• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

f0rk said:
I think I'm missing some stuff in the middle, but I guess he did some searches on blip.tv for church and found djWHEAT's show Live on Three: Church of eSports and did a review of it. djWHEAT talked about it and I guess let him know his show wasn't really about Christianity and then this preacher dude did some research and fell in with Starcraft people.
Wow no way, that's hilarious!

Jeff-DSA

Yes!

I just beat a guy who called out "gg" as he was pushing out, thinking that he had a huge death ball that I wasn't going to be able to stop. He had a mix of blink stalkers, zealots, sentries, and some void rays. I had a decently large MMM ball with a few ghosts in the mix and 4 siege tanks. I had scanned his ball, and that's why he called "gg." He figured once I saw that that I would quit. Instead I sieged up, pushed forward to get him to give chase and ran him back to the tank line. My ghosts EMP'd his ball a few times and the stim boosts and siege line did the rest of the work. Then he gives me a "terran ball is unstoppable" and quits.

To me there's few things more lame than calling a "gg" out on someone when you think they have them. That made this the sweetest win in a while.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's this rumored marine nerf in the next patch?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pandaman said:
yes, fuck this fire on frame one bullshit.
Do they really fire on frame one non-stim'd though?

Yoshichan

-COOLIO- said:
actually, if they fix that, thatd be cool. microing marines to move and shoot, is tedious and it looks so stupid.
I love twitching marines :D

Feep

Banned
Fun fact: I was hearing the music because I actually had the stream running THE ENTIRE TIME.

I fail.

See you all tomorrow night!

Jeff-DSA said:
They better not or Mutas will be even more ridiculous against Terran.

ROFL
poor, poor terran.

if only there was 2 different units to counter Mutas for Terran which are way more cost effective than the units they kill.

(as far as I know they are only nerfing Stim)

V_Arnold

Jeff-DSA said:
They better not or Mutas will be even more ridiculous against Terran.

You mean you would not be able to overpower an 1000/1000 army with 700-800 mineral's worth of marines? How horrible that would be, considering terran's last worry is minerals.

YakiSOBA

I've been using Marine/Tanks in 1v1 (Platinum) lately and it's gotten me pretty good success. I used to 2rax FE everything, but it was getting boring.

I still think 2rax FE + well placed bunker is the best "overall" opener since massing cheap mineral-only marines pretty much kills everything in bulk unless zerg mass roaches.

Marine/Tank is just plain fun though, siege mode on the sweet spot of any map and just rallying EVERYTHING to your tanks and watching your opponent throw all his shit at your containment is so much more entertaining :D

Jeff-DSA

V_Arnold said:
You mean you would not be able to overpower an 1000/1000 army with 700-800 mineral's worth of marines? How horrible that would be, considering terran's last worry is minerals.

Yeah, if marines could even keep up with mutas. Thanks to creep vision and you can't drop if mutas are on the map, you can't move your army around to avoid them, and if they get anywhere near your base you don't have ANYTHING that can keep up with them and they just fly circles around your base/expansions and pick things off. It's too expensive to have thors just camping out all over the place, and marines walk too slowly to even threaten a muta ball where the player has decent micro. Turrets are no good either.

Personally I think they should slow the muta speed down a little bit. They can compensate by making them a little bit better on the HP side or make them faster to produce, but they fly too damn fast.

Slavik81

Feep said:
How the fuck did a game last for two hours and twelve minutes? Link to replay?
When the map was pretty much mined out.
The Terran had a dozen planetary fortresses and missile turrets, plus 3 marines and a raven.
The Zerg had roughly 20 hydralisks, a couple of overseers, and some spore crawlers.
The Protoss had large swaths of cannons, 12 void rays, and 3 empty Carriers.

Then the game went on for an hour and a half longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom