• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

Oooh, according to that site my strategy was "Reaper Rush". I dunno if massing enough reapers to 3-shot an orbital before moving out really count as a rush, but whatever.

Jeff-DSA said:
Yeah, if marines could even keep up with mutas. Thanks to creep vision and you can't drop if mutas are on the map, you can't move your army around to avoid them, and if they get anywhere near your base you don't have ANYTHING that can keep up with them and they just fly circles around your base/expansions and pick things off. It's too expensive to have thors just camping out all over the place, and marines walk too slowly to even threaten a muta ball where the player has decent micro. Turrets are no good either.

Personally I think they should slow the muta speed down a little bit. They can compensate by making them a little bit better on the HP side or make them faster to produce, but they fly too damn fast.

I still think defending against mutas is a loosing battle. End it before they come out, or just be sure to constantly attack so they are being used for defence.

droopy

And mutas are extremely expensive and cost ineffective in a straight on battle. He probably can't respond well to pressure if he is flying his mutas around.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
TheRagnCajun said:
I still think defending against mutas is a loosing battle. End it before they come out, or just be sure to constantly attack so they are being used for defence.

Exactly, a unit isn't overpowered because you let them mass a bunch of them up.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
ACE 1991 said:
Anyone? Having a hell of a time here.

Get the Hercules, it makes that mission trivial. Also siege tanks, they are still imba in the campaign.

Jeff-DSA said:
Yeah, if marines could even keep up with mutas. Thanks to creep vision and you can't drop if mutas are on the map, you can't move your army around to avoid them, and if they get anywhere near your base you don't have ANYTHING that can keep up with them and they just fly circles around your base/expansions and pick things off. It's too expensive to have thors just camping out all over the place, and marines walk too slowly to even threaten a muta ball where the player has decent micro. Turrets are no good either.

Personally I think they should slow the muta speed down a little bit. They can compensate by making them a little bit better on the HP side or make them faster to produce, but they fly too damn fast.

pressure the zerg. don't let him fly his mutas around.

and yes, towers do help. if he is building too many mutas despite your army composition working exceedingly well against them, just attack his base and force his hand to engage you in direct battle.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
LJFjV.gif

turncoats all of ya!

as soon as commander zealot died, ultrons units seemed to lose their motivation.

Yaweee

ACE 1991 said:
Anyone? Having a hell of a time here.

I didn't find it too hard, but as usual, your strategy will depend on what units you have available. Just don't fly over units while in your drop ships, land on ledges to get the units and kill what you can from on high, and be willing to land far from your target and just move in, killing everything along the way. There aren't enough defensive structures or high enough of an enemy unit concentration to make extensive land movement unfeasible.

Feep

Banned
Oh man in that 2v2 last night I was being such an asshole with my casting...I had the stream open in my web browser so it sounded like a million people were talking, and I didn't understand I had a proper cocaster, so I just kept talking o_O

But I fixed it tonight in the GAF tourney casting = D

Edit: It was a lot of fun at the end though = D

IceMarker

Just remind you all, I don't play anymore (even with GAF) because I'm probably the worst player on GAF who isn't Bronze or Silver. Motivation to play = 0.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MrMister said:
Just remind you all, I don't play anymore (even with GAF) because I'm probably the worst player on GAF who isn't Bronze or Silver. Motivation to play = 0.
Meh I got proxy hatched in my base and lost while Im a Diamond rank. Sometimes shit happens! Ladder more and get better!

:D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
We played to help me vent and we got ZvZ, ZvZ, TvZ

So dumb. Roaches, Roaches, Blue flame hellion into stim mards 1 base all in.
Don't worry about it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrMister said:
but if you played more, you'd win more and thus would be motivated more!

Haunted

Deadman said:
Tyler is streaming and got shakuras on ladder (korean), but its not back on eu :(
Shakura's is back now.

Also, Jungle Basin got updated... with a new gold expansion!? It's between the main and the expo on the side.

6UkqR.jpg

woah.

Haunted

mescalineeyes said:
holy shit, wtf.

what a weird location to put a high yield, shouldn't it be in the middle? :D
Well, Z complained about not being able to take their third. This should... make it easier? >_>

I guess the update aims to take some importance away from the center expansion which is near unbreakable when Terran holds it with a PF. I dunno. We'll see how the change is received. I wonder if the GSL [semi]-finals will already use the new version.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
fanboi said:
http://i.imgur.com/rw2PW.jpg

truth!
It is, I was playing some Terran and Protoss the other day and it's just so much simpler, you have less to worry about. It's nice being able not to worry about missing injects or forgetting to spread creep.

Haunted said:
Well, Z complained about not being able to take their third. This should... make it easier? >_>

I guess the update aims to take some importance away from the center expansion which is near unbreakable when Terran holds it with a PF. I dunno. We'll see how the change is received. I wonder if the GSL [semi]-finals will already use the new version.

well if terran secures his third/fourth with a PF it will still be unbreakable.

I think you have to baneling bust the shit out of it every time he tries to set it up, no matter what.
too bad you can't really engage terran on that map anyway.

Ikuu

Much easier than I thought it would be to create a decent stream, now do I actually stream so people can laugh at me :(

syllogism

Idra finally admitted Nestea is the best Zerg currently

Q: Alright, real talk: Who, in your opinion, are the best players from each race?

IdrA: Nestea, MVP, MC.
Still, someone mentioned that a few months ago he said nestea is pretty bad and he gave a typical idra reply haha

idra said:
theres like 5 people [zergs probably] on the planet who arent pretty bad so its not that big of a leap

the whole interview is here http://gosutrolling.com/2011/01/gosutrolling-interviews-idra/

Ikuu

I think the game is just trolling me now, had like 6-7 ZvZs in a row.

Edit: Another one, I think matchmaking is broken. And another.

Cheeto

MrMister said:
The trick is to not actually care that you are terrible... works wonders for me.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hey guys, tech-question here :

What is the best ( i.e least taxing on performance ) way to enable AA on nvidia-based cards?

Ikuu

Finally something other than ZvZ, and it's a Terran who tried some weak timing attacks, lets me macro up and makes no tanks and wonders why he got stomped. He also tried the old typing that he had left the game.

Ikuu

You type "has left the game!" and hope they think you've left and quit themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom