• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slavik81

I really liked the Battlenet facebook integration, because it was helpful for finding real friends that play SC2, but I just noticed how intrusive it is.

Why the hell does Blizzard want access to my facebook photos?

battlenetfacebookintegration.png

Seriously?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
That's the reason why I disabled all applications on my Facebook.

Cheeto

Slavik81 said:
I really liked the Battlenet facebook integration, because it was helpful for finding real friends that play SC2, but I just noticed how intrusive it is.

Why the hell does Blizzard want access to my facebook photos?

[.IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Slavik81/battlenetfacebookintegration.png[/IMG]

Seriously?
You don't have facebook on pirate language, thats wood league play

Haunted

Is anyone planning to make a thread for the IEM European Finals in Kiev? (20.01 - 23.01)

Prize pool is $18.000 ($7.500 for the winner)

Players:
Code:
Group A        Group B
[B]Kas [/B]           [B]Socke[/B]
merz           [B]SjoW[/B]
[B]White-Ra[/B]       SarenS
[B]Naama[/B]          PredY
[B]DeMusliM[/B]       GoOdy
[B]Tarson[/B]	       ClouD

Also certain to be one of the tournaments Gom is looking at to determine Code A GSL invites, so it should be interesting to watch
especially if you like TvT - 10 T, 2 P, 0 Z

Deadman said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=M87qMQH2lms

Kiwikaki did the archon toilet again, killed 33 mutas.
Wow, that was pretty sick. Also, archon toilet is the best name for a play, ever.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I really need to stop taking such long breaks from this, haven't played nearly a month and pretty much forgot everything I knew :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Haunted said:
Is anyone planning to make a thread for the IEM European Finals in Kiev? (20.01 - 23.01)

Prize pool is $18.000 ($7.500 for the winner)

Players:
Code:
Group A        Group B
[B]Kas [/B]           [B]Socke[/B]
merz           [B]SjoW[/B]
[B]White-Ra[/B]       SarenS
[B]Naama[/B]          PredY
[B]DeMusliM[/B]       GoOdy
[B]Tarson[/B]	       ClouD

Also certain to be one of the tournaments Gom is looking at to determine Code A GSL invites, so it should be interesting to watch
especially if you like TvT - 10 T, 2 P, 0 Z

Wow, that was pretty sick. Also, archon toilet is the best name for a play, ever.
You can do it.

Cheeto

You Zergs ever see Destiny's ZvZ 1-base infestor counter to mass roach??? He does it all the time on his stream and I've never seen him lose with it. Stop complaining about force fields and use fungal growth bitches

Cheeto said:
You Zergs ever see Destiny's ZvZ 1-base infestor counter to mass roach??? He does it all the time on his stream and I've never seen him lose with it. Stop complaining about force fields and use fungal growth bitches

zvz isn't that bad.

and yeah, destiny's infestor play is ridic awesome :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Cheeto said:
fungaling ramps is older than dirt.

also lawl at comparing fungal to ff.

the last game i played was a win but im still raging over how redic forcefields were in the game. scrap station zerg favoured el oh el.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sooooooo much SC2 lately, it's insane~

God damn, the hype for Code S tomorrow can't grow any bigger.

Cheeto

Pandaman said:
fungaling ramps is older than dirt.

also lawl at comparing fungal to ff.

the last game i played was a win but im still raging over how redic forcefields were in the game. scrap station zerg favoured el oh el.
Watch his stream bro before laughing at my comparison, he doesn't just FG ramps

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I don't know how anyone could watch his stream, comes across as a giant dickhead.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Cheeto said:
Watch his stream bro before laughing at my comparison, he doesn't just FG ramps
fungaling ramps is the only meaningful comparison to ff's, so thats the one i brought up.

are you just arguing that infestors are good in zvz? because yea.. sorta?

Cheeto

Pandaman said:
fungaling ramps is the only meaningful comparison to ff's, so thats the one i brought up.

are you just arguing that infestors are good in zvz? because yea.. sorta?
why? you can split just about any kind of army if with fungal almost the same way you can with force fields, and it does damage... Only problem is the the unit is expensive and the cast is expensive... I'd still argue that its just as awesome/op as forcefields

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Cheeto said:
why? you can split just about any kind of army if with fungal almost the same way you can with force fields, and it does damage... Only problem is the the unit is expensive and the cast is expensive...
and that zerg doesnt have the ranged units needed to take advantage of such splits.

a fungle will only result in a split if you had a strong army advantage already[hydra/shit ton more roaches] and he has to retreat. otherwise he just sits it out and only takes the damage. forcefields are great because stalkers and colossus have excellent range. they can full on engage half an army while the otherhalf sits it out a few feet away. in roach versus roach that isn't an issue. if two of your roaches can shoot at him, two of his can shoot at you.

which brings us to advantage 2 of forcefields: delaying fights you cant win, outside of a thin ramp, fungal cannot do this. fungal has to hit units and units ability to act as a wall is completely dependent on how those units are positioned when they attack you [and the density of the area you fungal, also out of your control]. its not just something you can throw up at empty space and be okay with.

in roach versus roach, you don't go fungal to kill roaches, you go fungal because you think your opponent did something sneaky and that's why he's losing the roach vs roach war.

if you have hydra, thats a completely different story as hydra/infestor will rape and pillage zerg, but you were specifically talking about one base roach/infestor.

I'd still argue that its just as awesome/op as forcefields
its amazing and one of the best tools zerg has, but in roach vs roach, lolz, no.

Feel like breaking something. I've run into a multitude of 4-gate toss rushes and can't handle it at fucking all. Sure sometimes I hold it off but overall I haven't found a decent strat. I experimented with +1 speedlings and a few spinecrawlers earlier today. Failed miserably. Roach can hold it off for a bit, but it can stifle your early economy.

And of course yesterday Splinter annihilated me in embarrassing fashion lmao. God dammit. I started building an Evo Chamber in front of the spines, which can provide a nice buffer against Zealots (saw it in HDStarCraft's 4 gate video).

I've been working on catching the probe before it puts down the pylon, but a good toss will simply bring a couple units along to babysit it.

Cheeto

Pandaman said:
its amazing and one of the best tools zerg has, but in roach vs roach, lolz, no.
I just watched this guy win like 5 ZvZ roach games in a row with this same counter where he had had significantly less roaches.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Cheeto said:
I just watched this guy win like 5 ZvZ roach games in a row with this same counter where he had had significantly less roaches.
outside of a ramp, then his opponent was poorly informed. its not uncommon for good players to have a poor understanding of some aspects of the game. especially in situations that are uncommon.

the only tactical advnatgae to fungal in roach vs roach vs roach is the damage.
the same amount of units shoot each other in fungal situations or not unless the fungaled zerg doesn't know that they do.

Cheeto

I still have to disagree, 2-3 good fungals on a roach ball allows the fungaler to dictate where he can arc from, effectively cutting the opposing army in half... and the opponent can't retreat because he'll lose too many units and he can't really engage with his whole army, much like what happens when you're victim to force fields. And thats basically what he did... in the open field he hit the giant roach ball with 2 fungals, lets say east and west, he then maneuvered his small army of roaches north or south to engage. Then he kept them fungaled for as long as possible until he ran out of energy but by that time the army was pretty much wasted.

Deadly

What's with all the people that think they are Foxer? Mass marines will not fucking work, you cannot pull off the things he does!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Deadly said:
What's with all the people that think they are Foxer? Mass marines will not fucking work, you cannot pull off the things he does!
I'm better than Foxer lately. He has much to prove today.

Yoshichan

-COOLIO- said:
what's the most versatile unit in the game?

im guessing mass blink stalkers
Phoenix definitely

Deadly said:

its what the pros do so other terran try to mimmick it. Personally I'm content adding some marauders to the mix to suicide against blings

Jeff-DSA

TheRagnCajun said:
its what the pros do so other terran try to mimmick it. Personally I'm content adding some marauders to the mix to suicide against blings

Down in the bronzies, everybody is still trying to void ray rush. On scrap station I just throw about 5 marines to the edge of my platform and typically 3-4 void rays come in and I stim and chase them away or take them down. Last 3 scrap station matches they've done this to me and it's failed each time.

And yeah, lots of marine rushes.

This is poor video quality, but it's pretty funny. It was a 2v2 and the other two guys were so focused on getting their marines out for a double 5 rax push that they didn't notice my SCV sneak off and build bunkers in their natural. When the rush failed and they realized that they'd never get out of their main they rage quit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=144x1tc32hU

Pretty funny stuff. And yes, I know this isn't the greatest play, but it is amusing for all levels to see.

Keikaku

I can't practice enough to get better :(

Having school makes me suck at multiplayer games. It kills me because I'm a very competitive person and, while I know and believe that putting studies ahead of my gaming desires is the right thing to do, I don't want to lose. I hate only being able to get a couple of games of SC2 per night.

I'm a solid Gold-level Protoss and, barring a sudden lottery windfall and the appropriate free time, I am not moving up anytime soon.

fanboi

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Well thats like being high platnium in NA.

he gaiety derived from your post exceeded my self-control tolerances, good sir! You are to be applauded for your efforts!

he gaiety derived from your post exceeded my self-control tolerances, good sir! You are to be applauded for your efforts!

Q8D3vil

Keikaku said:
I can't practice enough to get better :(

Having school makes me suck at multiplayer games. It kills me because I'm a very competitive person and, while I know and believe that putting studies ahead of my gaming desires is the right thing to do, I don't want to lose. I hate only being able to get a couple of games of SC2 per night.

I'm a solid Gold-level Protoss and, barring a sudden lottery windfall and the appropriate free time, I am not moving up anytime soon.
i'm getting US account soon, hopefully i can help you practice.
i suggest concenterating on macro and the right combination of units, that what got me into platinum anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom