• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

a40euw.png

Welcome back ladies and gentlemen to the eighth weekly GAF night! This week will be a bit extra cool thanks to Blizzard for releasing the official custom Blizzard maps! That means after my usual stream of 1v1 matches, we will break out the party hats and give a shot with Aiur Chef, StarJeweled, and Left 2 Die. (I'm hoping the maps allow spectators.) Anyways, I look forward to all playing with you tonight!

Information Guru said:
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<Custom Maps>
<FFA>

Streams and Misc. Info
-MrMister's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
-Corran Horn's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Cheeto's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sc2-gaf-night
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Ner0
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

Also, EU buddies who have an NA account are gladly welcome to join us if the traditional start time doesn't bother you. (Just make sure you join #NeoGAF)
VIVA LA REVOLUTION

Ikuu said:
Even though I'm terrible, it could be fun to start entering tournaments. Apart from Craft Cup what other tournaments are there for the EU that allow anyone to enter and are held pretty regularly?
ukstarcraft does weekly cups http://ukstarcraft.net/category/weekly-cups/

If by terrible you mean below diamond you can enter the amateur one. I played in it last friday, pretty much all of us were platinum players, I played awful and lost first round but I've entered again this week

jasonng

Tonight, I demand a 1v1 between me and panda on StarJeweled commentated by Feep and Scogoth. Knowing panda though, he'd be scared shitless facing me.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
(._.) said:
I'll play if I'm welcome! Just go to join custom game and look for #NeoGAF?

Join the NeoGAF channel and hop into mumble. You don't have to have a mic, but it will be fun to listen, and it let's Mr. know you're there!

(._.)

Banned
I have a mic but have never used mumble. Just installed and I'm guessing the channel for it will just show up under US?

twofold said:
12 drone rush ZvT on Steppes is the greatest thing ever. So good.

don't get used to doing that against T, sometimes they remember that their workers can repair each other and then you fail.

now ZvP is a whole other cup of cake :D

Meeru

Banned
Ill be on a two week pto from next week so I can participate in the gaf nights!! Here's hopingthey release blizz dota

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
mescalineeyes said:
don't get used to doing that against T, sometimes they remember that their workers can repair each other and then you fail.

now ZvP is a whole other cup of cake :D
oh shiiiiat i never thought of that

Spl1nter

Procarbine said:
It's ok, sometimes I look and things and just assume I win, then I don't notice 5 void rays and lose.

lol. Reason why roach all-ins are bad ideas without scouting info. If only you hydra all in like me

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
lol. Reason why roach all-ins are bad ideas without scouting info. If only you hydra all in like me
roach allins beat startech most of the time, but pro just completely ignored the battle in favour of critical gyser micromanagement.

he could have tooled all the probes and won if he wasnt microing dem gysers.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Pandaman said:
roach allins beat startech most of the time, but pro just completely ignored the battle in favour of critical gyser micromanagement.

he could have tooled all the probes and won if he wasnt microing dem gysers.

I was thinking about all the mutas I wanted to build later man!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ikuu said:
So it seems every Protoss on the US server just 4gates every single game.

Hey that's not true!

I 5 gate all in!

IceMarker

So I finally decided to pop open the update Map Editor, I fixed the balance problem with Main Base vision and fixed a couple Doodads on (4) Cross Sector. I also made a minor fix to (4) Khala Divide.

Ikuu said:
So it seems every Protoss on the US server just 4gates every single game.

it's a safe build so i can see why so many people do it

it's also frustrating too because if they aren't you can't get up their ramp(early on) to see if they're doing a tech build due to force field

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PandaPandaPanda said:
it's a safe build so i can see why so many people do it

it's also frustrating too because if they aren't you can't get up their ramp(early on) to see if they're doing a tech build due to force field
overlord/scan/2gate allin baby

Pandaman said:
overlord/scan/2gate allin baby

the point i was trying to get at is force field is too good early on

i'm secretly hoping they nerf it somehow (ie raising the energy cost and or making it reserchable on templar archives or something)

Well, maybe switch it with halucination on the cyber core, this way sentries start with that ability and have to wait a bit to get FF.

That said, I seem to be finding that 2-gate robo is > 4-gate. When the first push from the 4-gate arrives you just FF your ramp and wait for 1-2 immortals, then kick them out from your front door and expand.

Vaporak

DurielBlack said:
Well, maybe switch it with halucination on the cyber core, this way sentries start with that ability and have to wait a bit to get FF.

That said, I seem to be finding that 2-gate robo is > 4-gate. When the first push from the 4-gate arrives you just FF your ramp and wait for 1-2 immortals, then kick them out from your front door and expand.

Then you're just playing bad Protoss, forcefields can't keep a 4 gate out as you can warp in up the ramp with a proxy pylon.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ezrarh said:
Yea without forcefields gateway units are trash.
thisiswhatprotossactuallybelieve

nerf ff to 75 energy
buff sentry to start with 75 energy
nerf marines to 3 damage
buff marine cooldown to 0.526
new map pool

BALANCE.PNG

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmm, when terran double bunker the ramp against a 15 hatch zerg, what do they gain except a bit of a delay in the zerg play? Should the terran completely fill the bunkers up? What if the zerg goes banelings early and destroys both bunkers + all the marines?

How should the terran go from that point on (when the bunkers are gone)?

ezrarh

Pandaman said:
thisiswhatprotossactuallybelieve

nerf ff to 75 energy
buff sentry to start with 75 energy
nerf marines to 3 damage
buff marine cooldown to 0.526
new map pool

BALANCE.PNG

You say that like it's not true? Roach/speedling beats zealot/stalker at equal priced armies but yea, maybe the cost of ff might need to be re-evaluated. Or maps with less chokes and then ff won't be as big of an issue.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
Hmm, when terran double bunker the ramp against a 15 hatch zerg, what do they gain except a bit of a delay in the zerg play? Should the terran completely fill the bunkers up? What if the zerg goes banelings early and destroys both bunkers + all the marines?

How should the terran go from that point on (when the bunkers are gone)?
whatever you want because you forced 1 base baneling and your ramp isnt even threatened by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom