• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Did a 2v2 placement with a silver buddy and got dual PF rushed in a TTvTT :lol
It's scary because if it was a 1v1 he would have lost :|

Also 2 tanks + factory production cannot kill a PF if the scvs pop out on the other side and repair it. He almost had a turret up behind it when my banshee came out :lol

Aylinato said:
void rays+obs?
Banshees are faster than obs by a lot (w/o upgrade)

Q8D3vil said:
thor can splash the shit out of banshees
So kill their orbital commands in 2 volleys each and watch them scramble for real detection. It takes 1 volley from just a few banshees to drop a turret and you're not going to see thors + ravens in a ffa.

Really the best chance would be mutas with an overseer but the speed at which 20 banshees level an entire base is hard to overstate.

IceMarker

a40euw.png

The last GAF night of 2010 is here! Tonight load up SC2 and Mumble and let's get going!

Information Guru said:
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
--1v1
--2v2
--3v3
--4v4
--Custom Maps
--FFA
-Possible Live-Casting by various GAF members
-Possible VoDs by various GAF members
-MrMister's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
-Corran Horn's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Cheeto's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sc2-gaf-night
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065
Time to play like it's 2011! :D

Deadly

I think it was Yoshi-chan that was getting pissed off because he kept losing at one point and wanted to quit? Yeah I'm almost there. It's a bit different though because I mainly play 2v2's and goddamn there are some people out there that just seem plain stupid. This one guy expanded twice (stealing one of mine) before he built any units. Oh yeah, he also got a planetary fortress at all bases Another builds a pylon to see the rocks but builds it so far away he does not see the rocks rendering it useless. And don't get me going on "I'm cannon rushing".

Aylinato

Deadly said:
I think it was Yoshi-chan that was getting pissed off because he kept losing at one point and wanted to quit? Yeah I'm almost there. It's a bit different because I mainly play 2v2's and goddamn there are some people out there that just seem plain stupid. This one guy expanded twice (stealing one of mine) before he built any units. Another builds a pylon to see the rocks but builds it so far away he does not see the rocks rendering it useless. And don't get me going on "I'm cannon rushing".

come to gaf night! we promise you'll have fun!

Deadly said:
I think it was Yoshi-chan that was getting pissed off because he kept losing at one point and wanted to quit? Yeah I'm almost there. It's a bit different though because I mainly play 2v2's and goddamn there are some people out there that just seem plain stupid. This one guy expanded twice (stealing one of mine) before he built any units. Oh yeah, he also got a planetary fortress at all bases Another builds a pylon to see the rocks but builds it so far away he does not see the rocks rendering it useless. And don't get me going on "I'm cannon rushing".

this is why you dont play random 2v2's

which is why i don't play random 2v2's anymore either

DaFish

jasonng said:
Are you going to be watching the streams while you're on your date? Because that's baller status.

She's making dinner... I cant cook for shit, so I'll just throw out a "baby" here are there and watch the stream :)

Thinking about using Mumble on the droid too...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i sorta want to do a test broadcast on ustream, anyone wanna see if its watchable while i do a comp stomp?

i did a low quality record and that was playable, probably need live help if i want to dial things up tho.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Deadly said:
I think it was Yoshi-chan that was getting pissed off because he kept losing at one point and wanted to quit? Yeah I'm almost there.
:O

:(

Deadly

mescalineeyes said:
I have no sympathy for people getting frustrated at the game due to them playing random 2v2s.
Not really getting frustrated at the game, more at people :lol Most of my friends don't play very often so I don't really have a partner to play with. No choice but to random. 1v1 is currently my unscathed record so I told myself I'd only start playing that when I'm confident enough.

ezrarh

Deadly said:
Not really getting frustrated at the game, more at people :lol Most of my friends don't play very often so I don't really have a partner to play with. No choice but to random. 1v1 is currently my unscathed record so I told myself I'd only start playing that when I'm confident enough.

The only way to get good at 1v1 is to do 1v1s. Unless you're drunk and/or in the don't care mode, don't do 2v2 randoms.

zlatko

Banned
I started to play a lot of Zerg instead of Terran now even though I'm still in Bronze League. I just want to give each 3 a fair shake before I decide which is right for me.

My biggest problems I had today was a Protoss who just built a ton of photon cannons so I couldn't get in, and my bigger problem was a Terran making Banshees. How do you detect invisible units as a Zerg? Banshees came out so fast too. UGH.

zlatko said:
I started to play a lot of Zerg instead of Terran now even though I'm still in Bronze League. I just want to give each 3 a fair shake before I decide which is right for me.

My biggest problems I had today was a Protoss who just built a ton of photon cannons so I couldn't get in, and my bigger problem was a Terran making Banshees. How do you detect invisible units as a Zerg? Banshees came out so fast too. UGH.

zerg units/structures that can detect invisible units

overseer (morph from a overlord-requires a lair)
spore crawler (stationary defense-requires evolution chamber)

zlatko

Banned
PandaPandaPanda said:
zerg units/structures that can detect invisible units

overseer (morph from a overlord-requires a lair)
spore crawler (stationary defense-requires evolution chamber)

Thank you. Just lost another fight due to Terran walling up and building tons of air units to shit on me. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom