• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Supply for rax?

No one denies my fast factory, fuck you Blizzard. Do you want TvT to be mass marines? >:|

Yaweee

Pandaman said:
?
pull back from cliff, ai clicks in to follow, stim, run snipe.

i see it often and i dont play protoss or terran!

It is hard due to entire lines of Marines getting two-shot by Collosi. It can happen, but positioning and timing ain't easy, and extremely unlikely with the range upgrade. Cost-for-cost and excluding all other units in the mix, Collosi versus Marines is one of the more efficient counters in the game.

Zing

Banned
TemplaerDude said:
Oh for the love of... if GAF starts claiming Protoss to be OP I'm leaving!

Yes, as a Protoss player, to read someone say that gateway units are "insane" is just absurd. Yeah, my Stalkers are just so damn overpowered compared to stimmed Marauders taking out my buildings in seconds.

KuroNeeko

Man, I don't want to jump on the "Protoss OP" bandwagon but those win percentages are pretty damning. I can't help but feel that Protoss are playing the Illuminati - standing behind zerg and getting us all riled up about Terrans so they can secretly take over the world.

Protoss: Yeah, those f`cking Terrans are so OP, right?
Zerg: Yeah! Terran OP!
Protoss: I mean, look at those Marauders, Reapers, and Banshees - so ridiculous!
Zerg: But you got Colos..
Protoss: And Viking harassment, Jeezuz, are you kidding me? You see him sniping your OVs?
Zerg: That's busted!
Protoss: Terran OP and don't you forgot it!
Zerg: Yeah, Terran OP!

I thinks its more of a case of the easy protoss builds are easier to do if that makes any sense. 2 gate zealot spam into colossus, void ray/DT rushing and 4 gating are all pretty powerfull and easy to pull off at lower skill levels.

eosos

Banned
Fuck how do you deal with helion drops? It's so goddamn powerful. You'll be attacking the enemy and all of the sudden all of your probes are dead. I wish toss had a good harass strat.... That's my new most annoying tactic.

eosos

Banned
watervengeance said:
Terrans just haven't gotten used to using Ghosts yet. Once Ghosts become the flavor of the week, the numbers will begin to shift again.
Yeah they hurt....

Zzoram

eosos said:
Fuck how do you deal with helion drops? It's so goddamn powerful. You'll be attacking the enemy and all of the sudden all of your probes are dead. I wish toss had a good harass strat.... That's my new most annoying tactic.

Get into the habit of swinging your eyes to the minimap ever 2 seconds. You should see the medivac coming before it can fully unload and pull your workers. Spread them in multiple directions.

eosos

Banned
Zzoram said:
Get into the habit of swinging your eyes to the minimap ever 2 seconds. You should see the medivac coming before it can fully unload and pull your workers. Spread them in multiple directions.
Yeah but I mean when you have multiple bases and are in a battle already... The helions are also much faster than probes...

Narag

"Fixed an error where Bronze League players were entitled to an opinion on the state of gameplay balance." :lol :lol

Oh god, did you guys read the 1.2 patch notes?

"Fixed an error where reapers would shout "it's a me, mario!" when jumping cliffs"

"Fixed an error where Bronze League players were entitled to an opinion on the state of gameplay balance."

Edit: So late.

Wallach

Mmmm, nerfs.

I like the depot change, not really feeling the Reaper upgrade move.

Roach range is super nice. Put them back to 1 food too, thanks.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Wallach said:
Put them back to 1 food too, thanks.
uhm... no way. joke? that was always broken.

for an armored unit, with a large health pool, ranged attack (about to get upgraded), decent base damage, burrowed movement, increased movement speed, increased health regen.... 2 food is the right amount.... hell, you could make a case for it to be 3 food, but let's not go there.

KuroNeeko

Scrow said:

for an armored unit, with a large health pool, ranged attack (about to get upgraded), decent base damage, burrowed movement, increased movement speed, increased health regen.... 2 food is the right amount.... hell, you could make a case for it to be 3 food, but let's not go there.

One food would be insane. Might be nice to enjoy the feeling (since I wasn't in Beta) but I think it would be too much.

Putting the Roach at three supply also seems a bit harsh.

Scrow said:

eh I don't think you could make the argument for 3 food at all, to get increased speed and burrow + movement/increased health regen Terran could get +1 damage and +1 armour upgrades as well as stim and protoss could get +1 attack and blink/charge.

1 food roaches would be pretty OP but 3 food i doubt you would ever see them other than for early hellion defence.

Cru Jones

Pyke Presco said:
Uggh, just got roflstomped by a bioball because my internet was lagging like a beast. Alt-tab out and sure enough, Steam decided right this instant it should auto-update like 6 different games. My high-templar were so far behind the curve it wasnt even funny. It was like "Oh, there's an army at our doorstep. I see it...I see it....I see it....okay, now we'll storm. Oh, you clicked that 8 seconds ago and they're not there anymore? Our bad, maybe next time chump..."

Curse you Steam! I had that game!

Pause???

Nah, I couldn't really pause. The battle was just about to happen and my first instinct in a battle isnt "I should pause", it's "I should attack and kill stuff". But then it lagged, and then my army was dead, and then the game was over. I didnt alt-tab in the middle of the game, I checked after the game was over to see why my game was so laggy, though I suppose the order in which I wrote those sentences makes it sound like I just alt-tabbed as soon as my shit died.

It happens, I'm not gonna stress out too much over one loss. And pausing the game in the middle of a battle is sort of bad mannered, you just take your lumps and roll with it.

I should probably just turn off Steam's auto-updates for games I dont play. Would stop this from happening 95% of the time.

Zzoram

Look at the new map Jungle Basin:

14lk7t3.jpg

The arrow is the path the guy being sieged has to walk from his main to get to the tank assuming the destructible rocks are still up.

o7ozll.jpg

Look what else you can do from there?

Won

watervengeance said:
Terrans just haven't gotten used to using Ghosts yet. Once Ghosts become the flavor of the week, the numbers will begin to shift again.

That's not gonna happen at lower skill levels. And at higher level they already get used more than enough.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
As a Zerg player, Terran don't scare me, so I actually kind of feel bad about all the nerf's they'll be getting.

The Roach buffs should do wonders in my ZvP game, though. Fucking Toss.

mcrae

soooo gaf i want to play custom maps 2v2 3v3 4v4 whatever, that arent in the normal rotation. im about to go check out custom maps section on bnet now, but if that doesnt work is there a community to do this with?

*i mean actual normal melee maps, just not in the ladder rotation

Zen

Banned
Morrow switching from Terran to Zerg (prior to the latest 1.2 patch reveal)
6th October Rating: Diamond 1390 Replay pack: none gonna play terran fulltime for 1-3 weeks to wrap up my last going tournaments with hopefully nice results. i have decided to switch to zerg so i will stop sign up for new tournaments until i am at least 2k rating with zerg. once i finish these ongoing tournaments i will start practice zerg with all my practice time sry for no replay pack. will start updating this thread once im back on track with z there is a possibility that i decide to switch back to terran once again in the future but as it is right now im pretty convinced that i want to be a zerg user"

The thread on TL.net - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=157088

Idra once said that if Morrow switched to Zerg and won any major Tournament, that he'd never talk about balance again. :lol We'll see what happens.

Meeru

Banned
Zzoram said:

14lk7t3.jpg

The arrow is the path the guy being sieged has to walk from his main to get to the tank assuming the destructible rocks are still up.

o7ozll.jpg

Look what else you can do from there?
Yeah protoss can also pylon that so hard

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Zzoram said:
Morrow switching is interesting. I wonder what his reasons were before the patch.
he had a bitchfight with idra, saying zergs aren't winning because they dont practice as hard as terran players. IdrA called him out saying he could never win a majour with zerg. Morrow started playing zerg and dropped like 1k points, but apparently he was bitten by a moe~ queen.

basically him and tarson were terran's IdrA. :lol

Trasher

Pandaman said:
he had a bitchfight with idra, saying zergs aren't winning because they dont practice as hard as terran players. IdrA called him out saying he could never win a majour with zerg. Morrow started playing zerg and dropped like 1k points, but apparently he was bitten by a moe~ queen.

basically him and tarson were terran's IdrA. :lol
wat

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
it'll probably be 3range ---> 3.5-4range.
it'll make hellion/reaper kitting alot harder, but stalkers should have an easy time of it still.

FoxSpirit

Pandaman said:
it'll probably be 3range ---> 3.5-4range.
it'll make hellion/reaper kitting alot harder, but stalkers should have an easy time of it still.

Oh looks, stalkers! *fungal growth*
Not this time, baby :D

sidenote: I seriously need to get Infestors into my play.

Zzoram

Won said:
He basically said Terran is too easy for him.
They probably are. My win rate as Terran is much higher than the other races because they have such a strong early game. However, Terran is a very offensive race and I'm not sure if I like that. I think I prefer the defend by the skin of your teeth then get greedy style of Zerg.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zz i think you're hating on jungle basin a wee bit too hard. its level ground so you can fight back without worrying about the highground advantage and the area in question is between your second and third, so it's only open for harass for a very short time. the actual act of harass is also limited to one gyser and a few mineral patches.

really its alot like steppes of wars ledge under the natural, except he cant harass and defend at the same time.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Zzoram said:

http://i53.tinypic.com/14lk7t3.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/o7ozll.jpg[IMG]

Look what else you can do from there?[/QUOTE]
i don't understand... it's level ground right? so you can just shoot across the gap. why do you have to path all the way around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom