• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That looked so easy...

twofold

Morrow's overdroning and playing too greedily. He needs to cut drones and churn out a load more Roaches and Zerglings.

Still, White-Ra's 5 gate is super impressive. He gets a decent number of Sentries out and delays his 4th and 5th gate so if you scout him it'll look like he's doing a 3 gate expo build.

Really good stuff.

zlatko

Banned
I love that force field ramp trick. I used that in a few games myself when I caught an expo undefended, block off ramp, destroy expo/workers for free.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pizza :(

Oh how I miss your deliveries. Now if I want something I need to drive like 15 minutes and pick it up. Son of a....

Feep

Banned
1) I scout 2-gate Zealot rush.
2) I make 2-gates to counter.
3) He rolls in with two zealots, I have two zealots, and immediately gg's.

Wat?

zlatko

Banned
Feep said:

Wat?

Where was his 2 gates? Maybe he was all in and hadn't been macroing up back at base, or his 2 gates were too far to keep pressuring you?

Either way, he is pretty screwed once you scout it since you can just remount pressure on him once he would have stopped to scramble to catch up.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Feep said:

Wat?
he believed you would have 4zealots before his third and fourth arrived at your base and thus he could not possibly win.

zlatko

Banned
Feep said:
I wanted to put lots of laughy faces here but GAF took them away. = (

It's for that reason they did it. I'm just perplexed at how this was seen as getting in the way of real conversation on the board. I'd like to give my opinion on the whole ordeal, but...the Gaf Illuminati are always watching.

Feep

Banned
zlatko said:
It's for that reason they did it. I'm just perplexed at how this was seen as getting in the way of real conversation on the board. I'd like to give my opinion on the whole ordeal, but...the Gaf Illuminati are always watching.
Solution, though possibly bannable: someone make a .gif of seven or so of those laughy faces, memorize imgur image code, done.

In other news, I got rolled on Scrap Station (GIANT fucking ramp) by a quick 10 pool into quick banelings. My fault for using a pylon as part of the wall, I guess, but I saw the 10 pool, and if he was going straight lings, you have to put a Pylon down or the walloff won't be complete in time. = (

Darklord

Banned
If I switch regions do I start with a new profile? And can you use 2 regions or will I lose my current one if I switch to NA? I want to try the NA servers but I'm worried my one now will be effected.

V_Arnold

MrMister said:
lol IdrA facing Jinro for a second time. I am missing out on this GSL...
Stupid semi-confusing new format.

It is a very straight-forward format. Group matches with first 2 advancing, second 2 facing risk of not being seeded as S rank in next tournament. Then, after top8, single elimination bo5.

Q8D3vil

Darklord said:
If I switch regions do I start with a new profile? And can you use 2 regions or will I lose my current one if I switch to NA? I want to try the NA servers but I'm worried my one now will be effected.
same question, i'm thinking of buying the us version to play with us gaf.

Ashhong

V_Arnold said:
It is a very straight-forward format. Group matches with first 2 advancing, second 2 facing risk of not being seeded as S rank in next tournament. Then, after top8, single elimination bo5.

Doesnt BO5 start with top 8?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I think you can add an NA copy of SC2 to your account, If you go to Battle.net and change your region, you can then buy a copy.

I have a beleif, which is constantly reinforced, that most random players only know 3 brands of cheese. I played a random player who spawned toss, sent a worker into my base right off the bat and started a pylon. I see it, kill his woker and he immediately GGs. all in under 2 minutes. Its not really that hard to recover from a botched proxy play that early is it?

Its like he's just playing the odds that his cheese will work at least 50% of the time, and the other 50% he's not even willing to play through, he'd rather just quit and try again.

Darklord

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
same question, i'm thinking of buying the us version to play with us gaf.

I think you can download the NA client rather than buy it. If you have the AU/NZ version you can switch in-game before logging in. But like I said, I don't know what that'll do to my account(hence, the questions).

Slavik81

I'm thinking that stargate tech is actually really awesome lategame vs. terran. Phoenixes are so fast, making them great for scouting, and are a counter to the two most annoying things I see: tanks and drops.

Now all I need to do is remember to build a starport just as I hit 3 bases...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Darklord said:
yes you will start a new profile, no it wont effect your current one.

Jeff-DSA

I'm finally starting to win more than I lose in my 1v1 matches. I'm only 41 and 36, but I had to come a good way back to get into a nice above .500 record. Down in the bronze league, I can tell that my macro is much better than most people I play against, so if I can survive the initial rush (why does everybody rush in bronze?!), I generally will win the game. I'm guessing that macro play is the big divider between the bronze/silver players and the gold and up guys.

I really want out of bronze. That's my goal this week. My friend just got out, and he's only played about 10 more matches than me and I'm about on pace to have the same sort of record.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
*open mumble*
group 1:
aylinato
group 2:
splinter
scogoth

how do you decide which group to join without snubbing the other?
me, i just panic.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jeff-DSA said:
I'm finally starting to win more than I lose in my 1v1 matches. I'm only 41 and 36, but I had to come a good way back to get into a nice above .500 record. Down in the bronze league, I can tell that my macro is much better than most people I play against, so if I can survive the initial rush (why does everybody rush in bronze?!), I generally will win the game. I'm guessing that macro play is the big divider between the bronze/silver players and the gold and up guys.

I really want out of bronze. That's my goal this week. My friend just got out, and he's only played about 10 more matches than me and I'm about on pace to have the same sort of record.

If you do nothing else but macro perfectly and a-move, you can probably make it to gold/platinum easy. Micro is not important in Bronze/Silver/Gold.

If you want I could help you out with your macro troubles.

zlatko

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:

It goes a long way if you can execute 3+ build orders right away, scout effectively, and macro like you said. I feel the same way in a lot of bronze games, but unfortunately even with all my wins and much fewer losses I haven't gone up. People here on Gaf have pointed out that bronze is just purgatory so don't be surprised if you have to play a fuck ton more games than your buddy to finally leave this nightmare. :)

Meeru

Banned
I miss the good ol days ><

I wonder if my new hotkeys are throwing me off. And why I can't seem to wall off against a zerg :p that and I hate mutas.

zlatko

Banned
valenti said:
I miss the good ol days ><

I wonder if my new hotkeys are throwing me off. And why I can't seem to wall off against a zerg :p that and I hate mutas.

:( Fucking mutas. I've started to just build up 4 gates, play really defensive, get cannons up near my mineral line, before I try to expand.

LakeEarth

HolyCheck said:
zlatko
Banned

anyone know why?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418852&page=24

The West Coast Warzone 3 stream of Street Fighter 4, which was run by gaffer Haunts, had a major fail during the last round of the grand finals. Everyone watching the stream saw nothing but the players faces instead of the actual game, the program refused to switch to game view. Zlatko was claiming it was on purpose, and got into a fight in the thread above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom