sigh, I think I'm buying the game this week. Hope they up the server cap on the 20th or something, the queues don't sound like fun.

Going Bounty Hunter > Powertech > Pyrotech. Dark side. Got my talent tree all figured out.

Patryn

Male Trooper had a lot of repetitive lines, either that or I'm just hitting it perfectly to get him to say the same things over and over again.

My Male inquisitor isn't having that problem though.

No, I'm hearing "Sounds like you need a soldier!" a HELL of a lot with my trooper.

Stuart444

I just woke up, went onto SWTOR, saw that the tomb of freedom nadd said 2085 queue and then logged off.

I'll probably end up playing it for an hour tonight before I go to bed (I can usually get on around 10 - 1am roughly), just sucks that I can't play when I want to but meh

Theoris

Neo Member
I'm veering closer to returning my full copy, these queues are wholly disappointing. The game itself has been brilliant with wonderful quest-lines, a positively tangible atmosphere and a buzzing community (I am available for DVD case quotes!). But the queues are just too much to gamble £40 on if I'm being rational.

Fingers crossed they increase capacities across the board, instead of opening up new servers..

MedIC86

I'm veering closer to returning my full copy, these queues are wholly disappointing. The game itself has been brilliant with wonderful quest-lines, a positively tangible atmosphere and a buzzing community (I am available for DVD case quotes!). But the queues are just too much to gamble £40 on if I'm being rational.

Fingers crossed they increase capacities across the board, instead of opening up new servers..

Dont give up yet, WoW has been plagued with queu's for quiet some time (sometimes i had 5hr+) it gets better ;)

48BoQ.jpg

Dromund Kaas

Oh yea, duh. That's where I am right now. I love the scenery. Obviously in an MMO its tougher to make it feel incredibly populated, but it does a decent job of feeling like an actual city. For now my imagination is enough when thinking about what life must be like living there.

The game feels like KOTOR To me without a doubt. I am seriously considering the monthly fee. We'll see how my month goes and if it can hold my attention and continue to encourage me to press on. I have a feeling that I'm just getting started in terms of experiencing the meat of the game.

Darklord

Banned
Dont give up yet, WoW has been plagued with queu's for quiet some time (sometimes i had 5hr+) it gets better ;)

But if EA did thois whole limited release thing why the fuck are there still queues before the game is even OUT? It's out in only US and EU, plus limited pre-orders. They should have known exactly what they needed.

gatti-man

The game isnt even released yet. What gamble? You really think queues like this will last longer than a month? If it truly bothers you hop on a new server near or at launch. It wont have the giant queues.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The game isnt even released yet. What gamble? You really think queues like this will last longer than a month? If it truly bothers you hop on a new server near or at launch. It wont have the giant queues.
If the game isn't even released and there are already queue problems wouldn't they logically get worse once the floodgates are opened on launch?

Zafir

Oh yea, duh. That's where I am right now. I love the scenery. Obviously in an MMO its tougher to make it feel incredibly populated, but it does a decent job of feeling like an actual city. For now my imagination is enough when thinking about what life must be like living there.

The game feels like KOTOR To me without a doubt. I am seriously considering the monthly fee. We'll see how my month goes and if it can hold my attention and continue to encourage me to press on. I have a feeling that I'm just getting started in terms of experiencing the meat of the game.
Nar Shaddaa is my favourite so far, just love the city. You have a bit to go before you get there, mind.

SmallScreenshot_2011-12-18_04_46_27_870878.jpg

Nemesis_

I have a bit of a question.

Anyone know or recommend what crew skills I should look into getting? I actually don't know what they're for or what they do. =/

Wow, Nar Shadaa looks awesome! I can't wait to get the hell off of Taris. I'm just gonna speed through the class quests and I should be 20 by the time I'm out of there. That should be high enough for Nar Shadaa, right?

Top Bottom