• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Wish 6 pool didn't exist. Because if it didn't, certain zerg players would need just a little more skill to try to play to win. Because when your 6 pool is scouted, properly countered, and you end up losing because you go DOUBLE SPIRE before a single freaking muta is out and allow a protoss to fully saturate a second base before your 2nd is even up you end up looking pretty terribad. Phoenix harass + blinkball ftw!

Also digging the 10/10 gate build on shorter maps against greedy players. Great, you have a stargate out with a void ray on the way, grats. Meanwhile I have 5 zealots in your base killing every single one of your probes :lol

Good night overall after a disappointing start though.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
rhfb said:
Wish 6 pool didn't exist. Because if it didn't, certain zerg players would need just a little more skill to try to play to win.
uC4rz.jpg

Apath

I'm finding myself only playing Marine Arena these days. I just love it so much and I do not understand why. When I played WC3 I'd have favorite games, but I'd try out new things and switch between favorites quite often -- never played the same game exclusively for long durations of time.

What are the best custom games to try? My favorite WC3 games were team tower defenses (all working to protect a single pool of lives), RPGs, Parasite-esque titles (one player is a monster out to get everyone but no one knows who it is), werewolf, and footmen wars.

Chris R

Pandaman said:
http://i.imgur.com/uC4rz.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Dude tried to 6 pool me, it failed, he couldn't zerg his way out of a wet paper bag after that. He must be having some success with a 6 pool though because no way he would win with any other strat. If something just a little more complex was needed to win with Zerg at the most basic level he wouldn't be absolute garbage at 30+ food supply. I'm not saying I'm good or anything, because I know I'm not, but nine times out of ten, if a Zerg 6 pools and fails, from what I've played against at least, they just self destruct in a horrible manner.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
rhfb said:
Dude tried to 6 pool me, it failed, he couldn't zerg his way out of a wet paper bag after that. He must be having some success with a 6 pool though because no way he would win with any other strat. If something just a little more complex was needed to win with Zerg at the most basic level he wouldn't be absolute garbage at 30+ food supply. I'm not saying I'm good or anything, because I know I'm not, but nine times out of ten, if a Zerg 6 pools and fails, from what I've played against at least, they just self destruct in a horrible manner.
10 out of 10 if a protoss 4 gates and fails, they just self destruct in a horrible manner.

tis why they're called allins, the idea is you have no end game.

the fact that he 6 pooled you and didnt recover isnt at all surprising, he's not supposed to be able to recover unless you're terribad.

Chris R

Pandaman said:
10 out of 10 if a protoss 4 gates and fails, they just self destruct in a horrible manner.

tis why they're called allins, the idea is you have no end game.

the fact that he 6 pooled you and didnt recover isnt at all surprising, he's not supposed to be able to recover unless you're terribad.
I just figured he would at least have enough sense to build a single muta before his second spire finished :( I guess not though.

fanboi

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
I want to try to do some casting of my own tonight. If you want to get games that you played casted, let me know.

Hey, you can cast any of our games we played... that is... if you would like the world to see you lose :p

:p :p :p

:p

fanboi said:
Hey, you can cast any of our games we played... that is... if you would like the world to see you lose :p

I honest to god don't remember the two of us playing all that much :)
but if you have them, send them my way :)

syllogism said:
Not at all, but unless you actually see him typing something, it's all your imagination
What are you talking about here ?

It's hilarious how much defensive you get over idra, unless you are saying he doesn't rage on his stream there is nothing to talk about here.

Deadman

The point is that idra leaving a game without saying gg is not rage. Only when he types fuck you or something similar is he actually raging. The rest of the time is just normal play.

Edit: Like that for example :lol

Cheeto

rofl

barely stops SCV marine allin, guy gg's and leaves... idra messages him, "fuck you, learn how to play" *stream offline*

V_Arnold

Idra won against an idiot marine+SCV alliner T, won against him (good defense, omg), then Terran ofc GG's out, Idra: add friend+ chat: fuck you, learn how to play :D

And you know what? He is right.

TheThunder said:
lool

guy rolls with ling/bane and idra just leaves. I wouldn't watch his stream if it weren't for the rage.

Lol, that is no raging, dude. But that is a battle no one can won against you, I guess :D

syllogism

TheThunder said:
What are you talking about here ?

It's hilarious how much defensive you get over idra, unless you are saying he doesn't rage on his stream there is nothing to talk about here.
Haha you were saying he was "raging" when he did the same thing he does every game; leave the game after he considers the game over

Cheeto said:
rofl

barely stops SCV marine allin, guy gg's and leaves... idra messages him, "fuck you, learn how to play" *stream offline*
He said on the chat he is watching Kaspersky and stream might go back up after that

Raelson

syllogism said:
Haha you were saying he was "raging" when he did the same thing he does every game; leave the game after he considered the game over

He said on the chat he is watching Kaspersky and stream might go back up after that
Yeah, just leaving the game doesn't count as rage. : S

syllogism said:
Haha you were saying he was "raging" when he did the same thing he does every game; leave the game after he considers the game over
I was talking about his stream in general, but I guess you have to read my post first before knowing that.

syllogism

TheThunder said:
I was talking about his stream in general, but I guess you have to read my post first before knowing that.
Ahahaha right

Anyway, Strelok played quite a bit better than Naama, maybe he has a chance on LT

Raelson

close to the edge said:
Very cool play from Strelok. Taking a game off Zenio is not a small feat. Now he's going 15 CC on Scrap Station.. is this Flash playing? :lol
It's a small feat with cheese.

Raelson said:
It's a small feat with cheese.
The ramp blocking is hardly very cheesy, if that's what you mean, especially because he expanded during that. He did go slightly all-in at the end with the constant drops and the tank on the ledge but IMO Zenio could have easily held it off with some more Roaches instead of waiting for Mutas or Overlord drops. It's not like he did a 2 Rax SCV all-in. That was a solid build, well executed, even though it was on LT.

Raelson

close to the edge said:
The ramp blocking is hardly very cheesy, if that's what you mean, especially because he expanded during that. He did go slightly all-in at the end with the constant drops and the tank on the ledge but IMO Zenio could have easily held it off with some more Roaches instead of waiting for Mutas or Overlord drops. It's not like he did a 2 Rax SCV all-in. That was a solid build, well executed, even though it was on LT.
How is 2 rax with scvs not cheese? That's basically saying Terran doesn't have any cheese builds.

Q8D3vil

close to the edge said:
true true, but then again strelok is terran, so anything he does against a zerg early game is cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom