• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

firehawk12 said:
I'm sure people here only care about "real" SC2, but I just tried Space Battle and it's amazing. Seems like custom maps will keep me coming back every few months. :lol
It certainly is my 'chill out from 1v1 without quitting the sc2 client game' of choice. It is a pretty nifty little super simple DotA clone. If you have a decent group that moves together and attacks and retreats in unison a game of starbattle can be reasonably rewarding.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ok!

So I came back after my two finals and like 14 hours of sleep the past 5 days and cast a game.

TvZ on Xel'Naga Caverns.
http://tinyurl.com/HazCast1

It's done at 2am and it's just something I've been wanting to get off my chest.

Disclaimers: I use the phrase 'pretty good' and 'really good' a lot.
Observing I think I could have bounced a bit more, and talked about unit production / overall strat and flow of the game.
Additionally I think the opening where I rant about 'what should be done' is wrong. Dunno what I was rambling about with my mightier than thou attitude.
Also, I sound and act like Day[9]? (Maybe?) I think our styles overlap and no doubt he has some influence.

I don't know whether it's because of what time it is or my mental state, but I'm pretty happy with my first impromptu cast.

I'd rather have casted the Scrap Station game vs Splinter, but it was a spur of the moment thing when I was testing my mic and audio settings. Hope you enjoy.

All aspects of critical criticism welcome.
Mic, volume, focus, style, sluring words, odd curse words, repetition, unit tab, etc.

**Hope some of you can input some feedback. Thanks. Bed time now.

farnham

Banned
to anyone who hates those MM early pushes as protoss (in other words every terran match)

try to go stargate and get voidrays early

i had a lot of positive experience with it the last few days. mixed with a few zealots (to kill mariners) it is quite a good counter against early MM rushes

oGsTheWind's stream is great. He's streaming pretty much all the time it seems but at the moment TheSTC is on it, playing against CheckPrime

farnham said:
to anyone who hates those MM early pushes as protoss (in other words every terran match)

i had a lot of positive experience with it the last few days. mixed with a few zealots (to kill mariners) it is quite a good counter against early MM rushes

Yeah I like going stargate against terran at the moment. Terrans sure love their marauders...

YakiSOBA

Question!

I play SC2 on my laptop, medium settings and it's always smooth (laptop has a 1gb nvidia GT325 or something, nothing fancy).

It has HDMI output, and I was wondering if I output to my 50" flat screen... will it totally burn out my laptop and fry it if I play a lot? Ive always wanted to try but I don't want to have to send my laptop in for repairs if it fries :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
YakiSOBA said:
Question!

I play SC2 on my laptop, medium settings and it's always smooth (laptop has a 1gb nvidia GT325 or something, nothing fancy).

It has HDMI output, and I was wondering if I output to my 50" flat screen... will it totally burn out my laptop and fry it if I play a lot? Ive always wanted to try but I don't want to have to send my laptop in for repairs if it fries :lol
size matters not.
[only resolution]

YakiSOBA

Pandaman said:
size matters not.
[only resolution]

Okay I trust you :p Gonna try some SC2 on big screen tonight! I don't mind resolution if it's not crazy high, I just want to experience it on my big tee vee haha :D

IceMarker

mescalineeyes said:
I'll have some news on EU GAF nights later this weekend. :D
Good to see I've not only ignited my NA brethren to play SCII again, but now I have influenced the fellow EU folk as well!

In other news...

2e3pg9k.jpg

A brand new melee map "Cross Sector" has been uploaded! A 2v2, 1v1, and FFA map!
You can play right now by searching Cross Sector when creating a Custom Game. (Or finding me online.)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
farnham said:

Do you hide the void rays till certain time? I always want to harass with them and them they get marines, push, and I fail :(

YakiSOBA

Is there an all-around best way to push a protoss early as terran who doesn't go 2 gate early aggression?

8min 3rax push nullifies most things?

Zzoram

YakiSOBA said:
Is there an all-around best way to push a protoss early as terran who doesn't go 2 gate early aggression?

8min 3rax push nullifies most things?

3 rax is definitely the best 1-base push. 1 tech lab 2 reactor. The tech lab is mostly for stim but a few marauders helps a ton if you focus them on the stalkers.

2 rax 1 tech 1 reactor is a safe expansion if he's not 4-gating

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Got to love SC2 sometimes. Lose a shitload of games on ladder. Win a game via other player leaving game as soon as game starts. Leave and get promoted to platinum. :lol

Cheeto

gaf, meet the world's most bitter terran player...

(Some context)...When I said rolf, I scouted the island expo with 7 mutas, and they were instantly killed by like 20 missile turrets...
5NsqE.jpg

A8n9B.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hazaro said:
Ok!

So I came back after my two finals and like 14 hours of sleep the past 5 days and cast a game.

TvZ on Xel'Naga Caverns.
http://tinyurl.com/HazCast1

It's done at 2am and it's just something I've been wanting to get off my chest.

Disclaimers: I use the phrase 'pretty good' and 'really good' a lot.
Observing I think I could have bounced a bit more, and talked about unit production / overall strat and flow of the game.
Additionally I think the opening where I rant about 'what should be done' is wrong. Dunno what I was rambling about with my mightier than thou attitude.
Also, I sound and act like Day[9]? (Maybe?) I think our styles overlap and no doubt he has some influence.

I don't know whether it's because of what time it is or my mental state, but I'm pretty happy with my first impromptu cast.

I'd rather have casted the Scrap Station game vs Splinter, but it was a spur of the moment thing when I was testing my mic and audio settings. Hope you enjoy.

All aspects of critical criticism welcome.
Mic, volume, focus, style, sluring words, odd curse words, repetition, unit tab, etc.

**Hope some of you can input some feedback. Thanks. Bed time now.
Anyone?
I feel so hurt :[

Meeru

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Anyone showed interest?

GAF TOURNY WHO WANTS. Quick one night type.
ME WANTS. imma be back in bout 2 hrs, like 10pm central.

we can give bout 2 hrs to set up the thing amirite

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Corran Horn said:
Ive seen name changes in the past...cant hurt to ask.

=D

I'd play but I'm hung over and some how in the middle of the night i lost my mouse ;_; so now i'm using a touchpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom