• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raelson said:
How is 2 rax with scvs not cheese? That's basically saying Terran doesn't have any cheese builds.
You misunderstood. I didn't say 2 rax all-in with SCVs was not cheese (it obviously is), I was comparing it to what Strelok was doing and saying that his build wasn't like that at all.
I thought that opening in game 3 from Strelok was very cool and unusual on a slightly Zerg favored map but Zenio deserved the win.

Suddenly, TRUMPETS! :lol

e/ Now oGs Top vs sjow. Love me some TvT, definitely my favorite mirror matchup.

Raelson

close to the edge said:
You misunderstood. I didn't say 2 rax all-in with SCVs was not cheese (it obviously is), I was comparing it to what Strelok was doing and saying that his build wasn't like that at all.
I'm sorry, this caster's voice is making me very annoyed.

syllogism

It's a bit puzzling because he is still constantly in the top 20 on ladder and has a 60% winrate. Sure it's just ladder, but he should play better than this.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'm sure any idiot could play Protoss at a Plat. level.

:p

Finally got promoted to Platinum after one of the ugliest wins I've ever had.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
211270-idra_original.jpg

IdrA smiling, has to be a 'shop.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Corran Horn said:
December 22, 2010 GAF Night
a40euw.png

Corran Horn Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
Directory of Replay Files of GAF Games: http://askcorran.com/replays/
So for the life of me...part 2 of the 3 part GAF night on the 22nd wont successfully upload to blip.tv. Therefore yall can just watch it on justin.tv site:
http://www.justin.tv/corran666/videos

GAF Night 12-22-10 Part 1
http://www.justin.tv/corran666/b/276192433

GAF Night 12-22-10 Part 2
http://www.justin.tv/corran666/b/276192442

GAF Night 12-22-10 Part 3
http://www.justin.tv/corran666/b/276192453

Warning: Salty language

Feep

Banned
What's the Protoss build called where you make Four Gateways but don't ever cut probes? Because that's what I do, and I usually win if we go into lategame. = P

(Fun fact: I am 0/6 lifetime against Terran 1-base Thor rush)

Deadman

Feep said:
What's the Protoss build called where you make Four Gateways but don't ever cut probes? Because that's what I do, and I usually win if we go into lategame. = P

Its called top 200 protoss :lol

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Feep said:

(Fun fact: I am 0/6 lifetime against Terran 1-base Thor rush)

According to Day-9 it's called "Derp 4 Gate"

I'm inclined to agree.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I was playing random vs my friend and he 4 gated me with early +1 and stopped probe production at 22.

Jesus fuck that shit is ridiculous. I was Zerg.
I could have held it if I had 3 spines (I made a 3rd hatch instead), but I did have creep at his natural (close air spots on metal) at 12 minutes :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok, zerg does a 15 inbase hatchery. He's about to spam ALOT of zerglings combined with banelings...

His build is like this:

15 inbase hatchery
14 spawning
13 extractor
15 baneling nest

spam spam spam

What do I do as a terran at this point? How do I immediately stop his (future) mass zerglings as I see his inbase?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
Ok, zerg does a 15 inbase hatchery. He's about to spam ALOT of zerglings combined with banelings...

His build is like this:

15 inbase hatchery
14 spawning
13 extractor
15 baneling nest

spam spam spam

What do I do as a terran at this point? How do I immediately stop his (future) mass zerglings as I see his inbase?
nothing you wouldnt do versus a 15 expand.

what benefit do you think he gains by building that inbase hatch that he wouldnt have at his natural? thicken your wall, or i the ma allows or it, do a barracks/fact walloff on your natural. get marines, get some mech.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yoshichan said:

His build is like this:

15 inbase hatchery
14 spawning
13 extractor
15 baneling nest

spam spam spam

Wall with Rax and Factory, have a bunker up behind them, get tanks / Hellion / Drop / Banshee / Stim. Just about anything really.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pandaman said:
what benefit do you think he gains by building that inbase hatch that he wouldnt have at his natural?
Spam more zerglings instead of saturating his expansion with drones?
Hazaro said:
Wall with Rax and Factory, have a bunker up behind them, get tanks / Hellion / Drop / Banshee / Stim. Just about anything really.
!!! Gonna try this right now. Never thought of going rax/fac on ramp. Always went for bunker next to the rax.

Hazaro said:
Yep. Just make a wall that can withstand early banelings (ie not supply depots with nothing behind them) and go to whatever tech you want. I would probably go hellion and expect him to quit or immediately switch tech after killing a wave or two. Just don't let him in when your hellions go out >>

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yoshichan said:

!!! Gonna try this right now. Never thought of going rax/fac on ramp. Always went for bunker next to the rax.
After I early expand (off 1 or 2 rax) I put 5 rax at my ramp.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
saturating his expansion is a choice he can make.
a hatch in base and a hatch in a natural will both produce the exact same amount of larvae in the exact same time period.
given the same income, both will make the exact same number of zerglings.

--

dont get me wrong, your scouting was bang on the money and it will be pretty much everytime you see an inbase hatch. this is just a cutionary tale or people who sometimes try to work backwards and say 'he isnt building his expand in his base, so he isn't doing a ling/bane allin'

I never understood why zerg ever go for an in-base hatch before they expand, ever. I see it a lot in 2v2 but it doesn't make any sense to me. I've yet to see a proxy-hatch though. That would be awesome.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I lost to a zerg doing 2 hatches in his base lol

He spammed zerglings till he got mutas. I lost :(

Had too many stalkers not well grouped...then had too many zealots. Plus made some bad decisions when inside his base.

How to have fun in/ruin FFA:
1. At the beginning of the game ask if anyone else is playing on an iPad. This will confuse your opponents and make them argue against each other.
2. Build some bunkers and marines. Then float your barracks to random corners where no one will know.
3. Build 20 banshees.
4. Nothing can beat 20 banshees.

Aylinato

Aquavelvaman said:
1. At the beginning of the game ask if anyone else is playing on an iPad. This will confuse your opponents and make them argue against each other.
2. Build some bunkers and marines. Then float your barracks to random corners where no one will know.
3. Build 20 banshees.

void rays+obs?

also, made my own new avatar, after my protoss hero Artanis

Q8D3vil

Aquavelvaman said:
3. Build 20 banshees.
thor can splash the shit out of banshees

Vaporak

Some sort of Team battle with the season 1-3 champions as the team captains is starting up on GOM.

- Season 1 team : TSL_FruitDealer,PipiJung,IMLosirA,TSL_Pooh,TSL_Pretty
- Season 2 team : IMNestea,MakaPrime.WE,MarineKingPrime.WE,HongUnPrime.WE,IMMvp
- Season 3 team :, oGsMC,Liquid_Jinro,oGsInca,oGsTop,LeenockfOu

Team 1 vs Team 2 should be starting now.

Vaporak

Pandaman said:
team 1 looks alittle out of place there.
fruitdealer took some risks with his selections. :p

ya, I think Fruitdealer has too much confidence in his team. Maka is beating Pretty right now with massing Ravens. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom