• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Well thats like being high platnium in NA.
actually diamond in us is like gold in eu.
see idra vs jinro to know what i mean.
it's pathetic, spending years in korea without achieving anything, then an average eu player come and train for a year then humiliate you until you six pool him
i miss smiles so much

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'd be willing to play any Zergs to show how fucking imbalanced Jungle Basin is TvZ.
6 pool is straight up the best build.

fanboi

Banned
6 pooling a terran is doomed...

If they see it like to soon aka 5 sec before you arrive, they just wall off and go:

trollface.jpg

V_Arnold

mescalineeyes said:
I do open catz 7 pool on steppes, but jungle basin? :/

T is nearly unbeatable if he is better than a 6 year old who first got SCII. As a Zerg, you WILL get denied to your 3rd, and as soon as planetary goes up in his 3rd, it is GG time.

There are extreme strategies that MIGHT work against someone caught offguard (like expanding to his doorsteps first, etc), but that wont work consistently against players with proper scouting. Zerg lacks the tools to force T to do anything that changes that. T can mess up by focusing on ground-only and you have Spire, but that is a map-independent mistake...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
T is nearly unbeatable if he is better than a 6 year old who first got SCII. As a Zerg, you WILL get denied to your 3rd, and as soon as planetary goes up in his 3rd, it is GG time.

There are extreme strategies that MIGHT work against someone caught offguard (like expanding to his doorsteps first, etc), but that wont work consistently against players with proper scouting. Zerg lacks the tools to force T to do anything that changes that. T can mess up by focusing on ground-only and you have Spire, but that is a map-independent mistake...
yep, even jinro has said zerg can't win on jungle.

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:

didn't moon won over bbbprime on jungle basin (the source of baneling fail gif)
bbb played a macro game as well.
i guess it all come to how good the player is.

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:

It depends on the terran, not the Zerg. That is not a sign of a balanced map ;)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
bitbybit wasn't playing a macro game, he 2base allin'd.
that is a step up for him personally though.

spazzfish

Can any of you zerg players look at my replay and give me some help. I know my macro slipped in the mid game, but I was getting frustrated:(

I just don't know what to do with zerg against storm users:(

ultron87

Ultras and Brood Lords should both do rather well, theoretically. If you can get them out. Of course if you get Broods they are 2 minutes away from Blink. And Archons do fairly well against Ultras (and every Zerg units really).

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Be more active with your Overlords and scouting in general (I like to place one at every base), you play a lot of the game blind and have no idea what he is doing.

Your upgrades were so late, like 15 minutes into the game and you only just start to get +1 and you didn't grab +2's until 25 minutes in.

He was being way too passive and you should have expanded and you needed way more Drones.

Should have made some Broodlords also.

twofold

I've been messing around with Day9s ZvZ build and I'm not the biggest fan of it. Playing defensive feels awful, especially since you're in the dark most of the time.

I've found that playing offensively with Roach/Speedling in ZvZ is pretty effective. Open 14 gas 14 pool Speedling leaving a single drone in gas, Overlord 15, get a Queen and spawn four sets of lings. Then, expand on 21 and drop a Roach Warren straight after. Pressure forwards towards your opponents ramp and push up when Speed finishes at the 5 minute mark to see what he's doing.

From there, squeeze out a few drones, depending on how many units he builds, and then pressure like crazy with Roach/Ling.

If he techs too quickly, he dies. If he drones too heavily, he dies. If he produces a lot of units, well, then it comes down to micro and your ability to inject.

On super big maps like Shakura's, I'm not sure how well this style of play will fare (I haven't played it enough to form a conclusion yet), but on the small to medium maps, it's pretty awesome.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
not really a fan of scouting-independent builds, as I don't think there are any that "just work"
this is not a mac :>
i hate the new trend in zergs to skip drone scouting, such a bad idea on this map pool.

twofold

Pandaman said:
i hate the new trend in zergs to skip drone scouting, such a bad idea on this map pool.

Depends on the matchup, imo.

I open Speedling expand in ZvP & ZvZ and I don't bother with a drone scout as it wouldn't tell me anything important.

ZvT, where I open 15 hatch, I scout on 12 because it's useful to know if the Terran is 2rax'ing/gas timing.

V_Arnold said:

I don't understand. The backdoor is really tough to defend on that map. Thats an advantage for Zerg, no?

ezrarh

nilbog21 said:
somehow got promoted to masters.. im like 60-40? :[

Congrats on the promotion! Now you can relax before they come out with grand masters level. What was your rating in diamond before you got promoted? I'm playing 2500-2700 rated diamond and some masters level players at the moment. My rating is only 2350ish, with a bonus pool of around 300. I'm pretty sure it's cause my hidden rating is higher than my actual rating since I stopped playing consistently a while back but I'm not really sure what they factor in for promotion.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TheRagnCajun said:
I don't understand. The backdoor is really tough to defend on that map. Thats an advantage for Zerg, no?
on what planet is it tough to defend?

it takes a year and a half to backtrack and hit the back, meanwhile the defender has a ramp going right there. terran can defend both without splitting his forces, zerg has to split to reasonably pressure both entrances.

thats assuming you can even get the rocks down...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ezrarh said:
Congrats on the promotion! Now you can relax before they come out with grand masters level. What was your rating in diamond before you got promoted? I'm playing 2500-2700 rated diamond and some masters level players at the moment. My rating is only 2350ish, with a bonus pool of around 300. I'm pretty sure it's cause my hidden rating is higher than my actual rating since I stopped playing consistently a while back but I'm not really sure what they factor in for promotion.
he was less than a thou.

its really easy to rankup when you dont have many games played, a small 10 win run on the ladder is nothing for a player with a fw hundred games, but when you've got less than 100 played the system swings wildly because the system is less certain of your actual mmr.

Jeff-DSA

Man, mutas are just flat out the toughest thing to deal with in the game. I've figured out how to avoid banelings well enough, but mutas are just to freaking fast. You have to set up defenses for them everywhere, because if you give chase they're so fast they'll get away and set up in another spot. Thors help, but turrets are basically a waste of resources against any decent sized ball of them.

Any tips on dealing with these when they mass up? I'm a Terran player, by the way.

Meeru

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
Man, mutas are just flat out the toughest thing to deal with in the game. I've figured out how to avoid banelings well enough, but mutas are just to freaking fast. You have to set up defenses for them everywhere, because if you give chase they're so fast they'll get away and set up in another spot. Thors help, but turrets are basically a waste of resources against any decent sized ball of them.

Any tips on dealing with these when they mass up? I'm a Terran player, by the way.
Good zerg players will haev mutas by the 10min mark. Set up turrets in your mineral line first, then put some (2 is good) at the rax factory area. Place marines anywhere near areas where your spot may get harassed

fatty

I know this is coming way out of left field, but anyone else here watch SC matches on their PSP Go?

It's supposed to play MP4 and I can download the Day9Dailies as MP4 yet no luck in playing them. Just wondering if anyone else might be in the same boat. The PSP Go seems to be real picky on what type of MP4 videos it will play.

Cheeto

fatty said:
I know this is coming way out of left field, but anyone else here watch SC matches on their PSP Go?

It's supposed to play MP4 and I can download the Day9Dailies as MP4 yet no luck in playing them. Just wondering if anyone else might be in the same boat. The PSP Go seems to be real picky on what type of MP4 videos it will play.
MP4 is a container, so its probably a codec issue. You can demux it (I think) re-encode the video with a codec the PSP understands and then remux it into an MP4 again... then it should play. It sounds complicated but it really isn't.

WedgeX

Banned
Won't be watching gafnight or the tourney this week. I'm at training for my job and only have my phone. Boo! I expect some entertaining videos when I return!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
WedgeX said:
Won't be watching gafnight or the tourney this week. I'm at training for my job and only have my phone. Boo! I expect some entertaining videos when I return!
quick, trade for a smartphone on a dataplan!

Spl1nter

Pandaman said:
noooooooooo, i matched up with my first masters and lost.

i was seconds away from a tie too. ;_;

matchmaking is so funky. I went in a 5 game span from facing a 2400 plat to a 2400 diamond.

Makes improving pretty difficult when facing such a large range of player skill.

Vaporak

Spl1nter said:
matchmaking is so funky. I went in a 5 game span from facing a 2400 plat to a 2400 diamond.

Makes improving pretty difficult when facing such a large range of player skill.

I occasionally get thrown a high plat player to; I figure it's the match maker seeing if the guy's up to snuff enough for Diamond.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
they never are lol. Always easy games.
so disappointing too.

you fight off some harsh early aggression thinking you're playing some crazy strong macro build... then you get to his base and he's lifting his main to his natural and you're like "oh... i was never in danger, was i? *sigh*"

jasonng

Got some cans of Sapporo and a bag of peanut butter pretzels all ready for GAF night tonight. Question is, are you guys ready for me?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
fatty said:

Forget name but should be a few programs thats convert video files for certain devices like PSP. I believe certain versions of handbrake do.

f0rk

Deadly said:
Who is this guy?

I think I'm missing some stuff in the middle, but I guess he did some searches on blip.tv for church and found djWHEAT's show Live on Three: Church of eSports and did a review of it. djWHEAT talked about it and I guess let him know his show wasn't really about Christianity and then this preacher dude did some research and fell in with Starcraft people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom